What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets Talk About Our Lives

It's a dish of chicken fried rice wrapped in an omelette. There's some similarity with omurice, but with Pattaya fried rice the rice must be wrapped inside the omelette, whereas you can drape the omelette over the rice for omurice.

Funny, when I was in Pattaya I never saw that once.

Funny, when I was in Pattaya I never saw that once.

It's a Malaysian dish, actually. I asked for one once during a trip to Pattaya and all I got was blinks. Luckily the cook there used to work in Malaysia and knew what I was talking about.

I think the dish originated from Kelantan in the 80s or 90s and they tacked the Pattaya part because Pattaya have some quirky salted egg dishes and to make it sound exotic.

Last edited:
No water. Again. Meaning this is going to be my only cup of coffee for the foreseeable future...

Sonofabitch

About to get a new (to me) car. Just a little commuter Prius but it's better than walking.

Nice, have a Mustang myself. Primarily because Muscle Cars don't really exist back home.

Unless a person is one massive car enthusiast/collector. Besides I don't think SEA countries have the roads for muscle cars.

You'd be surprised. And yes I am a car enthusiast :p

The heck? How doss the dude afford to feed that beast?

In the US, none at all. US Muscle Cars, or at least the base models, once you get 1-2 years down the line, depreciate FAST. I bought my car for less than 20K dollars, which roughly translates to less than 83K Ringgit. Or 200-300 Million Rupiah back home. That's roughly the cost of an average car back in Indonesia, not even a high end one.

In Indo though, It's a car for rich kids or car enthusiasts I imagine. The import taxes is going to be insane.

In the US, none at all. US Muscle Cars, or at least the base models, once you get 1-2 years down the line, depreciate FAST. I bought my car for less than 20K dollars, which roughly translates to less than 83K Ringgit. Or 200-300 Million Rupiah back home. That's roughly the cost of an average car back in Indonesia, not even a high end one.

In Indo though, It's a car for rich kids or car enthusiasts I imagine. The import taxes is going to be insane.

Ah, I meant how could he afford to fill her up, what with crazy petrol prices in Indonesia and the fact that Mustangs guzzle petrol like a sailor on shore leave. The price thing works too I guess

Ah, I meant how could he afford to fill her up, what with crazy petrol prices in Indonesia and the fact that Mustangs guzzle petrol like a sailor on shore leave. The price thing works too I guess

Hmm, last time I checked. Petrol prices aren't that expensive back home. Sure, it's gone up substantially under Jokowi's administration (how he managed to pull that off is beyond me), but Pertamax is like... what? 10K rupiah per litre?
https://finance.detik.com/energi/d-4371568/ini-daftar-harga-baru-pertalite-hingga-pertamax

Mustang has a 60 Litre fuel tank, so 10.200 x 60= 612.000 rupiah for a full tank refill from zero. It's expensive, but not mindblowingly so honestly.

Since the car can do 15.5 L/ 100 Kilometers (using city numbers), 60/15.5= 3.87, 3.87 x 100= 387 kilometers, It's going to take 387 kilometers for a full tank refill, and only if you drive it in the city exclusively, highway will bring it down, but not by much. (heck, my MPG actually went UP when I drive on the interstate)

For a sports car, It's pretty good, 387 KM is the distance between Jakarta and Purwokerto, and then some. Pretty good mileage for a muscle car IMO.

Compared to even RM2.23 per liter of RON97 petrol in Malaysia, still expensive (must be an American thing or you have a generous spirit, good sir). Surprisingly ok-ish mileage though.

Compared to even RM2.23 per liter of RON97 petrol in Malaysia, still expensive (must be an American thing or you have a generous spirit, good sir). Surprisingly ok-ish mileage though.

My parents regularly dish out 250-300.000 Rupiah whenever we need to refuel our car, so... roughly 72-87 MYR. I don't know how much that costs in Malaysia, but It's manageable for my family.

My parents regularly dish out 250-300.000 Rupiah whenever we need to refuel our car, so... roughly 72-87 MYR. I don't know how much that costs in Malaysia, but It's manageable for my family.

A bit pricey for a sedan (unless it's a marque), about right for a MPV, SUV or a van.

I drive a 1.3 liter sedan though, so I may be a bit biased.

Edit: the prices are for RON 97, RON 95 is a bit cheaper.

Last edited:
My old mattress had been wearing out. My futon/shikibuton came in today. It was in a compression bag so it's currently spending the recommended time decompressing before I sleep on it tonight. I got it because I wanted to have something I could move and store when I'm not sleeping to have extra room and there are also some benefits to sleeping on a firmer surface according to what research I've done. I ordered an appropriate sized olefin plush rug to go under it since it was a lot cheaper than something like a traditional tatami mat or a trifold mattress. I really just wanted something that would keep the shikibuton from direct contact with the floor and offer a bit of cushioning of its own. I don't plan on moving the rug when the bed isn't in use. Since the rug won't be here until late January to mid February I'm just putting a blanket under it for the moment to keep it out of contact with the floor.

A good thing is that my old sheets fit it so I don't have to buy new ones.

Last edited:
I wonder, how does tofu actually taste like?
Either a cursed block of Satanic excrement or a block of heavenly goodness.

Personally it tastes like a bread made out of beans, which it sorta is.

I wonder, how does tofu actually taste like?

Pretty good I'll say. BUT, don't try eating raw tofu, that's just bland stuff, just like you don't eat raw meat or raw veggies in a stir fry.

My advice is to find these babies:
263719767_f4e5280cc5_b.jpg

Or find something similar in your asian supermarket.

A midday surprise rainstorm, just what every uncle picking up his nephews from school needed. The two of us looks as if we decided to take a shower in our clothes.

Welp, my shipment arrived.

A aluminium french canteen, and a swiss bayonet.

Bayonet is in pristine condition, its not often I admire an inanimate object, but this blade is something special, so shiny and chrome, the swiss pay a lot of attention to detail it seems. Beautiful work of art.

The canteen....Uhhh...Yeah, it was not in a great condition, it required a lot of cleaning up, and even then it looks like it's seen better days. It works however, and came with a cover and a cup.

A bit of love and care, and it'll work nicely, I might need a new seal for the lid though.

Edit: Also today marks the first time I've watched one of my ants lay an egg! My big carpenter ant queen was looking a little weird, so I took a closer look, and she was laying an egg! Poor girl seemed to be having some trouble getting the thing out, but she eventually laid the thing. So proud!

Welp, my shipment arrived.

A aluminium french canteen, and a swiss bayonet.

Bayonet is in pristine condition, its not often I admire an inanimate object, but this blade is something special, so shiny and chrome, the swiss pay a lot of attention to detail it seems. Beautiful work of art.

The canteen....Uhhh...Yeah, it was not in a great condition, it required a lot of cleaning up, and even then it looks like it's seen better days. It works however, and came with a cover and a cup.

A bit of love and care, and it'll work nicely, I might need a new seal for the lid though.

Edit: Also today marks the first time I've watched one of my ants lay an egg! My big carpenter ant queen was looking a little weird, so I took a closer look, and she was laying an egg! Poor girl seemed to be having some trouble getting the thing out, but she eventually laid the thing. So proud!
Are planning on heading off somewhere, or is it part of your collection?

Back
Top Bottom