What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most progressive US state will be carbon neutral! (...in three decades) Here's how!

Lerticus

Senile Old Coot
☭ Communism ☭
California Gives Final OK To Require Solar Panels On New Houses
Solar panels will be a required feature on new houses in California, after the state's Building Standards Commission gave final approval to a housing rule that's the first of its kind in the United States.

Set to take effect in 2020, the new standard includes an exemption for houses that are often shaded from the sun. It also includes incentives for people to add a high-capacity battery to their home's electrical system, to store the sun's energy.
The rule marks a new phase in California's environmental policies, which have often set trends and established standards nationwide. The state has set the goal of drawing 100 percent of its electricity from renewable energy sources and sharply reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
California hopes to achieve its carbon-neutral energy status within 30 years; in September, the California Energy Commission said the state is currently at 32 percent of achieving that goal.

Sooooo... yeah. Twelve years before things get fucked beyond all repair, and this is the best that the "leader of the free world" can come up with.

Amongst the fellow states with policies such as "I'm sure God will fix things", "Ain't nothin' wrong, we got clean coal, see", and "Uh... science... fix?", is the beacon of hope fighting against climate change. More than twice the time that the planet has before things all turn to shit, but at least there is some minimum effort.

Kudos. By which I mean fuck each and every government on the planet for talking big about how they will make "meaningful change" without taking the actions that would actually cause that change. At least the soundbites are nice for public consumption.

Edit: Hmm... though it went into the news subforum. I suppose this also works, technically.

Last edited:
I figured the most progressive state was Nevada since now you can legally get weed and legally buy a hooker.

people should have the right to sell themselves as slaves.

Who are we to monitor and restrict the job opportunities of the individual!

Back
Top Bottom