What's new
Frozen In Carbonite

Welcome to FIC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most controversial or unpopular political/economic/social opinions?

V4Guss

Author
I don't understand what the big deal is about "I identify as" or transgenders or any body dysmorphic/dysphoric disorder. The body is... well... meat. It's a vessel for consciousness. Your body isn't you so why get hung up on things of the body? Dysmorphic and dysphoric disorders puzzle me and this is coming from someone who has body dysphoria in the sense of hating being stuck in the one I have and that it's not capable of doing the things I want it to do. I'm stuck in a pathetic and weak mortal shell with a brain that has below average processing and memory capability. I believe that my body is just hardware. My mind is software that's running on it. I live in a world that doesn't feel right either. I've/I'm learned/learning to make peace with this sort of thing.

To me it just comes off as unhealthy to obsess over what the body looks like or getting caught up in the idea that the body should match some perceived idea of what the mind is.

Sex is a thing of the body and by extension so is gender. There's not any real logical reason for a species to develop the concept of gender if they don't have a concept of physical sex or are only one sex. Gender is based on there being more than one sex and behaviors being ascribed to them. When you get down to it I don't believe a mind can be truly gendered since the mind is not the body though it can certainly think it is. Any concept of gender in anyone be it LGBT or Cis or any body dysphoric/dysmorphic disorder comes off as delusion to me. Why get hung up on behaviors that are expected of a given physical sex or inventing more delusion to add on top of the sex binary?

I view myself as genderless and don't care what my physical sex or body is as long as I can function at some level. If I woke tomorrow as woman, robot, alien, or whatever... it wouldn't bother me in the slightest beyond all the outside problems caused by interactions with others.

Last edited:

t-dugong

Beach bum, Esq.
I guess to some people the body is tied to one's sense of self and the means to interact with the world. So yeah, I don't know it but I imagine the feeling of something being wrong about your body can be distressing.

V4Guss

Author
I guess to some people the body is tied to one's sense of self and the means to interact with the world. So yeah, I don't know it but I imagine the feeling of something being wrong about your body can be distressing.
I've just found that there's something wrong about defining yourself by trying to match a societally reinforced behavior or defining yourself by what you do, how you interact, how you're perceived, by sex/gender, by racial/ethnic history. We are all ultimately not our bodies, but each a unique experience, mind, soul, or consciousness. Whatever one wants to call it. This body is a shell. It's this that matters. Being too obsessive about the body and the things it produces or is related to just seems unhealthy to me.

When you get down to it what would we be free of our physical bodies with all their urges and compulsions and the delusions and constructs we create because of them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 0)