What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Liberal---Why are you?

'Cause it's both ethically better than the alternatives, and it works. Yea, there's helping people and all, treating disadvantaged people fairly, less pollution, yadda yadda, but then on the other hand there's more jobs, more stability, more growth, more, well, long-term thinking that pays off in material ways.

If I was entirely pragmatic without empathy, I'd still be on the left. If I was entirely based on empathy without pragmatism, I'd be on the left. Either way, the decision seems clear.
Are you sure about that? Because it might not work in america

'Cause it's both ethically better than the alternatives, and it works
well, aside from slowly collapsing the country and allowing it to be plundered freely by a wealthy elite, eventually becoming so weak it loses to Donald Trump

other than that, liberalism is great, praise the Center!

well, aside from slowly collapsing the country and allowing it to be plundered freely by a wealthy elite, eventually becoming so weak it loses to Donald Trump

other than that, liberalism is great, praise the Center!
To be fair, 4chan and the internet in genereal had a hand in trumps victory.

So, you have no reasoning to explain. Okay.
Maybe I can help explain.

Trump and the current crop of the right stay politically relevant by old white folks who are very nervous about the inevitable changes going on in the United States. It's becoming less white, more non-Christians are coming in, and the rural areas are becoming no longer economically needed in society meaning that their family or at least the younger generation have to move to the ever changing cities and suburbs. Because of these changes, they rebeled and that doesn't sit right with the American youth.

The left now looks popular in the eyes of the youth because it counters older generations' political agenda.

Does this help?

Last edited:
Maybe I can help explain.

Trump and the current crop of the right stay politically relevant by old white folks who are very nervous about the inevitable changes going on in the United States. It's becoming less white, more non-Christians are coming in, and the rural areas are becoming no longer economically needed in society meaning that their family or at least the younger generation have to move to the ever changing cities and suburbs. Because these changes, they rebeled and that doesn't sit right with the American youth.

The left now looks popular in the eyes of the youth because it counters older generations' political agenda.

Does this help?
Actually i have seen teens lean a bit more right.(or that could just be them all trolling)

Actually i have seen teens lean a bit more right.(or that could just be them all trolling)

Honestly the only study I've seen suggesting that defined being conservative as "Wanting to have a house" which is

Not a very good judge of political opinion (Especially since home ownership is getting hard for the younger generations, it might even be a better indicator of left leaning views)

Back
Top Bottom