What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My SCP drafts

The Mountain Trail

Mr Wumbo

Author
I have been a long time fan of SCP foundation since 2013. I suppose I should try writing for it eventually.

I'm planning to collect all of my drafts here: http://scpsandbox2.wikidot.com/datguy

Here's something I started writing like 3 hours ago: The Mountain Trail. It's a homage to the classic SCP-087. Mount Salak is also a real place and is somewhat notorious for lots of missing hikers.
======
Item ##: SCP-XXXX

Object class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-XXXX is located on the north side of Mount Salak, Indonesia. Entry point to SCP-XXXX is to be blocked with a chain link fence consistent with the design of restricted Indonesian military zone. Motion sensors and cameras with facial recognition are installed leading up the trail.

Further exploration attempt have been ceased.

Description: SCP-XXXX is a hiking trail with an anomalous geography. The trail ascends at a 22 degree angle, and turns right at a 45 degree angle every 180 meter. This geography is inconsistent with the shape of the mountain, and SCP-XXXX maintains a consistent environment of a thick vegetation to the left and the mountain's rocky cliffside to the right. SCP-XXXX is perpetually covered in a layer of haze. SCP-XXXX can only be accessed through a singular entry point.

SCP-XXXX came into the attention of the Foundation after local search and rescue mission discovered its anomalous property during their search of a missing father and daughter hikers.

Addendum: The following are abridged versions of SCP-XXXX exploration logs.
Log: Exploration team traveled up the trail for approximately 700 meters.
Recovered Items:
  • Discarded cigarette
  • Discarded chocolate wrappers
Notes: "Steps" are noted on the ground starting around 520 meters.
Log: Exploration team traveled up the trail for approximately 2100 meters.
Recovered Items:
  • Damaged camping equipment
  • Concrete chunks
Notes: Light condition remain at around 100 lumens starting at around 1010 meters.
Log: Exploration team traveled up the trail for approximately 5087 meters.
Recovered Items:
  • Unidentified textbook
  • Damaged child backpack
Notes: Exploration members noted increasing claustrophobia starting at around 4800 meters.
Log: Fourth exploration have been suspended indefinitely.
Recovered Items:
  • Rusted plaque bearing the initial "D.o.A".
  • Orange fabric scraps
Notes: Distant knocking sounds are heard for about 2 weeks after discovery of items.

Now do an SCP based on Orang Pendek. Or that mountain in Java that looks suspiciously like a pyramid, Mt. Padang.

1*A8DPkHScnGdj_pgrDRaOdQ.jpeg

images

Yeah I'm planning to base my SCP stories in Indonesia and based on local mysteries, myths, and urban legend. Both because"write what you know" and because I want to force Indonesian representation into the SCP universe :cool: o7o7o7 🇮🇩

The next one would be based on the urban legend of human sacrifice in infrastructure projects. The legend goes that government official would kidnap street urchins or homeless people and bury them alive under the concrete foundation to make the construction strong. This legend is probably based on a real indigenous Javanese tradition of burying ox head to ward off bad fortune, which also often done in new construction sites to prevent accidents.

Yeah I'm planning to base my SCP stories in Indonesia and based on local mysteries, myths, and urban legend. Both because"write what you know" and because I want to force Indonesian representation into the SCP universe :cool: o7o7o7 🇮🇩

The next one would be based on the urban legend of human sacrifice in infrastructure projects. The legend goes that government official would kidnap street urchins or homeless people and bury them alive under the concrete foundation to make the construction strong. This legend is probably based on a real indigenous Javanese tradition of burying ox head to ward off bad fortune, which also often done in new construction sites to prevent accidents.

Ah...yeah. Try most of archipelago. I know there's some bridges in Sabah and Sarawak that's rumoured to have a head buried near one of the support pillars. I think there's even stories like it in the Philippines?

Back
Top Bottom