What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On integration into civilian life - for both renegade soldiers and escaped lab specimens

That would be a problem because a lot of things require a rather dense paper trail in the US. Many jobs -even in Small Town USA- require things like SSNs and even driver's licences. So they'll be jailed, interrogated, and probably analyzed at best. Then there is the possibility that they don't know a lick of english, which would cause even more problems...
Ok then. Illegal immigrants. Or runaways.

Ok then. Illegal immigrants. Or runaways.
That would be the assumption... and their real story would be so fantastical (if they speak a language that we Americans can translate) that they would be assumed to be extremely high on drugs until the tests come back.

That would be the assumption... and their real story would be so fantastical (if they speak a language that we Americans can translate) that they would be assumed to be extremely high on drugs until the tests come back.
...... what makes you think they'll talk about It?

Because having unknowns running around is dangerous in of itself. This isn't the days of the Wild West where there isn't much of a paper trail to speak of, it's the modern US where everyone HAS TO have a paper trail or get very pointed questions by the alphabet soup agencies in the US and else where.

Because having unknowns running around is dangerous in of itself. This isn't the days of the Wild West where there isn't much of a paper trail to speak of, it's the modern US where everyone HAS TO have a paper trail or get very pointed questions by the alphabet soup agencies in the US and else where.
... you know what? Nevermind.

Cause I'm confused. Because from any outward point of view looking in, the runaway super soldiers look just like normal teenagers. I mean, true, maybe that will get some attention, but don't the alphabet soup agencies have better things to do? Like look at men with brown skin and turbans, or try and overthrow a democratically elected leader in a country with oil? Why the sudden hostility towards a seemingly normal bunch of teenagers?

Cause I'm confused. Because from any outward point of view looking in, the runaway super soldiers look just like normal teenagers. I mean, true, maybe that will get some attention, but don't the alphabet soup agencies have better things to do? Like look at men with brown skin and turbans, or try and overthrow a democratically elected leader in a country with oil? Why the sudden hostility towards a seemingly normal bunch of teenagers?
Because of what they represent sadly enough. They're an unknown that has appeared out of nowhere... and that isn't good for the alphabet soup agencies...

Because of what they represent sadly enough. They're an unknown that has appeared out of nowhere... and that isn't good for the alphabet soup agencies...
A bunch of teens with no papers appear near the mexican borders. They're looking for work and have no interest in making contact with authorities.

... idk man you may think these alphabet agencies are mind readers that have nothing to do but look for aliens all the time. Honestly as long as the soldiers realise that overt displays of wanton violence attracts more attention than it solves they'll be fine. There's I honestly don't know how many undocumented fruitpickers around to the point there was a big hubhub about farmers not able to pick crops because a sudden ICS crackdown deprived them of workers.

They have a thing akin to trigger discipline right? Or just some discipline in general?

A bunch of teens with no papers appear near the mexican borders. They're looking for work and have no interest in making contact with authorities.

... idk man you may think these alphabet agencies are mind readers that have nothing to do but look for aliens all the time. Honestly as long as the soldiers realise that overt displays of wanton violence attracts more attention than it solves they'll be fine. There's I honestly don't know how many undocumented fruitpickers around to the point there was a big hubhub about farmers not able to pick crops because a sudden ICS crackdown deprived them of workers.

They have a thing akin to trigger discipline right? Or just some discipline in general?
Finally, some sanity.

Yes, trigger discipline. Or more accurately, inhuman disciplie. 'Will walk through a fire if ordered to' discipline. Supersolders, remember?

Back
Top Bottom