What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets Talk About Our Lives

Reactions: EiC
Damn duck libreal SB mods...
One day little crocodile, the mods will just toss ya into the pit of vore for Tyranid15 to devour to his utmost delight.
Of course, currently, no mod is that mad enough

@Salbazier, y'know, driving through some sections of Jakarta, I need to remind you of something.

Certain parts of the city can feel a bit... hmmm how do I put it, Imperial.

As in, Jakarta can look like the capital of a sprawling Indonesian Empire with an Australian Vassal State to it's south and the Philippine Vassal State to the North, with colonies as far flung as Sri Lanka and Madagascar kinda feel.

I'll be honest, some of the Ministry buildings look very, very harsh, with huge, blocky signs saying 'Ministry of Trade' or 'Army Strategic Command' in the front lawn, huge barbed wire tipped walls or Iron Fences, and super 'brutal' architecture. I can't find the word for it, so here's some images.
Markas-TNI.jpeg

Indonesian Army Strategic Command Building

157763_620.jpg

Ministry of Trade Building

GedungKemenkeu.jpg

Ministry of Finance Building, just look at that Emblem!!

BN-MQ909_0218in_P_20160218032150.jpg

Bank Indonesia building.

And many, many more examples of Government buildings really exuding a super Imperialist Aura around it, really, some of the areas of Jakarta looked like they belonged less to a Democratically Elected Government and more of a powerful empire (with an Emperor) wanting to show it's citizens just how much of an 'empire' it can feel in the capital city.

Eh, Don't feel like it to me. Like, I don't know what's wrong with putting emblem on the side of building?

Usages of barbed wire can give oppressive feeling, I grant you. Not tipped iron fence though. The later is standard fence architecture. Everyone use it. Heck IIRC one of my previous home use fence with sharp tips.

It also don't look that brutal to me. Like yea, it's blocky concrete buildings, so it still kinda count as brutalist architecture. At the same time, I've seen pictures of brutal buildings before, and these look softer compared.

Certainly Indonesia rich & powerful have tendency to like to show off and bombast, but I think interpreting that building style as imperial monarchy delusion is overt.

Eh, Don't feel like it to me. Like, I don't know what's wrong with putting emblem on the side of building?

Usages of barbed wire can give oppressive feeling, I grant you. Not tipped iron fence though. The later is standard fence architecture. Everyone use it. Heck IIRC one of my previous home use fence with sharp tips.

It also don't look that brutal to me. Like yea, it's blocky concrete buildings, so it still kinda count as brutalist architecture. At the same time, I've seen pictures of brutal buildings before, and these look softer compared.

Certainly Indonesia rich & powerful have tendency to like to show off and bombast, but I think interpreting that building style as imperial monarchy delusion is overt.

The pictures don't give it justice, you really need to be in front of the buildings themselves to just understand how grand and oppressive some of those buildings feel.

Also, those buildings are decades old. They don't look like the sleek glass skyscrapers now littering the city, which gives an even greater contrast for me. The only exception to this is the ministry of trade building which looked like it just got a renovation recently.

Also, for the fences, while true, you combine that with the some of the ministry buildings and it adds more oomph to it.

MuhammadiyahHQ.jpg

Muhammadiyah Declaration Building, ISLAMIC OPPRESSIVE EMPIRE LET'S GO!!

Fun fact: The Muhammadiyah building is right next to a Christian School.

Kostrad_Headquarters_Jakarta.jpg

Kostrad Building

kedutaan%2Bjepang%2Bdi%2Bjakarta.jpg

Japanese Embassy Building. IDK why Japan would choose a building like THAT for it's embassy, even the US embassy that I've been to looks much, MUCH softer to the Japanese Embassy building, and I've been to the US embassy and the damn thing has barbed wired fences and solid concrete walls!!

Gedung_Mahkamah_Agung_RI.JPG

Supreme Court Building

Last edited:
Also, those buildings are decades old. They don't look like the sleek glass skyscrapers now littering the city, which gives an even greater contrast for me.
Well now that's really not the fault of the building makers isn't.
Muhammadiyah Declaration Building, ISLAMIC OPPRESSIVE EMPIRE LET'S GO!!
Naah. It even look pleasingly elegant to me, if a bit blocky.
Fun fact: The Muhammadiyah building is right next to a Christian School.
I've seen some of church and mosque next to each other too. Nice thing to see.
Kostrad Building
Now, this could be. But that's the army building. Of course they are supposed to emanate uh certain aura.
Japanese Embassy Building. IDK why Japan would choose a building like THAT for it's embassy, even the US embassy that I've been to looks much, MUCH softer to the Japanese Embassy building, and I've been to the US embassy and the damn thing has barbed wired fences and solid concrete walls!!
Now, that's I grant you. That's look more like prison building lol.

Supreme Court Building
Seems normal enough to me.

Well now that's really not the fault of the building makers isn't.

Naah. It even look pleasingly elegant to me, if a bit blocky.

I've seen some of church and mosque next to each other too. Nice thing to see.

Now, this could be. But that's the army building. Of course they are supposed to emanate uh certain aura.

Now, that's I grant you. That's look more like prison building lol.

Seems normal enough to me.
Those all look pretty standard.

Nah, I disagree, the heavy concrete presence gives a bit of a heavy feeling for all the government and clerical buildings I see. It's not like the US government buildings with big domes and buildings like Capitol Hill/ the White House featuring a lot of white colours. For Muhammadiyah, it's the calligraphy with the 'sun' spreading around it that gives me that feeling, and complete that with lots of bland looking concrete, for Kostrad, it's obvious, if the emblem and IFV in the front isn't enough indication, and for the Supreme Court, It's a combo of the pillars and the short tower with not a lot of glasses that literally emanates POWER for me.

But, I guess you need to see it for yourself. Because that's what I feel when I pass through some of those buildings.

Nah, I disagree, the heavy concrete presence gives a bit of a heavy feeling for all the government and clerical buildings I see. It's not like the US government buildings with big domes and buildings like Capitol Hill/ the White House featuring a lot of white colours. For Muhammadiyah, it's the calligraphy with the 'sun' spreading around it that gives me that feeling, and complete that with lots of bland looking concrete, for Kostrad, it's obvious, if the emblem and IFV in the front isn't enough indication, and for the Supreme Court, It's a combo of the pillars and the short tower with not a lot of glasses that literally emanates POWER for me.

But, I guess you need to see it for yourself. Because that's what I feel when I pass through some of those buildings.

latest

CIA headquaters

161206_DOD_0.jpg

DOD

DOE_snow.png

Ya, really not seeing much difference.

latest

CIA headquaters

161206_DOD_0.jpg

DOD

DOE_snow.png

Ya, really not seeing much difference.

I would've counted them as part of the OPPRESSION if not for the wide lawn spaces and tons of greenery all across the building. Jakarta has none of that, only asphalt roads in the front, and other concrete buildings in the sides, not even parking space to separate them like the Pentagon.

Also, IMO, the CIA HQ looks like the Mansion for someone like President Snow. Just add the emblem of an eagle or some type of bird type crest in the front entrance and you're golden.
hq-cia-langley.jpg

Also, IMO, the CIA HQ looks like the Mansion for someone like President Snow. Just add the emblem of an eagle or some type of bird type crest in the front entrance and you're golden.
Looks like normal office building to me.

If you tell me that's a picture of a hospital or a university I would buy it.

I would expect mansion for someone for President Snow-alikes to be more decadent and/or gradiose

Just compare to actual mansion of President Snow used in the movie
latest

latest

It shooting used this building
twochics-105(pp_w970_h648).jpg

And this one for interiors
10465.jpg

See? More luxurious-feeling right?

Looks like normal office building to me.

If you tell me that's a picture of a hospital or a university I would buy it.

I would expect mansion for someone for President Snow-alikes to be more decadent and/or gradiose

Just compare to actual mansion of President Snow used in the movie
latest

latest

It shooting used this building
twochics-105(pp_w970_h648).jpg

And this one for interiors
10465.jpg

See? More luxurious-feeling right?

It's one of the little things of the Hunger Games that while I don't necessarily dislike, it could've worked better if the thing's a bit more modern, IMHO, it's too gaudy for my liking.

It's one of the little things of the Hunger Games that while I don't necessarily dislike, it could've worked better if the thing's a bit more modern, IMHO, it's too gaudy for my liking.
I think if you like something from Capitol, the movie makers is doing it wrong. :p

*Cant' access Tumblr*
*remember it is blocked*
*activate Windscribe like normal*
*don't work somehow, even though it works just few days ago*
*try Anonymox, still don't work*
*curious how much the blockage goes, try accessing hentai sites for testing*
*didn't even need proxy...*

Dagnabit

I finally am fully healed from my cosmetic surgery which means YAY no more drinking my meals. and I can finally sleep laying down normally.

My Husbands mothers side has offically given up bullying me and decided to just fuck off out of my life except for family reunions because I guess even bad blood won't stop them from coming to reunions.

and boo my delivery for my cool Prosthetic legs was pushed back because weather. aw well I still have the ones I got.

Got my second GPU in and installed Thursday. I'm very much noticing the performance boost and I haven't even done any tweaking of the cards yet.

Also I just got Overwatch due to paying early for October's Humble Bundle. I genuinely did not realize how awesome this game is. I had considered buying it before, but was kind of wary of Blizzard and have previously found a lot of online PVP to be rather toxic (Dead by Daylight was probably the worst community I've tried to play in recently). So far I'm finding little in the way of problems with Overwatch. The worst thing I've had is some texture glitches sporadically.

Back
Top Bottom