What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NPC meme thread

The meme itself is decent, only better because it actually triggered people. The best part is the reaction it generated on Twitter. The ban wave that erupted there because of this? Really, Silicon Valley. There's an own goal but you didn't have to do a running bicycle kick to do it.

NPC means non-player character right I dont get it

I don't know, I mean I have met some pretty well fleshed NPCs in my games...

View attachment 328

Hope this gives you some context. The meme kinda spun off from this post years later? I really don't know the details outside of Know Your Meme.
OH NICE im actually writing a creepypasta similar to this idiom I shall save this for latter consumption

(LMAO SPORTSBALL LMAO LMAO LMFAO)

The meme itself is decent, only better because it actually triggered people. The best part is the reaction it generated on Twitter. The ban wave that erupted there because of this? Really, Silicon Valley. There's an own goal but you didn't have to do a running bicycle kick to do it.

And it's funny because people screamed RUSSIAN BOT! at anyone they disagreed with.

Honestly, I find that Bioware NPCs have more deep, diverse and interesting personalities than most fox news hosts, so I'm not sure how they decided that liberals were the NPCs. Especially when it's the GOP that has the reputation for lockstep voting and messaging.

Honestly, I find that Bioware NPCs have more deep, diverse and interesting personalities than most fox news hosts, so I'm not sure how they decided that liberals were the NPCs. Especially when it's the GOP that has the reputation for lockstep voting and messaging.
it's less about the TV personalities and more about the average person you see interviewed on the street or argue on Twitter. there is a nasty Conformity streak going through that side of the camp. That's why people say the left eat their own.

That being said there is a great YouTube video that shows like a thousand different news anchors all repeating the same thing Across America so that's to your point about TV host.

it's less about the TV personalities and more about the average person you see interviewed on the street or argue on Twitter. there is a nasty Conformity streak going through that side of the camp. That's why people say the left eat their own.
Do I have to post the "better Russian than Democrat" guys from the Trump rally? Conformity is literally the entire premise pf the republican party. It's the only way they continue to function at all.

Do I have to post the "better Russian than Democrat" guys from the Trump rally? Conformity is literally the entire premise pf the republican party. It's the only way they continue to function at all.
Except it doesn't. I mean I've never seen people except those two guys they better Russian then Democrat so unless you prove that's some kind of common argument spread across years sure I'll take your point. Check my edit by the way I think you'll like it.

Except it doesn't. I mean I've never seen people except those two guys they better Russian then Democrat so unless you prove that's some kind of common argument spread across years sure I'll take your point. Check my edit by the way I think you'll like it.
There's an entire line of those shirts on Amazon. Obviously someone's buying them.

And yes, Sinclair is significantly worse than fox. Because fox isn't trying to literally force everyone to watch it like Sinclair is with their constant buyouts.

ranked #674,921 in the clothing department.

Sure, some people are buying them. A technically correct answer.
That was just one example. There's others. The extreme shift in "how are you doing economically" right after Trump was elected, the extreme shift in "do you have to be a moral person to be a good leader" right after Trump won the primary, etc... It's even the cliche "democrats fall in love, republicans fall in line"

There are a couple popular YouTubers who's channels consist of going to any political rally and just questioning the people there.
nearly all of them have shifted into asking the Liberals the questions because they usually are the best acting like a NPC and are thus entertaining to the people watching the video. most of the time that people can't elaborate on their orange man bad opinion and look baffled.
and half the time the Liberals are threatening the person, refusing to interact with the person, resorting to shouting slogans, waving the same manufacturer signs, etc.
There's no YouTuber that goes around asking the conservative questions and making them look stupid but if there is and you know of one please let me know I would like to subscribe.

And yes, Sinclair is significantly worse than fox. Because fox isn't trying to literally force everyone to watch it like Sinclair is with their constant buyouts.
Almost makes you suspicious of the media doesn't it?

the extreme shift in "do you have to be a moral person to be a good leader"
Not actually that extreme, it's mostly just an already-common-among-elites view on the matter is becoming mainstream. The people in power already accepted "No" as the answer, current events have just caused the general public to align with those people who are the leaders.

Not actually that extreme, it's mostly just an already-common-among-elites view on the matter is becoming mainstream. The people in power already accepted "No" as the answer, current events have just caused the general public to align with those people who are the leaders.
https://www.npr.org/2016/10/23/4988...warmed-to-politicians-who-commit-immoral-acts

A change of 42% (30% to 72%) in a single election is not "becoming mainstream" it's falling in line with whatever it takes to support a republican regardless of what ideals were previously professed. Hell, they went from 64 to 49 on whether it was important fro the president to have strong religious beliefs of his own in the same election cycle.

Also @ScreenXSurfer: you actually trust the youtuber to not edit and select the specific people to prove his point? That's like trusting Ray Comfort when he "proves" that noone can defend evolution by asking random college students but editing out all the ones who can or who call him out on his bullshit.

White evangelicals are not "elites", they're plebs4jesus. The elites is every politician who was elected while giving the impression of being a good human being, just to go on and get corrupted by big money, involve us in wars abroad, unleash drone strikes, etc.

Also @ScreenXSurfer: you actually trust the youtuber to not edit and select the specific people to prove his point? That's like trusting Ray Comfort when he "proves" that noone can defend evolution by asking random college students but editing out all the ones who can or who call him out on his bullshit.
If it was just 1 youtuber? Then it's just funny. When it's a half dozen? Then there's a trend forming.

The one that I started with was Nuance Bro and he has a pretty good understanding of the issues. So when he pushes back on people (kindly) and they eject from the interview immediately? Kinda NPCish to me.
Other YouTubers like Fleccas & Slightly Offensive are definitely much more like yours.

However, there's an easy way to prove they're bullshit. Anybody with a cameraphone can show those guys getting owned in a discussion (if that ever happens), but mostly they just put on their meanmug and leave.

Last edited:
A change of 42% (30% to 72%) in a single election is not "becoming mainstream" it's falling in line with whatever it takes to support a republican regardless of what ideals were previously professed.
...There's a graph in that article, showing a sharp rise of about 20%, which is large but actually pretty small in impact (it flipped the 10% bias) in every other listed category other than the "unaffiliated" which were already around 60%. The only group that landed outside that consensus appears to be the White Evangelicals, who are only 12% more likely than pretty much anyone else to hold the view. Oh wait, it's actually a somewhat small majority who hold the view, they are alongside the consensus! Quite literally, it is a generally mainstream view now, according to your statistics. More than the entirety of either full wing of politics is.

In other words, it's more normal to feel that a leader doesn't need to be morally exemplary than it is to be left-wing, going by your own study. Let alone Progressive (there was a big study that found Progressive Activists, no idea why they went with that terminology, were only 8% of the population and that liberals of all stripes were largely politically disengaged, while a solid 25% of the US were politically engaged conservatives. Can't pull it up right now 'cause I'm half asleep and tablet posting), let alone the violent intersectional cancer exemplified by Antifa which is starting to be ejected from even that relatively fringe movement.

I actually find this meme interesting, especially since I've been seeing this meme grow back from the days when it didn't have a name yet.

I've also found questions of consiousness and philosophical zombies interesting when I was younger.

There there, @Sarcobite . You are the woke, and not a degenerate repeater of basic memes that you were not clever enough to create yourself. You totally are capable of speaking your own thoughts and making preschool-level arguments, you only choose not to. It is all those other people who are the NPCs, you are the original adventurer, and you would have continued if you hadn't have taken an arrow to the knee. You are a special little snowflake, just like all your friends. :)

There there, @Sarcobite . You are the woke, and not a degenerate repeater of basic memes that you were not clever enough to create yourself. You totally are capable of speaking your own thoughts and making preschool-level arguments, you only choose not to. It is all those other people who are the NPCs, you are the original adventurer, and you would have continued if you hadn't have taken an arrow to the knee. You are a special little snowflake, just like all your friends. :)
Pictured below, the woke:

sheeple.png

NPC meme is kinda funny. Like, if you join a political movement or hold those ideas and then just go around parroting things without thinking about them you literally do start to sound like a robot.

It hilairs too because the people who made it are NPCs too. The whole 'I'm the only original one, lol, u triggered yet?' Is itself a tired old meme that has been parroted by brain dead loser NPCs since the beginning of time. To believe yourself the only one who not a robot, make you the biggest robot, 'cause obvi other people besides U have brains.

60 percent on this meme is her grade, wouldn't read again unless the ones perpetuating it get some original non NPC ideas tho.

Back
Top Bottom