What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets Talk About Our Lives

My prediction for Germany in the coming months:

1632755715230.png

Well, it's finally happened. After two years of managing to avoid it... I've finally caught...

The cold.

Yeah. I somehow manage to avoid catching COVID for two years, never became ill and somehow ended up catching a weak cold again. For the record, I've done the tests and I'm clear of covid.

Phew.

Just gonna have to be careful over the next few days.

You might want to consider a : in there, with three other words. Maybe not a :, but some other set of words that provide more context for the potential reader of your book.

You want to communicate to the reader that your book is a post-apocalyptic action-adventure with werewolves. Nyulfur might sort of do it, depending on the reader - for me it's meaningless, just a neat sounding word that might be the name of a character or faction or nation or literally anything. It's a good sounding word, don't get me wrong. And it does sound kinda wolfy, though I may just think that because I've been following your progress. But I think that you want a couple more words that give an idea about the setting and feeling of the story - I'd make a suggestion, but I don't know enough about it to do that. Just a handful more words to communicate some aspect of what this is about. (Not Nyulfur: Future Apocalyse Werewolves though. That's a bad name. Of course, I'd have to eat crow if you named it that and it became successful.)

I heard a similar suggestion on SV. I admit I'm weary of using extra word for the title as I want to keep it one word. But it is something to consider.

Nyulfur: Project Chimera?
Nyulfur: Chimeran World?
Nyulfur: A New World?

Good thing it's just a cold, @StolenMadWolf, COVID reportedly sucks something fierce. As for your book, the first or second subtitles sound good to me.

A few days ago, I discovered that I had lost my facemask when I walked past it laying on the ground. Irritating, but at least I got it back.

Good thing it's just a cold, @StolenMadWolf, COVID reportedly sucks something fierce. As for your book, the first or second subtitles sound good to me.

A few days ago, I discovered that I had lost my facemask when I walked past it laying on the ground. Irritating, but at least I got it back.

Indeed, I imagine COVID would. I guess I dodged a bullet. I'll keep those subtitles in mind too.

Eh, we all misplace stuff from time to time.

So I got in a fight with my girlfriend.

It was about her wanting to buy something and that we meaning I should get a loan from the bank to get it. I strongly refused and told her if she waits 3 months I will put enough money away to buy it with cash.
She then said we shouldn't wait and if I don't want to take up a loan we can reach a compromise and pay half the price in a month and a half and pay the rest in installments.

I also vetoed that idea pointing out that even if the interest rates on the installments are low we would still be paying more for the thing.

It went on and she accused me of being pig-headed and afraid of commitment. Somehow not wanting to get a loan means I am afraid of commitment.
That comment got me thinking.
What I am afraid of is taking a loan because in my mind a loan equals debt. Debt in my mind is equal to a jail sentence. That idea comes from observing the mistakes of other people. 18 mounts tour of duty with the chain gang is not something I want for me.

Naturally, like an idiot, I did not communicate my reasoning and just accused her of planning to get rid of me.

So in an excellent example of how the two of us think alike, she started crying because she also jumped over a few steps and in her mind, I just said I am thinking of dumping her.
Then I said the dumbest thing ever:
"I will walk out that door never to see you again before I would ever raise my hand at you."
She looked at me with confusion and a hint of fear. I apologized to her and said I will be back in a few hours.

So I went out, walked around for a few hours, then got back, with a present, naturally. At that point, both of us calmed down, and I explained my train of thoughts about debt.
I also explained why I said what I did at the end. That I would rather lose what we have than to ever become someone she fears.
She called me an idiot and gave me a hug. I told her she shouldn't be hanging around idiots, she said it is a charity on her part and that no one, not even her is perfect.

So a happy ending, but it all started over a piece of furniture, admittedly a nice piece of furniture and sturdy enough that our grandchildren would be the ones throwing it away but still.

It happened 3 weeks ago but I am still thinking about it. And yes we are getting the thing in two months' time.

One of my neighbor's is playing Sinatra and some music from the 70s really loud and it's past 10 PM and I'm super angry at the moment. Now there blasting mariachi music.

One of my neighbor's is playing Sinatra and some music from the 70s really loud and it's past 10 PM and I'm super angry at the moment. Now there blasting mariachi music.
Cops and noise complaint? Ear plugs and death metal or at least some Sabaton/Doom on full blast? Gather neighbors and lynch the fool or threaten it?

You cannot understand a attempt at humor?
I do. But from personal experience, mods don't...

PS: calls for criminal actions are not protected under freedom of speech. I am just pointing out that putting what you just typed in writing is not the best idea to have. Even comedians put a hard stop on encouraging criminal action.
And those people make jokes about rape and people in ovens.

Last edited:

Now, it's obviously way to late to affect this particular instance, but my very-much-inside-the-box suggestion - that no one else has made for whatever reason - is to ask your neighbor to please turn it down.

Buy earplugs, It is cheaper.
That is what I did when I had very amorous neighbors.

That's a little different, though. I would not suggest going over while they're being noisy and ask them to please fuck quieter. Earplugs, headphones, turn up your own noise if you're not trying to sleep. They'll probably be done soon, in a way that a nighttime loud music session might not be.

Well, whilst still waiting on the latest replies/not replies on the novel and looking at details for the short story, I went for my first interview in over a year to work in a library. Not an ideal leap, but it would make a desperately needed change of pace.

That was about a week ago, then a few days later I got a call back with the library declaring that I was unsuccessful. When I inquired why, they were actually forthcoming...

They actually said I was a very good candidate... but they went for others because... *sigh* they had more experience in a library enviroment.

😡

Seriously, 'experience' is the single biggest thing that is stopping me from getting anywhere at the moment. How the flying fuck am I supposed to get experience if no one will fucking give me any!?

Society fucking sucks.

I went back to college to escape retail and now i am working at lowes doing more retail. And yeah how the fuck are you supposed to get experience if no one will let you in the field in the first place?

I went back to college to escape retail and now i am working at lowes doing more retail. And yeah how the fuck are you supposed to get experience if no one will let you in the field in the first place?
EXACTLY!
Lack of entry level jobs is insane. Everywhere.
Plus usually collage education is sadly divorced from reality of later potential jobs. As if only reason for their contined existance was to be a place for emeritus proffesors to earn some to their pensions and produce MORE papers.
Hell, even scripts are a thing of the past.

Yeah great i am 36 with experience in retail, warehouses, and a little security but i got a two year degree with a 3.8 GPA and two semesters with 4.0 some fucking how. So why is it so hard to find the next step of a job getting actual experience? Right now i am looking at another long termish plan of working my way up trying to get into a plant somewhere then maybe once inside then trying for a position. Despite the fact i have a degree and work experience that says i can hack the job right now. I am already used to working 10 to 12 hour shifts in shit conditions a plant cant be much worse.

Hey. I just found this propaganda piece from the ye olden days.

turkswfii9y61.jpg

wescu2eii9y61.jpg

g6n264eii9y61.jpg

jrcm81eii9y61.jpg

Anything you find interesting in that pamphlet? I really wonder what Dutch people think of the points this piece makes.

It is not like Indonesian rebels are good people, if there is never an oppressor and oppressed dynamic the original Indonesian government will be viewed less charitable than it is right now.

Seems how it usually works. Though the truth is also generally in between and utterly obscured by all sides as well.

So.

I had an accident 5 days ago and busted or rather hit my leg, my knee.

Today I got my MRI result and it turns out I got my *Checks directory* front cruciate ligament ripped and bruised my knee.

It will probably some time before I manage to get back at 100% although I hope I will be able to avoid surgery.

So.

I had an accident 5 days ago and busted or rather hit my leg, my knee.

Today I got my MRI result and it turns out I got my *Checks directory* front cruciate ligament ripped and bruised my knee.

It will probably some time before I manage to get back at 100% although I hope I will be able to avoid surgery.

It does not heal by itself - it has no blood supply. Usually is recomended if you are living an active lifestyle or do some sports, but that is bullshit. If there is treatment, take it, surgery included and then rehabilitation. Tell your doctor you want to get back to maximum performance and what he recomends.
Take the treatment, even surgery, becouse if you don't it will bite you later when you get old. And I presume you do not want to have immobilised knee later . . .

It does not heal by itself - it has no blood supply. Usually is recomended if you are living an active lifestyle or do some sports, but that is bullshit. If there is treatment, take it, surgery included and then rehabilitation. Tell your doctor you want to get back to maximum performance and what he recomends.
Take the treatment, even surgery, becouse if you don't it will bite you later when you get old. And I presume you do not want to have immobilised knee later . . .

Yea I know. I will see the doctor tommorow and will discuss options

Back
Top Bottom