What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets Talk About Our Lives

Horton

Cat
Administrator
Pretty much the same idea as the thread on SB, except I'm going to be more lenient when it comes to chatting here. :)

Talk away.

Well I just found out that SV has ads, *actual* commercial ads visable for those who aren't members. I feel as though the carpet has been pulled from underneath my feet!
D:>
Money for the Squishy God, Ads For the Ad Throne.

SV is honestly more informative on SJW tangential issues than SB is. Biased it may be, I see points made on there that I haven't seen before. SB on the other hand has every SJW outrage thread be carbon copies of each other save an Unhappy Anchovy post or two.

Unhappy Anchovy post or two.
UA is a mixed bag...he's quite informative on some stuff, but on others I feel like he just tries to play the devils advocate for the sake of playing the devils advocate, even when supporting such a position kind of makes him a dick. Though he is someone that I think enjoys debating, so I'd avoid taking him too seriously or else you might get pissed with him, I should know, I've done that before, though nowhere near his extent. One issue I'd avoid him on is economics though, he doesn't really know much about it and everytime he's gone onto it it's resulted in him losing badly.

UA is a mixed bag...he's quite informative on some stuff, but on others I feel like he just tries to play the devils advocate for the sake of playing the devils advocate, even when supporting such a position kind of makes him a dick. Though he is someone that I think enjoys debating, so I'd avoid taking him too seriously or else you might get pissed with him, I should know, I've done that before, though nowhere near his extent.
That's what I like most about him. Of course for me I sometimes get pissed about people making fun of fascists, communists, islamist etc... THE WRONG WAY!!! So I might just be similar in that manner.

My. This is interesting. Do we already have a place for fics/writing archives here? If so I might as well crosspost everything I've written on SB juuuust in case something ever happens to my account.

Ah nevermind, I seem to have past it without seeing it. I'll get started with transferring my archive to here and making separate threads for the ones that have their own threads over on SB.

Edit 2

Erm... I just tried to post my first snip from my writing archive on SB and there's a character limit of 10,000. Is that going to be upped soon? Also are threadmarks going to be made available?

Last edited:
My. This is interesting. Do we already have a place for fics/writing archives here? If so I might as well crosspost everything I've written on SB juuuust in case something ever happens to my account.

Ah nevermind, I seem to have past it without seeing it. I'll get started with transferring my archive to here and making separate threads for the ones that have their own threads over on SB.

Edit 2

Erm... I just tried to post my first snip from my writing archive on SB and there's a character limit of 10,000. Is that going to be upped soon? Also are threadmarks going to be made available?
That's a good question. @Horton Are you planning to run this and do all the techwork Xon would do on SB yourself?

Edit: Because if you intend this to be a legitimate forum instead of a private forum for yourself and friends, it's going to get busy fast.

Last edited:
That's a good question. @Horton Are you planning to run this and do all the techwork Xon would do on SB yourself?

Edit: Because if you intend this to be a legitimate forum instead of a private forum for yourself and friends, it's going to get busy fast.
I probably will be doing the tech work, a lot of Xon's plugins are already available online, some free, some for money. So I'll be getting a bunch of them. But yes I intend this place to be legitimate, as I wouldn't fork out $200 just for something that I wasn't going to use. ;)

The thread-marks has always been a pain, I might redo that from scratch or I might just wait until Xon puts one up for XF 2, depends on my schedule.

Edit 2

Ok, that was set to 10,000 by the default XF install, I've upped it to 50K. Hope that helps and I've also upped the profile comment limit slightly higher then SB, as I noticed we had a bunch of comment splits when people were posting on SB, forcing them to use 2 or even 3 comments to get their point across.

Hello there. I am a regular on Questionable Questing. How are you people doing?
Pretty cool. Who's recruiting for this site? I'm curious at who's getting the word out. :D

I probably will be doing the tech work, a lot of Xon's plugins are already available online, some free, some for money. So I'll be getting a bunch of them. But yes I intend this place to be legitimate, as I wouldn't fork out $200 just for something that I wasn't going to use. ;)

The thread-marks has always been a pain, I might redo that from scratch or I might just wait until Xon puts one up for XF 2, depends on my schedule.

Ok, that was set to 10,000 by the default XF install, I've upped it to 50K. Hope that helps and I've also upped the profile comment limit slightly higher then SB, as I noticed we had a bunch of comment splits when people were posting on SB, forcing them to use 2 or even 3 comments to get their point across.

Pretty cool. Who's recruiting for this site? I'm curious at who's getting the word out. :D
Nice. I'll go see if I have any more problems with updating my writing thread lol.

I felt so tired today, I could barely move my limbs. It felt like they were literally filled with lead. I tried going to McDonald's to get a coffee so I wouldn't pass out on the way home from work and run my truck off the road, but they were still closed ten minutes after opening time. Fuck everything.

*Drinks another vodka and tonic*
...No wonder you feel like shit. Why are you drinking so much when you're already drunk?

BWAHAHAHAH

I hast achieved a greater for of enlightenment in this electronic ocean after a score of fortnights no more am I shrouded in ignorance. My pupils have given me grave warning of this corrupted realm and begged me to abandon my endeavour. I said nay and soldiered on to this challenge. Braving the depths of the Nine Hells of Chaos was a monumental feat yet this task had me on the brink of dishonour. But Fear not as conquering this foreign citadel of hatred was never meant to be simple. Even when charlatan swindled my name I never falutered....

I merely begged my partner for assistance.

BUT NOW! I have a presence to make a foothold in the Citadel of Hatred known as tumblr.

NOTHING CAN STOP ME NOW!

Well I just found out that SV has ads, *actual* commercial ads visable for those who aren't members. I feel as though the carpet has been pulled from underneath my feet!
D:>
I discovered that when I was on my phone at McDonalds a month or two ago.

Last edited:
Well, I'm without a job (quit Walmart because I couldn't take it anymore), with very little money to my name, and my dad is hounding me to get a job... despite the fact that I can't whip up a job instantly. :\

Oh and due to me quitting my Walmart job after getting a strike on my record, I can't get UI.

Just spreading randomly. I clicked a link from somewhere that led me here, found out you were the founder and then signed up.

Sucks what happened at Spacebattles by the way. That was totally uncalled for.

BWAHAHAHAH

I hast achieved a greater for of enlightenment in this electronic ocean after a score of fortnights no more am I shrouded in ignorance. My pupils have given me grave warning of this corrupted realm and begged me to abandon my endeavour. I said nay and soldiered on to this challenge. Braving the depths of the Nine Hells of Chaos was a monumental feat yet this task had me on the brink of dishonour. But Fear not as conquering this foreign citadel of hatred was never meant to be simple. Even when charlatan swindled my name I never falutered....

I merely begged my partner for assistance.

BUT NOW! I have a presence to make a foothold in the Citadel of Hatred known as tumblr.

NOTHING CAN STOP ME NOW!
Wew, I'm reminded how boring all our lives must be.

Wew, I'm reminded how boring all our lives must be.

Worry not mortal, every brief spark of existence is a grand quest on its own right, look forth and venture to thy journey of this vast world and the netherlands beyond, go fly you fool.

Curses I the sequence of secret incantation runes required to open the portal to the Citadel of Hatred has been lost in my cognitive palace, I canne afford to use another secret name, time is required to delve deep into my mental labyrinthine to remember what was forgotten.

Back
Top Bottom