What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most controversial or unpopular political/economic/social opinions?

Senmut

Author
What are yours? Do you have a POV on any social or economic or religious/whatever topic, that is outside the pale? What, and why?

I support guns.

Personally, I am opposed to Central Banks. A nation's banking and currency should not be in the hands of people who are not elected, unknown to the people, and usually face no penalty when they screw up.

Personally, I am opposed to Central Banks. A nation's banking and currency should not be in the hands of people who are not elected, unknown to the people, and usually face no penalty when they screw up.
That's not actually that rare of a sentiment. A lot of people hate bankers in general, and I'm sure that includes the big bankers as well.

That's not actually that rare of a sentiment. A lot of people hate bankers in general, and I'm sure that includes the big bankers as well.
I don't dislike banks, as such. I am opposed to a private banking cartel being given power to both control interest rates/money supply, AND issue currency at the same time. But banking itself, no.

Here's one: any company moving their headquarters to a different country for tax purposes should be fined an amount equal to 50% of the company's total assets. And any private citizen found to be using tax havens should be fined 100% of all moneys hidden there.

Actually... history hasn't been kind to those without centralized banking systems. That's why the US Treasury is basically a national bank in different skin. The last time the US got rid of it's central bank it caused one of the worst depressions until the Great Depression (although, at the time, the US Bank was going to get it's shit wrecked sooner or later with it's shenanigans).

Personally? Democracy Uber Alles caused as many problems as it solved them, especially when applied haphazardly. Making the courts and Senate directly elected by the electorate for example has caused all sorts of BS but that was in response to the Gilded Age having corrupt judges and practically the entire Senate in the various Trusts' back pocket. Hence why I'm sort of, extreme, when it comes to corporations. Want to be part of the top leadership and shareholder? Well, congratulations! You've got our complementary gift from the US government, which not only records everything you say and do but also has a nasty surprise if you decide to break the law...

Also, I hate people keep thinking that the US is a modern nation-state in structure when it is basically a democratic version of a (federalized) Holy Roman Empire: A federation of States whom are a federation of Counties...

Actually... history hasn't been kind to those without centralized banking systems. That's why the US Treasury is basically a national bank in different skin. The last time the US got rid of it's central bank it caused one of the worst depressions until the Great Depression (although, at the time, the US Bank was going to get it's shit wrecked sooner or later with it's shenanigans).

Personally? Democracy Uber Alles caused as many problems as it solved them, especially when applied haphazardly. Making the courts and Senate directly elected by the electorate for example has caused all sorts of BS but that was in response to the Gilded Age having corrupt judges and practically the entire Senate in the various Trusts' back pocket. Hence why I'm sort of, extreme, when it comes to corporations. Want to be part of the top leadership and shareholder? Well, congratulations! You've got our complementary gift from the US government, which not only records everything you say and do but also has a nasty surprise if you decide to break the law...

Also, I hate people keep thinking that the US is a modern nation-state in structure when it is basically a democratic version of a (federalized) Holy Roman Empire: A federation of States whom are a federation of Counties...
Not a bad response. Just for my own curiousity, hat sort of national banking/credit system would you construct, were it in your hands to do so?

Not a bad response. Just for my own curiousity, hat sort of national banking/credit system would you construct, were it in your hands to do so?
What the US has now is probably the best option overall, just without as much political shenanigans involved.

Sexual expression, as in actin and dressin slutty, is fine. Cue wailing and gnashing of teeth by a certain big majority.

Love everybody even if they hate you.

Don't get it, tho ppl seem to like the sexy one more than the love one.

Sexual expression, as in actin and dressin slutty, is fine. Cue wailing and gnashing of teeth by a certain big majority.

Love everybody even if they hate you.

Don't get it, tho ppl seem to like the sexy one more than the love one.
Huh??????

Huh??????
Umm. People find, expressing yourself by showing off your body, to be worthy of ridicule here. Or they just disregard everything you say. So in that way, expressing yourself in such a way is, controversial.

And ppl just hate love around here so they literally say stuff like 'love means getting choked.' Funny how you can't dress in a mini skirt without being treated like trash, tho men can advocate violence in the name of love.

Anyway, then she believes that all ppl deserve love, maybe even specially when they hate her.

And ppl hate both these views, they just spend a night with me to laugh at everything she says if they hear my views on how to present myself, and violently hate me for expressing the love views.

Uhhhmmm.....okay.

Reactions: EiC
Uhhhmmm.....okay.
Wow, ok, she is ashamed to have wrote her post.

No, lol, Hitler doesn't deserve a shred of love.
Umm, why we talking about a dead guy who while super evil is, dead?

Tho she clarifies later that she only follow this rule herself.

You kinda right she mean, maybe somebody conceivably could have love a monster, tho after all that there's not much to love.

Anyway, since she can hear a hostile voice in the responses here, she just gonna laugh.

And you know she totally said love wite superemacist, lol

I am a Pro Democracy Advocate, specifically, A strong Pro Liberal Democracy Advocate.

And at the same time, I am Pro-Unipolarity because I don't see any possible alternatives to a more Liberal leaning world if the US pulls out it's presence right now. I am of the strong opinion that a world led by a (Liberal) United States would be one of the best timelines we'll ever live in.

At least until China/ Russia/ EU/ African Union/ India/ Indonesia develops/ centralizes enough to become Liberal Democracies in their own right. I cannot in good faith support a more multipolar world where the other alternatives are 'worse off' than the USA.

I think that if you are a serious Anarchist of any stripe you're a horrible person. Anarchy of any type is literally the worst.
I also think drag queens are fucking degenerate. I dont really have much of a problem with the LBGT stuff. Not my cup of tea but whatever. But drag queens. Yeesh no. Them and furrys go.

I also think drag queens are fucking degenerate
As somone whose been to some of the best Drag Shows on the Westcoast, believe me! You are missing out sir!

🎶Hi, hi we're your weather girls
Ah-huh
And have we got news for you
You better listen
Get ready, all you lonely girls
And leave those umbrellas at home
Alright
Humidity is rising (uh rising), barometer's getting low (oh low, girl)
According to all sources (what sources now), the street's the place to go (we better hurry up)
'Cause tonight for the first time (first time)
Just about half-past ten (half past ten)
For the first time in history
It's gonna start raining men (start raining men)
It's raining men, hallelujah, it's raining men, amen
I'm gonna go out to run and let myself get
Absolutely soaking wet
It's raining men, hallelujah
It's raining men, every specimen
Tall, blonde, dark and lean
Rough and tough and strong and mean
God bless mother nature, she's a single woman too
She took off to heaven and she did what she had to do
She taught every angel she rearranged the sky
So that each and every woman could find her perfect guy
Oh, it's raining men, yeah
Humanity's rising (humanity's rising)
Barometer's getting low (it's getting low, low, low, low)
According to all sources (according to all sources)
The street's the place to go
'Cause tonight for the first time
Just about half past ten
For the first time in history
It's gonna start raining man (start raining men)
It's raining men, amen
It's raining men, amen
It's raining men, amen
Oh oh oh oh
It's raining men
Tall, blonde, dark and lean
Rough and tough and strong and mean
Hallelujah it's raining men🎶

I am a Pro Democracy Advocate, specifically, A strong Pro Liberal Democracy Advocate.

And at the same time, I am Pro-Unipolarity because I don't see any possible alternatives to a more Liberal leaning world if the US pulls out it's presence right now. I am of the strong opinion that a world led by a (Liberal) United States would be one of the best timelines we'll ever live in.

At least until China/ Russia/ EU/ African Union/ India/ Indonesia develops/ centralizes enough to become Liberal Democracies in their own right. I cannot in good faith support a more multipolar world where the other alternatives are 'worse off' than the USA.

I'm pretty sure the people of Latin America who got thrown out of helicopters or were tortured with dogs for being trade unionists would disagree, as wpuld the millions of Vietnamese slaughtered by the US. But hey there's a few nice words on paper and a few platitudes about liberal democracy so it's all okay.

I'm pretty sure the people of Latin America who got thrown out of helicopters or were tortured with dogs for being trade unionists would disagree, as wpuld the millions of Vietnamese slaughtered by the US. But hey there's a few nice words on paper and a few platitudes about liberal democracy so it's all okay.

I'm Indonesian, my country is nothing special compared to those in Latin America. We also got our democratically elected government (allegedly) couped by the CIA, and get possibly one of the most brutal and corrupt dictators ever installed.

I still stand by that post really.

She believe bigotry should be actually illegal. When you cross social or physical lines with excessive, violent hate speech or violent actions, you should be at best fined and at worst restrained from contact or jailed to protect the objects of your gross icky evil hatred.

Bullying of outcast groups not taken close to serious. We allow people to agressively, online and off. Say and do terrible acts that they should feel bad about.

She believe bigotry should be actually illegal. When you cross social or physical lines with excessive, violent hate speech or violent actions, you should be at best fined and at worst restrained from contact or jailed to protect the objects of your gross icky evil hatred.

Bullying of outcast groups not taken close to serious. We allow people to agressively, online and off. Say and do terrible acts that they should feel bad about.
already the case in like Germany tbh

Back
Top Bottom