What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mosque Shooting in New Zealand - Multiple confirmed casualties

This is starting to turn into the next 'Videogames causes violence!' except now its 'memes and shitposting causes violence!'
More like "It's ironic!" not being an excuse for being an irredeemable asshole and hurting people by posting some really shitty stuff, threats and the such. Oh, and should I remind you again of pizzagate? Or the many, many death/rape threats aimed at people trollers don't like?

You know what? That's not acceptable, ironic or not. If you think it is, then you have an issue.

This is starting to turn into the next 'Videogames causes violence!' except now its 'memes and shitposting causes violence!'
Except unlike that we have:
  1. The actual neo-nazis stating that memes and shitposting are their tactic for radicalizing people and getting useful idiots to defend them.
  2. An actual terrorist cell plastering those memes over the corpses of almost 50 people.

Sit down and shut the fuck up, Freeze Peach time is over.

Except unlike that we have:
  1. The actual neo-nazis stating that memes and shitposting are their tactic for radicalizing people and getting useful idiots to defend them.
  2. An actual terrorist cell plastering those memes over the corpses of almost 50 people.
Sit down and shut the fuck up, Freeze Peach time is over.
Why don't you go practice what you preach then aye?

And Rush Limbaugh is saying it's a false flag...

That there folks. Americans politics, idiots sprouting off shit for even bigger idiots.

Maybe @FriendlySignpainter can explain me what is the inherent value of a sub-culture that values making anonymous online threats and content designed to hurt people in order to make them react and laugh at the reaction? I just... well, I have trouble understanding the point outside sadism and being a fucker. So can you help me there?
Said behavior is usually baked in with 'meme-culture' (i.e meme shitposting for laughs and having a good time) so think of them like a giant asshole hyper minority much like you'd consider hooligans a giant asshole hyper minority within sports.
Its sad they exist but its just something we have to deal with.

Said behavior is usually baked in with 'meme-culture' (i.e meme shitposting for laughs and having a good time) so think of them like a giant asshole hyper minority much like you'd consider hooligans a giant asshole hyper minority within sports.
Its sad they exist but its just something we have to deal with.
... no, we don't. We can and do whack hooligans in the face when they fuck up and hurt other people. When your laughs and good time involve hurting other people, then these laughs and good time are a problem. If you think regular death/rape threats are "something to deal with", then I'll only agree with you if by "to deal with", you mean "throw the book at". Being a raging asshole who hurts people for the lulz isn't something the rest of us have to tolerate, thank you very much. Just like we don't have to tolerate people who hurt and kill others for their religion.

... no, we don't. We can and do whack hooligans in the face when they fuck up and hurt other people. When your laughs and good time involve hurting other people, then these laughs and good time are a problem. If you think regular death/rape threats are "something to deal with", then I'll only agree with you if by "to deal with", you mean "throw the book at".
Generally when someone breaks the law that is how you deal with them.

People deliberately going for as offensive and shocking nonsense as possible (offensive, shocking and nonsense being tuned to the public of choice, of course) in order to make them eagerly react in a strong way rather than participating in, say, a double or triple level conversation with acquaintances.
Like how you drove Indyfont away from this website and had him contemplating suicide?

Get some perspective man.

But hey, it's all just silly internet fun right? No way these people would ever actually go through with, it's all just off color harmless fun!

Fuckers
If you had banned them for more forums, spread more disgust about their memo-ray, did on the more and more in order to make sure we signal to everyone how much we are not losers like them they wouldn't have been able to do this expensive elaborate coordination in order to kill these people with guns in a foreign country?

Last edited:
Like how you drove Indyfont away from this website and had him contemplating suicide?

Get some perspective man.
Wait, how did I do that? Oh, right, by actually giving him good advice on how to NOT get killed by tough guy fantasies (read that one exchange again, by the way)? Clearly I'm out to hurt people for the lulz. I'm a horrible people for reminding a fellow poster that overestimating one's own martial capabilities against a hostile government operative supposedly trying to kidnap them is a good way to end up in a ditch and that he should run away and call the police instead if such an unlikely scenario happened.

Fucking try again.
Generally when someone breaks the law that is how you deal with them.
So you do agree that a sub-culture based on hurting people is not kosher?

I've seen people online treating this like it was a good thing; either victim blaming those who were killed or claiming the shooter said they were a communist in their manifesto.

49 people are dead. Their lives are over because someone thought they could make an example out of them.

I have to wonder how we got to the point where human lives became less important than what their lives represent. It doesn't matter if they were or weren't Muslim. They were people with loved ones and families, now robbed of whatever future they could have had.

What a joke our world is becoming.

If you get banned them for more forums spread bore discussed about their memory did on the more and more in order to make sure we signal to everyone how much we can dim them they wouldn't have been able to do this expensive coordination in order to kill these people with guns in a foreign country
Please try again in English.

I've seen people online treating this like it was a good thing; either victim blaming those who were killed or claiming the shooter said they were a communist in their manifesto.

49 people are dead. Their lives are over because someone thought they could make an example out of them.

I have to wonder how we got to the point where human lives became less important than what their lives represent. It doesn't matter if they were or weren't Muslim. They were people with loved ones and families, now robbed of whatever future they could have had.

What a joke our world is becoming.
A million has always been statistic. The simple fact of the matter is we don't care about victims we care about being victimized. So we want to either make sure we don't fall in the victim class or we punish the perpetrator and those who remind us of him

Good. Then what is exactly the sub-culture of trolling if not one that looks for shocking and messing with people for the cheap laugh?
There is a very big difference between taking the piss/having a laugh getting a rise out of people and actively trying to hurt others Rufus, I know that you know this.

No, but having a sub-culture that dehumanizes women and turn them into objects of gratification does encourage rape. Emphasis on sub-culture, AKA some pretty dark corners of the net and not the SJW's vision of everything that doesn't cater to them.
As opposed to a whole religion?
Yes I went there, do you have a problem with that?
I'm just saying that if you're going to pull a standart, pull no punches and make it count.You picking specific cases in a moral panic only serves to make it look like that,moral panic. Blaming memes or meme culture for his idiocy is blaming practically millions of others for what were his actions and decisions.

He took his gun and he killed them.If shitposting is responsible for him, then we should stop religions entirely to stop terrorism like Isis.We need to stop lifting because some tard went on a roid rage on some end of the planet.We need to cease breeding because it encourages rape.We need to end jokes because some bully makes jokes at a kid's expense.We need to stop society because it will encourage War.
You see where this dumb line of thought goes?

Anyway, sympathy to the victims and family, but in the grand scheme this panic won't lead to much.Chan related shootings happened,streamed shootings happened before too,in fact quite a lot of killings were streamed on facebook before and other sites and no one truly gave a shit after the first few week(s) of moral panic.
The guy is a failure for not even going after someone with a signifficant impact and instead went after 50 people who were easy pickings.Some retarded /pol/ dipshits are singing praises and this will only serve as ammo for anyone against their cause.A tragedy but so far outside my monkeysphere the only thing I can give is empty sympathies and platitudes as I only know them as victims of a shooting.

Give it a month at most and we'll be back to posting from anything to FB tier shit to talking shit about anything from Goat-fuckers to downs children to a celebrity's recent fuckup.Though I am having a laugh at the absolute failure of journalism going on right now, don't know why people put so much faith in them when they love getting news hot rather than accurate.

Another drop of water in the ocean of violent deaths.
And yet, the second is so often painted as the first, a harmless bit of joking. That doesn't make that many outsiders laugh.
And outsiders are irrelevant.

Outsiders have no business putting their nose into something they truly do not care about.In fact, when talking to your friends or associates why would you give two shits about some outsider who has no idea it's even happening? When I talk shit to my buddies I don't care what the Crown thinks of it and why should I? Hell the joke isn't even directed at whatever outsider is going to care.

As opposed to a whole religion?
Yes I went there, do you have a problem with that?
I'm just saying that if you're going to pull a standart, pull no punches and make it count.You picking specific cases in a moral panic only serves to make it look like that,moral panic. Blaming memes or meme culture for his idiocy is blaming practically millions of others for what were his actions and decisions.

He took his gun and he killed them.If shitposting is responsible for him, then we should stop religions entirely to stop terrorism like Isis.We need to stop lifting because some tard went on a roid rage on some end of the planet.We need to cease breeding because it encourages rape.We need to end jokes because some bully makes jokes at a kid's expense.We need to stop society because it will encourage War.
You see where this dumb line of thought goes?
Yep, you went there as I pretty much expected someone to do, activating my classical trap card: the ones doing the most to fight the islamists like ISIS are... the Muslims, actually. Who do you think has been on the ground, fighting and dying to eliminate these assholes? Who do you think make the bulk of the informers and sources for Western intel agencies? Who do you think has the most victims of islamist terrorism? Them. It's a fun thing to voluntarly ignore, but it shows only the problem in your reasoning.

So, yeah, there would be any modicum of equivalence if ISIS was considered by Muslims as "heh, something we just have to deal with". Which is not the case. They do acknowledge there are some rotten apples, and they act, rather than just saying "meh". Actually not supporting the troll culture as "just some fun and laughs" and questioning oneself would be nice.
And outsiders are irrelevant.

Outsiders have no business putting their nose into something they truly do not care about.In fact, when talking to your friends or associates why would you give two shits about some outsider who has no idea it's even happening? When I talk shit to my buddies I don't care what the Crown thinks of it and why should I? Hell the joke isn't even directed at whatever outsider is going to care.
When outsiders are getting death/rape threats? They become relevant. Deeply relevant. When they get harrassed for a quick laughed or doxxed? They become relevant.

Clearly I'm out to hurt people for the lulz.
Where's the lie?
You can't have your cake and eat it too. You are one of the biggest trolls on this website. I get that it's all in good fun for you & the spectators, isn't it Rufus? Regardless,I will defend your right to troll while at the same time holding you accountable for the language you use when addressing other human beings. Hold me accountable for when I do the same thing! Please!

And that's a side point I felt compelled to address that, honestly, I regret making. It was too combative. My real concern is I will not have you muddying the discussion by claiming the smokescreen tactics used by internet money gifters is mere 'trolling.' Trolling is human-to-human interaction. Headlines & news articles? Media narratives you hear on TV? Politically driven memes? That's propaganda, not trolling. And we have businesses that have made an art of selling propaganda to their audiences, because real news & real journalism doesn't make any money. Selling people a story, confirming their biases, telling them that THERE ARE PROBLEMS that need to be faced for the future of family and country? Just make donations here, support that candidate, brigade this person's inbox, etc. That's not trolling.

Back
Top Bottom