What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets Talk About Our Lives

My Steam Link came into day. I set it up in the living room. The cat 7 ethernet cable that's long enough to go to the router won't be in until tomorrow so it's running over 5G wireless at the moment.. I found out that the Xbox S One Wireless controller I had would not sync properly with the Steam Link. It turns out it needed a firmware update. The problem with this was that the XBox Acessories App for updating Xbox controllers with the PC does not work properly and I don't have an Xbox One, meaning I couldn't perform the update at home. I ended up texting my sister since she has an XBox One S and heading over to her house to perform the update which was a thirty minute drive and then a thirty minute drive back. The update took less than ten minutes, but now the controller works with my Steam Link.

Apparently the inability to properly update via PC has been an issue for awhile and Microsoft hasn't fixed it. I'm just glad I knew someone that had an XBox I could use for a few minutes.

Apart from this I'm doing chores today.

Pesto Pasta is god's gift to this world.

I still have the memories in all of yesterday. Hmmmmm.

Well, one job prospect is out of my immediate reach due to the manager loosing my phone number, but sometime next week I appears that I have a Dairy Queen interview! HAZZA!

Yesterday's was graduation ceremony.
Or should that be post-graduation? But that doesn't make sense either...
Inauguration?

Anyway, congratulation to me, I am now officially a NEET! And now to stop being one...

Yesterday's was graduation ceremony.
Or should that be post-graduation? But that doesn't make sense either...
Inauguration?

Anyway, congratulation to me, I am now officially a NEET! And now to stop being one...
Neets are good, they post here loads :D

I forgot to take my meds for the past two days and not only do I have some anxiety and brain zaps from that, I'm feeling tired and I get upset over small things (I'm dealing with it at the moment by having a few beers, but I'll take my prescribed benzo when that feels like it's wearing off, my medications take several hours to kick in after I forget them), but I'm having minor auditory hallucinations and my HPPD is acting up which mostly causes color/contrast distortion, visual static, and trails behind objects. I have had HPPD for years due to using hallucinogens a bit too much (Haven't used them really since I went on my medications because mixing serotonergic hallucinogens with my antidepressant would be potentially and unpleasantly fatal from Serotonin Syndrome) and it tends to act up if I use certain drugs or go off my medications. As for the hallucination thing, I'm on an antidepressant, antipsychotic, and mood stabilizer and experience minor auditory hallucinations if I go off them for too long which was not an original symptom before I started taking my medications (it's like hearing a crowd of people talking indistinctly in the next room or next to me and occasionally it feels threatening). I've discussed it with my doctor before that I get auditory hallucinations and problems with my HPPD if I skip a day or two. She came to the conclusion that's it's just a discontinuation/rebound symptom.

This is the kind of thing that makes me feel like an addict with my medications. Going off them makes me feel worse than before I started taking them.
I just realized that I might have extremely acute synathesia. Like, its nothing big, its just that some words look purple sometimes, I didn't dawn on me until now that it might be my perception, and not the actual thing that was colored purple.
I'm just curious, is it normal for people to not realize this because it seems like people with synathasia would realize early on that their perceptions do not match up to other people's.
I said I wanna kill myself so they give me my meds now.
You have my sympathy, I've had certain meds taken away too due to suicidal planning and stockpiling.

Last edited:
*hugs lots*

You should ask Aleh about how stupid people can be one of these days if you want to lose all remaining faith in humanity.

I was in that thread, it really only confirmed to me what I already knew the school system hates people with disabilities.

thats not even getting into how school handled my paranoia, I suffer audio, visual hallucinations and I hear voices, I pray to the gods that none of the people that did shit to me because of that ever come face to face with me. Teachers really should have more training for kids with mental affects. my teachers were no help.

Speaking of my in-laws have someone that is quitting teaching, I was there for the whole thing, it really just makes me sad its been 6 years since I left the school system and it seems it has changed not at all. she quit as she was just done with as a special ed teacher none of the teachers are the school listened to a god damn word she said.

also one of my close friends is spending the week with me because his boyfriend was found out to be a fucking Pozzie and in the pozzie scene nasty bunch that lot they broke up so yay thats fun

also one of my close friends is spending the week with me because his boyfriend was found out to be a fucking Pozzie and in the pozzie scene nasty bunch that lot they broke up so yay thats fun
Had to look up what a pozzie was... probably a good thing I'd read about it before, because the definition of "someone who is HIV positive" jogged my memory so that I remembered the optional "and likes to infect others with HIV too". If your friend's now-ex-boyfriend was one of those... yeah, it was for the best they broke up.

As for my own life, the summer class I'm taking is a little behind schedule. Not that I mind overmuch, since it means the homework due dates get pushed back so I have more time to do all the fucking proofs the instructor wants.

Edit: Damn that was a fast like, Horton.

Had to look up what a pozzie was... probably a good thing I'd read about it before, because the definition of "someone who is HIV positive" jogged my memory so that I remembered the optional "and likes to infect others with HIV too". If your friend's now-ex-boyfriend was one of those... yeah, it was for the best they broke up.

As for my own life, the summer class I'm taking is a little behind schedule. Not that I mind overmuch, since it means the homework due dates get pushed back so I have more time to do all the fucking proofs the instructor wants.

Edit: Damn that was a fast like, Horton.

The Pozzie scene are one of the few leftovers from the 80's and 90's gay community and its not as big or even known as it used to be. My friend was pretty sexually active, he has not been taking it well that his boyfriend of 14 months was a pozzie its uh not been good. we went to the movies and did a triple feature to try to get his mind off it, its certainly not a good thing to see someone that is pretty much a drag queen level personality go full on depression overnight. especially your best friend.

Back
Top Bottom