What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets Talk About Our Lives

Heh, someone started a fight with the neighbors who party at every opportunity.
There was something that sounded like gunshots but wasn't actually gunshots.

*Driving in Oregon*

Ahhh, this isn't so bad! the drivers are all nice here, even in the Portland Metro Area the people are so nice!
depositphotos_86975574-stock-photo-a-happy-driver.jpg

*Driving in Los Angeles*

It's fiiiiiiiiiine, It's completely fiiiiiiiiine
sweaty-black-man.jpg

First day of school here, just picked up my nephews and now I'm waiting outside the mini market as they and my sister went to buy stuff.

It sucks that vets are not open today as I found a kitten with mange (that's the crusty stuff on their skin, right?) and a bad case of piles, what with half an inch of inflammed stuff hanging out its ass.

Bummer of a new year. :(

FedEx on December 27th: "Your package will arrive on January 2nd."

FedEx on December 30th: "We moved this thing faster than we expected to. It'll arrive tomorrow the 31st."

FedEx in the morning of December 31st: "It's on the truck for delivery."

FedEx in the evening of December 31st: "We didn't actually try to deliver it. We're pushing the delivery date back one business day to January 2nd."

FedEx in the morning of January 2nd: "..."

FedEx in the evening of January 2nd: "We're pushing the delivery date back one business day to January 3rd. Reason? Why would we need to give you a reason?"

Goddammit guys.

FedEx on December 27th: "Your package will arrive on January 2nd."

FedEx on December 30th: "We moved this thing faster than we expected to. It'll arrive tomorrow the 31st."

FedEx in the morning of December 31st: "It's on the truck for delivery."

FedEx in the evening of December 31st: "We didn't actually try to deliver it. We're pushing the delivery date back one business day to January 2nd."

FedEx in the morning of January 2nd: "..."

FedEx in the evening of January 2nd: "We're pushing the delivery date back one business day to January 3rd. Reason? Why would we need to give you a reason?"

Goddammit guys.
You ordered the package last year, man Fed ex must be extremely incompetent to fuck it up that much.

Sounds like someone at your local FedEx office is schizophrenic, @Phoenix0995.
When they told me they hadn't tried to deliver it on Monday, the reason given was "Local delivery restriction, delivery not attempted. Recommended action: No action required. Delivery rescheduled for next business day."

I'm hoping that there's not just some random error in their systems that they forgot to clear or something, but if I refresh the tracking page tomorrow morning and it doesn't say that the thing is on a truck bound for my house, I'm finding out how to contact them directly so I can go "WTF guys?"
You ordered the package last year, man Fed ex must be extremely incompetent to fuck it up that much.
I've used FedEx to ship stuff before, and they're normally better about things than this. Maybe they hired some extra workers for the holiday season and forgot to train them as well as they should have, I dunno.

Second day of heavy rain and strong winds, and my hometown is not in the direct path of Tropical Storm Pabuk. My heart goes out to the people in Kelantan and Southern Thailand.

Edit: Winds up to 19mph here. No wonder tourists are fleeing Koh Samui.

Last edited:
My coffee is getting too cold too fast.

So I called FedEx and muddled through the automated phone system until I got to a live human, who I told the situation (package delivery date got pushed back twice and it didn't get on the truck this morning). He said (paraphrased), "Huh, that's weird... let me investigate real quick." A few minutes later, he said he'd sent a message to the FedEx station about it and I should be getting a call back by 5:30 today at the latest. This was around... 10ish, maybe?

A little after 11, I got call from a guy asking for a few more details... who then said he would send a message to the station about it (like the last guy did), but also offered two possible explanations: one, that there was a label issue; two, that that station was just really backed up. He said he'd call me back once he knew more.

Local time is 12:11 and I'm about to have lunch. 5 hours and 19 minutes until the latest I should know what's going on.

Back
Top Bottom