What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Indonesian politics thread. Capital City edition.

Say, have anyone heard of the story of Ratna Sarumpaet? I heard that she lied about getting raped or something and there's a big scandal about it.

The only Sarumpaet I know is from Schild's Ladder. :V What's the story?

Here's the story (from Kompas, Indonesian only)
Jejak Perkara Kebohongan Ratna Sarumpaet yang Berujung Penahanan

For our English speaking reader here's the chronology, from this (from Jakarta Post)
Ratna Sarumpaet Suffering From Injuries After Assault: Prabowo Camp
to this
Ratna underwent facial surgery, not assaulted: Police
and ended up like this
'I was not assaulted': Ratna Sarumpaet Apologizes for lying

I didn't really follow the news for these last few days, I've actually heard about it from my Parents in social media (facebook, whatsapp, you get the idea). It made quite a hot news. From what I heard she claimed that her bruised face is reportedly from getting an assault after she finished doing a speech in international conference and heading to nearby hospital for medical treatment. Though, honestly people aren't easily fooled these days and the police quickly went to probe her claim (her story didn't add up with the fact and actually those bruised face and all, she's actually just went for cosmetic facial surgery) and it's pretty much ended up backfiring on her, and Prabowo camp quickly denounces her. And she's finally ended up in custody. You know honestly it reminded me of Setyo Novanto's 'car accident'. Yeah the one with fake bump and all.

Honestly, I'm kind of pissed of with Prabowo camp et al. They stirred up this kind of shit to make chaos in current political climate, to defame the government, and not helped by the fact last September Gatot Nurmantyo (the retired general of TNI Army) decided to remind people let's go watch g/30s Shit again, he claimed that g30s movies and mention of it were removed from education curriculum because of the resurgence of PKI in government, but it was beautifully rebutted by Usman Hamid (Indonesian Amnesty International Director), it was removed by Gus Dur himself (Abdurrahman Wahid, our 4th President). Video Link: Tanggapan Usman Soal Pernyataan Gatot (Indonesian only, no sub)

"Jadi tidak ada penganiayaan, itu hanya cerita khayal entah diberikan oleh setan mana ke saya, dan berkembang seperti itu," ujar Ratna di rumahnya di kawasan Kampung Melayu Kecil V, Jakarta Selatan, Rabu (3/9/2018).

:mad::mad::mad:

Okay I'm starting to get pissed.

Back
Top Bottom