What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most controversial or unpopular political/economic/social opinions?

Oh, that's cool. Guess her post was specific to the US, where it's on the books, tho not heavily enforce.
1st amendment and all.

I mean, if someones and ass, I think they're an ass and they can be private, but I don't see why we should allow Nazis to match through the streets with banners saying "Jews shall be gassed". Like if the US doesn't allow nude pictures in public, why do they allow Nazis?

1st amendment and all.

I mean, if someones and ass, I think they're an ass and they can be private, but I don't see why we should allow Nazis to match through the streets with banners saying "Jews shall be gassed". Like if the US doesn't allow nude pictures in public, why do they allow Nazis?
Don't know and that is completely bizarre. We allow f bombing nazi and not a naked pic, which exist all over. Only guess is that the people in power sympathize with nazis?

1st amendment and all.

I am of the strong opinion that, withiin the context of the US. The right to free speech does not entail the right to a platform. Don't give a shit with the 'effectively it's censorship' BS or whatnot.

She believe bigotry should be actually illegal. When you cross social or physical lines with excessive, violent hate speech or violent actions, you should be at best fined and at worst restrained from contact or jailed to protect the objects of your gross icky evil hatred.

Bullying of outcast groups not taken close to serious. We allow people to agressively, online and off. Say and do terrible acts that they should feel bad about.
Please, define "hate speech". Precisely.

1. Violent threats to minorities, like, "get out, you disgust me/Are disgusting," actual threatening to hit
2. Rhetoric about how sinful or crazy like, wevs group you hate is
3. Calls to action or plans to hurt them, even jokes

1. Violent threats to minorities, like, "get out, you disgust me/Are disgusting," actual threatening to hit
2. Rhetoric about how sinful or crazy like, wevs group you hate is
3. Calls to action or plans to hurt them, even jokes
wevs?

Humans cannot be cute in the same way animals can. Cute as in ''attractive'' sure, but babies grow up to be horrible people. They also carry their shit with them and make you clean it up. Although dogs and cats technically do the same thing, it's usually only micro particles. Babies? They carry the entire turd.

I'm Indonesian, my country is nothing special compared to those in Latin America. We also got our democratically elected government (allegedly) couped by the CIA, and get possibly one of the most brutal and corrupt dictators ever installed.

I still stand by that post really.

I'm his neighbour and I understand his stance. Mind you I'd rather have a multipolar world rather than a punch drunk America at the helm but a competent America is welcomed.

I'm his neighbour and I understand his stance. Mind you I'd rather have a multipolar world rather than a punch drunk America at the helm but a competent America is welcomed.

Really, I'd like for a Multipolar world, but ONLY if there is no visible competition to Liberal Democracy as an Ideology, essentially, a '1.3' world as per my interpretation. 1 meaning that America is still a very dominant power, naturally given by it's geography, economic centers, universities, etc etc etc. but the .3 meaning that other powers like the EU, NIgeria, the DRC, Brazil, Australia are still able to carve out their own niches in the global economy themselves. All the while being Liberal Democracies all the way.

Despite feeling disturbed by Morphile's support for Pinochet, I will point out that I am a hypocrite.
I have a belief that Park Chunghee's junta, despite being an oppressive, censored, dictatorship just like Pinochet's, I think it was necessary for South Korea, despite the colossal dick moves made by his regime and his ties to both pre and post WW2 japan.
Also his president-ette puppet bitch of a daughter. Lets not forget that.

Really, I'd like for a Multipolar world, but ONLY if there is no visible competition to Liberal Democracy as an Ideology, essentially, a '1.3' world as per my interpretation. 1 meaning that America is still a very dominant power, naturally given by it's geography, economic centers, universities, etc etc etc. but the .3 meaning that other powers like the EU, NIgeria, the DRC, Brazil, Australia are still able to carve out their own niches in the global economy themselves. All the while being Liberal Democracies all the way.

I would not put much faith in Europe either. We (I'm from the UK and still technically in the EU) got rich from enslaving and plundering the planet for centuries and now believe that a few nice words on paper and a bit of Beethoven makes it all okay while STILL behaving skeevily in Africa. And even in America today, police still kill black people for fun and is going the way of Brazil (Trump is a diet Bolsonaro). As for Nigeria, it has its own issues that are for another thread.

Liberal Democracy is something that the elites pay lip service to while continuing to behave oligarchically.

Last edited:
Despite feeling disturbed by Morphile's support for Pinochet, I will point out that I am a hypocrite.
I have a belief that Park Chunghee's junta, despite being an oppressive, censored, dictatorship just like Pinochet's, I think it was necessary for South Korea, despite the colossal dick moves made by his regime and his ties to both pre and post WW2 japan.
Also his president-ette puppet bitch of a daughter. Lets not forget that.

Morphile hasn't even posted in this thread. Why the hell are you bringing him up?

Morphile hasn't even posted in this thread. Why the hell are you bringing him up?
I just wanted to talk about what my thougts after reading about his support for Pinochet's economic policies across the political section of FiC, its seems I have forgotten the danger of this thread being drowned withing the endless stream of Morphile's walls of text.

Legalize all drugs. I've made a thread about this. It's none of your business what I put into my body.

I think people offended by a stranger's words need to toughen up, not try to destroy that person's life by jailing, firing, imprisoning, ruining, etc. When people honestly believe that's an appropriate, measured response to hate speech, it's because you don't consider nazis to be human beings. It's easier to punish than to solve. It's easier to be evil than to be good.

I think public schools, and early education in general, need to be completely changed from top to bottom. The system we have now is over a century old. Why are we teaching cursive? Why are we teaching mathematics beyond algebra? Or advanced reading? That's not going to help them in life where things go wrong. Financial knowledge is far more important than advanced reading, geometry, trig, chemistry, etc.
Why are we using the classroom model still? The method of educating doesn't change from start to finish. Sit in a chair, look forward, raise your hand, etc. for 12 years.

Last edited:
Oh goodness, sorry Senmut.

Thank you! ^_^
That's okay. I just had never run across "wevs" before. Wonderd if it was a mis-type or something.

Legalize all drugs. I've made a thread about this. It's none of your business what I put into my body.

Sure, it's none of our business.

The problem is, it will be our business when shenanigans occurs after you put that thing in your body. You know, vandal, rob, steal, rape, kill, or ate people's face in case of bath salt.

This came from the man whom supports weed legalization. I'm cool with weed.

Why are we teaching cursive?

I think the medical professional shoud learn cursive. Most of the time, their writings is... Irrelevant.

Sure, it's none of our business.

The problem is, it will be our business when shenanigans occurs after you put that thing in your body. You know, vandal, rob, steal, rape, kill, or ate people's face in case of bath salt.
Those are already all crimes which are punishable and alcohol is the biggest offender in this regard and is legal.

Back
Top Bottom