What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

International Is the dollar's "exorbitant privilege" coming to an end?

I know, the road is long, with many a winding turn. Otherwise all would be done already.
Heh, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. You of course know that old proverb saying that the road to hell is paved with good intentions? Here's another one courtesy of ancient Chinese: the road to nowhere may turn up to take forever.

My logic is that Darwin, guiding Sultan's hand, will take care of those who don't want peace that much - and the rest will then be able to agree to it.
You do realize that you're talking about people that not only stepped on the same rakes twice and suffered the slightly predictable consequences of so doing yet again, no. They did it so many times, so often and on such a scale that i can't help but wonder what may have caused the Kurdish tragicomically long and colourful history of epically failing IQ test?

To put it simply, were they born this retarded, or did it take special training? Or perhaps they are not at all retarded, but rather somehow learned to massively enjoy experiencing complex bouquet of incredible sensations typically arising upon getting bashed in the face with long, reasonably heavy wooden stick moving at sufficient velocity?

Heh, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. You of course know that old proverb saying that the road to hell is paved with good intentions? Here's another one courtesy of ancient Chinese: the road to nowhere may turn up to take forever.

You do realize that you're talking about people that not only stepped on the same rakes twice and suffered the slightly predictable consequences of so doing yet again, no. They did it so many times, so often and on such a scale that i can't help but wonder what may have caused the Kurdish tragicomically long and colourful history of epically failing IQ test?

To put it simply, were they born this retarded, or did it take special training? Or perhaps they are not at all retarded, but rather somehow learned to massively enjoy experiencing complex bouquet of incredible sensations typically arising upon getting bashed in the face with long, reasonably heavy wooden stick moving at sufficient velocity?

It's totally they're fault for being oppressed, while we're at it let's blame the Armenians too for that genocide that the Turks still refuse to acknowledge.

Come on, man... I know their culture makes everything very complicated, but let's not call them names. Once the Americans leave (and they will leave), the loss of cover will force most of the Kurds to agree to some sort of federation or broad autonomy. Those who like fighting too much will probably fight, for a very short time.

And now the head of the Bank of England has proposed to get rid of the dollar: Mark Carney calls for global monetary system to replace the dollar | Financial Times
Mark Carney, the Bank of England governor, has said that the world's reliance on the US dollar "won't hold" and needs to be replaced by a new international monetary and financial system based on many more global currencies. In a speech at the annual Jackson Hole gathering of central bankers in the US, he called for the IMF to take charge of a new system of currencies, insuring emerging economies from destructive capital outflows in dollars and removing their need to hoard US currency. In the longer term the IMF could "change the game" by building a multipolar system, he said.

And now the head of the Bank of England has proposed to get rid of the dollar: Mark Carney calls for global monetary system to replace the dollar | Financial Times[
In the longer term the IMF could "change the game" by building a multipolar system, he said.
Though there are certainly large contextual differences, it's a bit cute how much the language used to describe it resembles a certain speech in Munich, 2007, but now coming from the financial sector of US's most loyal vassal.[/QUOTE]

This is pretty interesting: China is famous for being very strict about export of capital, to the point that wealthy Chinese can choose between risking jail and investing into really stupid stuff. And now, suddenly, there is news that China and Russia to edge closer to reducing US dollar reliance with Moscow set to launch first yuan bond | South China Morning Post.
  • Led by several banks including Gazprombank and China International Capital Corporation, the yuan-denominated bond could be launched this year
  • Moscow is hoping to increase interest by Chinese investors' in Russian assets, while it will give Chinese investors another investment opportunity
The bond would be the first-ever Russian sovereign debt issue in yuan, and it is expected to be listed on the Moscow Stock Exchange. Russian sovereign debt is rated as investment grade by all three international rating agencies, Fitch, S&P Global Ratings and Moody's, meaning it presents a relatively low risk of default.
It is presented as a de-dollarization move, but I see it more as a preventive move against any US attempts to attack Russian sovereign debt (on Moscow's part) and diversification of investments (on Beijing's part). This can be actually pretty huge, since there are loads of investment opportunities in Russia (especially in the seriously underdeveloped Far East) and there are loads of investors looking for good returns in China. Expect another "Europe from Lisbon to Vladivostok" speech by Macron in the near future...

Last edited:
Yes! The dollar looses strength! LET THE CENTS TAKE THEIR RIGHTFUL PLACE ON THE THRONE

Expect another "Europe from Lisbon to Vladivostok" speech by Macron in the near future...
RUMINT has it our MIC dudes are engaged in some very intense talks with their French counterparts. The talks of mutually profitable variety.

RUMINT has it our MIC dudes are engaged in some very intense talks with their French counterparts. The talks of mutually profitable variety.
What, will they once again try to build some boaties for you? :) Or some new faulty gas generators for jet engines? I'm sure there are profit opportunities, it's just that the history is... mixed.

Reactions: Kol
What, will they once again try to build some boaties for you? :) Or some new faulty gas generators for jet engines? I'm sure there are profit opportunities, it's just that the history is... mixed.
It's never too late to pull Saddam and buy C2BM for fighter aviation, which the French will just turn off when they feel like it :)

Sign the cheque and you can fly on these:
Hmm... How very suspicious, considering the certain topics of the said discussions do involve the Duckie.

Very long story, very short. Indians, Buk-M2/ME w/ 9M317M and S-400. Duckie can provide offboard target designation, but cannot provide offboard guidance without the appropriate software, which in turn plain doesn't exist. Yet.

Hmm... How very suspicious, considering the certain topics of the said discussions do involve the Duckie.
I know everything, comrade (Putin works for me since he lost a drinking contest).
Very long story, very short. Indians, Buk-M2/ME w/ 9M317M and S-400. Duckie can provide offboard target designation, but cannot provide offboard guidance without the appropriate software, which in turn plain doesn't exist. Yet.
Le Shrug, shouldn't be particularly hard to do, as long as we get access to the parameters of the export version's radar and seeker.

Russia and Turkey have concluded an agreement on the use of national currencies in trade. Last year their trade volume was about $25 bln.
This doesn't mean that all of it will be suddenly in Ruble and Lira. The goal of the agreement is to create infrastructure and rules for trading in local currencies, make them more attractive for local companies and increase volume of common trade.

Back
Top Bottom