What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paid to Play: The Companies Selling Company by the Hour

Kol

On an average day, she'll be woken around noon by clients asking her to game with them, which she'll continue to do until 2 or 3 in the morning, though she prefers to get to sleep earlier. The unpredictable flow of clients and competition from other companions means it's hard to give an estimate of her monthly salary. "If people don't click on my profile and buy time with me, I simply don't make any money," she tells me over the phone. Ye occasionally plays games alongside clients in person at internet cafés — her WeChat feed advertises in-person gaming for 188 yuan an hour, or 800 yuan for a day — but she does so rarely as there's limited demand in her city.
http://www.sixthtone.com/news/1002714/paid-to-play-the-companies-selling-company-by-the-hour

Interesting article. The variety of service offered for sale is kinda surprising sometimes, isn't? Though a gaming playmate isn't too weird. The 'read you to sleep' and' wake up call' is more unique.

Reminds me of this manga about a service that offer company for sleeping. Not for doing anything sexual at all, just to help people who are insomnia get sleep better by the effect of having someone next to them (or in the case of one of the worker, by having said worker speakabout stuffs at lenght and made the client bored to sleep).

Back
Top Bottom