What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets Talk About Our Lives

Ugh

I wanna post more on this site, but It's literally finals week here.

I feel bad, since I wanna play a part in making the site more active.

Ugh

I wanna post more on this site, but It's literally finals week here.

I feel bad, since I wanna play a part in making the site more active.
Well you'll have free time once final weeks are over. Also being reminded of finals week makes me glad I got my degree and done with college.

Eh this here forum has always been mainly about SB/SV banned/rejects/outcasts and people that still want to be in touch with them gather and bitch an whine about the unfairness of it all?

Been there, done that but in the end FiC is not SB, the banned/outcasts slowly drift away, the owner is nowhere to be seen for months now...

Well I will keep hanging and lurking around.

Anyone else annoyed by being labeled the family tech support and then said family getting pissed off when you don't want to work on something or are annoyed at their lack of basic tech knowledge?

Just tonight I have the parent Iive with getting pissed off because they "sometimes want to use a normal remote" and don't want to use the Chromecast when they have a smart phone so they want me to setup an extra device for this then getting mad when I can't do this in five minutes and don't see the point in doing it in the first place.

Other times I've been yelled at because I was the last one working with something so it must be my fault it's not working later on.

I'm really annoyed with people that get mad when tech doesn't work exactly as they want it to and can't do basic troubleshooting or otherwise accept there are limits to tech.

I'm not an expert or professional. I just got saddled with this because I'm seemingly the only one in the family who bothers to learn anything about tech beyond the simple things and realizes sometimes it will not work perfectly and you have to troubleshoot.

I kinda want to read all of it. Like from start to finish. @t-dugong, @razer666L, should I do it?

If you feel like it, do it.

One thing though, don't treat it (the experience) like reading a book. A lot of people did the same and found it a very dry and difficult to finish book.

Treat it more chapter to chapter. Read one chapter, digest it and then you move on.

Why Eddie Murphy's voice?

You know...that little dragon from Mulan?

tenor.gif

This scene here....

Just watched Netflix's The King.

It's good

The mice keep on being a nuisance and have rendered the pantry pretty much unusable. I saw two today when I peeked inside. I tried to put our cat there in hopes that she kills at least one of those two fuckers when I managed to see one in a relatively open position but it was too late. I can't keep the cat there for long in such a space and I am not sure how well she could catch the mice outside of the open area, a lot of hiding places, various items and such, she should be able to climb the shelves but we would need to clean up the anti-mouse stuff before we let her there.

I might try using the cat more actively (once we clean up), we usually leave her outside (except for nights). This has been allowed to go on for far too long.

Grandmother hates the idea of having her inside but she should tolerate it if we put her on mice patrol. And it is winter anyway so it gives me excuse to put her inside (the house) when she doesn't want to go outside. I really don't like the idea of keeping her locked in the basement for large portion of the day, it is fairy large (2 rooms one hallway) even has windows on top because it is only partially underground but that is no place to keep a cat for long stretches of time.

We did try using her once before but without much success. A more long-term and strategic approach will be needed.

But then we will need to deal with the source of mice, we can't use the cat every time there is a mouse problem inside the pantry, especially if we put the items back. That is another kettle of fish.

Back
Top Bottom