What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My post-Isekai story idea

So, any idea how you want story to start?
Honestly, don't know. I'll probably just go with your suggestion of depicting the Battalion itself. I'll probably strip all names and only refer the POV characters by their ranks (the names can be dropped later in the story), and I'll keep the prologue short, a few brief moments into the Battalion's history.

Honestly, don't know. I'll probably just go with your suggestion of depicting the Battalion itself. I'll probably strip all names and only refer the POV characters by their ranks (the names can be dropped later in the story), and I'll keep the prologue short, a few brief moments into the Battalion's history.
Do it.
Story doesn't necessarily need to be written in the order it is meant to be read or published.

Uh, which part do you mean?
Even if American involvement is supposed to be a mystery you can still start by writing their POV from the time they were transported to another world and then leave publishing this part later on.

Unless you have other specific character in mind, along with other specific event later in the timeline, of course.

Even if American involvement is supposed to be a mystery you can still start by writing their POV from the time they were transported to another world and then leave publishing this part later on.
I see. Are you suggesting that I don't use the Battalion POVs as prologue?

I see. Are you suggesting that I don't use the Battalion POVs as prologue?
Depends whether you want to use their involvement a mystery at least for some time.

If yes, then first chapter should be written from POV of the original character, a native one, who doesn't really know about it, American involvement is a trivia that is revealed during the course of the story, and has a very little importance on actual conflict of the story.

If no, and either their involvement would be revealed almost immediately through narration, or a conflict of the story actually revolved around them, or it is even told from their perspective as they seized power over the locals etc. then their arrival would make sense as either a prologue, or a first chapter.

Main problem with narration is that is leaves no information to be gradually revealed to the reader throughout the story, so there is little incentive to keep on reading to find out what is really going on.

If yes, then first chapter should be written from POV of the original character, a native one, who doesn't really know about it, American involvement is a trivia that is revealed during the course of the story, and has a very little importance on actual conflict of the story.

If no, and either their involvement would be revealed almost immediately through narration, or a conflict of the story actually revolved around them, or it is even told from their perspective as they seized power over the locals etc. then their arrival would make sense as either a prologue, or a first chapter.
I am not decided on yes or no part, but I'll answer the rest.

1. The American involvement part is mostly a trivia, but it does have a significant influence on the system of the Republic since the Battalion members tried to implement what is familiar to them.

2. I'll probably write a prequel about the Battalion's initial history, but that's after I finish this story which doesn't directly revolve around them that much.

1. The American involvement part is mostly a trivia, but it does have a significant influence on the system of the Republic since the Battalion members tried to implement what is familiar to them.

2. I'll probably write a prequel about the Battalion's initial history, but that's after I finish this story which doesn't directly revolve around them that much.
Perhaps you should start with a prequel instead? If you don't have plan for actual story, perhaps it is better to write chronologically, and improvise?

Perhaps it is better to let you to write the chapter, let you figure out how you feel about it.

Perhaps you should start with a prequel instead? If you don't have plan for actual story, perhaps it is better to write chronologically, and improvise?
Problem is that I've done most of the worldbuilding for the 'present day' of the setting, not during the Battalion's heyday.

Perhaps it is better to let you to write the chapter, let you figure out how you feel about it.
Yeah, guess I should just force myself to write something.

Problem is that I've done most of the worldbuilding for the 'present day' of the setting, not during the Battalion's heyday.
Do you have a protagonist (at least one, if there are multiple), a plot, events it should cover etc?

Yeah, guess I should just force myself to write something.
I guess you should.
This particular event is something that doesn't require too much lore to be established about the world.

Back
Top Bottom