What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's Make an Imperial Guard Regiment

Lord Inquisitor Adornable

The Community Outreach Mod
Not necessarily a Quest, but I think it's going to be fun regardless and hey, We'll see where this goes.

Step One: Primary Enemy Tyranids: Our Regiment has been raised among many from a hundred worlds to fight the unstoppable tides of a Tyranid hive fleet along with several space marine chapters and the Mighty Death Watch Marines of the Order Xenos.

Step Two: Secondary Enemy: Orks: The remnants of an OrK Waaagh persist as Orks do in spite of their warchief's defeat and the back of their war machine being broke by the imperial hammer. Whether their presence proves beneficial or detrimental to the defense of the imperium has yet to be seen.

Step Three: Regiment Homeworld: Death World: Our Regiments Homeworld is an inhospitable planet deemed too dangerous for colonization. From the moment we were born we had to fight to survive in a land bent on our annihilation, we endured though, and grew strong. We make up the fiercest guardsmen in the Imperum and the Emperor's enemies are childsplay compared to what we fought everyday.

Exactly why our world is so dangerous will be decided in a later step (Everything from Hyper Lethal Jungle world, to nuclear winter wasteland apocalypse planet), for now just understand that the environment has been a far more lethal foe then many threats the Emperor will send us to face.

Step Four: Homeworld Terrain Earthlike: Our planet is a diverse grabbag of different flavors of deadly, as a result we don't specialize quite as much as other death world regiments, but are more ready for unorthodox assignments.

Step Five: Regiment enlistment Criteria: The Best of the Best: The top 1% of our Planetary Defense Force is drafted into the guard.

Step Six: Regiment Commander: Vigilant: The regiment's commander is always on the lookout for traps and ambushes. He makes sure we're always prepared for the worst.

Step Seven: Regiment Loyalty: Fanatical: there is no remorse, no retreat, no fear.

Step Eight: Regiment Type: Mechanized Infantry: Less Common than line infantry, mechanised infantry serve as a fast-moving, hard hitting force, pairing the utility of infantry with the speed and firepower of armoured vehicles. Each Squad come equipped with a Chimera Transport.

Step Nine: Regiment Training Doctrine
Sharpshooters: The regiment has a well-earned reputation for producing deadly marksmen, and every soldier is expected to be able to demonstrate great proficiency with a lasgun at the very last. Such regiments commonly produce some of the finest snipers in the Imperial Guard, and even the common soldiers can be relied upon to fell foe after foe with a storm of precise shots.
Skirmishers: Typically mounted on small fierce, agile creatures (we're mounted in metal boxes, but that'll do). Some regiments are specialized i using cover, terrain, weather, and darkness to shround their movements. Skirmishers are trained to use every advantage to stealthily approach their quarry then overwhelm them in a single cascading assault. Once they strike, they disappear as quickly as they arrived, leaving shattered and confused enemy troops in their wake.

Step Ten: Regiment Signature Weapons: Mortars, Heavy Bolters.

Last edited:
Everyone vote Tau. We need to stomp out the commies.
If you would like to stomp out the Commies voting Tau would be advisable.

Well it Doesn't look like We'll be getting any new votes soon. I'd allow you all to recast know how many of you there are, we might just force a tie.

So Tyranids it is!

I get to work on Phase two asap!

Step Two: Secondary Enemy
  1. Cult: The Inquisition suspects this Hives Feel wasn't drawn here by chance. We've been told not to trust the locals becouse of a potential Genestealer Cult. Perhaps we're not even here to combat the hive feel, but instead root out what's drawing them here. We'll see.
  2. Orks: The remnants of an OrK Waaagh persist as Orks do in spite of their warchief's defeat and the back of their war machine being broke by the imperial hammer. Whether their presence proves beneficial or detrimental to the defense of the imperium has yet to be seen.
  3. Eldar: The deceitful Eldar have been a nuisance throughout the subsector for ages, but as the hive fleet approaches they have yet to turn tale and run from such a threat, but instead have become ever more daring and active in their raids.
  4. Ancient Machines: Mechanicus excavations on the frozen frontier world of Phrigus V have gone silent, this is especially alarming because Phrigus V is to be built up as a key fortrus world to hold back the Hive Fleet.
Step two is live, vote now!

[x]Orks.

"These people mean to harm us and I have heard they are merciless on the battlefield. After our primary enemy is taken care of we should focus on their impending war."

I'm calling Orks, sorry Sarcobite. I may of waited a bit longer for Heretek Acolyte to vote, but he wanted Orks for the primary enemy. So I don't think he'd be too opposed if we went that direction now.

[x]Orks.

"These people mean to harm us and I have heard they are merciless on the battlefield. After our primary enemy is taken care of we should focus on their impending war."
Vote Eldar. There women may be hot, but by the Emperoer are they insufferably arrogant.
Secondary: Orks.

Next vote stage is live, I've included the next two stages for reference, you can choose what these planets look like and how exactly the regiment was drawn from the populus you select here. As well as other contextual options like the particular era of technology for the Primitive World.
Step Three: Regiment Homeworld (ranked in rough order of how well the environment preppers guardsmen for duty, but not at all necessarily representative of our Regiment, we could be an exception in either direction.)

Primitive World: Our Regiment's homeworld is pre Electrical if not pre industrial and lacks many of the qualities that make it desirable to the Emporium at large. We do posses manpower though and the Tithes don't care if it's guardsmen can read, much less understand the function of their requirement. A primitive would could be anything from stone age tribes to victorian era empires.

Agri-World: Our Regiment hail from a humble Agriworld of the Imperium. We may be a simple people, leading simple, but important lives on some of the safest worlds in the galaxy, but we're guardsmen now, and we stand toe to toe with any of the Emperors enemies like the best of them.

Imperial World: Our Regiment's Homeword is much like the Earth of the 2nd Millennium. We grew up lived comfortable sheltered lives (by imperial standards), and then enlisted.

Hive World: Our Regiment's Homeworld is covered in sprawling Hive Cities of billions of humans, and we lead somewhat normal lives among the towering spires. Depending on our recruitment (Step 5) we may of been convicted criminals, shanghai'd gang members, or just simple citizens choosing to see the worlds.

Voidborn: Our Regiment wasn't raised on a planet, we weren't raised on a planet either. Our people have lived our entire lives aboard the giant behemoth warp vessels of the Imperium, few can match our close quarters combat skills, or ability to operate in the cold vacuum of space.

Frontier World: Our Regiment was raised on a hardy Frontier world (not quite a death world, but still impressive), recently conquered by the Imperium, We've all known our grandparents and great grandparents as victorious Heroes of the Imperium who chose to settle a new world after their Crusade came to an end instead of returning home. We seek to honor their legacy and prove ourselves as loyal servants to the Emperor.

Penal Colony: Our Ancestors were shipped to this world rough dangerous world as a prisoner Colony, as a result we have much to prove to the imperium at large, and are perceived as liars and thieves, (That may be true, but still).

Shrine World: We are a pious people from a world graced by the presents of a holy artifact of our Imperium. We've been raised all our lives to seek to serve our Emperor. Now is our chance to give him the greatest of gifts.

Forge World: Though Forge Worlds are rarely Tithed in soldiers, it has happened especially in circumstances such as this. Our Regiment Hails from a great Forge World of the Imperium, there our society revolves around building and maintaining the great war machines of the Imperium with machine like efficiently and precision. We all worked in the factories from a young age and were selected for the guard because of our aptitude for war (that's actually negotiable, we can choose the specific enlistment criteria in a later step)

Fortress World: Our Regiments Homeworld has stood as a mighty fortress of the Imperium for millennia. Besieged on all side by the heretic, the mutant, and the Xeno. We were taught to field strip a las gun before we could walk; to fire at bullseye precision at 100 yards before we could read; to kill before we could love. This is the brutal disciplined life of a Fortress World, every man woman, and child is a soldier first, and anything else second.

Death World: Our Regiments Homeworld is an inhospitable planet deemed too dangerous for colonization. From the moment we were born we had to fight to survive in a land bent on our annihilation, we endured though, and grew strong. We make up the fiercest guardsmen in the Imperum and the Emperor's enemies are childsplay compared to what we fought everyday.

Exactly why our world is so dangerous will be decided in a later step (Everything from Hyper Lethal Jungle world, to nuclear winter wasteland apocalypse planet), for now just understand that the environment has been a far more lethal foe then many threats the Emperor will send us to face.

Schola Progenium: For whatever reason as infants, children, teens, or even young adults on occasion we found ourselves being taken as wards by the Schola Progenium on Terra and undergoing Extreme decades long intensive training by the most instructors in the galaxy in all of the most lethal environments in the Imperium, and genetic enhancement and psycho indoctrination to become the Elite StormTrooper Regiments of the imperium.

Lord Inquisitor Rush said:
[x]Hive World: Our Regiment's Homeworld is covered in sprawling Hive Cities of billions of humans, and we lead somewhat normal lives among the towering spires. Depending on our recruitment (Step 5) we may of been convicted criminals, shanghai'd gang members, or just simple citizens choosing to see the worlds.
"I am a former criminal convicted of selling her body and sought the Imperium's Guardswoman training as a way out of my nowhere existence. I don't wanna be a jail bird. I'd rather be a soldier." She says nervously. Hoping the others don't judge her too harshly.

Last edited:
Lord Inquisitor Rush said:
[x]Death World: Our Regiments Homeworld is an inhospitable planet deemed too dangerous for colonization. From the moment we were born we had to fight to survive in a land bent on our annihilation, we endured though, and grew strong. We make up the fiercest guardsmen in the Imperum and the Emperor's enemies are childsplay compared to what we fought everyday.

"I am an elite soldier trained primarily in sniping. I came from an inhospitable planet that wanna have me dead everyday. I don't care about dying myself. Let our enemies come and meet my laser sniper." She said coldly.

We'll go death World.

I'd love to have more people involved in the vote and would like to wait to get the vote out there, but Sarcobite's been itching to win one of these steps. I'll indulge him.

Step Four: Homeworld Terrain
Jungle: Like the jungle world of Catachan (which it quite possibly is at this point). Our regiments home world is a humad hell hole full of poisonous creatures and plants. Everything from the grass to the air to the velociraptors wants to kill you.
Desert: Our regiments homeworld is an in hospital desert. during the day the temperature never drops below 100 degrees fahrenheit and rarely is it within 10 degrees of that. At night the temperature drops below freezing, often zero. These harsh conditions combined with the limited resources of our world has served as a furness to shape us into the best desert fighters in the imperium.
Arctic: Our people understand the cold like no other. Our world is just warm enough to permit an equatorial ocean capable of producing oxygen. Everywhere else on the planet the temperature never rises above freezing and winters of -130 are not unheard of.
Ocean: Our world has few landmasses, the vast majority of our population survive on massive moving vessels, much like Imperial space vessels. beneath the depths lurk dark and eldritch creatures who will not rest till we're utterly exterminated. they sneak onto land and steal our children, kill our fathers, and infect our women with their vial eggs that take root in their wombs and eat them from the inside out. This hard world has made us the best amphibus guardsmen of the imperium.
Wasteland: Our world was decimated by nuclear fire long ago and the radiation still scares our home. We grow up surviving the wastes, fending off the mutants, and killing each other for scraps of food. We've become the best Hazardous environment guardsmen in the imperium.
Earthlike: Our planet is a diverse grabbag of different flavors of deadly, as a result we don't specialize quite as much as other death world regiments, but are more ready for unorthodox assignments.
Next step!

Vote on planet terrain!

[X} Ocean: Our world has few landmasses, the vast majority of our population survive on massive moving vessels, much like Imperial space vessels. beneath the depths lurk dark and eldritch creatures who will not rest till we're utterly exterminated. they sneak onto land and steal our children, kill our fathers, and infect our women with their vial eggs that take root in their wombs and eat them from the inside out. This hard world has made us the best amphibious guardsmen of the imperium.

[X] Nobility

Back
Top Bottom