What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Juicy Smollyay (counter)sues the city of Chicago

t-dugong

Beach bum, Esq.

CHICAGO
Jussie Smollett has filed a lawsuit accusing Chicago of maliciously prosecuting him after concluding that the actor's claim to having been the victim of a racist and homophobic beating on a city street was a hoax.
Smollett, 37, best known for his work on the Fox television drama "Empire," made his accusation in counterclaims filed on Wednesday, after Chicago sued him to recoup $130,106 in police overtime costs to investigate the beating claim.
He accused the city, police and others of causing"substantial economic damages as well as reputational harm, humiliation, mental anguish and extreme emotional distress," and is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
"The city stands by its original complaint and will continue to pursue this litigation," Bill McCaffrey, a spokesman for Chicago's law department, said by email. "We fully expect to be successful in defeating these counterclaims."

Damn Juicy's a determined liar. He's still standing by his story.

Jessie's Mullet is certainly a desperate attention-whore.

Certainly the way to avoid looking terrible and getting hit hard financially in the suit that the city has against him is to... counter-sue and declare that everyone else is lying and it is actually he who deserves to profit from his now well-documented fraud! I am assured that this will in no way make him look like an even bigger opportunist and poison his chances to avoid paying the full triple-damages amount that the city is seeking.*

*This paragraph was sarcasm.

Smollett is such an idiot. He could have kept going with his mediocre career but instead was just so desperate for attention from a hoax that he thought he could spin into a Denzel Washington like movie career. Well except it blew up in his face and he is no where as talented as Denzel.

Huh it was a hoax after all?

I mean I bailed the thread both in SB and SV once the daggers were well and truly drawn so I am still in the maybe maybe not limbo.

I mean I bailed the thread both in SB and SV once the daggers were well and truly drawn so I am still in the maybe maybe not limbo.
At first I believed him because who would lie about something like this? Then I started noticing in certain smaller right wing and even some left winging sites that his account of events and his actions didn't add up, then at some point mainstream media starts taking note as evidence started piling up showing that things did not play out like Smollet said they did. It's this incident and others that's made me take a wait and see approach to news stories.

Last edited:

Yes. First there was the arguments as to the convenient and perfectly crafted retelling of events versus "don't victim blame, always believe". Then came the looking a bit closer, which revealed many inconsistencies in the story. Then:

• Police finding evidence of two Nigerian brothers buying the exact same materials used in the attack.
  • One of those brothers actually worked with Smelt before, so they were brought in for questioning.
  • Brothers confirm that it was all a hoax, and that they were paid to do the deed.
  • Best part? He paid them by personal check.
  • City lays charges on making false reports.
  • City almost instantly changes their minds and drops the charges. Much murmuring about typical Chicago corruption ensues.
  • City goes "No! We just wanted to do things differently!" and sues, per city laws, for 3x the cost of investigating the false reports.
  • Actor thinks that he can just sue anyone who says things he doesn't like. Starts a terrible suit against the people he hired to fake-lynch him.
  • Current development. Buddy thinks he can just double down and play the victim card even harder, saying that the police were out to get him. Just ignore all that evidence that he actually did it.
As much as he wanted to point at Trumpy fans with MAGA hats, he is essentially doing the same things. Namely, calling the mountains of evidence a hoax and a witch hunt, and trying to silence anyone who dared say that his conduct was bad with law suits that he is certain to lose. But at least he gets to keep relevant in the the news cycle, so maybe he is just betting everything on playing out a Mel Gibson redemption arc, Except this whole thing came about because he was not so hot-shit as he likes to think he is, so no one will actually care about his redemption.

Back
Top Bottom