What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harnessing Energy From a Neutron Star

Mondor

The Freak
Banned
Hey,

I've been thinking of writing something for the RPC Authority involving a civilization that uses a neutron star as a power source. I know that neutron stars have immense gravitaional and electric fields, each of which are capable of destroying almost anything with ease. What could be done to counter this?

Also, I want to make it clear that for a variety of different reasons, I won't be using this subforum that much. I'm mostly on here for social interaction.

Thanks, Mondor.

Hey,

I've been thinking of writing something for the RPC Authority involving a civilization that uses a neutron star as a power source. I know that neutron stars have immense gravitaional and electric fields, each of which are capable of destroying almost anything with ease. What could be done to counter this?

Also, I want to make it clear that for a variety of different reasons, I won't be using this subforum that much. I'm mostly on here for social interaction.

Thanks, Mondor.
Part of the question is why? Assuming you have the clark tech to withstand that gravity, magnetism and deadly radiation, you could assuredly get tons of energy otherways that would be less hazardous

The next best source of energy is a black hole.
As far as energy efficiency is concerned over a length of time black wholes are the best way to go.

Part of the question is why? Assuming you have the clark tech to withstand that gravity, magnetism and deadly radiation, you could assuredly get tons of energy otherways that would be less hazardous
He want to forge some hammers?

Anyway, I don't quite fathom the question myself. At this level of magnitude, I would just go with 'sufficiently advanced technobabble' as 'means to counter stuffs'.

Back
Top Bottom