What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets Talk About Our Lives

Noice! When you perfect the recipe.....don't forget yer ol' pal t-dugong and send me a halal version (cause I suck at converting non-halal recipes as an ex commented before) please?

*Makes the cutedugongface attack*

Don't worry, recipe is pretty halal, no usage of pork as far as I know.

I watched Doctor Sleep.

Ooookay its official stephen king movies have traumatized me twice

I dont even know if the full movie of IT chapter 2 is all that good I left the theater after the start.

Doctor Sleep tho? Yeah theres a death in that movie that was traumatizing.

Sooo I'm currently not sleeping becaus eof that.

Due to a burst of miserableness caused by uni I have decided to accelerate my plans instead of waiting several weeks full of drudgery by the end of which I might go insane.
I will probably procrastinate anyway (which is as always the ultimate source of my suffering) so I might as well do it on something that is not web surfing. Anything as long as it isn't web surfing. And so I have decided to finally get into Touhou after a long time of wanting to try it out. My engagement with Touhou so far consisted of fanart and hentai doujins (and some SFW ones) mostly of Yukari.
This changed today, I have installed and started playing The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil.

It is actually more fun than I expected, I was prepared to just try to trudge through them and then go reading some serious doujins.
My limit so far is 3rd stage on normal without continuing (if Cirno doesn't freeze my ass) haven't got to the stage boss though.
Not exactly easy for me, and I think I heard that this is supposed to be one of the easier ones. Guess I need to git gud.

Got rid of Discord and deleted my account today, part of an initiative to reduce the drama I encounter online. It seems too easy to avoid getting caught up in pointless arguments.

The majority of the drama I've been involved with online has has had to do with Discord and this has been multiple servers

Last edited:
Also dreading the holidays coming up. Again people think you're a bad person and insult you because you don't like the stress involved and if you don't want to participate you're also a horrible person.

As far as I can remember in my family there has always been heated, stressful arguments between those who don't like the end of year holidays for one reason or another and those who seem to have some bizarre idealized version of it in their minds when it is never going to be like the idea they have.

Got rid of Discord and deleted my account today, part of an initiative to reduce the drama I encounter online. It seems too easy to avoid getting caught up in pointless arguments.

The majority of the drama I've been involved with online has has had to do with Discord and this has been multiple servers
too easy get caught up in* (curse the lack of edit function here after a certain amount of time)

I'd like to add to this this that I've recently realized that even people I'm aware are better educated and smarter than me are still capable of reductio ad arguments, straw manning, and appeal to emotion with out caring about why that is a bad thing. I'm more disappointed than anything else. It's not the disagreement I have problem with, it's that I expected better in this case.

Last edited:
I spent several hours this evening preparing my contributions to Thanksgiving. The nausea inducing feast holiday celebration is going to be at my parents' house. Some of what I'm making for it will be ready to eat, some of it will require some cooking tomorrow. I'm aiming at minimizing the time trying to work around my mom in the kitchen, so I've:

Chopped up brussels sprouts and shallots, grated garlic (sauteed garlic brussels sprouts, cooked tomorrow maybe 30 min before the meal)

Chopped up broccoli (yes, two brassicas, deal with it), mixed with garlic (YES TWO GARLICKY BRASSICAS, DEAL WITH IT) salt pepper and olive oil. Put on a baking tray and into the oven 20 min before the meal.

Put together the macaroni and cheese, ready to go into the oven. It's got panko and Kerrygold cheese on top which will turn into a wonderful crust when baked. I'm a little nervous, since I've not made baked mac'n'cheese before what with being white and all...AND I thought the recipe I found needed something more, so I've modified it. Probably not a good idea to modify a recipe until you're familiar with it, but here I am.

Made an apple pie. That's just done, baked and all. Never made a double-crust pie before that I can remember, but it'll probably be good. Why? I make my own pie crusts, which is the difference between pies that are ok, and pies that are great.

What's everyone else (who is an American) making/having for the harvest celebration?

(If you aren't an American and are celebrating a harvest of your own then please weigh in. WITH FOOD.)

What's everyone else (who is an American) making/having for the harvest celebration?
My aunt found all the recipes, and my brother, my dad, my grandmother, and I just helped her make them, but let's see how much I can remember...
  • Sangria made with red wine, cranberries, and I think oranges and/or apples
  • An autumn salad comprised of arugula, squash, brussels sprouts, onions, and sweet potatoes; everything but the arugula was cooked, and there was homemade vinaigrette dressing
  • Wheat berry pilaf with some diced apricots and other things
  • A... "salad" is probably the right word... of grated carrots, celery root, and apples
  • Rolls made with honey butter
  • Cranberry chutney
  • Pumpkin butter
  • A cajun-style smoked turkey my aunt bought from her workplace
  • A pumpkin chocolate chip pie (heavy on the chocolate chips) with a homemade crust (I got complimented on how well I kneaded it, since according to my aunt that's what really determines whether it turns out tough or flaky, and this one came out nice and flaky)
  • Ice cream to go with the pie
It was probably 4-5 hours of food prep, with between 3 and 5 people participating depending on the time, and complicated by the fact that we were making it in a kitchen where the person most familiar with it has been dead for eight years so we had to spend more time looking for certain things than we probably should have (and couldn't find some things at all, even though we knew they were there), but it was worth it. All tasted very good.

There's an Indonesian restaurant at a city nearby. I honestly want to try it, but... ugh, 1 and a half hour of driving feels a bit much.

I have moved into a new home with help from Community Transitions. The home allows me a private room and I pay my rent on time. I currently have no arguments or problems with the residents, and some issues with the staff. But it's all livable in the end so I'm fine here.

I play a lot of Ragnarok Mobile. I currently have a Dancer, an Assassin Cross and a Alchemist. The Dancer's moves look the prettiest.

Other than that I spend my days sipping coffee and chain smoking. It's not the life I wanted, but then what is?

My Mommy comes to visit me on the 4th. This time is very special to me. I love my Mommy so much.

I learned a lot of how to survive while homeless. It wasn't so bad, as long as you stayed inside.

I'm returning to the website in the hopes of writing fiction or roleplays. And participating in good threads with people I like.

Love,
Sneakykitten

Had some meat smoked in our neighbor's smokehouse, but his wife wanted to be done with a whole thing too fast and used the wrong kind of wood so meat started to get bitter. Now have to boil it all to get the bitterness away as otherwise it would be a few kilograms of meat just wasted.

New glasses and a $2 haircut. Feels like a new man. 😁

We need a finger guns smiley for that. A 'Lookin' Sharp!' type of deal.

Like this:
vault_boy_gun_fingers_bethesda_small_.jpg

I have moved into a new home with help from Community Transitions. The home allows me a private room and I pay my rent on time. I currently have no arguments or problems with the residents, and some issues with the staff. But it's all livable in the end so I'm fine here.

I play a lot of Ragnarok Mobile. I currently have a Dancer, an Assassin Cross and a Alchemist. The Dancer's moves look the prettiest.

Other than that I spend my days sipping coffee and chain smoking. It's not the life I wanted, but then what is?

My Mommy comes to visit me on the 4th. This time is very special to me. I love my Mommy so much.

I learned a lot of how to survive while homeless. It wasn't so bad, as long as you stayed inside.

I'm returning to the website in the hopes of writing fiction or roleplays. And participating in good threads with people I like.

Love,
Sneakykitten

I hate the 'hug' smiley and I feel like a stick-bundle if my cursor gets too close. But I wish you well. I like to think I can give good, helpful advice but I can't relate to your life. So I'll say that there are people who don't even know you that want the best for you. I'm glad that you're doing better, and I hope for you to build on this.

Also, here's a picture of a cute pooch. Most people like them. This is my sister's dog, whom I've been looking in on in the mornings because my sister's work schedule has gotten rather packed for the holidays.

KIMG0071[1].JPG

I have a flip phone, which is why the picture has a resolution of around five.

Last edited:
I hate the 'hug' smiley and I feel like a stick-bundle if my cursor gets too close. But I wish you well. I like to think I can give good, helpful advice but I can't relate to your life. So I'll say that there are people who don't even know you that want the best for you. I'm glad that you're doing better, and I hope for you to build on this.

Also, here's a picture of a cute pooch. Most people like them. This is my sister's dog, whom I've been looking in on in the mornings because my sister's work schedule has gotten rather packed for the holidays.

View attachment 2888

I have a flip phone, which is why the picture has a resolution of around five.
Thanks so much. I'm sure you do give good and helpful advice. You seem like a snazzy fellow. That finger guns picture is great.

I would like the best for you too. Online communities are full of real people and I am eternally grateful to have a place to go where people are so cool. I hope your life is going good.

Aw, that doggy is so cute! I'm definitely most people. My Mommy has a pooch like that.

Thank you so much and you're very kind.

Things have calmed down at the university, the situation is now more manageable and I don't feel as horrible as I did before. The big sticking points are latin (my worst subject) and "Introduction to the Study of History". Though based on conversation with professor I should have a second chance in January if I can't do it next week. As for ITTSOH I am bit unclear about the evaluation system for seminars and the condition for being allowed to the final examination (it could mean I won't be able to catch up the points that I need if my theory is correct) otherwise it is not so bad, I still need to finish seminary paper for it though. I should probably consult the professor about it on monday.

For other subjects I finished the seminary papers (and presentations) even though I did them at pretty much the last minute, spent a whole weekend working on it and was awake for what amounts to essentially the entire day then I had to go in the same state to the uni (fortunately only one subject) made entire presentation in the library and then actually presented it in the classroom.
The subject was prehistory (and early historical period) my topic was the Marcomannic wars. The professor seemed to be quite content with presentation and the messy paper (boy it was messy) I did manage to talk a fair bit despite barely showing it into the required 5 pages. The other subjects were presented some time ago, I still had to finish the actual papers though.
Now if only my other professor remembered to send the results of the last test so that I can be sure that I can go to finals. I am not confident about the last one, there should be make-up exam but we have to notify her.

In other news
I am still playing Touhou 6, I know how to deal reliably with Cirno without bombs now and I managed to finally defeat Meiling.
The fourth and fifth stages are whole another level. I managed to get through Patchouli and then to Sakuya but I was dependent on bombs and continues at that point and those levels are hard enough even without the bosses. I have hard time just getting through fourth even before the boss and the fifth
Just when I thought I was getting the hang of it. And this supposed to be normal difficulty.

Thanks so much. I'm sure you do give good and helpful advice. You seem like a snazzy fellow. That finger guns picture is great.

I would like the best for you too. Online communities are full of real people and I am eternally grateful to have a place to go where people are so cool. I hope your life is going good.

Aw, that doggy is so cute! I'm definitely most people. My Mommy has a pooch like that.

Thank you so much and you're very kind.

I'm going to go back on my 'not giving you advice' statement. A little. I have a suggestion.

While I still don't know your life, the little snippet you just shared suggests that you are currently either unemployed or underemployed.

If this is the case, might I suggest volunteering at an animal shelter? You'll be able to have contact with dogs and cats (some of whom will be kittens, none of whom will be sneaky - if they were sneaky they wouldn't have ended up in the shelter), you'll be around people who will be there for the same reason you are, you'll be doing stuff which won't always be fun (but sometimes will) but will make a positive difference in the world. Plus there will probably be free coffee that you'll be able to avail yourself of.

It seems like you're looking for something to fill your day with, for community, and you like animals...this might be something you'd find to be a positive thing for you, and would be a positive thing for the animals you'd be helping.

Just a thought. Like the saying goes, free advice is worth the paper it's printed on.

I'm going to go back on my 'not giving you advice' statement. A little. I have a suggestion.

While I still don't know your life, the little snippet you just shared suggests that you are currently either unemployed or underemployed.

If this is the case, might I suggest volunteering at an animal shelter? You'll be able to have contact with dogs and cats (some of whom will be kittens, none of whom will be sneaky - if they were sneaky they wouldn't have ended up in the shelter), you'll be around people who will be there for the same reason you are, you'll be doing stuff which won't always be fun (but sometimes will) but will make a positive difference in the world. Plus there will probably be free coffee that you'll be able to avail yourself of.

It seems like you're looking for something to fill your day with, for community, and you like animals...this might be something you'd find to be a positive thing for you, and would be a positive thing for the animals you'd be helping.

Just a thought. Like the saying goes, free advice is worth the paper it's printed on.
Sure, go ahead.

Ahaha.

Yeah, I'd love to get to work. I'd love to volunteer at an animal shelter. And free coffee is bomb. There are some problems with getting out of the house to do anything, but I'd give my heart to help out unsneaky kittens.

That's a really great way to look at it. Kinda Zen. Thanks.

I will pay you the appropriate amount for your paper when I have more than 20 cents in my bank account. :)

Found out that Grab's route map have a margin of error of around 10-50 meters today.

I'm alright, though my dad is a bit cranky at having to walk from the drop off point to our uncle's house what with his cane and all.

Back
Top Bottom