What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Israel's Apartheid

Israel needs US support because otherwise the various other nations they've pissed off would be imposing North Korea level economic sanctions until Israel submits to UN authority.

Because the other middle eastern states, whose population publicly scream about how they are going to Turner Diaries Israel at the first opportunity will somehow develop the mindset of Justin trudeau overnight.

As for "un authority, for the Palestinians it amounts to "when we hang every new from every tree and lamp post in the area" and tear down every synagogue"

Two words: Saudi. Arabia.

Two words: Saudi. Arabia.
... and the only reason that Saudi Arabia is propped up is because of it's easy to extract oil reserves. Without those across most of the 20th century, the world economy would literally stop and grind to a halt, making wars for resources a thing again.

... and the only reason that Saudi Arabia is propped up is because of it's easy to extract oil reserves. Without those across most of the 20th century, the world economy would literally stop and grind to a halt, making wars for resources a thing again.
I'm trying to figure out what exactly your point is.

I'm trying to figure out what exactly your point is.
There is one and only one reason that Saudi Arabia had been propped up throughout much of the 20th century: it's oil. Without this incredible resource, the world economy would quite literally grind to a standstill at best. That is how vital this resource is. It is used for pretty much everything you can think of, and until the Dakota oil field had been discovered and the process to get shale oil (or at least, cheap enough to be viable) there was pretty much very few oil fields that can support even a fraction of modern society.

If Saudi Arabia didn't have that precious resource, it would be an ignored shithole and we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place (a lot of the problems in the Middle East can be traced to Saudi Arabia, especially with it's second greatest (unofficial) export: the Wahhabi sect of Islam)... or at least the mess wouldn't be as large.

There is one and only one reason that Saudi Arabia had been propped up throughout much of the 20th century: it's oil. Without this incredible resource, the world economy would quite literally grind to a standstill at best. That is how vital this resource is. It is used for pretty much everything you can think of, and until the Dakota oil field had been discovered and the process to get shale oil (or at least, cheap enough to be viable) there was pretty much very few oil fields that can support even a fraction of modern society.

If Saudi Arabia didn't have that precious resource, it would be an ignored shithole and we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place (a lot of the problems in the Middle East can be traced to Saudi Arabia, especially with it's second greatest (unofficial) export: the Wahhabi sect of Islam)... or at least the mess wouldn't be as large.
...I don't know why you think I'd not already know this, let alone disagree with it. How you would interpret ANYTHING out of a four-word post escapes me.

At this point it's an abusive relationship. Netanyahu abuses it and Israel's own policies breed chaos.
Can you provide specific examples?

Is it just me or is the real Celene freaking adorable?

A system of discrimanation and segregation based on race. Was a big issue in south africa back in the day. Caused people like Nelson Mandela to speak out and take action againist it.
And it is vastly different than what is happening in Israel and Palestine.
The land that comprises Israel, according to Palestinians. Terra Nullius, according to Israel's founders. People argue for a long, long time about it.
No, Palestine consists of the West Bank and Gaza to Israel's founders, as they agreed with the partition the UN set up.

And it is vastly different than what is happening in Israel and Palestine.

No, Palestine consists of the West Bank and Gaza to Israel's founders, as they agreed with the partition the UN set up.

Like I said, people argue about it.

Like I said, people argue about it.
... and other than some defense oriented land swaps, that is what Israel was always willing to do. Part of the problem is the Palestinians in general (particularly their leadership) and the Orthodox idiots that make mules look willing to budge at a tip of a hat on the Israeli side. Jerusalem is going to be part of Israel no matter what, given the history after the Partition.

... and other than some defense oriented land swaps, that is what Israel was always willing to do. Part of the problem is the Palestinians in general (particularly their leadership) and the Orthodox idiots that make mules look willing to budge at a tip of a hat on the Israeli side. Jerusalem is going to be part of Israel no matter what, given the history after the Partition.

Aye. They have the right, as you said.

Back
Top Bottom