What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets Talk About Our Lives

*Blinks*

You joined an online dating app in order to *reduce* your stress!?

The fuck you do in real life that dating is seen as a bloody destressor!?
In real life I an too focused at work. I am a workaholic . It's pretty nice to have a gf you know. My mother wants a grandchildren so yeah. But I already have one match so wish me luck on that.

In real life I an too focused at work. I am a workaholic . It's pretty nice to have a gf you know. My mother wants a grandchildren so yeah. But I already have one match so wish me luck on that.

Oh.

Well. Good luck!

Just make certain, if you hit it off with whoever you find, to give them the time they deserve because relationships,serious ones, mean commitment.

Commitment that will be hard to respond to if you are working or too tired from work all the time.

So yae good luck and try to reduce your workhours or the ease with which your boses feel they can lean on you.

Oh.

Well. Good luck!

Just make certain, if you hit it off with whoever you find, to give them the time they deserve because relationships,serious ones, mean commitment.

Commitment that will be hard to respond to if you are working or too tired from work all the time.

So yae good luck and try to reduce your workhours or the ease with which your boses feel they can lean on you.
Thanks for the advice. I was planning to take a break from my main job and focused to help my cousin (she is an advocate) for several months. There is no big project recently in my office due to covid so I think my boss will allowed it. Yeah I should spend less time on work and focused more on my personal life

So does my father and I'm almost 40 and still single. Most important, I am content with being an old bachelor.

No thank you, I am quite content where I am
I am respected your decision. IA lot of my friend doesn't want to married but they were forced to married and most of them were divorced after one or two years of marriage. But for me I can't lives alone. I must find my wingman for the rest of my life.

Yep, and 3 nephews. Should be enough to perpetuate our genes for now.

I know a guy whose mom was definitely the 'I want some grandkids!' type. Took some of the heat off of him when his sister got pregnant. Your parents have three, so they should be fine (although with the predilection for a large family, your parents may well prefer to have like, 15-20 grandkids. I don't know though, I'm just making an assumption.)

My own parents, if they want grandkids (and they probably do), are at least quiet about it. I'm in my late thirties, as is my only sibling, and neither of us are even married.

I know a guy whose mom was definitely the 'I want some grandkids!' type. Took some of the heat off of him when his sister got pregnant. Your parents have three, so they should be fine (although with the predilection for a large family, your parents may well prefer to have like, 15-20 grandkids. I don't know though, I'm just making an assumption.)

My own parents, if they want grandkids (and they probably do), are at least quiet about it. I'm in my late thirties, as is my only sibling, and neither of us are even married.
Parent is like that. They want us to have the same feeling when they have us. That's why I can understand why there is so many parent that want their kids to married and having their own child.

Parent is like that. They want us to have the same feeling when they have us. That's why I can understand why there is so many parent that want their kids to married and having their own child.
More basic than that, I think, is just biology. The purpose of organisms is to successfully reproduce. Which means not only must they have offspring, but to be successful their offspring must themselves produce offspring in turn. Which means that, evolutionarily speaking, a person hasn't fulfilled their biological purpose until they get some damn grandchildren. And that's why parents pester their kids to make fresh kids.

Well, I sent off my first follow up regarding the novel to an writing agency a couple of nights ago, but I haven't heard anything back from them yet. Just hoping I hear something from them soon. In the meanwhile, I'm still looking at my existing materials, novel-wise and short story wise.

That being said, thing's aren't doing that great. I've got a lot snappier and prone to anger as of late. I didn't want to admit it, but I feel like that I need a new job, as the current one is now starting to not only become even less furfilling as of late, but I'm getting fed up of dealing with the ignorance of other people who treat people in my position like crap. The basic plan is to get the novel out so I can focus on writing proper. However, given how slow the whole thing is at the moment, I might start looking for another job.

The problem there is, frankly, I've have had enough of working in the service sector. I am not leaving the job I'm currently doing now only to end up doing the same kind of shitty job with a different company. That means going into a field which I know I'm going to have to fight tooth and nail to get into.

And if the book doesn't take off... welp, I'm going to have to explain to my family how I'll apply for military service. Feelings on the matter be damned. I said it before, but I'll be damned if I work in a shop for the rest of my life. Getting shot at would be preferable. Hell, being dead would be more preferable than living as a failure and deadbeat waste of space.

I'm joking on that last one, don't worry. But it kinda makes my point.

It doesn't help I've had a little bit of an epithany earlier today when I was in a more foul mood... and a particularly dark one at that which could explain alot, even if it makes me rather uncomfortable. I still have to kinda work that one out on way or another. If I feel up to explaining that one, I will.

Oh, and I'm working over the bulk of Easter. Great.

Uh.

You do realise military life is 95% miserable drudgery, pointless makework, conforming to sometimes ludicrous rules while being prone to being arbitarily punished WITHOUT the option to just quit whenever you feel like?

For the grunts at least and just slightly less so for the officers.

All that the peculiar particulars of military interpersonal relations aside.

I mean if you want to join the military solely because you are sick and tired of the assholes in your life just... Don't.

Because it involves a whole lot more asshole with the side bonus of said assholes being able to legaly order you around.

Uh.

You do realise military life is 95% miserable drudgery, pointless makework, conforming to sometimes ludicrous rules while being prone to being arbitarily punished WITHOUT the option to just quit whenever you feel like?

I mean if you want to join the military solely because you are sick and tired of the assholes in your life just... Don't.

Because it involves a whole lot more asshole with the side bonus of said assholes being able to legaly order you around.

Well, being able to do something more furfilling in military service makes dealing with said assholes far more preferable than being in a shop forever.

I would only join anyway if I was out of options.

Uh.

Same as the Police Force. My father always said that I shouldn't joined the Police Forces. Too much of burden and pressure.

So today my dad take me to the shooting range. He takes me to fired his Beretta and his Glock and meet some of his friends in the force. I prefer Beretta than Glock but it just my personal opinion

So today my dad take me to the shooting range. He takes me to fired his Beretta and his Glock and meet some of his friends in the force. I prefer Beretta than Glock but it just my personal opinion

UGH!

On one hand, I'm happy of the strict gun control in Indonesia. But I really, REALLY want to fire a gun, just any gun.

I really want that experience in my life.

UGH!

On one hand, I'm happy of the strict gun control in Indonesia. But I really, REALLY want to fire a gun, just any gun.

I really want that experience in my life.
Maybe joined a shooting club? I mean airsoft gun is a good step. My Dad is on the force and he is a Perbakin member so he have some guns. But for beginner like you airsoft guns is good enough. And guns is expensive so better started saving if you want to have one

Maybe joined a shooting club? I mean airsoft gun is a good step. My Dad is on the force and he is a Perbakin member so he have some guns. But for beginner like you airsoft guns is good enough. And guns is expensive so better started saving if you want to have one

Maybe. Airsoft is kinda okay, but I rly want to go for the real thing immediately. No kiddie gloves.

Maybe. Airsoft is kinda okay, but I rly want to go for the real thing immediately. No kiddie gloves.
You wanna immediately become a man. I suggest started it slowly. Glock will be a good beginner picks due to it's lighter than Beretta. But if you can mastered Beretta than you can mastered any handguns

Back
Top Bottom