What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets Talk About Our Lives

Some thinkings about the technological level of my setting:

General technology: 1920s with some early 30s, consider 1925 as an average, although the colonies in the northern continent may lag behind several decades.

Military technology: Firearms are pre-WW2 models, although semi-automatic rifles are more advanced and widespread than the OTL (conversely, no one is using or even thought up the submachine guns).

Naval battles are dominated by battleships, and although some navies are using aircraft as reconnaissance element nobody has even a plan for the carrier.

Technical development of aircraft has focused on long-range reconnaissance and close support of land force, but little advancements are made in matters of air-to-air combat and strategic bombing mission. Airships are fairly widespread in use, however, and utilized for observance, transportation, and bombing mission, albeit not very successful with the last.

Radar is non-existent, and everyone is just about grasping the potential of radio technology.

Due to the geographical and climatic reasons, cavalry was always the most important element in Underheavenite warfare and this translates into the enthusiastic adoption of the mechanization and motorization of the army units. Without the experience of the WW1-style trench warfare, tank developments are less concerned with breaking through the enemy lines and more with replacing the roles of traditional cavalry.

The main weapons for cavalrymen are a handgun on the horseback and carbine on the dismount. Sabers and other melee weapons are used, but most cavalrymen prefer to have an additional handgun rather than drawing the blade.

So. Supposedly, supposedly I say someone, not me, definately not me, stuffed his face, alot, with great relish in 2 after midninght and is in his 3rd soda and is feeling like he is gonna pop triplets, what do?

So. Supposedly, supposedly I say someone, not me, definately not me, stuffed his face, alot, with great relish in 2 after midninght and is in his 3rd soda and is feeling like he is gonna pop triplets, what do?
Batten down the hatches, tie yourself to the toilet, and take some ExLax.

In other news, I appear to have become an accidental home wrecker. Again. Oops.

She's always wrecking somebody's relationships, mostly friendships, tho she's wrecked somebody's 'chance to get with my girlfriend,' until she left, ahaha. Yes, it's so difficult always wrecking up relationships with my face or just being in the same room or showing affection to the wrong person. Friends can't be replaced, girlfriends and boyfriends can't be replaced.

I fucked up posting my latest thread. I pinged @Horton multiple times to change the thread into the news and politics section, but he's sleeping. AHHHH!!!! IT'S FRUSTRATIIIING!!!

Whelp, I got some grim news. Not as grim as the passing of Mariah, but still pretty grim. A friend of mine at school died today. He was found in the morning collapsed with no heartbeat, but the exact details behind his death are unknown. The sad thing is, the guy was younger than me, always one grade behind me. I knew him when he was in the 4th Grade and I was in the 5th. He wasn't a very close friend but he was still a friend. had he not died, I would have attended the 2020 graduation along with my other friends a grade bellow me.

Yeah knew a couple people I went to school with who died. One guy in JH he tried crossing the highway on his bike and the obvious happened. Then another guy who was on my HS wrestling team just up and died in his sleep Junior year.

Sadly I've had plenty of those. One a year when I was in Junior High and High School and about a half dozen since.

A couple to suicide, a couple to disease since but other than Facebook these were people I hadn't seen in years.

The ones that really hurt were my three sponsors when I first joined the Masons. The most recent, who was also my Brother's Father-In-Law, passed this last Sunday.

On a related note figuring out how to mount my medals for a full dress uniform is annoying.

Some piece of fluff from my setting, the 'protagonists' if you will:

Lotharia is the oldest country, the first one to be founded on the Underheaven and used to be the strongest on the planet. But eventually, the decay set on the empire, resource depletion and aristocratic apathy slowed the industrialization while her border contracted as many parts of the empire became independent with their own rulers.

Still, the country has strengths left; Lotharian culture is dominant across the Underheaven and she is a center of arts and literature. The empire's agriculture is very well-developed as well, make her self sufficient in addition to being a major agricultural exporter and a home to several mega-sized corporate agribusinesses. The Lotharian industry is geared toward meeting domestic demands instead of competing for export, and the country's mercantile policies ensure no foreign competitors in the domestic market. Unfortunately, internal customs and duties, numerous due to the fragmented provinces and feudal fiefdoms, slow down trades.

The Lotharian army is comparable to other great powers. The Lotharians are rather bitter about the loss of their universal empire and endlessly dream up ways to restore their country to primacy.

Some bits about my setting:

Social mobility is limited in most of the Underheaven. A successful commoner may be fairly wealthy, but he or she isn't 'respectable' until they purchase an estate and hire servants, and never considered a part of the true upper class of nobility unless they purchase or granted (for extraordinary service) a rank, or by marrying into a noble family, and no amount of money could wash away the stain of 'social climber'.

As you can see, it's not the most egalitarian world. I think one of main theme of the story is going to be the breakdown of this system, and its reformation into something more meritocratic... or more oppressive.

She had months of work thrown into the garbage can by her best offline friend, because of 'inappropriate expression in the lobby.' Was she a little loud? Yes. Does that really deserving icing our entire relationship when she is clearly breaking down into tears in front of you, begging and pleading for her best friend to come back?

No, it mattered more that her volume was up. Well, she tried to lower it, and there was not any reconciliation. Zero empathy, just coldness. She was 'promised' 'maybe you can have me back if you do a new in-take.'

She doesn't wanna new therapist. This is not some game. She had found the right friend and therapist out of all of the ones over the years and she's leaving over some emotions in the lobby? Then she told me to leave. This kitty had nowhere to go and was begging her not to kick me out so soon. Then she demands me to leave and says she's getting security. She knows this is traumatic for me and doesn't care, meow, this kitty a threat and must be removed.

Lesson she learns is that friends coldly turn on you when you become inconvenient to them. Friends you've known for months, who promise to support you even when you make the wrong choices, who you felt were beautiful and lovely humans that save your life... order you to hospital and get a new therapist.

How about we talk about our pets? I have three cats and one dog, as I have said before. Although Mariah may be gone and she has a successor in her wake, I don't think she's replaced. Mara's* just carrying the torch.

Footnote: Mara is the name of the kitten. I named her after Mara Jade from the Star Wars books and also after Mariah, seeing as Mara is an abbreviated version of Mariah.

Last edited:
Could y'all post more often? I'm trying to distract myself during non-heretical Ramadan(Lent), and y'all be taking your sweet ass time to reply. Just, post anything. Reply, just reply. I'm losing it.

Back
Top Bottom