What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nancy Pelosi announces impeachment inquiry into President Trump

Impeachment is a "Come at the King, you best not miss" deal.
Except that missing might be for the best in this case. Republican senate conspires to protect their guy, open season on the Republicans running for the senate.

It also motivates the undecideds to go out and vote since Trumpie is the president with the worst favorability ratings since the 1940's (a few dipped below his level for a few days or weeks in very rough times, but Trumpie has been consistently terrible for his entire term) who has been plagued with non-stop scandals. His party will never break ranks no matter how criminal his actions become, so it becomes imperative to vote him out.

Arguably it would be worse to successfully impeach since it means that:
  • Pence would step in the the president's seat, and he has a chance of winning back voters who only want Trumpie gone
  • now the false narrative of "Democrats will impeach anyone from the other party at any time" has a hint of plausibility
Losing puts every Republican firmly on the side of Trumpie, and ties them to his scandals. Democrats would love to be in the position to put every one of them on record as being in full support of the corrupt actions from the least favorable president in decades.

Republicans circle the wagons, FAKE NEWZZZZZZZZSSS taken up to 11?

I very much doubt this will go anywhere by the time Trump finishes his 2nd term (n)

I'm wondering how they expect it to get through a GOP-Controlled Senate. Democrats need to go all in on Senate races in 2020, forget about Presidency. Our Executive Branch is fucked and has been fucked for awhile now.

Why not both?

By your command.

tumblr_nnnqndBffB1tqyfuro1_500.gif

If Pelosi is ready for impeachment she already had the votes she needs to impeach before she gave that speech, the real question is how fast will the senate gop acquit, also Biden needs to step down like right now just to fuck up the gop narrative

Last edited:
He has as much chance of a 2nd term as I have of becoming the king of England
Oi EU posters and agents! I found yer puppet- i mean RIGHTFUL KING OF ENGLAND ROIGHT HERE!

I'm wondering how they expect it to get through a GOP-Controlled Senate. Democrats need to go all in on Senate races in 2020, forget about Presidency. Our Executive Branch is fucked and has been fucked for awhile now.

Then they don't expect it to get it through, and the purpose of all this is something else.

Then they don't expect it to get it through, and the purpose of all this is something else.
Or, they've been tricked and now have no other way to proceed except to try and hope that either opportunity to get out of this will present itself, or the initiative will bear fruit due to a new development which, of course, could be not only natural but also artificial(orchestrated).

Oi, Muricans? Can you pause this circus for a few minutes? I'm running out of popcorn :D

Good God, these lunatics just won't let up with the Russia stuff, despite the transcript of Trump's conversation indicating quite clearly that he doesn't know who hacked the DNC.

It's a psychosis. I have never been more disgusted with politicians in my life. OK, second place after the "let's lie our way into a war" thing.

Good God, these lunatics just won't let up with the Russia stuff, despite the transcript of Trump's conversation indicating quite clearly that he doesn't know who hacked the DNC.
The hilarious part is that it's not even proven beyond the reasonable doubts that it was, in fact, a hack.

The hilarious part is that it's not even proven beyond the reasonable doubts that it was, in fact, a hack.

Which is obviously what he was asking Zelensky to look into.

Assange is in custody. I wonder if he has told where he got the emails from (he's always maintained that it was a disgruntled DNC staffer), and that is lurking unsaid in the back of this phone conversation.

But no, the Dem establishment will do anything rather than admit why they lost the election.

Assange is in custody. I wonder if he has told where he got the emails from (he's always maintained that it was a disgruntled DNC staffer), and that is lurking
I won't go as far as to claim that it was disgruntled employee, but according to the independent cybersecurity experts who had a chance to look into the digital evidence, the copying process was performed at speeds that rule out data transfer to off-site location via the network.

Put simply, someone who had physical access to either servers or terminals AND to the files themselves just came into the room, approached a computer, logged in, plugged in a portable hard drive or USB stick, copied the files, extracted the device out of the office and then sent them to the third party.

It could have been disgruntled employee, or he(she) could have been corrupt, or it could have been undercover operative of foreign intelligence service, or perhaps an act of inter- or intrapartisan political warfare. Who knows? I personally am perfectly willing to believe it to be possible for Naryshkin's boys and gals to pull off such tricks without getting caught neither in the process nor immediately afterwards.

We benefited from it and thus, are suspects until proven innocent.

Reactions: EiC
I won't go as far as to claim that it was disgruntled employee, but according to the independent cybersecurity experts who had a chance to look into the digital evidence, the copying process was performed at speeds that rule out data transfer to off-site location via the network.

Put simply, someone who had physical access to either servers or terminals AND to the files themselves just came into the room, approached a computer, logged in, plugged in a portable hard drive or USB stick, copied the files, extracted the device out of the office and then sent them to the third party.

It could have been disgruntled employee, or he(she) could have been corrupt, or it could have been undercover operative of foreign intelligence service, or perhaps an act of inter- or intrapartisan political warfare. Who knows? I personally am perfectly willing to believe it to be possible for Naryshkin's boys and gals to pull off such tricks without getting caught neither in the process nor immediately afterwards.

We benefited from it and thus, are suspects until proven innocent.

I have no idea who did it -- and apparently neither does Trump, unless Assange has said so.

I don't think you realize what's going on under the surface in US politics. This isn't ultimately about Trump -- it's about neutralizing the left wing of the Democratic Party. 2016 was a clear repudiation of the status quo by the electorate. To defeat Trump, the Dems have to run someone who is also perceived as an anti-establishment candidate. That would be Sanders or someone of that nature. But that is much worse than letting Trump win, because that would threaten the position of entrenched power bases inside the DP that have been there since the mid-90s. See? They can't beat him democratically without undermining themselves. That's why you have had this ridiculous circus for the last 3 years.

Guess Pelosi could no longer resist the call from her caucus to proceed with impeachment. Wonder how this will turn out.
It's timed so that the impeachment should hit right around campaign season, so that he can't campaign effectively for next year, because people will be being called in, and subpoenad for the investigation and such.

Guess Pelosi could no longer resist the call from her caucus to proceed with impeachment. Wonder how this will turn out.
Nah, Pelosi jumped on this far too quickly to be a bowing to external pressure. The senior Democrats evidently think that this is their opportunity to finally nail Trump to the wall.

Nah, Pelosi jumped on this far too quickly to be a bowing to external pressure. The senior Democrats evidently think that this is their opportunity to finally nail Trump to the wall.

But as mentioned this is unlikely to happen, and assuming that senior Democrats are not imbeciles, therefore it cannot be their goal.

This will definitely hurt Biden, since it highlights his own corruption. Maybe they've decided to throw Biden under the bus and think this will help Warren.

This will definitely hurt Biden, since it highlights his own corruption. Maybe they've decided to throw Biden under the bus and think this will help Warren.
I think it's simply a preemptive attack. They got wind that Trump is going after their poster boy Joe and decided to simply start screaming murder sooner and louder, hoping to drown out anything Trump will say. Btw I've heard rumors that the 'whistleblower' is just a cover and in reality the phone call has arrived to the Democrats from somebody in Zelensky's circles. Don't know whether it's true or not, but Zelensky's secretary of the National Security and Defence Council, Olexander Danylyuk, has resigned yesterday. He's been there only since May so something had to happen.

Back
Top Bottom