What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lindsay "elections have consequences" Graham

ScreenXSurfer

Ain't no bitch who can do it like me
https://thinkprogress.org/lindsey-g...oter-turnout-is-a-core-gop-goal-9737e804bf27/
Lindsey Graham just accidentally admitted that suppressing black voter turnout is a core GOP goal
"Elections have consequences," the Senate Judiciary Committee chairman said.

Graham pointed to the NAACP's legislator scorecards. Why, he demanded to know, do the Democrats on the panel get high marks while no Republican can do better than the 22 percent rating the group recently gave Graham? Doesn't that dichotomy prove the NAACP is ideologically blinkered, beholden to the center-left, and opposed to the political right based primarily on party labels rather than policy specifics?

"I don't know how we got here…and I certainly don't know how to close this gap," Graham said after laying out the group's numbers. "Maybe the problem's all on our side. I don't think so. I think the agenda that you're pursuing, in the eyes of conservatives, is not as good for the country as you think it is."

After Johnson tried to explain how the group compiles ratings, NUL's Morial jumped in — and quickly brought the senator back to Earth. Former Attorney General Jeff Sessions had wielded his power to thwart non-white voters from accessing the franchise, Morial reminded Graham.

"In two instances, Attorney General [Jeff] Sessions in his first days and months in office had the Justice Department change sides in the middle of an important civil rights case," Morial said, referring to the Trump administration's abandonment of challenges to a voter purge in Ohio and a Texas voter ID law that treats conceal-carry gun permits as valid, but rejects ID cards from a government job or public college. If you think people whose votes were systematically repressed by the white establishment for decades after they were freed from slavery at gunpoint should like Republicans more, Morial was saying, perhaps you should look at what Republicans actually do with power when it's given to them.

In his scramble to regain the momentum in the exchange, Graham accidentally gave the game away.

"Elections have consequences," the senator interjected — perhaps not realizing he'd just answered his own earlier bewilderment at how poorly Republicans are viewed by the people they move to harm when they win.

What a cretin.

Lol reminds me spelling Beiber's first name with an "e" on the end. XD

Back
Top Bottom