What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Terrifying Things in Children's Media?

Mondor

The Freak
Banned
As simple as the title suggests. Who or what are the most terrifying things in children's media?

One of my choices has to be Lord Zedd:

The guy's a walking life support machine with flayed skin. Someone or something took off his skin. It gets even more terrifying in his most recent appearance, Countdown to Destruction, where he and Rita get restored to good:

This guy was a normal human before whatever happened to him. This raises all sorts of questions: Was he awake when he lost his skin? Did he feel pain? What are the fluids for?

Bible cartoons.

Oh, look. I'm doing fine.

Your dead religion and your sorcerer's ways won't save you, Darth Sarcobite. Nor have they made the Dem's plans magically appear.

You got the order wrong - and you can't make that claim when your force choke didn't work.

But I wasn't actually choking.

Also, you really should see a therapist about all those anger emoticons you're leaving littered on all my posts.

... Riiiight.

Moving things back on topic, pokemon games are generally cheerful. I fondly remember playing Pokemon Blue as a kid.

It also had you climb a haunted tower to exorcise it from things that possessed trained exorcists and catch them for use in glorified cockfights. Also making it possible to have a pet that wore it's mother's skull as a hat. There's other stuff as well.

Thomas The Tank Engine

[IMG]

Each train is a living sentient being trapped inside of a train. The trains have no control over anything canonically other then their eyes and mouth, as they possess a driver. They don't age and are pretty much stuck there, embedded in the train, unable to do anything but sit their suspended and trapped. Can't move on your own account, can only think as you open your mouth and scream as you're stuck for years going up and down the tracks of Sodor.

It is like the Gou'ald in Stargate, simply imagine if the host could talk. Just imagine being driven around all day, with no control over your own body, being paralyzed and unable to move. In the end you simply go insane, your body turned into a slave for the train companies on Sodor.

... Riiiight.

Moving things back on topic, pokemon games are generally cheerful. I fondly remember playing Pokemon Blue as a kid.

It also had you climb a haunted tower to exorcise it from things that possessed trained exorcists and catch them for use in glorified cockfights. Also making it possible to have a pet that wore it's mother's skull as a hat. There's other stuff as well.
Hell, just the fact that the Marrwok was killed after being tortured because it wouldn't tell Team Rocket where her cubone kids were was pretty horrifying.

(and hey, you're the one in love with anger emoticons, my dude, not me)

Who is Diesel 10 and why does it belong here? Is that a train from Thomas that served in Germany during the big Sequel?
He was a Diesel train that rebelled againist evil sodor tyranny, and was painted as a villain for it.

So Sodor island is Communist then?

COOOOL

I like to think that my choices are superior since they do not require becoming an adult and deconstructing the medium before becoming traumatizing.

On the subject of Pokemon, Giratina's theme is genuinely terrifying. From the timeframe of 0:52 - 1:05, the song slowly starts to sound like a failing heart monitor:

This makes sense seeing as Giratina is pretty much the Satan of the Pokemon world.

Back
Top Bottom