What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Godzilla: The Monarch Files [Completed]

File 44
Monarch File 44

Ever since first contact with world governments in 1977, an inevitable countdown to a "Broken Masquerade" for liminal's and youkai began. From advancing technology and surveillance to the chaos of increased kaiju attacks, this event was coming. What could be changed was how it would happen: Discovery by civilians or by an official administrative announcement.

The government chose the second option fortunately enough, the official anncouncement would occur in capital cities worldwide in March 12th of 2008, a mere month after the Fall of Moldova. Public reaction was very mixed at first, but after some days of discontent the world proved to be surprisingly accommodating towards the Extraspecies. Yes, tensions and even the criminal action may occur, but overall humanoid species have begun to embrace each with open arms, a situation that has increased with the Homestay Program, one signed in 2012 after the turmoil of the past three years of kaiju attacks. This program has proven to be quite successful in human/extra species relations, several true examples of which have been documented in a bestselling manga in Japan.*

Examples of increased coexistence can be seen with the normally eye raising sight of youkai and other Extraspcies freely walking around cities and towns as an everyday sight, and in the 2013 blockbuster Pacific Rim, the first film to officially have Extraspecies actors.

Journalist Franklin West*, present at the signing of the Cultural Exhange Program in Kyoto and the one who took a now famous photo of the Prime Minister and a delegate from the Fateburn Clan shaking hands, said it best.

"When you've seen all the monsters we've had to deal with since the first bombs were dropped, a few tails or ears on other people doesn't even feel worth the concern."

*Everyday Life with Monster Girls
by Takemaru Inui

While the title is done in a playful jest, it has understandably raised more then a few eyebrows.

*A protegee of the late Steve Martin.

[-]

"For me, it was a time of hope. After years of hiding, of hearing so much about the bigger world, wondering if the giant monsters would come for us if they successfully wiped out humanity, we are finally standing together. Legends and lore from so many different species are being shared on a daily basis. Both sides are learning so much.

As for me? I'm just happy to compare notes about different myths, see which of us may be worshipping the same entity under a different name.

Keep in mind it wasn't just humans and us liminal's who were hiding away from each other. Fae had been hiding from Werekind, Centaur from Orcfolk. Mermaid from Scopi. Man's world wasn't the only one that grew that day, so did ours. We were a bit aware, but in days leading up to the organization of "Emergence Day", we finally learned just how many extra-humanoids really existed, how each race on each continent wouldn't be alone when they came out.

I think that is truly amazing. Racism is still around, but if E-Day could come and pass without the world exploding, so can the future."

-Alma E. Delphinus during an interview in 2014. Prominent author on books about liminal's and mythology. A member of the Italian Chiroptera Sapiens species.

[-]

[Kuroko Smith is the living embodiment of the overworked office drone when I meet her in 2013. Papers line her desk along with a coffee machine in the back. Her glasses look ready to slip off her face as I sit down.

Medals line the wall behind her, a testament to Smith's previous decade of service for G-Force and Japan's KDF branch.

Ms. Smith is the current Coordinator of the Cultural Exchanges Saitama Branch, and is thus responsible for overseeing homestay programs and Extraspecies presence in the city.]

"To this day, I have no idea how I went from firing artillery at giant skinless mutants to [Subject gestures around the room] this. I honestly thought my superiors made a mistake when I was transferred here months after E-Day. But here I am, dealing with hundreds of papers everyday! Making sure everyone gets a food discount, that no one is being abused at their guest home, that no houses or limbs have been brutally damaged,...eh, I'm sure you know the drill.

My point being, I am a fighter. A tactician. I know they needed new seats to be filled quickly, but I should be out in the field, dealing with troublemakers, making sure that the Earth hasn't spat more giant firebreathers into the world. Someone else should be here.

[Subject sighs]

Then again, no one else has applied for this thankless job. Maybe that's why I'm still here, because no one else is willing to do it anymore but me.

That doesn't change the fact that not a day goes by where I don't wish I was right there in the bloody thick of it with MON-

[We are interrubted by the roar of a sudden alarm. Lights above flash red as I hear a commotion and footsteps right outside the office. Smith whips out a phone and frowns.]

Looks like some rogue orcs are holding up a shop.

There is a higher power after all!

[With a grin, Smith slides across the table, nearly taking my head off as she flings herself near the doorway, expertly rolling to a stop and pulling the handle as she speeds out to care for the emergency at hand. I wish our interview could have been longer, all things considered.

When I walk to a nearby local hotel, one room graciously payed for by Monarch, I see the smoke and here the gunfire.

This is just what Smith had been talking about. I've seen them on YouTube and on the television, but today would be the first time I ever saw MON (Monster Ops Neutralization) Squad in person.

It is an event I will not soon forget.]

File 45: Red Swarm Part I
Monarch File 45

"Came out of the water, swarming into the city-"

"Our bullets are bouncing off their armor, we need the army now!"

"This is Sergeant Yasaka, we need heavy weapons and we needed them yesterday-"

"-They all looked like the Goddamn Devil-"

-Live reports on the scene at the Battle of Los Angeles in 2014

[-]

-
A week after its battle with Gandiva, Tyrantasaur washes up dead on Yalong Bay in the Hainan Province, China.

Part of it's corpse has been stripped to the bone, while other parts of it bear massive bite and claw wounds resembling those inflicted by crustaceans, especially around it's neck area.

It is assumed by some members of the kaiju community that the wounded kaiju was killed by Atlantic Scourge, but others speculate that a new kaiju may have been behind the kill.

1995:

-Ganimes V washes up on the shores of Vladivostok, Russia dead with all it's flesh gone and it's shell bleached white. Cause of death was determined to be oxygen deprivation.

2006:

-A severely decomposed back leg and frontal claw from Saltora wash up at El Matador Beach in Malibu, California.

2011:

-
Burtannus II is found dead by divers in San Francisco Bay. The entire body is noted to be almost completely stripped of its flesh. No sign of her brood is discovered despite nearby searches underwater and with Sub Sonar.

2014:

-Mobile "Red Tides" are spotted in the Pacific.

-Battle of Los Angeles:

Days later, a dozen strong swarm of Class I megafauna emerges from the Los Angeles River into the city of Los Angeles. Resembling red crustaceans with arachnid traits, the creatures attack the downtown area and a nearby convention. Aside from their trident tipped tails and heavily armored eight bladed tipped legs, the organisms also displayed the ability to fire a purple spray of energy that was highly explosive against vehicles and corrosive against organic material.

The local national guard and CKR is deployed. After conventional weapons prove ineffective, flamethrowers and prototype CKR "Ice Box" weaponry manages to turn the tide and reveals extreme temperature change as the organisms weakness. By burning and freezing the creatures at the same time, defenders find they shatter and quickly dissolve into a fine mist upon death.

After most of their numbers are slowly whittled down, remaining specimens either retreat back into the river or hide in nearby buildings, necessitating a citywide search to find the remaining organisms.

Blown off limbs and field reports result in prominent scientists hypothesizing that the creatures that attacked Los Angeles are actually juveniles.

Energy mist labeled as "Micro-Oxygen."

Status of Adult specimen is unknown until a week later.

-The Official Timeline (2015 Edition)

File 46: Red Swarm Part II
Monarch File 46

"I am right here at the scene where Godzilla has fallen-

OH GOD HE'S STANDING UP- Get the camera's up now-

-[SKIP] Those things, the red ones they look just like the ones in LA, their climbing him-

More of them are coming this way get in the van we have to go now-"

[STOP][/STOP]
[STOP]

-A recovered tape found in a crashed news van during clean up efforts in San Francisco.

[-]

2014:

Battle of San Francisco

-During the morning of May 22nd, a week after the Los Angeles attack, Godzilla is spotted in the ocean at Coastal California, rapidly heading towards the San Francisco Bay. As military forces are organized, Godzilla resurfaces in the bay right outside the city.

Bearing a giant diagonal scar on his chest with multiple wounds exposing bone on his left arm, Godzilla stumbles before collapsing onto a nearby dockyard.

While evacuations are ordered, crowds and news teams nevertheless start approaching Godzilla's body. Sub Sonar detects a large bioenergy signature from the coast.

Unknown organism is believed to be the creature that wounded Godzilla, and later confirmed to be an adult of the species that attacked LA.

UO declared priority threat as military forces prepare to move towards the city, a task hampered by heavy evacuation traffic and by political reluctance over the possibility of likely having to use heavy weapons in a major city. Some hope to take this opportunity to drop a MOAB on Godzilla while he is vulnerable, while others see Godzilla staying alive as a best chance to beat the other monster.

Just as military forces arrive in the city an hour later, Godzilla stirs awake and begins standing up when a 20 strong force of juvenile Micro-Oxygen breathing specimens comes ashore nearby. Godzilla manages to kill most of the creatures with a nuclear pulse when they jump and climb onto him, with several burning organisms falling into the water.

Moments later, the UO emerges 50 meters away from Godzilla.

Target is 120 Meters high. UO named "Destoroyah-Prime."

Immediate combat begins, with Destoroyah charging at and attacking Godzilla. Air support immediately requested. Captured on screen by remaining news crews, Destoroyah and Godzilla's fight takes them to the nearby Alcatraz Island.

As this happens, multiple juvenile Destoroyah's come ashore and begin engaging local military forces during the continued evacuations. At least 5 individual specimens were noted to be flight capable.

Mothra is spotted flying at high speeds towards San Francisco. Air Traffic is ordered to not interrupt her flight.

Battle of San Francisco begins.

Five minutes later, Destoroyah-Prime unfurls a pair of wings from its back and grabs Godzilla by the throat with its pincer tail. Destoroyah goes airborne and drops Godzilla directly onto the nearby Golden Gate Bridge, breaking it and causing a severe delay in evacuation. Destoroyah is then quickly engaged by newly arrived aircraft, including two Super X's.

While Destoroyah manages to take down the squadron with its corrosive spray that the energy resistant armor of the Super X was useless against, it is struck by a newly arrived Mothra in the back. A brief aerial dogfight ensues, with Mothra managing to use her pollen to reflect Destoryah's own micro-oxygen spray back at it. Godzilla resurfaces and fires his atomic breath at the same moment, and the resulting explosion sends Destoroyah crashing down into the city. Godzilla and Mothra immediately pursue Destoroyah inside, with Godzilla crushing multiple juvenile specimens and vehicles underfoot. Mothra briefly enters her blue bioluminescent state and unleashes a "G-Ray" onto Godzilla, visibly increasing his current regeneration.

By hour two, CKRF personnel have taken to rooftops and have set up turrets and overwatch circles, waiting for the juveniles to come to them. Godzilla and Mothra have engaged Destoroyah inside the city for the past hour, causing heavy property damage. Destoroyah displays the new ability to fire a close range energy blade from its central horn, using it to collapse multiple buildings in rapid succession. After collapsing a skyscraper onto Godzilla, Destoroyah continues fighting Mothra.

Mothra fires a point blank bioelectric silk at Destroyah's maw, sealing it as Destoroyah simultaneously fires its horn blade at her abdomen, causing Mothra to crash and lose a leg.

Almost instantaneously afterwards, Godzilla used a nuclear pulse and broke out of the debris before charging at Destoroyah.

Destoroyah attempts to use its laser horn, only for Godzilla to catch the horn mid swing and tear it off.

Godzilla then uses the horn to stab Destroyah underneath the chin and tear off its lower jaw.

Destoroyah once more attempts to fire its Micro-Oxygen, this time through an opening in its chest. The grounded Mothra fires another blast of silk onto the opening, while Godzilla unleashes a point blake nuclear pulse that instead detonates the suddenly sealed energy inside Destoroyah, blowing open a hole in its torso.

Destoroyah falls on it's back, heavily wounded. It tries once more to use it's pincer tail, which Godzilla manages to grab and impale into its own chest.

For the next ten minutes, Godzilla violently assaults the wounded Destoroyah at point blank range, reducing its mass by 65%. Destoroyah lets out multiple roars that summon more swarms of its juveniles into the city, of which are met by Maser deployment and other heavy weapons.

Mothra manages to get airborne, and with Godzilla firing a spiral ray and her firing an assortment of bioelectric lighting from her wings, Destoroyah-Prime is terminated and reduced to a green, burning sludge on the ground.

Remaining juveniles in the city immediately begin retreating. Godzilla and Mothra briefly pursue and destroy visible juveniles before heading out of the badly damaged city into the ocean. Surviving CKR units begin heading back out. The Gotengo, having just recently arrived from the Atlantic, is present when Godzilla and Mothra part at the strait. Commander Douglas Gordon reports an engine trouble*, and thus is unable to officially follow military orders to pursue the two.

-In the aftermath of the San Francisco battle, the Gotengo is put on patrol in the nearby area for surviving Juvenile Destoroyah. During a night patrol, use of Sonar detects a large surviving swarm congregating together. In a process involving Micro-Oxygen, they begin fusing together into a new Destoroyah-Prime.

Quickly using the AZ cannon, the crew manages to freeze the slowly growing gestalt mid transformation before plowing through it with its drill. Gestalt is successfully terminated.

CKR and KDF leadership have been unable to confirm a full destruction of all organisms.

Destoroyah species status is considered Inactive on official megafauna population lists for now despite some requests to have it labeled as Extinct.

-The Official Timeline (2015 Edition).

*An engine check afterwards would prove that the Gotengo was indeed in working order.

[-]

"That day, I saw them working together with coordination. Using strategy, the environment to their advantage, looking out for one another. Getting concerned when one got hurt while fighting that thing.

Almost like people.

A lot of people think of the kaiju as just giant animals, and with the Skullcrawlers or those things that came out of the sea in '11, they may be right. But the big ones, like Godzilla, they are far smarter then they look. Maybe even as smart as us.

Another threat can show up any day now. Maybe even another giant red devil crab like the one in San Fran. We have to be ready.

Perhaps, even after everything, humanity can finally count Godzilla as an ally for once.

-CKR Captain Steven Woods in a televised statement after the Battle of San Francisco.[/STOP]

File 47: Wagandea War Part I
Monarch File 47

"Humanity had 1954 as the day that they learned they weren't the true rulers of Earth. The Merfolk had 1994 when the Scourge and Titanosaurus broke into the Kingdom of the Brine.

And those who practiced magic would have this day in 2015. Some of us thought that with our magic and our hidden leylines. we'd be safe.

We know better now.

-Clock Tower Lord El-Melloi following the disastrous First Battle of Arcturus.

2014:

-At Luna Nova Academy, recent spats of plant death in the nearby Arcturus Forest along with bizarre animal die offs is noted resemble an ancient event predicted to reoccur in the future involving a mythical entity known simply as "C'thura", a malicious beast with a myriad of powers that in local lore and legends required the nine oldest mages in the world and a large population from Mothra and Battra's (based on textual descriptions) species in order to be sealed away during a destructive rampage. Said lore comes from one of three Kantus scrolls.*

Possible preparations for C'Thura's returns begin among the senior staff of the academy.

*Dating the events to 2000 BC.

2015:

-The Wagandea War

The legendary C'Thura emerges from underneath the Wagandea tree in the hidden magical forest of Arcturus.

95 meters in height, It begins digging multiple holes into nearby leylines, seemingly intent on creating dimensional tears. Luna Nova's staff and other large Mage institutions work to assemble a force to seal away or destroy the awakened C'Thura. A six hundred six thousand strong group of the world's mage forces, human and non-human, that had been created in the event of magical elements of the world coming under attack, assembles to battle it after its emergence. At least 60% of the military alliance includes units from Luna Nova, Clock Tower, and Atlas.

Aftermath of the First Battle of Arcturus-

Art of the entity for the CKC collection by Matt Frank, taken from the accounts of survivors.

1573102618647.png

Sep 6, 2019

Monarch File 47

"Humanity had 1954 as the day that they learned they weren't the true rulers of Earth. The Merfolk had 1994 when the Scourge and Titanosaurus broke into the Kingdom of the Brine.

And those who practiced magic would have this day in 2015. Some of us thought that with our magic and our hidden leylines. we'd be safe.

We know better now.

-Clock Tower Lord El-Melloi following the disastrous First Battle of Arcturus.

2014:

-At Luna Nova Academy, recent spats of plant death in the nearby Arcturus Forest along with bizarre animal die offs is noted resemble an ancient event predicted to reoccur in the future involving a mythical entity known simply as "C'thura", a malicious beast with a myriad of powers that in local lore and legends required the nine oldest mages in the world and a large population from Mothra and Battra's (based on textual descriptions) species in order to be sealed away during a destructive rampage. Said lore comes from one of three Kantus scrolls.*

Possible preparations for C'Thura's returns begin among the senior staff of the academy.

*Dating the events to 2000 BC.

2015:

-The Wagandea War

The legendary C'Thura emerges from underneath the Wagandea tree in the hidden magical forest of Arcturus.

95 meters in height, It begins digging multiple holes into nearby leylines, seemingly intent on creating dimensional tears. Luna Nova's staff and other large Mage institutions work to assemble a force to seal away or destroy the awakened C'Thura. A six hundred six thousand strong group of the world's mage forces, human and non-human, that had been created in the event of magical elements of the world coming under attack, assembles to battle it after its emergence. At least 60% of the military alliance includes units from Luna Nova, Clock Tower, and Atlas.

Aftermath of the First Battle of Arcturus-

Art of the entity for the CKC collection by Matt Frank, taken from the accounts of survivors.

fetch.php

After three days, 50% of the united magical forces are destroyed. C'Thura goes back to working on its leyline holes. Using the leyline, C'thura begins attacking areas across the world. C'Thura emerges over the sky and attacks Copenhagen, the capital of Denmark. It also attacks Paris in France, Dresden in Germany, Budapest in Hungary, and the Transylvania region in Romania. It is speculated that C'Thura is deliberately targeting the homelands of the mage families who assisted in its first defeat.

The creatures solid passing Anti-Bio Beam result in massive casualties even with shelters. With its hijacking of the leyline, C'Thura is able to escape before significant military force can be deployed against it.

[-]

"The creature in a way reminds me of Dagon due to their similar bioradiation and composition. However, whereas Dagon's attacks could be explained as a desire to create new spawning grounds and destroy potential rivals, C'Thura was different. It wasn't deliberately seeking out random targets. The way it moved was...deliberate. Almost like it was planning each assault out. It could have been hunting for the Nine Olde Witches in the countries where they were born, it could have been trying to cull mage bloodlines to prevent another instance of it being sealed.

However, the third explanation is the simplest yet most alarming.

With the Nine Olde Witches from its time having passed on or disappeared, C'Thura's attack on their homelands may very well be revenge by proxy on a massive scale."

-G-Force Engineer Croix Meridies

[-]

Back at Luna Nova Academy, students are being pulled out by parents afraid for their safety. Three students (Names redacted to protect their identities) discover an old book about invoking Kami (Spirits in Shinto lore). The three decide to independently attempt a summoning ritual with the staff being focused on defending the school and evacuation in the wake of the failed battle.

With the assistance of a fourth student skilled in the art of stealth and what is believed to be a young teacher, the three sneak into the Academies vault (Defenses were in flux due to C'Thura's effect on the leyline) and get access to various needed materials, including a potent energy generating seed said to come from the flesh of Yggdrasil itself, and fossilized pollen and scales from an elder member of Mothra's species known in records as Gadarla or Gigamoth.

The LN3 then sneak away from school grounds in the confusion of a recent evacuation.

They manage to enter Arcturus forest and head towards Lake Clarent, a place simultaneously blessed and cursed magically.

They begin working on the ritual.

C'Thura finishes an attack on Manila in the Philippines.

[-]

Monarch Data:
Godzilla is believed to have been swimming in a set of ancient ruins beneath the Earth for reasons unknown. Use of the ritual after the battle allowed deep pressure survival specialists to enter the area afterwards, which was an underwater cave filled with artifacts of unknown origin that greatly resembled items and figures from Eastern lore. Godzilla happened to enter the cavern just as the invocation ritual meant to summon a Kami began. Godzilla then likely noticed a portal being formed by an old leyline connector on the wall. It is believed that this area was meant to invoke nearby ancient megafauna that were called Kami by old human tribes in ancient times.

Either by coincidence or due to his mysterious ability to always be where he is seemingly needed, Godzilla was the only Class V MF nearby.

Godzilla proceeded to enter the portal soon afterwards.

-Monarch Report #0101010102017

[-]

Godzilla suddenly rises out of Lake Clarent at the conclusion of the ritual to the shock of all present.

Godzilla then appears to observe his surroundings with puzzlement before exiting the massive lake and coming ashore. The LN3 had failed to summon a kami, but had successfully "Summoned" something capable of fighting C'Thura.

-The Official Timeline (2015 Edition)

File 48: Wagandea War Part Two
Monarch File 48

"The more I read into it, C'Thura seems less like a wild or lost animal and more like a weapon. It's attacks on the homelands of major mage clans are unlikely to be a coincidence. It was more like a...machine. Like an organic weapon, a strategic mobile one.

For this hypothesis to work, we must assume that it was created and sent here by a master or masters whom had created it. After C'Thura's initial sealing, the question of what happened to these hypothetical masters and why they haven't attempted another conquest in the thousands of years since then remains.

Did they perhaps die off? Did they give up on invasion all together?

Or did they simply find another realm hat was more easily conquered?"

-G-Fore Engineer and Luna Nova consultant Croix Meridies in the aftermath of the Wagandea War.

2015:

Godzilla begins moving through Arcturus. An hour later he is noticed by adult mages who had entered the forest to find the missing students. Alarms are raised and nearby defensive barriers are set up at the Academy and surrounding settlements.

Godzilla wanders the forest, knocking over small trees. His presence ends up having a psychological effect on nearby magical fauna that had retreated to the edge of the forest after C'Thura's emergence, causing them to run rampant in panic, with many creatures breaking into nearby makeshift mage military camps to escape Godzilla. Godzilla himself mostly ignores most of the creatures, but is noted to look around at the environment and at nearby fleeing masses in apparent curiosity while moving. Mages on the scene assume that Godzilla is looking for C'Thura.

Godzilla advances towards the Wagandea tree miles away.

-Half an hour later, C'Thura opens its leyline breach over Infant Island.

Third Battle of Infant Island

The native Hotua evacuate underground using ancient lifts in an area below the reach of C'Thura's beam. While still recovering from the injury Destoroyah gave her a year ago, Mothra nevertheless joins Battra and DragonLotus in defending the island. C'Thura is audibly and visibly irritated in combat for the first time, but it begins to overpower the defenders. While grappling with the enemy, DragonLotus is impaled through the torso and through the power source below her neck.

Critically wounded, she nevertheless manages to grab its next tentacle jab and blast the tip of the limb off. C'Thura is successfully lured to a pit like area containing multiple Hotua sigils. The area turns out to be a long prepared runic trap, one that explodes with ancient bio webbing and prism beams once DragonLotus manages to lure C'Thura and generate multiple tornadoes to force it nearby before judo throwing it into the pit. Trapped in the continuous explosion, C'Thura nevertheless manages to reach through the blast to grab DragonLotus and hold her in place. While continually unleashing flame ki blasts at it, DragonLotus manages to hold C'Thura's mouth open, allowing Mothra and Battra to begin blasting it despite suffering burns on her exoskeleton.

Back in Arcturus, Godzilla comes across the multiple leyline breaches in the sky. Godzilla seems to sense the raw, leaking energy signature of the breaches as a threat. Godzilla immediately charges up and begins firing upon C'Thura's portals, causing them to be sealed in an explosion of radioactive and mystical energy.

C'Thura breaks free of the pit trap with minor burns over its body. C'Thura tosses the burned, dying DragonLotus off of it. DL is noted to be missing a left arm, right leg, and half of her tail. C'Thura prepares to combat Mothra and Battra before suddenly noticing the explosions coming from its breach. Realizing what is happening, C'Thura rapidly retreats and runs into its last portal, crashing to the ground into Arcturus just as Godzilla fires another blast at the last breach, closing it.

By now, the LN3 and remaining mage forces and KDF consultants have caught up to the site of battle.

Final Battle at the Wagandea

-Godzilla and C'Thura stare each other down for a minute before running at one another. On collision, the two create a powerful energy shockwave.

The kaiju begin fighting up and down the forest, causing fires and tremors as they do so. Godzilla's own healing abilities allow him to survive extended combat with C'Thura and against its Anti-Bio Beam. At nightfall, the battle nears the dormant volcano Mt. Ratatoskr.

C'Thura then suddenly begins undergoing a massive energy increasing process in its body, with it's veins glowing yellow, two extra bladed tendrils growing from its back, and its muscle mass increasing until it is 108 meters in height. Attending mages suspect that it is increasing its power by feeding on the internally stored souls* of those it has consumed.

*Digested bioenergy for the more scientifically inclined.

C'Thura then begins visibly gaining the upper hand against Godzilla, managing to make him bleed profusely after stabbing him in the side. As C'Thura begins firing its beam into wounded areas of Godzilla while tossing him into trees and nearby geological formations with two newly grown tendrils, the LN3 take a great risk by flying directly towards the battle.

Using a makeshift rocket launcher constructed with soup cans and Efreet powder, they fire the containers full of Mosura material and the Yggdrasil seed directly down Godzilla's throat.*

Godzilla's biology has a potent reaction to the material, and he quickly undergoes a power increase of his own, unleashing a golden nuclear pulse that sends his opponent flying backwards into a small mountain hard enough to break it. In his "Hyper Charged" state, Godzilla starts firing gold-colored atomic blasts into C'Thura. Now equal in power with energy pulsing out across his body that gives his touch heavy bioelectronuclear power, Godzilla begin forcing C'Thura back more and more, eventually forcing his opponent up against Mt. Ratatoskr. Radiation levels begin increasing, forcing most mages to move away from the site to observe combat at a safe distance. Godzilla manages to catch and sever two of C'Thura's bladed tendrils while burning it faster then it can heal.

As C'Thura begins absorbing more bioenergy to the point of decaying nearby plant life, Godzilla charges and forces C'Thura to the side of the volcano. Repeatedly unleashing nuclear pulses while holding onto his opponent, Godzilla uses atomic breath to push C'Thura inside the volcano as their energy blasts break open the rock. Magma begins freely leaking out in rivers while as the two monsters tackle one another through the gap into the mountain. Inside the volcano, pulses of energy and blasts from both combatants are visible as they break through further into it, spilling more magma.

Eruption of Ratatoskr

-Mt. Ratatoskr begins to erupt. All nearby forces begin to retreat or create heavy defensive barriers.

The mountain finally erupts. 60% of the forest experiences fires and other eruption related damage. The magma cools off, unfortunately burying many historical sites nearby. Surviving mages manage to escape back to Luna Nova. Remaining members of the Mage Alliance and students and staff temporarily leaving Luna Nova in the aftermath of the incident congregate at the town of Glastonbury in the English county of Somerset.

Fourteen days later, outside of the town, a sudden earthquake begins, along with a mass of potent breach type energy detected by local CKR and magical authorities. The tremors finally stop as the ground outside the city splits open.

Godzilla emerges, covered in slowly healing scars across his chest, arms, and face.

In footage first captured by Luna Nova student Wangari on the Nova News Network, Godzilla holds the charred upper half of C'Thura's skull and drops it to the ground before crushing it underfoot.*

Observing the nearby crowd of magical and non-magical survivors, Godzilla turns and begins heading for the nearest route to the ocean.

Military forces manage to ensure that no crowds are nearby. By dusk, Godzilla enters the Celtic Sea.

Aftermath:

2015:

-International efforts to increase contact with magical communities become a priority. Study into C'Thura's exact origin becomes another priority amongst Monarch agents.

The LN3 are praised and given scholarships by the school and magical community at large for their heroic actions. They are also given suspensions and reprimands for breaking many school codes to do so. LNA is planned to reopen next year.

Studies of the obscure invocation ritual are planned to occur in the Arcturus. The area around Lake Clarent remains miraculously clear.

Shortly after the explosion of Mt. Ratatoskr, DragonLotus "Passes on her power" to a young Hotuan priestess named Miana. The process has DragonLotus vanish in a flash of golden light. According to the Hotua, Miana will eventually transform into a new DragonLotus within five years.

At the center of DL's vanishing, the body of one Mara Texton* is found and returned to the mainland.

2016:

-At the end of the Wagandea War, surviving magical and extraterrestrial forces work on rebuilding. ANEB is deployed in the irradiated sections of the forest.

-As part of an exchange program to help with rebuilding, G-Force agent and magical engineering specialist Croix Merides is sent to the reopened Luna Nova Academy.

-Religious gatherings involving worship of Godzilla begin slowly growing amongst young magical groups and reptilian liminal species.

-Current studies of samples of flesh from the Yggdrasil tree (kept in vaults beneath LNA) begin to analyze the way Godzilla's organic reactor interacted with it, along with a study into the ancient tree itself, its history and its connection with magic use on Earth.

- The Official Timeline (2016 Edition)

Due to the famous instability of K-Bioradiation and magic at close distances, this feat of getting close to him is all the more notable.

* Photo published in article "King of the Monsters: Savior of the Supernatural?"

*Texton was a young monk who disappeared at Selgia shortly before DragonLotuses first appearance in 1982.

[-]

[An excerpt from an interview with the leader of the LN3, an young student known as "A" for the sake of security.]

A:
I...I had a rough idea of what I was doing. But when I grabbed that jar with the seed and the bark growing in it, it was like, like...[Subject pauses] like I knew what to do from then on. Like I was being guided.

That everything was going to be okay.

File 49
Monarch File 49

[-]

My last recent assignment for Monarch in 2016, the one prior to me beginning work on this novel, brought me to the final frontier:

Space.

Taken by shuttle alongside other agents from both Monarch and acquainted organizations, with all of us being given specialized pressure suits, it takes half an hour after launch before we land at the triangular USS Maladra Research Station 50 miles from the moon.

A marvel of engineering, the station was built and launched three years ago. Considered a massive risk, both due to the subjects of research and due to fears of previous incidents with kaiju capable of moving outside of the atmosphere, the station nevertheless has managed to run surprisingly well.*

A KDF and Monarch joint effort, the station has three stories devoted to its subject.

Remote kaiju research, done in space to avoid any heavy risk to the public.

Lead on a guided tore by Head Doctor Sarah Inez, we start at the lowest floor. Mainly guided to RnD* and expedition preparation, this is where the stations armory is held. In a way, it is the first outer space based militia. The armory contains a fleet of state of the art drones produced by the best electricians in China and the USA, ones made for remote research. Weapons uncapable of breaching the hull unless in excess, like a Type-86 AMF Flamethrower and a CKR MK II Ice Box are kept in case of unexpected mutations created by research, with more mundane weapons like Index MK III Stun Rifles being but on standby in the extremely likely of attack by human sized foes. A training area and cafeteria for all staff, guards, scientists, and engineers alike is down here.

The second floor is made up of multiple laboratories. Aside from containing the cells of dozens of known kaiju in cold storage, bone and flesh fragments are observed and subjects to various stimuli, with radiation and other forms of similar energy kept to an absolute minimum to avoid any Deathla type incidents.

The laboratory also contains a small habitat in the center of the second floor, one with a single adult Meganulon is kept in a nanotitanium cage where it is remotely viewed. Kept fed with chickens and other cloned animals in an artificial habitat, the nine foot long creature is the first megafauna in space. The cost of oxygen and other needs to keep it from breaking out and expiring are quite expensive, but nevertheless the scientists of the Maladra seem convinced that they can learn something new by studying it in this environment. After observing its reaction to venison, we head up to the first and final floor.

Danger: Lev 5 ominously glows when my group exists the lift. The first floor make floor two look restrained by comparison.

This is where the major research happens. I see a massive severed frontal claw from a Kamacuras suspended in a fluid in one room. A claw from Gaira, one severed in a presumed prior battle to his capture, lies suspended in a similar yellow fluid. I sincerely I hope the twitch I saw from the green claw was in my imagination.

Autonomous J-Type battle suits, armored with stun rifles in each hand, walk by us. Security is very tight here for good reason.

Other rooms, like one helpfully labeled Hedorah Research Laboratory and one sealed off area called Shockirus Variant Logging [TO BE OPPENED IN 84 DAYS] imply more potential dangers for the station. However, these rooms are ignored by Inez as she leads us to a rumored, infamous room in the middle of the first floor; the most dangerous sample on the ship.

A green mass resembling an amoeba or giant wad of saliva lies suspended in ULT fluid, close to absolute zero. In this room, more battlesuits armed with flamethrowers and freezing weapons stand guard round it.

This green mass is all the remains of Destoroyah Prime following its evisceration and 98% incineration by Godzilla. Believed to have been spawned by the Oxygen Destroyer a century ago, the mere idea of housing a single sample here seems suicidal. But in a way, it remains the only safe way to study the deceased Class V entity; away from Earth, if it someone reanimates from this form hopefully it will be burnt up in the atmosphere. And with the specialized cryonic weaponry surrounding its last piece of mass, hopefully it will stay in hibernation.

Lead out of the ominous room, we enter one last area, one displaying a massive screen in front of a window that provides a fantastic view of the stars and the nearby lunar surface.

The screen activates, showing a clear view of a drone's POV as it sweeps across the lunar landscape, part of a plan to look for an ideal area to find a good space to being plans for building a moonbase.

Plans for construction are hoped to begin before 2025.

Only an hour into the exploration does the unthinkable happen, something that makes the presence of Destoroyah's energy blasted flesh look paltry by comparison.

The drone pauses as its sweeps over a pair of bizarre geological formations that quickly turn out to be something more.

The fossilized remains of two kaiju who died in combat with one another on the surface of the moon.

[-]

This footage was taken a month ago, and only a select hundred have been allowed to view it.

The specimens have been identified as a Titanus Mosura and a Kelbeam Diablos, both known as having a longstanding enmity with one another. The difficulty of dropping a certified paleontologist to the area below has made it hard to determine just how old both fossils are.

Now that it is known that the Mosura and Kelbeam species were capable of breaching the atmosphere and surviving outside of Earth's atmosphere, the potential implications on the origins and history of these kaiju and more are beyond counting in scope.

2016 is proving to be just as important a year as 1954 and 1977, perhaps even more.

I can only hope I'll live long enough to see it.

[-]

*Aside from known individuals like Gigan, Kikiron, and the deceased Spacegodzilla, the chance of another hostile ET Kaiju appearing and knocking the station out of orbit is heavily feared even with advance warning systems.

*Research and Development.

Final Interlude: Seventh Wave
"Despite Dagon, despite everything that has happened since then, the early 2000's actually started off calm compared to the other decades.

2010 had the lowest amount of recorded kaiju sightings in a year.

Then 2011 came and humbled us all over again."

-Historian and AMF Veteran Kentaro Yoshihara in 2015.

2010:

-On a reclaimed Adonoa Island, the Interworld Stratos Academy is officially opened as training base for future mecha pilots and other new KDF recruits. Smaller copies of existing mecha's and Mecha Raptors are used as test dummies, alongside a series of battle suits adapted from the deceased Tabane Shinono's old research.

-Godzilla is spotted eating a Megalodon by divers at the Great Barrier Reef.

-Rodan is spotted flying over the Chinese airspace.

-A COS and joint KDF raid on Phantom Task's cloning base manages to recover mutiple devices and evidence of a plan to clone prominent mecha pilots and elite soldiers as part of an illegal supersoldier program. With a majority of PT's researchers and higher staff dying or escaping over the course of the raid, the exact plan contains many unknown details for authorities.

-Advancements in medical technology result in a successful Rabies cure derived from the slime of dead Dagon Spawn.

-Chelonra begins to experience multiple leaks and assorted minor breakdowns as a result of its age; replacement of a full upgrade became the talk of European kaiju defense efforts.

2011:

-Burtannus II is found dead by divers in San Francisco Bay. The entire body is noted to be almost completely stripped of its flesh. No sign of her brood is discovered despite nearby searches underwater and with Sub Sonar.

-Varan reappears on the outskirts of the Monster Islands once more swimming nearby and occasionally sunbathing on protruding sandbanks.

-With samples taken from battle sites and with frozen kaiju parts from quarantine stations, the Maladra space station finishes construction in Area 51. Plans to launch the first outer space K-research laboratory are to begin in 2013 at the very least.

-After a full year of low K-Activity, Dogoran emerges from Mt. Kaidra in the Seychelles. It is speculated to be related to the trace organic elements in the mountain, and is also believed to not be fully grown.

Dogoran flies over Madagascar before heading towards Antarctica. It makes landfall near Brutusk and Tornaq, awakening both. After a three way fight, Doragon is badly sliced through the chest by Tornaq's claws, causing massive amounts of flammable blood to spill from its chest. Doragon retreats back to sea, later falling into the ocean.

T and B go back to hibernation. Current Monarch base plans are put on standby.

-Oil Breach:

First appearance of the asexual Breacher species.

Worldwide battles occur at sea and shorelines. Florida takes the most damage, PR-Base 01 established at the newly built town of Wartorn, Florida to deal with future outbreaks. BP goes out of business.

2012:

-After recent setbacks due to global events, the liminal Cultural Exchange Bill is passed, and the "Homestay Program" begins in earnest.

-With an increase in funding following the Oil Breach, Monarch begins identifying new subterranean and hibernating kaiju species. To prevent public unrest, the locations and names of the new kaiju are left redacted. 17 new Monarch Outposts begin construction.

-Chariot Du Nord holds her last major performance in the reclaimed city of Osaka.

-Oodako X, the first seen in years, approaches the Japanese city of Wajima but is successfully driven away by Moguera.

-Monster Ops Neutralization (MON) is officially formed to deal with liminal related crimes and terrorism.

-A large winged and robed figure known only by the title of the "Red Queen" is spotted in multiple photos from a recent raid on the Cult of G. RQ is suspected to be the organizations leader.

-Sarcosteon. Wellington, New Zealand. Thirteen minutes into the attack, the animal lost interest and went back to sea, but initial casualties and property damage total up to the hundreds.

-Fall of North Korea: First appearance of Bulgrasari.

Brief battle between Godzilla and R.O.S.I.E. following mass irradiation.

2013:

-Kagiza remerges in Peru, wielding crude weapons and slings made of bone material taken from deceased Skullcrawlers. Kagiza challenges Mogilos for presumed Alpha status, and with its new weapons, manages to score a narrow victory over her. After a wounded Mogilos retreats over the Pacific Ocean, Kagiza takes her place at Machu Picchu.

-Tamamo self-impregnates with a biological process involving moonlight. Being the first captive instance of a pregnant Class IV kaiju, the event becomes a major phenomenon in the global kaiju community. Observation of the expecting mother becomes paramount. Changes to Tamamo's behavior are minor, aside from her sleeping in her cave area more often.

-A five strong Ookondoru flock attacks IS Academy in the middle of a shoreline training defense mission using Mecha Raptors against scrap Breacher's. A squadron of local students, including senior student Haruka Sakaki, manages to survive against the birds, killing one of them, long enough for a local Super X3 to be deployed. The remaining four birds are successfully destroyed.*Cult of G involvement suspected.

-Ugorora heavily damages the underground Pacific Dryad Tribal Settlement of Du Lac while chasing prey in the form juvenile Skullcrawlers, briefly causing a minor pyroclastic eruption that forces a major evacuation.

-A 15 meter Shockirus "Queen" later labeled Giger emerges from the Tokyo Quarantine Zone and is spotted multiple times in the Saitama Prefecture before a final incursion into the capital city of Saitama. Giger is terminated through Anti-Hedorah heat weaponry.

First use of MON Squad in combat against a Class I Megafauna.

-In cooperation with the Curry Dynasty and the KDF, the US Military launches a mission to end Atlantic Scourge II's decade long assault on ships and undersea Mer race convoys in the Atlantic following a recent assault on the Lorelei Kingdom.

Using the Gotengo, Atlantic Scourge is lured into a massive trench and hit with an Absolute Zero Cannon, slowing it long enough for explosives to be detonated on the sides and bury the Scourge underneath hundreds of thousands of tons of rock. While the operation is successful in rendering the Scourge dormant, current analyses from CKRF estimate that it will likely attempt an escape before the end of the decade.

2014:

-A massive golden heart, one preserved by permafrost under a Muan glacier system, is found and brought to the surface by a KDF expedition. The heart, warm to the touch, is sent to Area 51 in Nevada as part of Project: Prime.

-Tamamo gives birth at the back of her inland cave. The event is captured on hidden surveillance cameras and broadcasted to various research institutes.

The white furred, one tailed ten meter pup is given the name Shiranui. For much of the year, she remains in the cavern with her mother.

-Hofo Pepe takes up residence at Bikini Atoll.

-The Maladra space station is launched.

-The Monarch Leak: An unknown individual or individuals whose identities remain unknown to this day leak a massive amount of information from inside the nominally secretive Monarch. Major information includes the fact that an extinct group of Chitinous-Type Fae was living on the Marshall Islands, specifically around the Bikini Atoll area, and that nuclear testing at the atoll is believed to have wiped the tribe out.

Photos and other forms of evidence in the leak allege that the US government was aware of a sizable Godzillasaurus population between Lagos Island and near where the future Castle Bravo test would occur months beforehand, yet went ahead with the bombing anyway.

The Mondo Island underground is disclosed in almost in its entirety except for Level-4 redactions.

The rest of the report documents the names of hibernating kaiju and surrounding Monarch containment sites across the world.

Examples include Tursacra in Ireland, Jinjizu in Taiwan, Dragon Beetle in Mt. Vesuvius, Noho-Kulkan in Guatemala, Scylla in Arizona, Tarasque in France, Gryphon in Egypt, Tiamat in Kuwait, and more.

This information is delivered both in sealed envelopes to the offices of major news stations and in digital form on message boards online.

Riots, inquiries, and an intense manhunt for the possible leakers by Monarch follow in the aftermath.

-At Luna Nova Academy, recent spats of plant death in the nearby Arcturus Forest along with bizarre animal die offs is noted resemble an ancient event predicted to reoccur in the future involving a mythical entity known simply as "C'thura", a malicious beast with a myriad of powers that in local lore and legends required the nine oldest mages in the world and a large population from Mothra and Battra's (based on textual descriptions) species in order to be sealed away during a destructive rampage after it suddenly appeared around 2454 BC.

-Mobile "Red Tides" are spotted in the Pacific.

-In a newly discovered trench in a passageway below the Marshall Islands, a massive underground space believed to be Godzilla's home in-between travels is discovered. A massive expedition consisting of members of MON, the rebuilt G-Force, and the KDF is launched to track and observe Godzilla in his natural habitat. The exact events of the expedition remain redacted.*

-Destroyah Juveniles (12+) attack Los Angeles, California. Multiple casualties are taken, and at least one juvenile escapes into the open ocean.

First use of the CKR Ice Box.

-Battle of San Francisco:
Godzilla and Mothra battle Destoroyah Prime at the city. Alcratrz Island is destroyed and the Golden Gate Bridge is heavily damaged.

D-Prime is destroyed by Godzilla and Mothra. Military forces successfully destroy a large swarm of juveniles Destoryah. Godzilla and Mothra leave the area afterwards. Commander Douglas Gordon disobeys orders to pursue, citing engine trouble. A quick inspection afterwards finds the Gotengo to be in working order.

-Gotengo crew finds and destroys a swarm of juveniles attempting to fuse into a new Prime; gestalt destroyed.

2015:

-Katyusha, a Jerboa Mouse enhanced and enlarged in an illegal Nanotitaniun experiment by Russian scientists a decade ago, awakens from hibernation in the Russian wilderness. With a NT cannon biologically fused to its back, it runs rampant in the nearby Balkan States before retreating underground once more.

-Kaiotaita awakens in Algeria after Katyusha inadvertently crawls into it while burrowing towards Africa (Believed to be heading to her old territory.). They fight above ground, and Kaiotaita uses its mythical "Eye of Ra" to destroy the device on Katyusha's back. Wounded, Katyusha retreats while Kaiotaita takes begins moving around the Northern wilderness in Africa.

Katyusha laters resurfaces at the shores of Madagascar, exhausted and having absorbed the remains of its cannon to heal. Katyusha is then put into a state of torpor with ULT equipped planes and then airlifted towards Monster Island with a large Cable-Restraint Class Atragon carrier.

-Multiple documents from an underground Muan library are translated, showing a great deal of information about ancient Muan culture. This includes visual depictions of the Muan's themselves, descriptions of encounters with what are believed to be proto-extraspecies, and an account of a civil war between Mu and a breakaway state calling themselves the "Cryog." Other pieces of information include diagrams of a mechanical turtle similar to the remains that would later be reverse engineered into Chelonra.

-With Kaiotaita running rampant across Africa, a plan to take it out is drafted. Kaiotaita has several encounters and battles with other kaiju, such as Bunagi and Taligon II.

Operation: Sekhmet begins. Gotengo use is authorized. After being lured towards the desert in Egypt, Chelonra is deployed with upgraded full metal missile artillery. Local commanders use local folklore involving apparent sealing rituals to help defeat Kaiotaita.

An extensive battle in the Western Desert begins. Chelonra is badly damaged, but manages to make Kaiotaita recoil after shooting its payload into the kaiju's mouth. Gotengo manages to lower Kaiotaita's body temperature and lure it to a massive pitlike area hollowed out and filled with holy objects dug up near Kaiotaita's emergence area while a KDF Commander by the name of "Atsuka" performs the "Dark Spirit Pacification Ritual" detailed in local lore while massed air and energy fire is used to keep Kaiotaita in the pit. Once the ritual is completed, Kaiotaita goes into a state of torpor while the ground below it breaks open, causing it to fall miles below the surface while a Class IV energy barrier begins to grow across the pit.

Sub Sonar imaging shows Kaiotaita is still alive in the pit.

Attempts to use similar rituals on known kaiju have failed, either due to their physical composition begin different from Kaiotaita's or because the ritual itself appears to have been designed for Kaiotaita alone.

-An Ookondoru egg is found amongst several stillborn chicks in an incubator during a raid on a small Cult of G base in the ruins of Moldova. The egg is taken to Monster Island, where it hatches. The resulting infant male Ookondoru, named Luka by local staff member Marcellus L. Hendrick, is fed using cloned beef made just for the occasion.

It is then raised inside a local facility for the first year of its life.

-Gezahura, a Class II kaiju Hybrid-Type with traits of sharks and large salamander species emerges from the sea near Kyoto. Quick deployment of Moguera and aerial weapons lures it away from the area, where it is destroyed at sea by Moguera.

-The Wagandea War:

-Emergence of C'Thura, later destroyed in battle by Godzilla after assaulting numerous locations worldwide.

-Death of the first DragonLotus.

-First instance of Yggdrasil flesh interacting with kaiju biology.

-Destruction of 50% of known military mage forces.

-Discovery of the sunken kingdom of the First in the Hollow Earth space found in Lake Clarent.

-Irradiation of 60% of Arcturus Forest. Escaping wildlife prove to be a nuisance.

-Massive pop-up of magical and non-human groups that worship Godzilla religious occurs for the rest of year. No connection between these groups and the Cult of G is assumed to exist.

2016:

-In the aftermath of the Wagandea War, surviving magical and extraterrestrial forces work on rebuilding. ANEB is deployed in the irradiated sections of the forest. As part of an exchange program to help with rebuilding, CKRF agent and magical engineering specialist Croix Merides is sent to the reopened Luna Nova Academy. Current studies of samples of flesh from the Yggdrasil tree (kept in vaults beneath LNA) begin to analyze the way Godzilla's organic reactor interacted with it, along with a study into the ancient tree itself, and its history and its connection with magic use on Earth.

-Investigations in the Atlantean Mu subzone finds a "graveyard" with the remains of four turtle shaped mechs similar to Chelonra. Of note was the discovery of mummified, frozen organic material inside several sections of the mecha. It is believed that Chelonra may in fact have been a planned predecessor to larger group of cyborg defenders before the fall of Mu.

-More Muan investigation into ruins found near Costa Rica results in the discovery of an ancient Muan "Zoo,'' a site mostly in ruins but with intact date and scrolls listing feeding times and other date on creatures kept there. While most of the ruins are severely decayed, a few fossils of large megafauna are found. Additional data on various anti-escape countermeasures and a list of deaths begin translation. In a chamber below the main area, a frozen well preserved device containing preserved containers is found. The frozen containers hold DNA that is believed to belong to ancient megafauna and the specimens in the "Zoo." Operation Crichton begins in an effort to start translations and possible synthesis of the samples.

-During a specialized drone sweep of the moon as part of plans to make a functional base before 2030, the drone footage at the dark side of the Moon relays a shocking sight back to command on the Maladra; the fossilized remains of a Titanus Mosura and Kelbeam specimen, both presumably having died in combat with one another.

-The Cult of G attempts to raid Monarch Base 33 in Austria, one surrounding the hibernating kaiju known as Nosferatu/Vlad-Prime. Fortunately, base defenders and assistance from visiting psychics Miki Saeguesa and Rika Furude manages to repel the attackers without Nosferatu awakening.

-Gorosaurus disappears from its territory at Sumatra and reappears at Faro Island in the South Pacific. Due to the islands relative distance and Gorosaurus's lack of hostility to nearby natives, the area is declared a wildlife preserve.

-New Breacher populations appear near the Indian Ocean and are quickly repelled by Gandiva and the Indian navy. A pack attacks Sumatra only to be attacked by Kikiron, who kills and devours a good majority of the creatures.

-During a test of the newly repaired Vogeladra in Germany, Megaguirus IV reappeared off the coast of the Norwegian Sea after years of hiding underground and attacking island populations. Laura Bodewig the younger happens to be a pilot at the time and is considered the best option for piloting due to her genetic memories. Vogeladra is redeployed at Sweden as Megaguirus crosses the border. Combat ensues at the city of Karlstad, with Megaguirus using her speed and a new ability to fire stored thermal energy from her thorax against Vogeladra. Rodan, long confirmed as a rival species to Megaguirus, is detected overhead. After fighting off the RAF, Rodan joins the fight.

Rodan notably avoids engaging Vogeladra, and both end up coincidentally coordinating against Megaguirus. Eventually, Megaguirus is killed after being sliced and gored in half. Rodan proceeds to tear out some of the dead kaiju's exposed insides before flying away. Bodewig is given the Medal of Valor by the CKR.

Sightings of Rodan becomes common afterwards over Norway, Sweden, and Finland.

-Studies of material from Breacher nests and bodies are noted to contain particles similar to those generated by damaged areas of the Luna Nova leyline that are still undergoing repair. Research into possible use is ongoing.

-Kiyohime appears at Hokkaido and approaches the city of Sapporo, apparently intent on revisiting its old territory. At Sapporo, Kiyohime is confronted by Moguera. After a battle that costs the mecha an arm, it nevertheless manages to knock Kiyohime out of the city by firing all remaining weapons and damaging her fire breath with a close range EMP pulse. Kiyohime is then put into Torpor by a newly arrived Gotengo and then successfully carried to the Monster Islands by a squadron of Grasper aircraft.

-Now three years old, Shiranui is able to feed on more solid materials instead of just moonlight or her mother's milk, with Tamamo notably trusting Sanda and Baragon enough to "babysit" the young kaiju while she attends to other activities.

-Sasori III appears in the irradiated areas of North Korea during an ANEB deployment mission. Two Dwarf-Class Goten ships are required to destroy it.

-Kumonga II emerges from underground in Cameroon. Per the suggestion of local Monarch consultant Ishiro Serizawa, Kumonga is lured towards Bunagi's territory in Gabon using trucks of cloned Wildebeest flesh and destroyed by the larger kaiju.

-Mogilos lands at Mondo Island, causing the appearance of Amazonian flora and fauna to gradually occur while hampering a planned second expedition to the underground.

-An enlarged Spitting Cobra emerges in the Northern areas of Australia and attacks the Newcastle area before being driven off by Kinkuto. The snake escaped underground before it could be killed, and the last Sub Sonar detections show it to be beyond current MOAB range.

Specimen named "Yig." by Monarch.

-Maguma II comes ashore at the Indonesian island of Borneo, but is successfully driven off by new kaiju Khyranax in its first appearance. Khyranax enters the sea and escapes further detection.

Khyranax later shows up once more on the coast of Infant Island, apparently having been accepted there.

-Kraken III and Titanosaurus battle right outside IS Academy, with Titanosaurus managing to kill the armored octopus by crushing its brain. After eating multiple parts of its body, Titanosaurus rips off several tentacles and leaves the area. Footage of the incident goes viral and becomes common in future seminars on kaiju behavior at the Institute and beyond.

-A horse sized infant theropod kaiju is found in a power plant in Philadelphia, with multiple malformations on its body. Instead of destroying it, the local KDF treats its injuries with medical and cybernetic operations. Essentially "adopted" by the city, the creature becomes a case study on infant kaiju development and Nature vs Nurture. Officially, it is named "Lizadra" based off a local poll and merchandise including toys and shirts have become very common.

-High bioenergy signatures in the Biollante forests indicate the plants may be trying to reform the body of the original Biollante. Battle plans are drawn with the assistance of Erika Shiragami. Attempts by the forest to spread in Sudan are naturally kept down by Taligon II.

-Battle of Montreal:

Wolf-Kaiju Lycanoid first appears in the wilderness in Canada. Hammerdown is called for aid as the gigantic wolf makes its way from Kuujjuaq to Quebec. The situation worsens when Godzilla is spotted in the Gulf of St. Lawrence before coming onto land, apparently intent on hunting down Lycanoid. Hammerdown deployment is delayed due to lack of flight, necessitating a pair of Super X's to transport it. Crew is given food and water for the trip.

Hammerdown lands and all three converge South of Montreal. During the battle, attempts to drop MOAB's unknowingly trigger a dozen strong population of feathered Skullcrawlers to open up a chasm nearby, distracting all three combatants. Lycanoid falls into the chasm while wrestling with three crawlers and is presumed dead.

Remaining crawlers are killed by Godzilla and military units.

Hammerdown fights Godzilla, but loses its drilling hand to a nuclear pulse after trying to stab a scar on Godzilla's chest. Godzilla ends the battle by judo tossing the mecha by its hammer arm midswing and turning its momentum against it. 75% of crew is knocked unconscious.

After pausing outside of Montreal, Godzilla fortunately heads back towards the North Atlantic Ocean.

-Days later, mecha specialists Caitlin Litghcap and Jasper Scheonfeld approach KDF leadership with written designs for a more efficient "Drift" system alongside specific designs for a new series of kaiju hunting mecha's.

-Mukadender reappears in Kuwait and approaches Monarch Outpost 07. It attacks the outpost due to being attracted to the local energy sources, unfortunately awakening kaiju Tiamat from her slumber. Resembling an extinct Sarcos Water dragon with Devonian-Type traits, Tiamat breaks out of the outpost and destroys nearby defenses and MOAB failsafes.

Mukadender attempts to lunge at Tiamat before she shifts out of her quadrupedal stance to her full height of 110 meters.

Mukadender is violently torn apart and disemboweled. Tiamat eats its head and scatters the rest of its body across the country before escaping overhead, engaging in a battle with Taligon II and forcing it to retreat over Sudan.

Gotengo and Mogeura crews accept a joint mission to hunt her down when Tiamat's CT-Type blood and the abilities it implies are discovered.

-Seven individuals of irradiated flying kaiju species later called "Servum" attack the third Interspecies Exchange Exhibition Convention in Honolulu, Hawaii. The creatures retreat after five of their numbers are killed off by local G-Force and CKRF agents, with at least a hundred human and non-human casualties and nearly a thousand injuries. The Servum had metallic flesh that gave them high durability and the ability to inflict an electromagnetic pulse on electronics within five-ten meters of themselves.

DNA taken from dead Servum was highly radioactive and bizarrely had key markers and energy patterns commonly found in Fae species and other mage capable species.

-Maguma II and C-Rex III are spotted by Monarch surveillance in the Arctic Ocean, keeping a wary distance from the nearby land.

-Monarch Outpost 54 is completed in the Southwest of Antarctica. Built to surround the electric crater, research and drilling begins.

-The Official Timeline (2016 Edition)

*[Classified]
"Lair of Godzilla" will be publically declassified before 2020 at the very least.

Original Kaiju
Vishnu Titanus: Giant centipedes based on the 2014 trailer monster.

Tamamo: Giant nine tailed fox. May have inspired the titular legend of Tamamo No Mae in ancient times.

Kiyohime: Giant fire-breathing serpent named for its similiarity to the titular character of the myth of the same name; It's ambiguous whether this is THE Kiyohime or just a giant monster that happened to inspire the myth.

Kraken:
A larger, armored variant of the Giant Octopus.

Pancho Villa: Giant Gila Monster based on the creature from a classic black and white film named "The Giant Gila Monster"

Quetzalcoatl:
A massive four limbed feathered dragon that first appeared in Mexico in 1988.

Resembles a deity of the same name. Not very hostile to humans.

Louvre:
A massive black mosasaur that menaced the Mediterranean before being killed and eaten by Godzilla.

Vlad:
A species of bat/ape creature with heavy stealth capabilities. Essentially a kaijufied Future Predator.

Nosferatu/Vlad Prime: A massive, heavily built bat kaiju hibernating in Austria. Believed to be a progenitor of the Vlad.

Ibaraki:
A kaiju hibernating under Mt. Ooe in Japan. Named after an Oni of the same name.

Tarasque: A kaiju hibernating in France. Named after a mythical beast of the same name.

Gryphon: A large winged kaiju hibernating in Egypt. Believe to be a source of old legends.

Tiamat:
A massive dark dragon with purple veins hibernating in Kuwait before she awoke in 2015. Named after a dragon from Babylonian myth.

She is considered a major threat due to the properties of her CT-Blood Type.

Vishnu Prime:
A massive Vishnu sleeping India.

Nidhogg:
A cold kaiju hibernating in England. Resembles a drake from local lore.

Breachers:
Deformed, unstable megafauna awoken en masse by 2011's Oil Breach.

Vana: A purple, fire breathing sea serpent worshipped as a God in ancient Mu.

Dagon: A massive eel/reptile/octopus hybrid responsible for multiple highly destructive events in 2004.

File 50
Monarch File 50

This is it.

The final chapter in this novel that became far larger then I expected it to be. You've read about Titans created by man and those who have inhabited the Earth years before we were around, about magic, magnificent machines, species right out of myth and legend, of men and women who rose to become the heroes in this Age of Monsters.

You have made it this far, and thus you and everyone else who has picked up this book will finally get to know one of Monarch's biggest secrets.

I will not personally see much of the reaction following the publication of everything I've collected; Monarch itself and other agencies, especially after this final file, will likely be after me for multiple charges, minor and major.

Don't worry, all of you have simply looked at these files. You will not be charged for possessing this information.

I myself will have fled the country by the time between this being published and you reading up to this point. Safe to say, I won't say where I am hiding, but I trust both my new location and those who know of it.

To everyone who has read these Monarch Files from the very beginning, thank you.

-Sincerely,

Former Monarch Agent S.G.R.

[-]

2001:

-Monarch analysts discover an impact crater in Antarctica with trace amounts fossilized organic material, extraterrestrial minerals, and frozen bioelectric energy deposits on top of it.

On the same day, Tornaq awakens from her slumber and heads South down through the Atlantic into the Antarctic Ocean. She comes ashore late in December before entering hibernation once 1,000 miles from the crater. Proposals for a dedicated research center are drafted.

2002:

-
Brutusk reawakens from hibernation near Moscow. He moves North through Siberia before heading into the Arctic Ocean. Months later, Brutusk comes ashore in Antarctica within 500 miles from Tornaq. The two proceed to brutally fight before retreating with mutually bleeding wounds on their chests and heads.

Both proceed to enter hibernation 500 miles away from one another and 900 miles from the A-Crater. As a result, the proximity of two Class IV kaiju to the crater makes construction of a research base impractical.

2011:

-After a full year of low K-Activity, volcanic kaiju Dogoran emerges from Mt. Kaidra in the Seychelles. It is speculated to be related to the trace organic elements in the mountain, and is also believed to not be fully grown.

Dogoran flies over Madagascar before heading towards Antarctica. It makes landfall near Brutusk and Tornaq, awakening both. After a three way fight, Doragon is badly sliced through the chest by Tornaq's claws, causing massive amounts of flammable blood to spill from its chest. Doragon retreats back to sea, later falling into the ocean.

T and B go back to hibernation. Current Monarch base plans are put on standby.

2014:

-With Tornaq and Brutusk in heavy hibernation with no response to human activity, construction begins.

-The Official Timeline (2014 Edition)

[-]

2016:

-C-Rex III and Maguma II keep a wary distance from the shores of Antarctica.

-Monarch Outpost 54 is completed around the newly named SK-Crater in the Southwest of Antarctica in order to study it and the bioelectric deposits above and below it. Built to surround the crater, research and drilling begins.

Constructed elevators and lifts help find deposits of an electronic, fleshy black fossilized material growing on walls below the crater. The material appears to look crystalline but is fully organic, and some personnel have reported seeing unknown symbols or script written on some of the larger bioelectric spikes during rare safe periods of observation due to their volatile nature. Whether these markings were made by intelligent species or are natural markings is unknown.

Built up bursts of energy triggered by physical contact or proximity to the organic deposits and a freezing blood-like mist with a similar signature to C'Thura's and Dagon's Bioradiation trails proves fatal to multiple personnel.

Heavy hazmat suits and MG-Level EMP armored lifts become mandatory for anyone going below the facility.

Specimen Information:

300 miles below the ice, A Class V entity that is either heavily dormant or dead according to its lack of a heartbeat and inability to appear on thermal imaging has been detected through Sub-Sonar.

The entities body is obscured by a potent sheet of frozen blood-like material and mist that causes humanoids to drop dead on contact no matter their protection, and that heavily corroded drones and other technological devices.

The hardened bioelectric fleshy matter around the area is believed to have been scrapped of the unknown organisms body as it fell into the crater, with the current environment making it hard to determine exactly when this happened.

What can be visibly seen from current heights is its massive dark torso that continually generates bioelectricity, and its main body that is around 110 meters long from what can visibly be seen. It's body may be larger if unobscured.

At least three long, blade tipped limbs are splayed out around its body.

A large bioelectric signature has been detected at the end of each limb.

Specimen labeled MX-0.

-From The Monarch Files. Written by S.G.R. Published October 31st, 2016.

[-]

Pictured: The only known photograph of Outpost 54.

1573102967980.png
From a lonely desk:

All public access denied. Official location off grid.

Prominent Muan lore and history consultants secretly moved to safehouse area of base.

May the Gods help us all if this is the one.

-Outpost 54 Site Director G. Fujimaru.

Back
Top Bottom