What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magical Girl Quest

sneakykitten

Valley Girl
Author
Our protagonist:

Name: (Vote).
Appearance: A girl with white skin, brown hair and brown eyes. She is coming into her proportions as a young lady and may look a little on the pleasantly plump side. She brushes her hair meticulously and wears colorful clothes.
Personality: She is a carefree and happy go lucky girl. Concealing her mental illness and tears with laughter and giggles.
Powers: She can heal allies, cure their diseases if she knows how to treat them non-magically, and raise their spirits with her advice. Or make things that much worse.

Name Choices:

Kiki.
Suki.
Keisha.
Teresa.
Priscilla.
Kimberly.
Rachael.

And then a background choice:

• Raised by happy middle class parents she found herself not wanting for fam love yet did not often receive positive affections from her peers. Has dated around a lot to end her emotional suffering. She has a secret drinking problem. The girl discovered her powers trying to help someone she saw passed out in the street. She and the girl became friends and started living together in her apartment when she turned eighteen.
  • Raised in a poor household where they tried to keep their spirits up. She discovered her powers when she got an incurable disease and lived thru it for now. The disease threatens her life at any time. Her single mommy did her best to help her daughter get thru childhood, school, and her teen years are just ending as she goes off to the community college to learn how to do hair, makeup and First Aid.
  • Raised in a poor fam where nothing was happy. Her mommy and daddy hated each other yet fiercely loved her. They came together for her and raised her as best as they could. She discovered her powers when she finally chatted them to get back together after a long separation. When they couldn't stay in love they left and it broke her heart yet she moved on. Doing a questionable job under the tables to make monies for her tiny studio apartment.

Her mental illness is undecided right meow. Yet no, The Joker is a male char. Maybe Harley Quinn. I wouldn't try to compare her to comic books tho 'cause I don't read them. This is an original story to the best of my writing skills.

Kimberly.
  • Raised in a poor fam where nothing was happy. Her mommy and daddy hated each other yet fiercely loved her. They came together for her and raised her as best as they could. She discovered her powers when she finally chatted them to get back together after a long separation. When they couldn't stay in love they left and it broke her heart yet she moved on. Doing a questionable job under the tables to make monies for her tiny studio apartment.

My vote.

Let's see where this goes...

Closing the vote today one day early.

Name is Kimberly and background is struggling parents, illegal job story line.

Kimberly is very scared about her adulthood. Living on her own is tough and she doesn't always make the right choices. She's been in counseling a few times when her parents could scrounge together the monies yet never stuck with it because she was afraid... now she's got a job dating friendly strangers, no sex, just dates. She lives in a tiny studio apartment where she feels it's very homey and entertains various guests all day long. Like one time a friend came over totally drunk and wanna chat about his fabulous love life. One time a friend want some therapy about their hangups. One time a friend want her kisses and love... and all those experiences were fun and funny who knew?

Kim is in constant fear of the police. She's losing weight because of her inability to find food on a daily basis. She has no real friends she can trust. And then one day she remembers: She's got her powers. What should she do with her powers?

• Fight crime of course! ^_^
  • Go to work somehow employing her powers (For example helping care for sick peoples, being a mediator, or a write in suggestion).
  • Continue with her current lifestyle.

Fighting crime may be difficult because her powers are all about healing. She'd have to like find a partner for that.
Going to work employing her powers would get her out of her current bad situation yet she'd have to keep things secret from her co-workers if she don't wanna scare them.
Continuing with her current lifestyle while using her powers may be self destructive yet she does have fun on occasion so why not watch her world burn? Ah ha. ^_^

• Go to work somehow employing her powers (For example helping care for sick peoples, being a mediator, or a write in suggestion).
Going to work employing her powers would get her out of her current bad situation yet she'd have to keep things secret from her co-workers if she don't wanna scare them.

When you are losing weight because you can't find food, you need to focus on self care first. And since her powers get better the more she knows about medicine and disease, moving into that area is a good way to level grind safely and money while improving the world. For example, she pretends to be a new age healer she can get away with a lot, since she's not doing anything illegal, has a ready customer base, and no-one would believe her enough to be afraid.

When you are losing weight because you can't find food, you need to focus on self care first. And since her powers get better the more she knows about medicine and disease, moving into that area is a good way to level grind safely and money while improving the world. For example, she pretends to be a new age healer she can get away with a lot, since she's not doing anything illegal, has a ready customer base, and no-one would believe her enough to be afraid.
Ooh I like the new age healer thing. She could sell actual crystal water that heals, use her power to give like massages or something, learn a bit about plants and offer herbal remedies that heal ppls. I would like to go with this one yet we'll see about votes in about a week.

Fight crime. Team up with a punisher or ghost rider expy.
Yes! Someone with the ability to interrogate villains or make them experience their past crimes would work well with this char. I can dream up various silly scenarios for Kim to get into with this option. We'll see in about a week.

Kim is v-very happy that ppls are voting still. ^_^ She'll end up in more teenage Magical Girl adventures soon enough.

Okay we only got two votes. I'm going to request either someone else votes or I'll decide for myself?

Anyway my basic idea for either options were: Kim decides to be a new age healer. She starts reading about plants where she lives that have medicinal qualities. She starts reading about and practicing massages... which is kinda awkward for her because she can't really practice on herself. So she asks various peoples she knows if she can give them a massage when they say they have pains or whatevs? She keeps on noticing more and more peoples that are troubled and in pain so she stays up as late as she can chatting with them. Her advice doesn't mind control them necessarily (Unless we wanna have that?) yet she sometimes ends up in awkward situations w/clients who have certain issues.

Next is the choice to fight crime? Kim gets super desperate and starts reading the news and becomes deeply depressed and concerned about crimes in the world. She asks around online if anyone's heard of a particular one involving a troubled homeless girl committing crimes around town? A 'Punisher'-type girl answers her posts, saying vaguely that she feels responsible for helping this girl and that she and Kim should meet to discuss how. She meets this lady at an empty park late at night and her new partner reveals that she has powers too: Powers that cause criminals to perceive how they are harming others, which combined with some therapy from Kim may make her realize that she can change her life?

And after the troubled kid stops causing trouble around the city feeling like she helped someone Kim searches for more news stories while her partner prepares herself to continue to help around the city with crimes, feeling like she is personally responsible for keeping the city safe.

Last edited:
[X]Name: Pratima
[x]Raised by happy middle class parents she found herself not wanting for fam love yet did not often receive positive affections from her peers. Has dated around a lot to end her emotional suffering. She has a secret drinking problem. The girl discovered her powers trying to help someone she saw passed out in the street. She and the girl became friends and started living together in her apartment when she turned eighteen.

What is 'Pratima?' I've never heard that girls' name before.

And this storyline could be interesting. I see it going like:

Pratima grew up in a fam that did work at home jobs. They made quite a bit of money and Pratima was 'spoiled' with awesome, cute clothes to show off her body, the best makeups and hair products, and accessories. Even cosplay outfits. She had professionals like counselors in her life to help her with her issues of impulsive, risky behaviors on dates. Like, her dates tempt her to drink and she does, they tempt her to give in to their requests for makeout sessions and sex on the first date and she does. Pratima finds her view of herself as an innocent girl and a sexually active teen conflicting. When she moves out of her parents' home she has carried the habit of binge drinking with her from parties, or to alleviate extreme anxiety from being forced into some unwanted sexual encounters or to relieve physical pain from injuries she has.

One of which was a broken finger. She broke her finger when she tried to punch a man who was assaulting her to keep him away from her. Pratima doesn't like to fight tho like she enjoys helping other people. It was helping other people that made her feel like she was needed since in her fam, like, her parents were often busy at their jobs and tho they love her they simply don't have enough time to be there as much as she needs.

Pratima developed a reputation around town for being a socialite. She just had to meet everybody in the neighborhood and would go out of her way to make a good first impression with fancy clothes or hair dye jobs or hairstyles. She doesn't eat much anymore and exists off of wine and cigarettes instead, tho her goody-goody schoolgirl upbringing causes her to hide her drinking, ashame of herself.

One day while she's walking with a friend they see a homeless girl passed out in the steets. She seems to be alive. They don't wanna move her so Pratima calls the hospital and they take her there first, tho she seems quite out of it and terrified and begs Pratima to take her home instead. Pratima takes her back to her apartment and the two slowly get to know each other. It turns out this woman has a power too: She's invulnerable to tons of 'conventional ways to hurt somebody' and was sad about her life so much. She felt like a freak who would never die and just keep living while everybody dies around her?

Pratima tells her that she doesn't need to be a perfect angel to be a good girl. She was homeless and possibly addicted, it wasn't her fault, it was the faults of the peoples who put her out as a teen for being a lesbian. And Pratima promises to support this girl, whose name is Katelyn.

Pratima is a Hindi name, it means 'mirror'. I often use it for my own characters because I like the mystical feel of it. Sounds like a good story you've got there. I like the idea of her having such an inseparable friend.

Pratima is a Hindi name, it means 'mirror'. I often use it for my own characters because I like the mystical feel of it. Sounds like a good story you've got there. I like the idea of her having such an inseparable friend.
Thank You! wooow, that's a cool name with a pretty meaning. mystical chars rock, something about that esoteric knowledge something. <3 i may write more later. ^-^

[x]Go to work somehow employing her powers (For example helping care for sick peoples, being a mediator, or a write in suggestion).
Pratima goes thru a period of depression and unrealization when she develops her powers by practicing healing sick or injured stray animals. She starts to feel like life and death are confusing and she wanna save peoples from death.

She hides out in her room for weeks writing in her diary. She writes that she feels like these powers curse her while helping her at the same time. Why was she chosen to heal peoples? What should she do with that? She doesn't bathe and depression starves herself. She feels like these powers are putting a lot of responsibility on her. So what does she do?

She starts going out on the streets. Not with anything really on her mind. Pratima meets several peoples while on her nightly walks.

She meets a lonely girl who suffers from unexplain physical pains. They don't talk about this at first tho Pratima can tell by her rigid posture that she got problems. So she asks her if she needs some help?

This girl is very afraid of being touched so she declines the help at first. Pratima don't push and they part ways. Then she meets another girl who using drugs. This girl was in an alleyway by herself, crying and injecting herself with a needle.

"What's going on? Are you okay?" Pratima asks her.

"No, not okay. Everything's a mess... my parents kicked me out the house." She doesn't explain more. Pratima offers some advice:

"If you need a place to stay, you can like come to my place and crash? Being away from the streets and in a warm house would be nice, right?" She's not sure that any help she offers would be accepted and as she looks sadly at this girl she pulls her knees up and wraps her arms around them, resting her head on her legs.

"Is this like your job or something? Saving trouble street girls?" The girl looks up at her out of the corners of her vision.

"Yes, you could say... that? Um, don't wanna push you into--" She is nervously flicking her long fingernails against each other.

"Don't worry. It sounds like a good offer and like, would be happy to come to your place... no guarantees on quitting tho." She giggles uneasily.

Pratima offers her hand and the girl softly takes it and stands up. They walk back together to her home. While they passing guys on the streets give them weird looks. They whisper to each other about how these girls love each other. That's the only reason two teen girls would be walking hand in hand, right? Pratima ignores the gossip tho it makes her feel guilty. She was raise in a household where girls only date boys. Her parents told her all her life that being a lesbian was against God's rules. And they had just met anyway, so both of them ignore the stares and nasty words these guys call to them as they pass.

When they get back to the house Pratima asks,

"Are you cold?" She is walking to the kitchen to fetch some water, 'cause the girl say she very thirsty.

She hands her the cup and the girl's hands are shaking as she drinks down almost the entire thing. She starts panting a little, 'cause she kinda swallows the water wrong way. She was ravenous after all that. Pratima asks what can she do to help? And the girl tells her that she would like a peanut butter sandwich, another glass of water and then she gonna go to bed. Pratima walks back to the kitchen and makes the sandwich and the cup of water. While she's making it she wonders how her powers even help other peoples? She couldn't heal the other problems that cause girls to use IV drugs alone on the streets.

She walks back into the room carrying the plate and cup and sets them down after the girl tells her she would like them on the table by the bed.

"Are you gonna be okay?" Pratima is breathing kinda shallowly, and her heart is racing.

"Maybe tomorrow? Is it okay for me to be here?" She has tears in her eyes and her lower lip is trembling.

Pratima nods without saying anything.

"Can you make the bed and get me a blanket please? Maybe two?" The girl's voice is weak and small and she's obviously very scared of something.

"What's wrong?" Pratima asks while she goes inside the closet and fetches a purple blanket with stars on it. She sets the blanket down on the floor and starts making the bed, smoothing out the bed covers onto each corner and then fluffing the pillows and setting them where the girl tells her to.

"There's somebody following me." She is shaking and hyperventilating, with her head hanging, tilted at her legs.

Pratima's breath catches and she touches her heart. Who was stalking this poor girl?

What should Pratima say?

[] "Do you wanna talk about it?"

[] "Maybe we should worry about getting you more stable first?"

[] "What was your life like before all this?"

"Do you wanna talk about it? Are they violent?" Pratima asks softly, her voice shaky. She sits down on the floor and looks up at this girl. The girl is breaking up and starting to cry again.

"Yes...." She hides her face in her hands. Pratima asks if she need comfort? And the girl says yes so Pratima stands up and starts rubbing her shoulders.

The girl relaxes and closes her eyes. She sighs a little and then continues:

"They were following her around with baseball bats. They were gonna bring all their friends to hit her until she was in the hospital." The girl is shaking all over and shivery. She starts crying again. Pratima has no words so she continues to rub her shoulders.

She feels that this girl is in a very bad situation. She wonders how healing powers or advice would help against violent thugs who wanna kill somebody? She sighs then rubs her shoulders a little more before the girl tells her it okay.

Pratima stands up and puts her hands on her hips.

"Who are they? Do you know?" She is touching her lower lip softly, not caring that she smudges her lip gloss.

The girl retreats into herself and hugs her knees again. Pratima sighs sadly and then leaves the room and the girl goes to sleep. Pratima finds it extremely difficult to sleep when there are chores to do. So she goes around her parents' house and cleans up the floors with a broom and dustpan, kneeling down a little to sweep all the dust into a neat pile and then into the dustpan. She cleans dishes, washing them with a little bit of dish soap, the smells offend her nose and make her nauseous. Pratima hated eating if she were honest, after being in a hospital where skipping one meal meant endless 'criticism' and threats about her Mommy or being force fed, eating anything or drinking anything except wine or black coffee make her feel ashame and wrong.

While she cleans she wonders how to help her friend?

[] Try to find out about the stalkers and confront them.
[] Tell the girl, "It's okay. You safe here and we don't need to find out why they stalking you. Please just stay as long as you wanna."
[] Ask the girl what she would like Pratima to do for her?

Last edited:
[X] Ask the girl what she would like Pratima to do for her?

Corrections:
"Yes...." She hides her face in her hands. Pratima asks if she needs comfort? And the girl says yes so Pratima stands up and starts rubbing her shoulders.

"They were following her around with baseball bats. They were gonna bring all their friends to hit her until she was in the hospital." The girl is shaking all over and shivery. She starts crying again. Pratima has no words so she continues to rub her shoulders.

Gonna post a update after waiting 'til tomorrow.

Here's a sample:
Pratima finishes cleaning and walks upstairs to her bedroom. She tosses and turns all night wondering how to help this girl? She feels like not knowing who was stalking her or how 'well' they may be prepare to hurt her made helping exactly difficult. The girl felt so worried and sick that she drank three glasses of wine instead of two to settle her tummy. It actually help for a bit, then she kinda passes out in a whirl of feelings. Next morning she gets up and goes back downstairs after making some coffee for her parents in the french press. The girl tosses her head a little once to get her hair out her face and then brings her parents the coffee.

"Um, Pratima dear, did you realize that we got another guest?" Pratima's Mommy asks her. Her Mommy was always perfectly made up, with perfect black hair left falling freely, and parted on one side, and perfect makeup when she did it which was usually sparingly. She wore a metal necklace, which was like three interlocking rings, a gift she got once from an old flame.

Pratima looks down at the floor and kinda scrapes her toes in a circle anxiously, starting to pick at the skin above her wrist.

"Please stop. Can we talk about this?" Pratima's Daddy gets up and looks at her worriedly. Pratima nods and says:

"Is it okay if she stays a while? She's really desperate and...." Pratima's Mommy cuts her off.

"She can stay for now. We just don't know if she's going to get in trouble again? Please go talk to your friend and try to help her fix this, okay?" Pratima's Mommy bends over slightly to kiss her on the top of her head.

Pratima giggles and kinda twists her long braided hair in her fingers a moment, then goes off quickly to talk to her friend.

"What would you like me to do for you?" Pratima says as she comes in the room after knocking, the girl said it was okay.

"Just... try to protect me from these guys, okay? They seem to know me everywhere, no matter wh-where..." She sniffles and rubs the corners of her eyes. She's got scars all over her arms, some on her face. Her little gray jacket looks very dirty, she's wearing tiny shorts and her shoes are busted.

"My parents say you can't stay forever, sorry. Umm, yet it feels possible to help you. Would you like to take a shower?" Pratima looks back thru the doorway towards the hallway leading to the bathroom.

"Yes." The girl nods and, covering as much of her scars as she can, goes to take a shower.

Pratima braid her hair in her bedroom mirror while she waits. The girl came back out, looking a little better, tho sad.

"What's wrong?" Pratima asks, wringing her wrists.

"So... how do we get these guys to quit? Can't sleep, because they follow me." The girl paced and cried a little.

"Would you like to go to the police?" Pratima sat down on the floor.

The girl agrees cautiously. They go to the police station. The cops seem suspicious of the girl, tho they pass them by. Pratima is worrying and they reach somebody to tell.

"Who's following you?" The officer asks.

"Don't know their names-" she was interrupted.

"Physical description on any of 'em?" The officer is looking a bit bored.

Pratima quietly whispers, that she has her friends back.

"A white male... um, s-slim. 20s.... Wears a hoodie and black jeans." The girl pick at her scar a little.

The officer has her fill out a report, then on the way home, they meet a smiling girl in pigtails who has her hands behind her back. Pratima sees the girl come uncomfortably close.

[]Ask the girl to back off, employing her powers?
[]wait to see what happens.
[]pretend the girl need protection, try to get her away from this person.
[]make up a reason to redirect attention, like play a sound on her phone, drop something, ask a question

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom