What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Growing Horizons: Inner Sphere - Quest

Yes, we would banish ourselves in the process, however, since we aren't really meant to exert any great influence over this universe, but ultimately just fight the other outsiders. Returning everyone to their native universe seems to be better. I doubt we will be able to revert a whole multiversal jump process, but it seems to be a running theme that we need to leave native alone and fight the other outsiders, hence searching for a reason why we are here seems to be perfectly logical path (even if it ultimately fails)
That gets into philosophical "i think there for i am" stuff right there. We are in this universe and this is what is before us. So we need to deal with problems though not wanting to mess with natives is something can understand since i dont want to deal with them anyway. We got a good hand right now but baring a miracle in a generation or so they will be finding excuses to jump each other again anyway.

But yeah things are going to get very dicey and Hanse and Katrina are going to be in twitchy and murderous moods and frankly everyone else getting ruthless with the purge makes sense because everyone remembers the bad old days and no one wants NCB weapons going of in their cities and if Loki/ Hegemony are that desperate to do anything... Honestly it probable more desperation than anything i think. No contact with home and steadily being rooted out and all they can do is hit the wrong targets. We and the Algareons and probably Habitats are going to be the ones actually taking them on with others only asked for troops if it comes to the grinding hell taking their worlds will be. As ever the IS is more this big mass of mess that acts as a shield and foil for us. Though their info control does seem weird to me as well. Is restricting all civilian traffic new? Or just part of a longterm strategy of keeping their people desperate and scared?

But yeah should probable focus more on clans at moment because next turn we probable be fighting multiple trials or battles as the clans come at us and test our might and we need to crush them decisively or at least consistently. We need to break their self image of being the best to really get them to listen but after that is some crazy fallout as each clan has to process that. Do not envy Warringer that. We might be able to make contact with at least Wolf and Bear but Jaguar and Falcon are going to be bitter enemies. Well Jaguar will if we bribe the Falcon bankers... Raven also interest me because our combat doctrine is rather similar. They are not going to like being utterly outclassed in navel affairs and they will either be trying to create a rivalry or think about jumping ship to if it could get them access to our tech. Rest of their clans are going to be a confusing mess with only guarantee probable being Burrock dying if we reveal proof of their crimes and indeed would not be surprised if Winters drops that into the water just to deflect at least some clans away on a feeding frenzy.

And thats how you end up being dropped 30 lightyears outside of the Eye of Terror...
I don't think that even an Eye of Terror could go against the spirit of the story ... powers of Chaos break many things, including physics and logic, but not narrative causality. In many ways, Chaos is narrative causality.

That gets into philosophical "i think there for i am" stuff right there. We are in this universe and this is what is before us. So we need to deal with problems though not wanting to mess with natives is something can understand since i dont want to deal with them anyway. We got a good hand right now but baring a miracle in a generation or so they will be finding excuses to jump each other again anyway.
We are not allowed to deal with them. We are expected to let them find their own way while we gear on to fight with other extradimensional visitors. Considering that the nature of the problem is other extradimensional visitors, and BT's natives are in a way a permanent fixture, why can't we focus on a very source of the problem?

I don't think that even an Eye of Terror could go against the spirit of the story ... powers of Chaos break many things, including physics and logic, but not narrative causality. In many ways, Chaos is narrative causality.
We be ate alive in warhammer we are totally not ready for that unless dropped somewhere safish and given something to work with a decade or so to reverse engineer and build up and even then any major faction could probable run us over. Chaos narrative casualty? that is one interpretation of warp entities. Dreams/thought given form acting out on their substance to perpetuate themselves.

We are not allowed to deal with them. We are expected to let them find their own way while we gear on to fight with other extradimensional visitors. Considering that the nature of the problem is other extradimensional visitors, and BT's natives are in a way a permanent fixture, why can't we focus on a very source of the problem?
What? Says who? We sure seem to be dealing with them and interfering. We have absorbed several minor states and might yet absorb more. We killed comstar and are even know about to fight the clans hopefully heading off the clan invasion. So far only invader we know is ourself. Algareon is content to sit in their systems and we dont know who the hamsters are IC or where they are. We simply are here and trying to survive and thrive.

[X] Integration Office:
Extend for 4 more turns

[X] Random Research:
There are so many research topics out there that cannot be counted and they should be given funding. Maybe they will be useful...
Time: 2-6 turns, Chance of success: 50%, Reward: Random research result
Non germanium based KF drives.

Why do you want to extend? You hope that it might get better rolls? At this point with those 3 bad it might only mitigate it into a bare success at best unless we get very good rolls to balance them out.

We be ate alive in warhammer we are totally not ready for that unless dropped somewhere safish and given something to work with a decade or so to reverse engineer and build up and even then any major faction could probable run us over. Chaos narrative casualty? that is one interpretation of warp entities. Dreams/thought given form acting out on their substance to perpetuate themselves.
If the plot demands us to be overrun, we will be overrun. It applies to Warhammer even more than any other as the entire universe is built on the fact that there is a force that perpetuates conflict. Chaos has powers that defy even themselves, and randomly gain and lose abilities to continue the plot because they are The Plot Given Form. They often have powers over something that has no thought, no mind, or no soul, when the plot demands it. If Chaos disappears, there is no Warhammer, because there won't be a plot anymore.

What? Says who? We sure seem to be dealing with them and interfering. We have absorbed several minor states and might yet absorb more. We killed comstar and are even know about to fight the clans hopefully heading off the clan invasion. So far only invader we know is ourself. Algareon is content to sit in their systems and we dont know who the hamsters are IC or where they are. We simply are here and trying to survive and thrive.
GM suggested several times that "hamsters" are the enemy we are supposed to fight and try to win against.

GM suggested several times that "hamsters" are the enemy we are supposed to fight and try to win against.
With the selection of the Growing Horizons universe, the idea was never to fight and take over the Inner Sphere. But to deal with it and perhaps work towards change from the inside out. And than overcome other external threats.

That had been part of On the Shoulders of Giants, Seeing Further and finally Growing Horizons that people, be they human or not, cooperate and come together and then overcome an external threat. In this case a threat from outside the Inner Sphere, which also helps the Inner Sphere to get out of that vicious cycle they've been in for centuries.

Though that does not mean that some nearby players should not been taken care of.

And the majority of players seem to get that idea... Some don't...

My big issue is i just dont trust the IS to not fall back into backstab endless war pretty much the second they have a excuse. Their entire history that we know is senseless bloody war and even in the peaceful times they built their "peace" on slavery and oppression and had secret wars going on when not actively fighting till the SLDF broke them up. We have no choice but to interact with them and hope our example and our pushing of democracy and slowly leaking tech changes things but the the warmongering will probable continue for at least a few more generations.

I am not sure why this game does not get more attention. On SB/SV it probable be crowded with people.

Yeah... Okay, someone changed their vote, so I have something that can be selected.

Anyway,.. @Durabys could I ask you to vote, please?

@Blade4 bandwagon. Yay!

[X] Random Research:
There are so many research topics out there that cannot be counted and they should be given funding. Maybe they will be useful...

Integration Office: active (2 turns)
As we keep expanding there are a number of single worlds about us that could be peacefully absorbed and better off for it. Perhaps we should see about creating a organization perhaps attached to Prometheus that when ready andwilling can bring them in the OCP without direct need of parliament to pick out worlds for targeted recruitment? If nothing else the world of Farnham's Planet could be used as a test case with the offer then spread about to neighboring worlds.
Time: 6 turns, Chance of Success: 55%, Reward: Integration Office
[X]CANCEL

[X]Send volunteer aid to help Melissa and worlds affected by dirty bombs were allowed and offer greater aid where possible up to and including spec op forces and packs if it would help with the purging of the hegemony agents and corrupted LOKI.

With the selection of the Growing Horizons universe, the idea was never to fight and take over the Inner Sphere. But to deal with it and perhaps work towards change from the inside out. And than overcome other external threats.

That had been part of On the Shoulders of Giants, Seeing Further and finally Growing Horizons that people, be they human or not, cooperate and come together and then overcome an external threat. In this case a threat from outside the Inner Sphere, which also helps the Inner Sphere to get out of that vicious cycle they've been in for centuries.

Though that does not mean that some nearby players should not been taken care of.

And the majority of players seem to get that idea... Some don't...
And that's the point.
We aren't allowed to win. Too many predefined paths doomed to failure.
Then I would go for some version of Transcendence victory allowing us to leave the universe we aren't allowed to affect.

Last edited:
Trade action need to do list... no particular order....

1 trade delegation Taurian then FedCom. Reward allies first maybe dual action same time?

2 Hyper highway network. Anchored on the three worlds and routes that led to Circinus, Both Lothian and Illyrian space, to major Tesseracts, and preferable one to Marian space maybe. Highways in Space

3 Colonize the tessearct ends we can that wont draw attention and set up explore team to study what around them and new tesseracts. That might be sci/spy though.

4 A hard push at graveyard tesseract end and graveyard itself for fleet anchorage and defenses

Diplo actions needed. Actual diplo party to Algareon, Free Rasalhague republic, Habitats?, Terra.

Also need to get trade treaties with them or in habitat case defense treaties.

Eventually need to open contact with Outworlds and smaller nations like niops.

Clan interaction? Dependent on how clans deal with us and individual clan responses.

Anyone want to add?

[X] Random Research:

Integration Office: active (2 turns)
As we keep expanding there are a number of single worlds about us that could be peacefully absorbed and better off for it. Perhaps we should see about creating a organization perhaps attached to Prometheus that when ready andwilling can bring them in the OCP without direct need of parliament to pick out worlds for targeted recruitment? If nothing else the world of Farnham's Planet could be used as a test case with the offer then spread about to neighboring worlds.
Time: 6 turns, Chance of Success: 55%, Reward: Integration Office
[X]CANCEL

[X]Send volunteer aid to help Melissa and worlds affected by dirty bombs were allowed and offer greater aid where possible up to and including spec op forces and packs if it would help with the purging of the hegemony agents and corrupted LOKI.

And that's the point.
We aren't allowed to win. Too many predefined paths doomed to failure.
Then I would go for some version of Transcendence victory allowing us to leave the universe we aren't allowed to affect.
You seem to have an extremely narrow definition of 'winning'. Unless we dominate everyone else we didn't win?

You seem to have an extremely narrow definition of 'winning'. Unless we dominate everyone else we didn't win?
We were thrown into a setting that entirely revolves around war it's only logical to expect the game centered around domination. It's also how the vast majority if not all of those grand strategy games go. You can't really blame people expecting this.
However, I accept that you wanted to subvert our expectation and make the game that expects the pacifist run, which is fine (even though I think it should be stated out earlier)
But fine, it seems this game seems to be about a mystery of this dimensional shift and protect "poor innocent" from the other extradimensional threats that come with us.
I can accept this goal and the limitations of minimal violence.
Then let us do the most logical way to solve this puzzle and figure out the mystery behind the whole dimensional shift within the limits of minimal fighting. There are so many hard limits on us, it would be fair if you let us do at least something. That's why I now focus on a whole banishment thing - in itself, it is a much more absurd goal than exterminating the main faction, and impossible within the tech level given, but paradoxically enough, it is the next logical thing with the limitation you gave us.

Back
Top Bottom