What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ISIS schoolgirl wants to return home

Sarcobite

Author

Learned of this from SB.

my stance is, she can slither back to ISIS like the maggot she is. ISIS is a disease, and she is just another viral particle. We should be be soft with them, and anyone who aids them and/or fights in thier name should be given no mercy or quarter.

Isis was created from the remains of the US/UK-spearheaded invasion of Iraq

For the sake of her baby, take mum and baby in. Deprogramme the mum and give the baby to the grandparents.
It's the British government... They made a mess, as If Brexit was not enough. As I explained in the thread on SB. That was the best move indeed but this government led by conservative cowards decided stripping her of her citizenship without taking her child or international law in consideration was a good idea...

Considering she still has no problem with ISIS behavior and only wants to go back after everything was bombed to shit, I say fuck that noise. But BlindLine153 she was a teen and made at stupid mistake. Well buddy, a mistake is accidently running a stop sign. A mistake is grabbing whole milk instead of 2%. A mistake is putting pineapple on pizza. This is a bit more serious than that.

I Hate to agree with Blindlines sentiment, but this isn't just a mistake. I don't condone violence, but I can forgive temporary lapses in judgment especially in emotional teenagers. It's a whole different kettle of fish to traval from the UK to the middel east to support a roving army of slavers and rapists as they form a religious fundamentalist oppression state.

If she wants to raise her child in the UK she needs to do some series thinking about what she and ISIS hope to accomplish because it's definitely not giving Iraq a NHS equivalent.

Considering she still has no problem with ISIS behavior and only wants to go back after everything was bombed to shit, I say fuck that noise. But BlindLine153 she was a teen and made at stupid mistake. Well buddy, a mistake is accidently running a stop sign. A mistake is grabbing whole milk instead of 2%. A mistake is putting pineapple on pizza. This is a bit more serious than that.
I Hate to agree with Blindlines sentiment, but this isn't just a mistake. I don't condone violence, but I can forgive temporary lapses in judgment especially in emotional teenagers. It's a whole different kettle of fish to traval from the UK to the middel east to support a roving army of slavers and rapists as they form a religious fundamentalist oppression state.

Problem is: you cannot expect remorse from someone who has been radicalized before de-rad begins. What people really need to understand is that children's mind are easily accepting of indoctrination to the point it becomes their "truth". It is only when confronted with the very lies they've been told that they can realize being completely wrong.

To illustrate the point, it's like the Doci in Stargate: the Ark of Truth. He only realized his mistake when confronted with the Truth contained in the Ark. It's a very good analogy of what is happening with radicalized people undergoing de-rad. And during the first sessions, they all are strongly rejecting the truth. But with time, most of the time, they start realizing they've been misled because children's (and to a certain degree, the adult's) mind is also very accepting of strong evidence and logic, so they no longer are hearing another "truth" (being isolated from other radicalized people), the one that radicalized them.

That's why you're both wrong (and quite a few people on SB). Because you do not fundamentally understand how radicalization works, how ingrained it can become and how hard it is to break free from that thought process, especially with kids (and she was a child back then). And from that point up to today she still hasn't heard any other truth than the "truth" that radicalized her in the first place. So expecting her to show repent is like expecting a fish to start building a tower... Based on the various books I have on the subject of radicalization and de-radicalization, she seems to be a good candidate for a de-rad program. De-rad is often successful with soft core militant like her and she's young enough to hear and realize the truth. Will it succeed? I don't know, I'm not a psychologist, but statistically she has greater chances than an asshole who killed 10 kids. Sadly, though, we'll probably never know since the British government is hell bent on complicating things rather than make the most simple, legal and less politicized choice.

Let her in (in custody) , give the kid to the grandparents and figure out the rest afterwards.
Except it is a bit too late for that now that the government made a mess. Brexit wasn't enough, it seems...

Last edited:
And now Trump has unilaterally declared that he's stripping citizenship from a girl born in Alabama who's in a similar situation.

And now Trump has unilaterally declared that he's stripping citizenship from a girl born in Alabama who's in a similar situation.
FFS!
facepalm-650x405.jpg

First Australia, then UK and now the US. Is it an anglosphere thing?

Its what they deserve.
The problem isn't the case, it's the precedent. Allowing the president to take someone's citizenship away without due process is not something we want to be an ongoing thing here. Especially Trump, who has expressed a desire to take it away from all the children of immigrants.

She forfeited the protections and privileges of the UK when she joined it's enemies, and the enemies of all civilised nations. Apparently she had dual nationality so while she is no longer a UK citizen she isn't stateless, Bangledeshi I believe.
She isn't unique either, about a hundred people have had this done to them after joining ISIS and nobody seems to care about them. Risks outweigh any possible benefits, she can go and rot in limbo.

She forfeited the protections and privileges of the UK when she joined it's enemies, and the enemies of all civilised nations. Apparently she had dual nationality so while she is no longer a UK citizen she isn't stateless, Bangledeshi I believe.
She isn't unique either, about a hundred people have had this done to them after joining ISIS and nobody seems to care about them. Risks outweigh any possible benefits, she can go and rot in limbo.
Okay, I as the new Prime Minister(President) declare that voting Tory(Republican) makes you a threat to the country and remove your citizenship. No, you don't get a trial or hearing, to big a risk.

Is that what you'd like to see? Especially in the hands of someone like Trump who declares all personal and political opponents to be "Enemies of the People"

As a matter of fact, yes she is stateless. Bangladesh said her mother wasn't a Bangledeshi citizen. That also applies to her.

Futhermore, as I explained several times already, it's not just about her. Her child is also a British citizen AND innocent. So basically:

Let her in (in custody) , give the kid to the grandparents and figure out the rest afterwards.
It's the British government... They made a mess, as If Brexit was not enough. As I explained in the thread on SB. That was the best move indeed but this government led by conservative cowards decided stripping her of her citizenship without taking her child or international law in consideration was a good idea...

Okay, I as the new Prime Minister(President) declare that voting Tory(Republican) makes you a threat to the country and remove your citizenship. No, you don't get a trial or hearing, to big a risk.

Is that what you'd like to see? Especially in the hands of someone like Trump who declares all personal and political opponents to be "Enemies of the People"

I would expect proof of the threat, like say a Tory minister blowing up a bunch of children at a pop concert. The system in the UK requires a decision from the secretary of state which can be overturned by the courts, it has been used lots of times before. I don't really give a fuck about Trump, he's just going to do whatever he wants to do until someone finally throws him out.

As a matter of fact, yes she is stateless. Bangladesh said her mother wasn't a Bangledeshi citizen. That also applies to her.

Futhermore, as I explained several times already, it's not just about her. Her child is also a British citizen AND innocent. So basically:

Then the courts will overturn it as it is illegal to make someone stateless.

Then the courts will overturn it as it is illegal to make someone stateless.
Hopefully but I'm still worried about what will happen to her child in the meantime. If they arrested the mother and placed the child in his/her grandparents' custody, it would have been easier. British citizenship, on UK soil, apply UK law. Now? the situation is a complete mess. All that because of the government's cowardice and unwillingness to make a f- decision based on the rule of law, taking in consideration the future of that child. The government allowed politics to interfere on a legal matter.
Have you noted the fact that France or Belgium have made very different calls? Recently in Belgium we expelled a radicalized asshole (in this case he was living here), we didn't touch his nationality. We brought back IS militants (children, young girls,...), they went in prison, they went into de-rad (in prison) but we didn't mess around with their citizenship.

As I explained on SB, that's a Pandora box. Not something you're (impersonal 'you') supposed to play with. Why is the anglosphere so keen to strip someone of his nationality? Why all this nonsense about bringing her back? The UK has dealt with much more threatening people. It's not like people are saying "let her free to go and do whatever she wants".

On the legal side of things:

https://forums.spacebattles.com/posts/55146631/
https://forums.spacebattles.com/posts/55154737/

So Islam is apparently a religion of peace, why do they keep beheading people then?
Some people kill in the name of Islam, some in the name of democracy... not the fault of Islam or democracy.

Back
Top Bottom