What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets Talk About Our Lives

I went to an intense counseling session. Got lost along the way, bought a candy at Rite Aid and got water and snacks and talking about my deepest feels and traumas.

I hate going to a new therapist and talking about my traumas I always feel horrible about them no matter how many time i talk about it.

I hate going to a new therapist and talking about my traumas I always feel horrible about them no matter how many time i talk about it.
In a way I feel freer otherwise it's kinda sad. Sometimes we laugh. It's a real mixed bag. ^_^;

Wondering whether applying for jobs in Jakarta is a good idea.

Hey, @Jakarta what do you think? :p

Wondering whether applying for jobs in Jakarta is a good idea.

Hey, @Jakarta what do you think? :p

You have the connections? Jakarta can be a pretty ruthless place if you don't know what you're doing.

Do well and... well, you see those skyscrapers. Those aren't for show.

You have the connections? Jakarta can be a pretty ruthless place if you don't know what you're doing.
... nope.

Or well, I maybe do some, but I'm reluctant to ask.
Do well and... well, you see those skyscrapers. Those aren't for show.
Eh, something low but looks like Google HQ is more appealing :p

I'm worried mostly about heat, traffic jam, air pollution, and living cost. In ascending order of importance. All things my brother recommend against working in Jakarta Area. On the other hand, that's the place where there is most vacancies... I guess I understand now why humans flock to Jakarta like human flood.

... nope.

Or well, I maybe do some, but I'm reluctant to ask.

Maybe an S2 or S3 as well as relevant job experience could work on Jakarta. My parents told me Bachelors won't cut it anymore in the job market. At least for the job market that pays well.

But honestly, consult your IRL people than me, I'm in the US right now and I haven't hold a permanent job ever in my life. Y'know how middle class Indo parents fare like.

Eh, something low but looks like Google HQ is more appealing :p

I'm worried mostly about heat, traffic jam, air pollution, and living cost. In ascending order of importance. All things my brother recommend against working in Jakarta Area. On the other hand, that's the place where there is most vacancies... I guess I understand now why humans flock to Jakarta like human flood.

Ohhh fancy, you work on IT or something?

As for the issues you listed. Heat is not an issue if you're in a mall, or in a park. I personally prefer malls (It's nowhere are expensive as you might think, you can just enter in a mall like Pacific Place or Senayan City by foot with no extra cost, and a cheap ticket price if you enter by car, food's inexpensive too as long as you don't go all luxury food and stuff, and that's not even mentioning malls like ITC which is cheap central), as for traffic jams, well, there's gojek and the busway, which has a pretty extensive line nowdays. It's still good to own a car or a motorbike, but with MRT, Buses, and Gojek, you can get by without it.
peta-transjakarta-busway-juli-2014r.jpg

Air pollution is overrated from my experience, as long as you live in the 'suburban' area of Jakarta, you won't find any issues. You stand in Sudirman or Mega Kuningan all day, then you might encounter breathing problems long term. As for living cost, well. What's your budget? Houses can range from 500 Million to 6 Billion Rupiah. It all depends on what house you're looking for. My family's house costed 1 Billion something last time I recall, and that's in a suburban area right outside of the city.

Last edited:
I posted in a subject about websites about my life stuffs oops. What I wanna say here: I keep trying to set up caregivers to take me to appointments that I really need and they rarely come through. My original caregiver was so nice and mature and she just quit on me. Now I'm back to temporaries only. :(
It's unfortunate how difficult it can be to find reliable positive caregivers. I've known a lot of people in the business and that require services and individuals with certain mental conditions get the short end of the stick becouse they're not as able to advocate for themselves.

I just realized that I might have extremely acute synathesia. Like, its nothing big, its just that some words look purple sometimes, I didn't dawn on me until now that it might be my perception, and not the actual thing that was colored purple.
What words are purple? It has a more rounded sound so I'd imagine words like zipper and facts aren't colored?

I have encountered a Moose.

Attachments

• Moose.jpg
    Moose.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 4
went to Canada, bucket list was to see a Moose, and here you get to see one, i am jealous.
Buckets are not well suited for writing lists, perhaps you would see more moose if you wrote on high quality parchment. I recommend the hide of Moose. That animal depicted above is going to make fine stationery once he has been properly skinned and butchered. I think I shell use him to write haiku about the joys of hunting.

Last edited:
Buckets are not good for writing lists, perhaps you would see more moose if you wrote on high quality parchment. I recommend the hide of Moose. That animal depicted above is going to make fine stationery once he has been properly skinned and butchered. I think I shell use him to write haiku about the joys of hunting.
Moose Meat, also on my bucket list when i was in Canada, did not eat it tough.

Moose Meat, also on my bucket list when i was in Canada, did not eat it tough.
Moose is like beef, but with a distinctly gamey aftertaste that sticks around your mouth somewhat like artificial sugar substitute, though it is not nearly as bad as said sugar substitute.

You minimize this gamey taste by taking your moose earlier in the years, like the above fellow. I've named him Tasty.

I like to blend my game with beef and fats to make it stretch while maintaining the flavor of the beef.

Moose is like beef, but with a distinctly gamey aftertaste that sticks around your mouth somewhat like artificial sugar substitute, though it is not nearly as bad as said sugar substitute.

You minimize this gamey taste by taking your moose earlier in the years, like the above fellow. I've named him Tasty.

I like to blend my game with beef and fats to make it stretch while maintaining the flavor of the beef.

Kinda like deer then.

Maybe an S2 or S3 as well as relevant job experience could work on Jakarta. My parents told me Bachelors won't cut it anymore in the job market. At least for the job market that pays well.
I have Master but not job experience
But honestly, consult your IRL people than me, I'm in the US right now and I haven't hold a permanent job ever in my life. Y'know how middle class Indo parents fare like.
I know. I just got the idea to ask you while typing the post above, coz why not. One more input couldn't hurt.

Of IR people, Eldest brother say I shouldn't. Mother doesn't seem to have strong opinion either way. mmm, maybe I would ask some friends in the coming days.
Ohhh fancy, you work on IT or something?
Just gettting into the industry. Alternatively I'm looking for education career.
As for the issues you listed. Heat is not an issue if you're in a mall, or in a park. I personally prefer malls (It's nowhere are expensive as you might think, you can just enter in a mall like Pacific Place or Senayan City by foot with no extra cost, and a cheap ticket price if you enter by car, food's inexpensive too as long as you don't go all luxury food and stuff, and that's not even mentioning malls like ITC which is cheap central), as for traffic jams, well, there's gojek and the busway, which has a pretty extensive line nowdays. It's still good to own a car or a motorbike, but with MRT, Buses, and Gojek, you can get by without it.
*informative rating*
Air pollution is overrated from my experience, as long as you live in the 'suburban' area of Jakarta, you won't find any issues. You stand in Sudirman or Mega Kuningan all day, then you might encounter breathing problems long term.
Eldest brother have a number of reasons to recommend against Jakarta, but air pollution is one of them. Well, it's probably related that he's currently lived in Cali, USA, but it's not like it isn't a point.
As for living cost, well. What's your budget? Houses can range from 500 Million to 6 Billion Rupiah. It all depends on what house you're looking for. My family's house costed 1 Billion something last time I recall, and that's in a suburban area right outside of the city.
Not housing cost, but living cost per month. Well, rent is going to be part of living cost (there's no way I'm going to buy a house in Jakarta).

Since Jakarta have the biggest living cost compared to anywhere else, that means I have effectively less salary working in Jakarta. And speaking about housing, in Bandung currently I'm staying with my mother. (Renting, but there's possibility of buying house sometime near). So, that means staying in this city will reduce quite significantly on expenditure, family-wide. Thus increasing the demerit of living in Jakarta area, living cost-wise.

Hmmmmm. Well I guess I could be patient and see the job market here for some months. Economically, I am in no pressure to get job instantly. Pride-wise, well, that's another matter. But I guess as long I'm finding something productive to do in the interim...

I have Master but not job experience

Oh, interesting.

*prepares for @Salbazier to become homeless in Jakarta* /s

Just gettting into the industry. Alternatively I'm looking for education career.

Oh, good luck then!

Not housing cost, but living cost per month. Well, rent is going to be part of living cost (there's no way I'm going to buy a house in Jakarta).

Since Jakarta have the biggest living cost compared to anywhere else, that means I have effectively less salary working in Jakarta. And speaking about housing, in Bandung currently I'm staying with my mother. (Renting, but there's possibility of buying house sometime near). So, that means staying in this city will reduce quite significantly on expenditure, family-wide. Thus increasing the demerit of living in Jakarta area, living cost-wise.

Hmmmmm. Well I guess I could be patient and see the job market here for some months. Economically, I am in no pressure to get job instantly. Pride-wise, well, that's another matter. But I guess as long I'm finding something productive to do in the interim...

Food, well, warung is a pretty inexpensive option, but if you want some more fancy options, as in dine in restaurants, it can cost 50.000-200.000 per meal. For foodstuffs, well, not really sure about Bandung, but here's the average list. Mind you, there's also the pasar tradisional option if you want even cheaper options (which there are plenty in Jakarta still).

Really, as long as you don't dine in fancy restaurants 24/7, and the job you have isn't something horrible like, a latrine cleaner, or a dock handler, you'll be fine.

Eldest brother have a number of reasons to recommend against Jakarta, but air pollution is one of them. Well, it's probably related that he's currently lived in Cali, USA, but it's not like it isn't a point.

Living in SoCal for a while, it's... not bad honestly from my own experience, Alhambra, Downtown LA, and Santa Monica are all nice enough to live in if you have the money. And I stayed there in the summer. So it should be the worst in the smog season.

Back
Top Bottom