What's new

Most controversial or unpopular political/economic/social opinions?

Senmut

Personally, I am opposed to Central Banks. A nation's banking and currency should not be in the hands of people who are not elected, unknown to the people, and usually face no penalty when they screw up.

IndyFront

Speaks in Calabi–Yau manifolds
Personally, I am opposed to Central Banks. A nation's banking and currency should not be in the hands of people who are not elected, unknown to the people, and usually face no penalty when they screw up.
That's not actually that rare of a sentiment. A lot of people hate bankers in general, and I'm sure that includes the big bankers as well.

Senmut

That's not actually that rare of a sentiment. A lot of people hate bankers in general, and I'm sure that includes the big bankers as well.
I don't dislike banks, as such. I am opposed to a private banking cartel being given power to both control interest rates/money supply, AND issue currency at the same time. But banking itself, no.

Ravan

Here’s one: any company moving their headquarters to a different country for tax purposes should be fined an amount equal to 50% of the company’s total assets. And any private citizen found to be using tax havens should be fined 100% of all moneys hidden there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)