What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morbius

Uh I have lost count is this Morbius one of the countless Marvel heroes or just the 27462823th rehash of a vampire movie with a vaguely goth sounding title?

Well.

At least is still recognizable and not a treatise on human nature with a title plastered on top?

Not likely to hit the oscars but will probably not hit all the funs wtf butons like the Joker did :p

Uh I have lost count is this Morbius one of the countless Marvel heroes or just the 27462823th rehash of a vampire movie with a vaguely goth sounding title?
At least is still recognizable and not a treatise on human nature with a title plastered on top?

Not likely to hit the oscars but will probably not hit all the funs wtf butons like the Joker did :p
A Marvel antihero (sometimes hero/sometimes villain who only goes after "the bad guys"). But one that is included in the Sony properties and not Marvel Studios.

So they can claim that they are the studio that brought the Spider-Man MCU movies (under the watchful eye of Feige). but the part where they say that they brought us Venom is more accurate. If they play it like Venom it will do fine, but if they try to reach for emotional deepness and intellectual heights it will crash like... a bad Sony movie.

I am more worried that they showed Keaton, since this "it's all connected" bullshit that Sony has been trying to push for years could sour the MCU. They tried to set up a Sinister Six movie in ASM2, but to do so they once again overpacked the movie and killed the franchise until Marvel came along to rebuild, but now it looks like they might try it again. Just let the Sony movies live on their own!

Oh, and don't just play the opening bars of Für Elise in slo-mo over and over! Make your own soundtrack, you slackers!

Yeah...not that convinced with Jared Leto as the face of this project. Tom Hardy played Eddie Brock/Venom just right. Leto have a tendency to... I dunno, overact in superhero movies?

Movie is a fail if he does not repeat the famous line "I never drink... wine".

Sure, that is more of a Dracula thing, but Sony needs to commit to this universe.

I might be swayed by Morbius being the only one to hear and understand what a bat is saying. Especially if the bat calls him a pussy.

A Marvel antihero (sometimes hero/sometimes villain who only goes after "the bad guys"). But one that is included in the Sony properties and not Marvel Studios.

So they can claim that they are the studio that brought the Spider-Man MCU movies (under the watchful eye of Feige). but the part where they say that they brought us Venom is more accurate. If they play it like Venom it will do fine, but if they try to reach for emotional deepness and intellectual heights it will crash like... a bad Sony movie.

I am more worried that they showed Keaton, since this "it's all connected" bullshit that Sony has been trying to push for years could sour the MCU. They tried to set up a Sinister Six movie in ASM2, but to do so they once again overpacked the movie and killed the franchise until Marvel came along to rebuild, but now it looks like they might try it again. Just let the Sony movies live on their own!

Oh, and don't just play the opening bars of Für Elise in slo-mo over and over! Make your own soundtrack, you slackers!

I mean when the whole Sony Marvel shit happened a part of the deal was that Sony can use MCU property.

in fact Feige even said they could do Universe Crossovers.

Im not kidding.

This isn't something entirely of Sony's design the God king of the MCU has said "eh it could happen"

I mean when the whole Sony Marvel shit happened a part of the deal was that Sony can use MCU property.

in fact Feige even said they could do Universe Crossovers.

Im not kidding.

This isn't something entirely of Sony's design the God king of the MCU has said "eh it could happen"

He really wanted Spiderman then. Makes sense, Iron Man's gone, Cap's gone, Thor sidelined himself for now and some folks are not too hot on Danvers. Spidey's the only name left for casuals to flock over to.

(Nothing against Chadwick Boseman, but some people compare Black Panther against Batman and BP comes out second in that comparison).

He really wanted Spiderman then. Makes sense, Iron Man's gone, Cap's gone, Thor sidelined himself for now and some folks are not too hot on Danvers. Spidey's the only name left for casuals to flock over to.

(Nothing against Chadwick Boseman, but some people compare Black Panther against Batman and BP comes out second in that comparison).

Ah spiderman the only character who is in competition with Harry Potter for single most Slash shipped character.

On topic: yeah he really wanted spiderman he was willing to give sony spare keys to the MCU.

And looking at far from home and how its sort of a look to the future it makes sense.

I mean peter is set up as the new Tony Stark it makes sense he was desperate

Doesn't look like Jared Leto has that Tom Hardy humor. I know it is supposed to be more of a dark "tortured soul" movie, but I don't think it is going to do very well at the box office. Which makes all the delays in releasing this kind of worthless.

Then again, you need to put some sort of movie into the annual January death slot, so I guess it will be a fine sacrifice for that purpose.

Back
Top Bottom