What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets Talk About Our Lives

Time for you to acquire a leadfoot of your own, @Jakarta. Our speedlimits would not serve you well there.

Max speed limit in Indonesia is somewhere around 80-100 kilometers/ hour, so pardon me for not being too used to the insane effective speed limits on US highways.

Max speed limit in Indonesia is somewhere around 80-100 kilometers/ hour, so pardon me for not being too used to the insane effective speed limits on US highways.

I feel your pain, man. Max speed limit in Malaysia is 110kmh and that's only on the highway. It's usually 80 - 90kmh on major roads. I imagine I'd be called a turtle by US drivers.

I feel your pain, man. Max speed limit in Malaysia is 110kmh and that's only on the highway. It's usually 80 - 90kmh on major roads. I imagine I'd be called a turtle by US drivers.

You learn to adapt pretty quickly. I spent the last 4 years in places where 80-100kmh maximums were normal, but when I got back to the States I was driving at usual Los Angeles freeway speeds within a couple of days.

You learn to adapt pretty quickly. I spent the last 4 years in places where 80-100kmh maximums were normal, but when I got back to the States I was driving at usual Los Angeles freeway speeds within a couple of days.

Possible. Of course, not driving certain people who can't tolerate sitting in a car going at 90kmh or above would help too, I imagine.

Or give him a couple of weeks in Montana.

Lol, I felt like such a slowpoke when I drove through Montana a few years ago. I stuck to back roads, where there were virtually no posted speed limits.

I drive a pickup truck that's almost old enough to vote. It is not built for taking the corners that one finds on back roads. It also really starts to suck down fuel over 65 mph.

I got passed a lot. Out west is a good place to own a sports car.

Possible. Of course, not driving certain people who can't tolerate sitting in a car going at 90kmh or above would help too, I imagine.

Also, you will get used driving on the right side of the road, like really fast.

I should know, I have a license.

My mom's present came in today, and it is a Logitech X52 HOTAS joystick/throttle combo... and out of all the joysticks I've used over the years, this one is perfect. Now it has to survive the NEUMANN TEST...

View attachment 862

Feeling somewhat peckish tonight and being too lazy to cook myself (it's 2am here) went for a food run. Had a Thai fried rice and a glass of iced Milo (malted chocolate drink). Yummy!

Edit: Nearly ran over a wild sow and/or her piglets while driving back home from the restaurant.
That looks really good omg.

Sorry you almost had a accident. It's tricky when an animal jump out in the road not noticing you.

Today:

1. Went to the bank to save money. Learned how to put change in the tray. She had 2 dollars in change.

2. Go to the mall. Got cigs and an energy thingy.

3. Talk to case manager, caregivers, and Mommy. Mommy calling back soon omg!

You know, I knew when visiting San Diego that I will see Gigantic Aircraft Carriers, but... just taking the Uber off of the Harbour and seeing those things in person.

Just shows you how extremely huge those Supercarriers are.

Oh, and also, currently vacationing in San Diego, finished vacaying in Las Vegas.

You know, I knew when visiting San Diego that I will see Gigantic Aircraft Carriers, but... just taking the Uber off of the Harbour and seeing those things in person.

Oh, and also, currently vacationing in San Diego, finished vacaying in Las Vegas.

Sweet. I'm not far away in LA.

Lucky you. So are you getting used to how fast the drivers are by now?

One of the first things I see when I landed in San Diego is a Marine Recruitment station just off the runway.

It's crazy.

It's not a recruitment station, it's the recruit training center (basic training)..... and the training center was there first.

Also saw CVN's 70 and 71 (Not sure of the names), black hawk helis, and superbugs stationed.

And un unknown nuclear sub on the other side of the airbase.

Everyone decided to launch fireworks now, because they will be too wasted to remember midnight one when times finally comes. There will be another one on midnight too, but that is probably only for sober people. I don't understand how can anyone record those new year celebration where people count down last seconds of the year when there are random fireworks flying practically each five minutes for several hours.

Back
Top Bottom