What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Liberal Megathread

What a bunch of complete and utter fucking bullshit.

WaPo's 'Democracy Dies in Darkness' isn't a slogan, its a fucking threat. These people are not only malignant narcissists, they're fucking morons. Seriously? You're juist going to fucking ignore all the good parts of the past 8 years before 2016, pretend they never happened, and go ALL-IN 100% on the Orange Fuck-Faced Baboon-Brained Buffoon-in-chief. The oversized child who can't even spell COFFEE. The fuckhead who got 9/11 confused with A FUCKING GAS-STATION. The fuckhead who openly called for election meddling and an attack on democracy ITSELF. The fuckhead who kicks and screams and bitches like a fucking toddler when he doesn't get his way and SHUTS DOWN THE GOVERNMENT CAUSING MILLIONS OF WORKERS TO GO WITHOUT PAY FOR FUCKING MONTHS, includoing AIR-FUCK-TRAFFIC-FUCK-CONTROLLERS. Not to mention losing out big time and getting played by Kim Jong-Un, DICTATOR of NORTH FUCK KOREA, as well as Putin, Saudi monarchs, and others. Deliberately putting national security at risk for his pay-for-play money-schemes involving global elites staying at his gigantic, phallic hotels with the bright, illuminated and golden lettering, "T-R-U-M-P" spelled on them. I could go on, but... yeah, I guess we'll just ignore the fact that Obama had to not only stave off the Clinton machine, but deal with the fallout of 8 disastrous years of BUSH II, as well as the constant tug-o-war between the foolishness of his VP and SoS. Trump should not get credit for Obama turning the country around despite all the bullshit he had to endure, there are plenty of things I disagree with him on foreign-policywise but - compared to TRUMP?

ARE
YOU
FUCK
ING
SHIT

TING
ME
Obama and the Democrats kept the Bush Tax Cuts going, finished the process of ensuring the Wall Street Bastards suffered no consequences, only half way pulled out of Iraq, and set even more of the Middle East/North Africa on fire by creating an environment for jihadis to thrive in and ignoring our allies supplying and sheltering the worst of the worst.

What fucking world are you living in that Obama and the Democrats actually did anything they said they would do? Even Healthcare is another dumpster fire. They could have and should have nuked the filibuster. They didnt. The Democrats an Obama had their chance to begin undoing the damage. They refused. Their priorities were foreign policy(setting wanton rape, murder and mayhem lose in the middle east and mexico)and winning some brownie points that they would have won anyways. Oh and smuggling more weapons to Mexican cartels and cutting the heads off of cartels, destabilizing the cartel system again.

The Democrats clearly and obviously did not care and do not prioritize national infrastructure, noninterventionist foreign policy, making the rich pay their fucking taxes, or any of the other shit. They cared about earning some goodboi points with LGBT rights, which they had in the bag anyways, and wombling on about muh guns r bad. Those two issues mean that they never had to address anything, at all, ever.

You have no more justification for party loyalty than "Conservative" Republicans do.

Over a dozen investigations into Hillary Clinton and all they could find was some email misuse, she's arguably one of if not the least corrupt person in Washington.
Shes too connected. And the FBI covered it up. FFS, Anthony took a picture of himself and a baby with his dick exposed, uploaded it, and he still isnt in jail. Oh and yeah. Qaddafi.

Ah, I see we're using the definition of corruption that means "Anything I don't like".
I'm using the word "corrupt" it in its original sense of "behaving immorally." It's you who seem to be using it only in the narrow way that suits you.

But looking at Trumpie, who was connected with several people who have been convicted of crimes, is a witch hunt. Supposedly. Buttery males.
Nice whataboutism. If you need to point to Trump to defend HRC, then it's better not defending her. You could defend the "honor" of 95% of Washington's worst by saying "but Trump is worse" so it doesn't mean anything.

Over a dozen investigations into Hillary Clinton and all they could find was some email misuse, she's arguably one of if not the least corrupt person in Washington.
I most certainly would not go that far.

I most certainly would not go that far.
I might. It's a pretty low bar. In 2015 they put up a statue of a mayor best known for smoking crack.

It's a pretty low bar.
Well... when you put it that way it makes sense in that context.

I just have an issue with anyone who thinks their favorite politician is an innocent widdle angel who is the victim a vast conspiracy (or anyone who believes in vast conspiracies really, Occam's Razor is a thing after all). Its one of the things that turned me off of Bernie Sanders is when his most hardcore supporters act like he's the Second Coming or some lunacy (when there are actually countless flaws with how "progressive" he portrays himself as to appeal to young voters).

Nice whataboutism. If you need to point to Trump to defend HRC, then it's better not defending her. You could defend the "honor" of 95% of Washington's worst by saying "but Trump is worse" so it doesn't mean anything.
It's not whataboutism. It is pointing out hypocrisy.

Trumpie is obviously corrupt. But he is Republican, and therefore above the law, so any reasonable action is labeled a political witch hunt.

Hillary was investigated repeatedly. Republicans even admitted on camera that it was a political tactic to hobble her future election potential. Nothing of note was ever found in all of those investigations. Republicans and people like yourself just assume that there must be some secret bad that hasn't been found yet, so the investigations must flow.

Your own example of "corruption" was a lame joke spoken at an interview. Such badness, must investigate and stuff.

It's not whataboutism. It is pointing out hypocrisy.

Trumpie is obviously corrupt. But he is Republican, and therefore above the law, so any reasonable action is labeled a political witch hunt.

Hillary was investigated repeatedly. Republicans even admitted on camera that it was a political tactic to hobble her future election potential. Nothing of note was ever found in all of those investigations. Republicans and people like yourself just assume that there must be some secret bad that hasn't been found yet, so the investigations must flow.

Your own example of "corruption" was a lame joke spoken at an interview. Such badness, must investigate and stuff.
People like myself? Aren't you mixing me up with somebody, or boxing me together with Trump fans because I don't like HRC? And when have I ever called for having her investigated? Get real, I don't care about that at all. I don't like her because she's arrogant and what you call "lame joke" is actually beyond disgusting for me. And I have never said that Trump is not corrupt. I can dislike them both (and I do). Are you the "you're either with us or against us" type or what?

Darn it...*offers popcorn to @Wakko* might as well help me finish the whole bag.
*takes a handful of popcorn* well thank you. I should start arguing here more often... :)

Forget it, I won't waste my time arguing about nothing.
Its not nothing though, you have every right to dislike arrogant elites. It is a perfectly sane and rational dislike to have.

Its not nothing though, you have every right to dislike arrogant elites. It is a perfectly sane and rational dislike to have.
Thank you. I'd even say that in a democracy it's a necessary dislike, since we demos are (supposed to be) the watchers...
By nothing I meant that it's not really pertinent to the topic of the thread. We could argue about HRC and Trump and Mueller in every thread that touches US political life, and we wouldn't get any real discussing done :)

Back
Top Bottom