What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It is cheating to summon in a death battle?

Sailorpizza

Is it really against the outside help rule from death battle if someone has another person inside of them or their weapon?

I'm wondering is it cheating for Naruto,Maxwell from Scribblenauts,Lucy from fairy tail and Dr.Fate to have their allies like Nine tails fox/kurama/kyuubi,random summons,spirits/monsters and Nabu from inside of their bodies/items at a one vs one death battle?

Depends entirely on who the opponent is and the rules, if any, of combat.

Naruto for example have faced opponents that were able to kill him with a fingerflick from the onset if not for his stomach guest.

Depends entirely on who the opponent is and the rules, if any, of combat.

Naruto for example have faced opponents that were able to kill him with a fingerflick from the onset if not for his stomach guest.

Good points and i just wondering after many people said Dr.Fate was a cheater for having nabu at fighting doctor strange

Good points and i just wondering after many people said Dr.Fate was a cheater for having nabu at fighting doctor strange

Lol, that's like having the Hulk fight the Sentry, except it's only Bruce. Nabu is Dr. Fate. The body is just a meat puppet while the helmet is on.

Its fine, just surprised nobody tried to summon stage 4 cancer or HIV inside of their opponents

The way I see is, Someone like a stand user from jojo is A O kay

But say a necromancer, bringing a bunch of unaffiliated dead guys into the fight would be a thumbs down bleh.

The way I see is, Someone like a stand user from jojo is A O kay

But say a necromancer, bringing a bunch of unaffiliated dead guys into the fight would be a thumbs down bleh.

I'd disagree with you here. If summoning the dead is the only thing that necromancer can do, you've effectively removed all their power and made the debate pointless by restricting that ability. Similarly, to get back to the point of OP making this thread, removing Nabu essentially makes it a battle of a master sorcerer vs some old dude.

Also, @Sailorpizza the next time you see someone claim Dr. Fate is cheating by using Nabu, inform them of the fact that the vast majority of Doctor Strange's power comes from other beings powering him, such as the Vishanti, Cyttorak, etc.

I'd disagree with you here. If summoning the dead is the only thing that necromancer can do, you've effectively removed all their power and made the debate pointless by restricting that ability. Similarly, to get back to the point of OP making this thread, removing Nabu essentially makes it a battle of a master sorcerer vs some old dude.
Well it depends. I don't think a vs debate is necesarily a 1 v 1 death battle. A 1 V 1 death battle in my opinion, should always concern only the strengths and abilities of the singular individual. Stand Users get a pass because what they summon is a "part of them" while with say a necromancer they are using "A part of them" (Their magic) To create additional actors in the 1 v 1 on their side, which are arguably not part of the necromancer but WITH the necromancer, which goes against the spirit of strict 1 v 1. In my opinion.

Also, @Sailorpizza the next time you see someone claim Dr. Fate is cheating by using Nabu, inform them of the fact that the vast majority of Doctor Strange's power comes from other beings powering him, such as the Vishanti, Cyttorak, etc.

That's a amazing point and i'm thankful for your knowledge of this

Well it depends. I don't think a vs debate is necesarily a 1 v 1 death battle. A 1 V 1 death battle in my opinion, should always concern only the strengths and abilities of the singular individual. Stand Users get a pass because what they summon is a "part of them" while with say a necromancer they are using "A part of them" (Their magic) To create additional actors in the 1 v 1 on their side, which are arguably not part of the necromancer but WITH the necromancer, which goes against the spirit of strict 1 v 1. In my opinion.

But that, in and of itself, goes against the spirit of vs debates as a whole. When all of someone's abilities come from summoning things to aid them, removing that ability makes the debate pointless. It's like Superman except he's human or the Flash except he's slow. It doesn't make for a good debate at all.

But that, in and of itself, goes against the spirit of vs debates as a whole. When all of someone's abilities come from summoning things to aid them, removing that ability makes the debate pointless. It's like Superman except he's human or the Flash except he's slow. It doesn't make for a good debate at all.
Well I think in that case, the person making the one v one vs debate is just making a bad one v one vs debate.

Back
Top Bottom