What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much are you willing to pay for Power ??

Aetherius

Author
So, i was thinking....
Power is a real nice thing to have. Be it physical Power, mental Power or magical Power.

But how much is one willing to pay for it....

Ok, lets say, a ROB/Q/ASB/Whatever is offering you a hell of package of Powers.....

1. A awesome new Bod with some serious Dragon Features, i.e. Breathing Fire, Bulletproof Skin (up to small Nuke), etc....
2. Magic Powers. You can cast now every spell from various Franchises, no materials or other stuff needed: D&D 5e, Pathfinder 2e, Final Fantasy, Overlord, Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei (Irregular at Magic High School), Divinity Original Sin II, Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken (Slime), World of Warcraft, Shield Hero.
3. Very Long Life. Every 10.000 years you just age Month.
4. Financial Power. You get 1.000.000.000 once and then 100.000.000 every Month. What currency is up to you.
5. Your very own Spaceship. Feel free to mix and match or choose one.
6. Create your own Portals. You can travel freely to up to 20 different Universes of your choice.

So, what are you willing to pay:

If you choose one power of the Package: Join the redshirts for one year on a random Starfleet Vessel.
If you choose two powers of the Package: Serve one year as Maid (complete with Maid Uniform) in the Hazbin Hotel.
If you choose three powers of the Package: Join the SCP Foundation as a Janitor for 1 year.
If you choose four Powers of Package: Join the EDF for 1 Year.
If you choose five Powers of the Package: Survive the Wasteland (Fallout) for one year.
If you choose all powers of the Package: Walk the Backrooms to the exit (Compass included).

Edit:
I would take the whole Pie, meaning i would walk the Backrooms all the way

Last edited:
So, you can take just one power of the Package, i.e. Financial Power, but for this you would have to serve for one year as a Redshirt on a random Starfleet Vessel.
Or, you can take two powers, i.e. Financial and Long Life, but you would have to serve as a Maid in Hazbin Hotel for one year (complete with Uniform)
Or, you can take all the powers, but you would have to take a walk in the Backrooms, till you find an Exit (Compass is included).

Not worth it, it just ends up in wrecking the laws of physics and ruining everything.

You could just take one, i.e. Financial Power, meaning a load of Money and you just have to serve in Starfleet as Redshirt for one year.

You could just take one, i.e. Financial Power, meaning a load of Money and you just have to serve in Starfleet as Redshirt for one year.
Why the fuck would I want a shitton of money? That doesn't bring anything particularly interesting. If you can't be happy with 50-60k a year, you won't be happy with a billion a month.

Why the fuck would I want a shitton of money? That doesn't bring anything particularly interesting. If you can't be happy with 50-60k a year, you won't be happy with a billion a month.
Well, what you do with so much money, i leave it to your imagination.....
Of course you could pick a different "Power" if you want. There are six from wich you can choose from.

I could easily afford more than 20 cents per kilowatt hour, but I think that if it got to that point it would only be through gross mismanagement by the utility company, so I would not trust good service.

That said, I already run an oversized array of renewables that almost always - there are months when you really need a lot more AC or whatever - pays me back when I supply the excess to the grid. The math gets fuzzy then because of the initial cost getting amortized not just through paying for less power, but also actually making a monthly profit all at a variable rate.

Still, shit happens and you always need to pay the price for power, even if sometimes it is just the goofy "delivery fee" that is now a thing to just be connected to the grid.

I choose not to read the original post.

Back
Top Bottom