What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you identify politically?

Personally, I'm not sure how to describe myself. I think the closest thing is a social liberal. Like in one way I'm all in for free market but In another with protection from government tow workers and as big social as it is possible.

Nein, physics is how an event occurs in the actual world and our explanations for why it does so. Their argument would only apply if Dresden was down to 1 smelter to toss corpses into instead of being firebombed. So it probably didnt happen the way they indicate.

*Hon hons victoriously*
Who studied physics here, you or me? You take the values and you multiply them until you get the result, that's how it works.

Reactions: EiC
Who studied physics here, you or me? You take the values and you multiply them until you get the result, that's how it works.
who's the quack though?

Reactions: EiC
It's Doctor Quack. But if you want a second opinion: @Vorpal, was there anything whatsoever in the History of physics that was more than multiplying values together until you reached the result? Anything at all?
you mean Doctor Who? ;)

Personally, I'm not sure how to describe myself. I think the closest thing is a social liberal. Like in one way I'm all in for free market but In another with protection from government tow workers and as big social as it is possible.

Free market
Social democracy

Pick one

Free market
Social democracy

Pick one
What?

A lot of the Nordic countries work by having a pro business style environment, with a heavy welfare state, that's literally the euro social democrat modal in a nutshell. Estonia for example.

Free market
Social democracy

Pick one
Depends, the EU has a much freer market than the US, with stronger regulations to prevent monopolies and abuse of dominant positions through governmental corruption. It's not the social democracies that destroy Net Neutrality, one of the pillars of modern free markets. It's not the social democracies that have an outrageously protectionist economy combined with government-coordinated tech sectors.

Is methodology i disagree with.

Cannot take 11 years to burn bodies because bodies burning in similar timeframe not one after another. His implication being that dresden impossible because it can't have taken 11 years or something. Which ignores that multiple bodies can burn at same time, and at varying temperatures. So I am right.

So checkmate I win?

Is methodology i disagree with.

Cannot take 11 years to burn bodies because bodies burning in similar timeframe not one after another. His implication being that dresden impossible because it can't have taken 11 years or something. Which ignores that multiple bodies can burn at same time, and at varying temperatures. So I am right.

So checkmate I win?
Methodology is simple. You take values, you multiply. That's how physics work, period.

Depends, the EU has a much freer market than the US, with stronger regulations to prevent monopolies and abuse of dominant positions through governmental corruption. It's not the social democracies that destroy Net Neutrality, one of the pillars of modern free markets. It's not the social democracies that have an outrageously protectionist economy combined with government-coordinated tech sectors.

Cute. You mean the same Europe which has hollowed out its social safety nets through austerity and is playing race to the bottom. But hey, keep playing Ode to Joy and imagining Europe returning the world to its pre 1945 Enlightened Imperial era because it now has a few nice words on paper to make things all better.

Cute. You mean the same Europe which has hollowed out its social safety nets through austerity and is playing race to the bottom. But hey, keep playing Ode to Joy and imagining Europe returning the world to its pre 1945 Enlightened Imperial era because it now has a few nice words on paper to make things all better.
Oh great, you complain about United "fuck EU we want to deregulate everything to praise Thatcher beyond the grave" Kingdom and Greece, AKA "let's have colossal tax fraud and lie to everyone about our finance then look surprised when we cannot afford our social safety net. You'd be more amusing if you actually had arguments instead of rehashing the same bullshit over and over again everytime we call you on your crap.

Ah so what acording to EU should do hmm? Become like wet dream of libertarian or US 2.0 with corporations doing almost whatever they wish, education making young people in debt high enough like hell and few other things.

Ah so what acording to EU should do hmm? Become like wet dream of libertarian or US 2.0 with corporations doing almost whatever they wish, education making young people in debt high enough like hell and few other things.
Given what he complains about, I'm pretty sure he wants people to pay zero tax and get massive social safety nets anyway. That's the only reason he'd complain about the Greek situation.

Ah, so he is schizophrenic. Because that's the only way how you can have both of these things at the same time.
I mean there's always seigniorage, but that's technically a tax anyway and a pretty crappy one.

Ah, so he is schizophrenic. Because that's the only way how you can have both of these things at the same time.

Greece was loaded to the gills with debts that its creditors knew they could never pay back, and was admitted into a currency that the gatekeepers knew they should never have allowed it to be admitted into.

My policies would be as thus:

1) Stop/Reverse the austerity policies that have hollowed out the social democratic left. The left betraying the working class by pursuing austerity has destroyed trust in them that has been accrued for generations.
2) Iceland style banking regulations ("Want to go to tax havens? Ha ha fuck you we're freezing your assets!")

As for the rest of the world, Matt Christman of Chapo Trap House put it this way: as Climate Change gets worse, there is either going to be unimaginable horrors or we are going to have to strip the 1% of their wealth.

Yeah the education system is a libertarian dream...

Now I wake up and I see the government created student debt crisis has eclipsed credit card debt.

Apache Attack Helicopter

Welcome to Earth? Exploitation of other nations and populations will happen under any system because the makers of said system being implemented by humans. Also the Earth is actually improving, the third world is no longer wallowing in so much poverty as the majority of humanity is now middle-class for the first time in history. The main concern should be simple trust busting to prevent stagnation and ensure a truly free market (as regulation is necessary for such to exist, sorry ANCAPs), not diving into Communism which is a dark pit that has claimed millions of lives and devoured multiple nations and one superpower. Along with being highly susceptible to full totalitarianism, chief examples being Stalin and Mao.

Well, let's see:
  • Mass die-offs of vital species, including insect species required for pollination or forming the foundation of the food chain.
  • Soil depletion due to over-farming.
  • Fresh water aquifer depletion because of crop irrigation and various other vital uses for fresh water, compounded by droughts.
  • Microplastic accumulation in the ecosystem and the food chain.
  • Human male fertility trending sharply downwards due to malformed sperm cells, possibly because of exposure to endocrine disruptors.
  • Armed conflicts across nearly the entire third world, supported and maintained by first-world lucre and influence, creating millions of refugees.
  • Outsourcing of labor to countries with records of human rights abuses, pitiful minimum wages, and poor control of industrial wastes.
  • The rise of pointless consumer capitalism and a financial bureaucracy that exists mainly to keep us all spending money we don't have, on things we don't need, to impress people that we don't even like.
  • Increasing incidence of antibiotic resistance in lethal bacteria.
  • Massive overpopulation.
  • Global warming (some estimates indicate that if current trends continue, the daytime equatorial temps will hit 180 F in a couple hundred years).
  • Resource depletion/peak minerals (a lot of high-tech items rely on things like Indium which will basically be completely gone in their naturally-available form in another few decades).
On the contrary, things do not seem to be improving at all. We have loads of shit that's completely fucked up coming down the pipe, and politicians aren't responding fast enough. We are already in a state of crisis, and people are just going about their daily lives like nothing's wrong.

I'd much rather bridge the weakness of the democratic president and the strength of the autocrat with a constitutional monarch which sits long enough to develop consistent long-term foreign policy without the bipolar-ness of the US political system which flips around as presidents change. Without totally sacrificing the people's ability to counter the state via a counterbalanced legislative body.

The one lone individual who I'd trust with that much power is neither human nor real. :ROFLMAO:

I found a nice portrait of her, lol:

wbAYfLr.jpg

Back
Top Bottom