What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Godzilla: The Monarch Files [Completed]

File 16
Monarch File 16
My trip to Kyoto in 2015 was paid for by Monarch. The city became Japan's capital once more after the fall of Tokyo in 1995, with a 1.54 million population after the reconstruction efforts that followed. Today the city is quite prosperous, and has been home to multiple conferences involving the subject of both kaiju and extra species, including the famous Kyoto conference in 2001. Kyoto was also the place where liminal's were first publicly revealed to the world, and in correlation to this, Kyoto also boasts one of the highest city dwelling Youkai populations. A great majority of these tend to be mammalian species like kitsunes and forked cats.
Today, the purpose of my travels is to visit the ESP Institute outside the city limits. I will be visiting Furude Rika, a former student and current senior Professor of the Institute. She is an accomplished psychic and one of the current leading experts on the rare "Projection" art of ESP.

Rika was born in the village of Hinamizawa, which was devastated during Baragon's* first attack in 1989. A then sixteen year old Rika witnessed and survived this incursion, during which she activated her latent psychic powers to save herself and some friends from an out of control truck. Rika was then taken under noted professor Miki Saegusa's wing afterwards at the Institute. In her time there over the decades, she was the first to develop the art of psychic projection, and she witnessed several incidents like the Controversial K-Contact experiments of the 1990's alongside multiple other kaiju attacks. Nowadays, Rika remains as a teacher to new students and psychics while also acting as a consultant for solid based abilities.

After some travel time and sightseeing, I reach her office for the interview. The office has multiple models of various mecha and kaiju on some shelves in the back, alongside a varied collection of books relating to psychics, ancient myths and legends from the Gifu Prefecture, a few volumes on subterranean wildlife, and a Totenkopf novel**. Newspaper clippings line the walls, depicting photos of events such as Red Ronin standing over a defeated Baragon and other kaiju, members of the Aum Shinrikyo cult being arrested, and the official signing of the Interspecies Exchange Bill.

Dressed in a typical white lab coat like many of her colleagues, the middle-aged Professor Rika is waiting in her office. Greetings are exchanged between us, and the interview begins.
XXX

Q1: What is the experience of being an esper like?
A:
"It's not easy to describe to those without it. It is like describing color to the blind or sound to the deaf. But I'd say that at it's simplest, ESP is like a seventh sense. It's something new, and something that one who unlocks it will have to get used to. Yes, there are times when one can use psychic powers immediately as in a life or death situation, but those first times are basically like injections of adrenaline in that they are temporary and draining afterwards. Sometimes it can be frightening. But if you have enough discipline, if you take the time to really learn your abilities, then...it's like a whole other world opening up, one that you can touch if you focus enough. Once that happens, the feeling is both one of wonder, relief, fear...and responsibility. That part is very important, and I feel that everyone in this building should acknowledge this. If you want another explanation, feel free to ask the other professors. Next?"
Q2: What are your thoughts on the contact experiments?
A:
"Both failures and successes. While trying to influence another humanoid's mind is expressly forbidden by law depending on where you are, the experiments a few decades ago that involved reaching into the minds of wild animals has proved to be a worthwhile venture. Psychic volunteers have been able to see through the eye's of a Beluga in the Bering Sea and a pride of Lion's in Africa. The scientific potential is and has proved to be highly useful and informative. Of course, there have been hiccups. Mentally encountering a kaiju by accident or not rarely ends well. The ESP volunteers that accidentally summoned Sarcosteon towards the testing site near Fuyuki City in 1991 come to mind, even if disaster was narrowly averted. The few times kaiju contact experiments haven't ended in disaster involved captive kaiju such as the ones on Monster Island. Other instances that went well involved Rodan when it was hibernating in Mexico, and even so it went relatively well because the kaiju was in suspended animation essentially.

On the results of the actual experiments, very few have had any success in influencing a kaiju. The best that could be done was seeing the world from a kaiju's eyes for a few moments or seeing it's dreams, such as what happened with Rodan and the kaiju of the MI. That information alone has plenty of value to people from multiple fields. However, when a contact experiment goes wrong, it goes wrong.
The best result is simply being forced out of the kaiju's mind when it notices you are there, such as like what happened when Tamamo pushed out the volunteers on the Island or when Godzilla knocked Miki Saegusa unconscious when she tried to drive him away from the Persian Gulf. At worst, said kaiju will home in on the psychic minds that touched it's own like a beacon. Once nearly happened to me when I volunteered for an experiment. It's a good thing a nearby security team was there when that Meganulon drone stared breaking through it's cage to get at me.

Anyway, to put it simply, successfully looking into a kaiju's mind involves a multitude of factors, such as current environment, physical and mental state of the organism involved, and it's comfort level beforehand. This is key to the only successful contact experiment with Godzilla in 1995. That only worked due to a variety of factors involving both Godzilla himself and the people involved. That was before...Tokyo. Before it all went wrong.
Never mind, I didn't have much involvement in these experiments after the bug nearly tried to eat my face off. Still, I hope my answers are satisfying so far.

Personally, I feel that these experiments are very dangerous.

But trying is better then doing nothing at all."
Q3: How does it feel to be the creator of the first psychic projection?
A:
"Oh, that? It was mostly sheer luck. I wasn't even trying to summon her when I did it, I was just trying to lift some stones. I was as surprised as everyone else when it happened, really. Overtime, I simply repeated what I felt had happened, and in this time I felt I've done quite well with my projection. She's almost like family now, that's how good I am at wielding her- Oh, you wish to know how I feel for founding that style of ESP? Personally, I just feel I learned something new like anyone else starting out as a psychic. Potentially any student could crate their own projection given enough training. At least that's how I feel, and for those who wish to learn my office is usually open. As for the projection itself, in a way I did have previous-"

A loud, drum like alarm interrupts us both.

After a brief jump, the look in Rika's eyes echoes my own thoughts.

"Kaiju." She calmly says, and with nary a nod we are both out the door, me grabbing my notes and Rika several of her books.

Outside, it is pandemonium as expected as students and teachers dash out of various classes, testing rooms, and restrooms. Some try to move together with discipline, while others run forward as fast as they can. Shouts are heard all around us as the alarm continues.

More then a few head in the opposite direction from us.

The KDF designed bunker lays a few floors below us, with the nearby stairs being slightly longer but ultimately safer to use in this situation compared to the elevators.

Alongside a good deal of students and few professors, we reach the entrance to the Kaiju Raid Bunker. The circular vault entrance is under a red light, with the continuing alarm doing little to calm anyone. As Rika approaches the vault entrance alongside a younger, scruffy looking teacher, I hear some useful tidbits from
some students with their phones out among the crowd's panic.

"It's near the 10 mile mark at the bay-"

"I hear their calling this one Gesura-"

"Like the squid?"

"No, it looks more like a shark-"

At the entrance, the young teacher frantically starts running a hand through his messy hair. "It's not opening! The switch, I think there's some sort of error with it-"
Before Pandemonium can erupt even further, Rika politely interrupts him. "Stand back." The man turns around, then opens and closes his mouth when he realizes who is talking. He does as she says, stepping back. Rika walks up to the vault door.

She calmly speaks.

"Hanyu."
There is no flash of light, and no dramatic gesture from Rika.

The projection is simply there when she says it's name.

While I can't see the front of the entity, from the back I can see two curved black horns on a head of long-light purple hair. The projection is dressed in what I later
identify as a red hakama and white haori. Standing in front of the heavily armored entrance, the projection grabs the side of the door and pulls to the left.

After half a minute of audible straining and groaning (From the door), it is fully pulled open. "Hanyu" then vanishes as suddenly as it arrived.

Slightly scratching her scalp, Rika is the first to enter the darkened, spacious shelter. "Agent," she begins as lights begin to turn on inside the circular arena, "I apologize for the interruption. It looks like we will have to talk again sometime later."

As the rest of us file into the shelter without (mostly) running over each other, I can only hope that there is a toilet available.

[REDACTED FOR BREVITY AND FOR THE SAKE OF MULTIPLE INDVIIDUALS DIGNITY]

-All in all, upon exiting the city on one of the remaining transports, it was an overall informative learning opportunity.
XXX
*Baragon is the name of a one horned Oni from obscure Hinamzawan lore, one said to eat fire and live beneath the Earth. Said name was appropriately enough chosen by the KDF as the designation for the burrowing kaiju.

**A Series of horror novels set in the Edo Period of Japan's history by Hojo Satoko, a fellow survivor of Baragon's first attac

Last edited:
File 17
Monarch File 17

"Keep in mind, it wasn't just people who were getting eaten by those bugs. Many animals lost their lives to the swarm. The fact that both us and the animals have managed to recover since then shows that giving up is never the answer! Earth is home to all of us, and that is something we all must remember!"

-Conservationist and Megazoolologist Steve Irwin on the First Kamacuras Outbreak. Statement dated 2005.

"I'll be honest. Among all the explosions and the shooting and the roaring, it was probably love at first bite for those two."

-Film production designer and K-Watch tracker Patrick Tatopoulos on the aftermath of the Outbreak. Statement dated 1998.

"Listen here kids, this is it. Either we destroy every last one of these flying dills, or they eat us all. We are all that's left after that screwup at Darwin, and out shiny new robot is sitting around like a drongo. So I want every last man and woman capable of carrying a bomb and a flamer out there, because if these things reach adulthood and start popping out eggs faster then we can shoot em, we've already lost. But that ain't happening. Because today, we are going to kill all of those ankle biters and their tucker swallowing mom! I have seen you all fight, and if you've lasted this long, you clearly know the your doing.

When we fly and charge out tomorrow, let it be known that today was our loudest hour! We! WILL! NOT! GO! QUIETLY!

Remember boys and girls, we aren't here to fuck spiders!"

-KDF-Austrailia General Kano Goddard shortly before the Battle of Queensland in 1994.

1993:

-Kamacuras I. Brisbane, Australia. After attacking multiple civilians, it escapes over the open sea's just as the military arrives.

KDF-Australia established. Construction on Kinkuto, a Mecha visually based off the extinct Thylacine, begins. KDF-Asia Head Engineer Shinonono is sent to help in construction with Project: Kinkuto.

-Kinkuto is completed in Australia. Made from nanotitanium and with built in programming resembling that of the UK's Chelonra, it proves to be a very complex machine.

1994:

-In late June, Kamacuras I manages to sneak into Australia through a previously unseen camouflage ability. Pregnant, it lays its eggs in the Australian Outback before attacking numerous settlements and wild animal populations. Kinkuto is deployed, but the human pilot proves to be unable to keep up with Kamacuras speed and the complicated maneuvering of the machine itself in a battle at Darwin, one which ends with the human pilot having to retreat.

Kamacuras egg sack is found by the Australian army weeks later, only for it to hatch during an attempt to destroy it, releasing nearly a hundred horse sized praying mantises into the wild.

The First Kamacuras Outbreak begins.

Multiple attacks across Australia by Kamacuras I and her brood increase in frequency. Martial Law is declared.

In July, A bombing attack on the main "nest" of the swarm reveals it to be a decoy.

Per Shinonono's recommendation, Kinkuto is activated with only it's restricted AI upgraded with combat data taken from MehcaGodzilla's controls. It's battle damaged reactor is has multiple space crystal shards from the aftermath of the G War inserted into it's damaged reactor.

It autonomously breaks out of it's storage area and begins moving towards the Outback, ignoring all commands from it's human controllers back at K-Base A. It nevertheless battles any Kamacuras adolescents it can find.

In August, Komodithrax emerges from Shark Bay into Australia while Zilla rises from the Gulf of Carpentaria at the same time. Both begin heading towards the Outback, attacking and eating several young Kamacuras in the process. It is believed that they are looking for new territory.

Super-X attack planes are requisitioned by the KDF. Situation elevated to Code-Red G.

Kinkuto pauses in place at Barrow Creek and ignores further commands. It's current "Behavior" is blamed on the crystal fragments.

Zilla and Komodithrax make first contact at Lake Mackay, where they proceed to begin fighting.

A weather manipulation device is deployed in the hopes of defeating the insects, with the current logic being that what awoke the original Kamacuras could be used to drive them away or kill them.

A large gathering of the creatures is lured to a makeshift station at Queensland where the device is detonated, only for it to further mutate the creatures. The adolescents begin to grow to near adult size while Kamacuras I grows two extra claws resembling that of a crustaceans.

Zilla and Komodithrax are then attacked by the surviving mutated members of the swarm, and the KDF orders it's three new attack planes to bombard the area with cadmium shells as the Australian air force is deployed alongside it.

Zilla and Komodithrax quickly stop fighting each other and begin focusing their attacks on the swarm and the KDF forces.

At the same time, Kinkuto reactivates and rapidly begins approaching the site of the incursion.

In the ensuing fight, Kinkuto kills Kamacuras I with it's chainsaw before deactivating itself, while the swarm is destroyed by the remaining combatants.

Zilla and Komodithrax escape the remaining military forces, both of them working in unison to take out a Super-X aircraft before escaping into the Coral Sea.

Kinkuto is put into storage until it's glitches can get worked out.

Australia suffers major collateral damage, but manages to pay off much of it's debt by selling the mutated insect carcasses around the world.

In the decades after the outbreak, the sovereign country proves to be the second biggest recruiting ground for the KDF, directly after Japan itself.

-From the Official Timeline (2004 Edition)

File 18
Monarch File 18

One of the first K-Files I made back around 2013, done in standard Monarch style. Enjoy.

---

Species: Crustaceous Rex

Type: Aquatic Hybrid

Known Specimens: Three (Two Deceased, One Alive at time of writing)

Height: (58 Meters) I and II/(60 Meters) III

Origin: Hollow Earth (Current Hypothesis)

Mass: 35,000 tons

Note: As more information is learned, some written assumptions about the creature's biology and origin may change overtime in the future.

---
Characteristics:

-First appearing in Alaska around 1981, the Crustaceous Rex species has been noted as a sort of "Darkhorse" amongst kaiju fans for it's bizarre appearance and diet. Most incursions have taken place either at sea, with sightings of it on land being comparatively rare. The creature has highly varied diet, which includes liquid petroleum, petroleum products, fish, and cephalopods.

It's appearance has lead to it being labeled a Hybrid Type due to it containing traits of multiples animal species. It has forelimbs resembling that of a crustacean and crocodilian. Other traits include an jaw resembling that of an arachnid, along with four tentacles on it's chest that can regenerate over time. Another crustacean trait is it's hard greenish shell, one similar to the armor of other aquatic kaiju.

It's origin is somewhat of a mystery to current Monarch analysts, as a notable lack of K-Radiation had made it hard to determine whether or not it is a K-Mutation or a resurfaced Superspecies.

However, recent sightings around the Bering Sea's second entrance to the Panthalassa has lead to speculation of it being another escaped species from the Hollow Earth ecosystem. Until new expeditions can be sent into the Panthalassa Sea, more definite proof has yet to be found.

Behaviors:

-C-Rex is very aggressive when hunting, and has been known to attack oil tankers and drilling stations for petroleum to eat. It will consume organic sea life when the opportunity arises, but otherwise the kaiju has been known to vastly prefer petroleum. The second C-Rex also devoured a tar road in Jamaica in it's initial attack, slurping it up within seconds when hungry.

In battle, C-Rex tends to fair poorly against creatures far bigger then it, and when wounded severely enough it will try to retreat. Against an opponent of a similar weight class, it fairs decently for long periods of time, using it's claws and four tentacles in a manner similar to that of a monitor lizard and a large octopus. It also displays the ability to vomit recently eaten tar at enemies in a steady stream for short amount of time.

C-Rex displays moderate regenerative abilities, with C-Rex II having regrown all four tentacles between 1989 and 2004.

Specimen Incursions:

---

C-Rex I [DECEASED]

-The first Crustaceous Rex appeared off the coast of Alaska in January 1981, where it attacked several oil tankers before coming onto land. The kaiju attacked the Trans-Alaska Pipeline and destroyed three pumping stations, consuming tons of oil in the process.

Godzilla* quickly came out of the nearby sea just as the local KDF forces reached C-Rex. Both kaiju proceeded to fight, starting a forest fire in the process.

C-Rex was quickly dispatched by the larger Godzilla, who then took it's body out to sea. Beforehand, quick use of a Maser Cannon by KDF Captain Ota Murakami managed to provoke Godzilla into causing an avalanche, dousing the flames in the process.

The corpse of C-Rex was last seen being eaten by Godzilla in the Bering Sea.

*Third instance of Godzilla appearing on American soil.

C-Rex II [DECEASED]

-The second C-Rex appeared in the Caribbean Sea in the summer of 1989. It was seen attacking fishing boats and sea life. In June it came on land at Montego Bay in Jamaica, where it ate multiple roads and civilians before returning to sea. It battled an intruding Zilla for territory later that month. The fight quickly escalated from the sea onto the nearby Spanish Town. After having it's tentacles burned off before being tossed of a cliff, C-Rex retreated from the Caribbean.

C-Rex II remerged with it's wounds healed in the Bering Sea in 2004, where it attacked a drilling platform before coming onto land at the island dubbed the "Omega Roost." which had been declared a no fly/boat zone by the KDF. C-Rex II was soon attacked by a territorial Komodithrax, whom was quickly aided by her partner, Zilla.

Against two kaiju at once, C-Rex II was overwhelmed and killed in twenty four minutes. It's corpse was then partially eaten. A later expedition managed to get some fragments of it's DNA while Zilla and Komodithrax were away from that section of the island.

C-Rex III [ACTIVE]

-
Has been sighted sporadically in the Arctic Ocean and Southern Ocean. C-Rex III is noted for it's thick coat of white fur around it's shell, a trait absent in previous specimens. It was first seen attacking an Oodako in 2007.

It has also been seen eating aquatic megafauna and Panthalassal organisms, but is rather skittish compared to it's predecessors; C-Rex III prefers to avoid combat with other kaiju and will often flee when another large creatures is nearby.

It's last major appearance was in 2010 during the BP Oil Breach in the Gulf of Mexico, where it fed on the spilled petroleum before retreating following an attack by a large group of Breacher Type Kaiju.

Since then it has remained in it's usual habitats, but starting in 2011, sightings have been far more far more common near Antarctica.

Misc:

-Despite their similar appearances, the C-Rex's and the "Clover" Kaiju that attacked New York in 2008 are not believed to be related to one another.

-The Ganimes Crab's found in the Panthalassa Sea are hypothesized to be a possible sub-species of C-Rex. More research into the subject is required.

Interlude V: Combat Record II
As the second and last pilot of the Red Ronin, Chifuyu Orimura's contributions to the world of piloting and mech fighting are taught in academies and classes all over the world, with archival footage often being used. Despite the disastrous events of 1995, she still serves to this day as an instructor and major general in the KDF.

Battles Fought (12)

1989:
Baragon. Fuyuki City (Victory by KO)

1991: Kamacuras III. Yokohama. (Victory by forcing enemy to retreat)

-Sarcosteon. Fuyuki City. (Victory by forcing enemy to retreat)

1992: Gabara. Hiroshima. (Victory by decapitation)

- Kamacuras I, III, IV, and V. Okinawa. (Victory through death's of III, IV, V, and retreat of I. Red Ronin assisted in battle by King Caesar.)

-Kiyohime. Nemuro, Hokkaido. (Victory through forcing opponent into retreat*)

*K fell off a cliff after getting stabbed in the side, so technically it was less of a retreat and more falling out of harm's way

1993: Hades. Mondo Island. (Victory by decapitation)

1994: Gezora and Kiyohime. Tokai. (Victory by retreat/death. Kiyohime had been hunting Gezora. Once Orimura realized this, she tossed it towards the serpent kaiju. Kiyohime returned to sea without further incident and was last seen feeding on a deceased Gezora.)

-Megaguirus III. Vietnam. (Victory by dismemberment and burning of enemy.)

1995:

-
Vagnosaurus. Toba. (Victory by destruction of target's head. Venom glands in tail taken for military use afterwards.)

-Kraken III. Ise. (Kaiju retreated after losing multiple limbs and an eye.)

-Godzilla and M-Berserker. Tokyo.

(Mission Failed: Red Ronin severely damaged. RR autonomously ejects pilot Orimura to safety despite being rendered inoperable minutes earlier. RR last seen buried under debris and lava. Mecha declared lost.

G and M-B continue to battle. City declared lost and labeled a quarantine zone hours later.)

1995 was a shit year. Not since Ghana or the oil breach in the new tens has their been such an extensive kaiju related disaster.

File 19 (The G War)
Monarch File #19

The Gargantua brothers are a case of "Nurture vs Nature" in a classical sense. One was raised in his youth by humans, the other lived most of his life in the water. One avoids violence unless pushed to the full limit, the other lashes out at the slightest provocation. Despite this, both have formed close bonds even after multiple fights and disagreements when they reunited in adulthood.

Sitting in Outpost cabin #66, I have a briefcase of photos in front of me while I write. Several of them are of Sanda the brown Gargantua in his youth. Very much resembling a young great ape, the child sized baby kaiju can be seen apprehensively petting a German Shepard (guard dog) in one picture while the latter's tail wags. In another, Sanda is eating some banana's while being walked down a hallway by his current caretaker, Akemi Togawa. A third photo shows him swinging from bars and ladders in an exercise room. Another one is a surveillance video of a subadult Sanda eating coconuts in the wild, bathing in a river, and battling a dwarf carnotaur.

Another group of photos are those of the Green Gargantua, Gaira. Having lived his live in the wild, few pictures of Gaira in his youth exist aside from blurry stills taken by cryptozoologists at sea. In my current case, these pics were taken after Gaira was acquired and transported to the Monster Islands. One shows Gaira irratly throwing a rock at Tamamo. The next shows him running down a hill as the irate mammalian kaiju fires her tail beams at him. The third depicts Gaira underwater while he eats helicopter deposited flesh ration. Other phots depict Gaira getting into fights and wrestling other kaiju in what is understood to be non-serious (usually) play (sometimes) fighting, chief among them Baragon, Gorosaurus, and his own brother (one that ends with both Gargantua's tumbling into a mud pit.) Overall, both are different yet similar at times. And both kaiju have photos of them in this habitat that Megazoologists would kill for.

However, when it comes to fame, these two specimens are most famous for a series of events that took place over a very eventful week in the year 1987, one that would go down in infamy for a multitude of reasons.

The G War.

---

1985:
During the ensuing clean up and movement of refugees from Tokyo following the second kaiju battle in the city, two infant hominid kaiju later named Gaira and Sanda are found in the ruins near a hospital. They are taken to Monster Island for study, but on the ship Gaira manages to escape from personnel, injuring several guards before jumping into the sea, where it is assumed dead for months.

At this point, Gaira's aquatic properties had not been discovered.

Sanda is taken to Monster Island, where it proves to surprisingly be far gentler then it's brother. The young kaiju, called a "Baby Bigfoot" by some more informal staff members, is raised in the facility, where it develops a close bond with staff members like KDF Engineer Tabane, Doctor Steve Martin, and Doctor Akemi Togawa. Later on, it grows quickly in size over the year, from the size of a small child to 10 meters in 1986. It later escapes it's home in the research facility and into the wilderness of Monster Island. Doctor's Togawa and Martin convince KDF leadership that letting Sanda live in the wilderness will be safer then keeping it in a place that it would likely outgrow.

Sanda is then seen through surveillance to wander the island, eating plants, catching fish, and sometimes engaging in minor battles with native animal life, along with a notable territorial battle with Cope and Marsh. Sanda notably avoids Tohru and outright runs when faced with the four adult true kaiju on the island.

Despite his roaming, Sanda notably keeps a close proximity to the base he spent his youth in.

Elsewhere, around the Sea of Japan, reports of a green "Aquatic Sasquatch" are given by divers and small fishing boat captains, along with a string of disappearances and shipwrecks at sea.

Origins of the Gargantua Brothers: [CONTEXT CLASSIFIED. ONLY PERSONNEL OF LEVEL 4 AND ABOVE MAY ACCESS THIS FILE]

Note from the Author: If you are reading this part, you are probably on a Monarch watchlist. My apologies in advance.

The brothers were human infants mutated in the womb during the 1985 Battle of Tokyo, as a result of exposure to G-Radiation. Their mother died giving birth to them months later, and once the unusual properties of the two were noted (along with Gaira biting off the fingers of an attendant), the KDF were called in to relocate the young kaiju.

This was the first instance of a kaiju being literally of human origin.

It is speculated that instead of suffering the normal effects of radiation exposure, the "Gargantua" may have had a rare gene that instead caused them to mutate into their current forms instead of dying in the womb.

It is currently believed that other "Seed genes" may be dormant in other organisms, meaning that certain stimuli and exposure gives potentially any organism the ability to become a kaiju.

To prevent mass panic, this information is to be censored, and the cover story for the discovery of the Gargantuas is to keep on as usual.

XXX

1987: The G War

At Monster Island, a massive monsoon storm damages nearby facilities and agitates the animals and kaiju there, with Tamamo breaching her area and swimming out to sea, where she attacks a massive eel. The Gotengo is deployed to help corral her back, but in the chaos Sanda escapes into the open ocean, seemingly to find his brother.

Tamamo kills the eel and peacefully returns to the island to feed on it's corpse in a cave. A a tattoo of a red bamboo is seen on the eel's skin. The eel is later identified as a surviving specimen from the gamma experiments at the end of 1970's.

At the same time, an Oodako appears and attacks a cruise ship, only for Gaira, now fully grown to 25 meters to attack it, driving it off. It soon becomes clear that Gaira was after the cruise ship itself. Gaira then eats handfuls of passengers before sinking the ship and disappearing under the waves.

The survivors wash up near the city of Fukuoka, Japan, where they report their story, confirming the rumors of Gaira's existence.

In the week that follows, Cryx I begins to glow brightly in it's dormant state on the moon, and it's core begins moving around inside it. USA and USSR prepare joint missile launch if Cryx reawakens.

Gaira later appears under the cover of another convenient typhoon, where it attacks the city of Fukuoka on the same night, before the JSDF finally tracks him down to a forest. Maser weaponry, upgraded with MechaG laser tech, proves sufficient enough to actually hurt the kaiju, even burning him at some points. Suddenly, Sanda appears and defends his brother, knocking the masers and tanks over with rocks. Notably, Sanda takes care to avoid any lethal injuries among the JSDF. He helps his injured brother up and both flee into the woods.

Both 25 meter kaiju manage to surprisingly hide themselves in the wood as the now pilotless Red Ronin is outfitted with a new AI to replace it's pilot system for the time being, and Radiation shielding for the battle to come.

While in the woods, the next morning is when Sanda see's the bloodied remains of human clothing from a nearby village and realizes that his brother has been eating people. Enraged, he attacks Gaira and the battle spills over a valley and back into Fukuoka. As Red Ronin is deployed along with the JSDF, it is suddenly rerouted when a JSDF submarine detect a massive biological signature heading for Fukuoka.

Entity is confirmed to be Godzilla.

Red Ronin is sent to engage Godzilla, as reinforcements are immediately called for from the UN.

The Gargantua brothers continue fighting as Godzilla rises from Hakata Bay.

Godzilla is engaged by Red Ronin. Despite it's upgrades, the AI is not able to improvise as well as human pilots and attacks in a very aggressive fashion compared to how a skilled pilot would fight. Godzilla's experience and skill is shown when he allows himself to be stabbed in the palm with Red Ronin's fusion blade, using this opportunity to dig his claws into Red Ronin's sword arm joints, resulting in him ripping the arm off. He then slices part of the head off with it's own blade before kicking out a leg joint, toppling the mecha.

Tossing the blade onto a warehouse, he enters the city.

On the moon, Cryx I's core rapidly grows in size, gaining limbs as it bursts through Cryx's outer shell, as it begins to grow in size, it levitates off the moon.

The USSR fires a nuclear missile at the new Kaiju born from Cryx's shell.

Instead of dying, the new kaiju rapidly assimilates the released energy.

Back in Fukuoka, Gaira and Sanda continue fighting in the now evacuated city as the JSDF fire upon them, with Sanda notably still trying his best to avoid harming the humans despite them attacking him.

At one point, Sanda tips over a tank that shot him point blank, only for Gaira to smash it. An enraged Sanda prepares to attack once again, only for both to be interrupted by Godzilla stomping towards them.

Godzilla notably appears to be confused by the presence of the Gargantuas, looking up at the sky for a few moments before roaring at them.

Gaira sees this as a hostile action and attacks. Godzilla easily tosses him back and seemingly prepares to finish him off before Sanda suddenly attacks Godzilla. Once more distracted, Godzilla kicks Sanda back down a street only for Gaira, seemingly recognizing his brother's attempt to help him to bite Godzilla, with Gaira's teeth actually making Godzilla bleed.

Godzilla once more tosses Gaira over a building, before knocking Sanda away with his tail.

What follows is a combination of both a kaiju battle and a cat and mouse chase, with the 25 meter Gargantua's teaming up against the 100 meter Godzilla across the city. Once they start working together, they prove to be a crafty duo, jumping and climbing across buildings like apes to avoid Godzilla's atomic breath while tossing vehicles and other debris at Godzilla to attract or distract him as needed.

As the fight continues on, the crystalline entity in space sends a shower of crystalline meteors at a USSR targeting satellite and nuclear missile silo that fired on it before heading down to Japan.

Entity begins to grow in size and takes on reptilian attributes.

It makes a beeline for Japan and appears over Fukuoka, sending down a storm of crystal shards into the city that destroy many vehicles and buildings, with one large crystal impaling itself into the middle of the city, and the resulting shock wave knocks over Godzilla and the Gargantuas.

All three stop fighting as the new Kaiju levitates down to the ground.

1563835922077.png
Still from the historical drama "G X G: War for Fukuoka (1994)". Credit goes to Toho Co., Ltd.

The creature, quickly named "SpaceGodzilla," summons clusters of crystals from the ground around it, causing a tremor over a 300 meter area around it.

Godzilla fires upon SpaceGodzilla, who draws energy from the crystal around it into the form of a reflecting shield. SpaceGodzilla then drains nearby buildings and it's own crystal formations for power as Godzilla prepares another blast. Both attacks collide, causing an explosion that flings Godzilla out of the city into the sea and brings SG to his knees despite him bringing up another crystal shield. Gaira, taking advantage of SpaceGodzilla's quick distraction, cuts into its chest with his claws.

SpaceGodzilla telekinetically flings Gaira into a building, sending it tumbling down on top of him. Sanda digs his brother out as SpaceGodzilla begins summoning more crystal clusters from underground into the buildings around the city, using them as energy sources. The brothers quickly retreat to the countryside as SpaceGodzilla continues constructing his "palace", and soon he begins sending crystal missiles into the air around Japan to spread and create more crystal formations.

A sonic boom emits from Infant Island as Mothra and Battra rapidly fly towards the surrounding area around Fukuoka. They attack and destroy all crystals in flight while destroying any landing clusters as they grow and spread into nearby buildings.

National emergency announced. At the current rate of crystal growth, Japan will be covered by the next four months.

Some crystal shards begin heading across the world, with some impacting in the Americas despite repeated attempts to shoot them down.

ICBM's launched with UN and PM's permission at SpaceGodzilla. SpaceGodzilla begins telekinetically flinging or destroying said missiles as they appear in his view, while Mothra and Battra continue trying to destroy his spreading crystals.

King Caesar reappears in Okinawa and destroys a new crystal tower there, notably absorbing a defensive beam from the tower and firing it back with his eyes.

Dragon Lotus makes her second appearance, this time in Osaka as she too attacks crystal formations as they try to spread, using her ability to create tornadoes to fling crystal shards away.

Godzilla rises from the bay and begins heading back towards SpaceGodzilla. Lurking around SG's fortress and behind buildings, he fires rays and tosses debris at SG intermittently, which SG blocks or tosses aside. Meanwhile, military forces are deployed at Fukuoka, with Gaira and Sanda being declared low priority. SG engages the military, while an upgraded Gotengo burrows under the Fukuoka Tower, the main building turned into his crystalized power source, partially collapsing it. Godzilla takes advantage of SG's ensuing outrage to charge and engage it in close combat. In physical battle, Godzilla outmatches and begins to beat SG, mainly focusing his attacks on it's chest wound.

An enraged SG finally knocks Godzilla back with an energy beam.

He drops multiple buildings and crystal shards on Godzilla psionically, all while continuing to engage the military.

Sanda and Gaira return, noticing SG distracted in dealing with both Godzilla and the military. The brothers tackle SG, critically distracting it. The Gotengo rises and fires upon SG as Godzilla also attacks it.

After some minutes of battle, an enraged SpaceGodzilla flings all it's attackers away in a burst of telekinetic power, sending Godzilla rolling across the city, Sanda into the bay, and Gaira, who had dug one of his eyes out, to the ground. After impaling the Gotengo with his long tail and flinging it away, the enraged titan begins flinging Gaira onto the ground, shocking him with its energy attacks all the while.

Utterly Berserk, SpaceGodzilla begins sending out massive blasts of energy from it's crystal formations that can be seen for miles. At this point, Mothra and Battra appear over the city and try their best to blast and knock away the chaotic blasts of energy from SpaceGodzilla, but they find containing all blasts and shards to be difficult.

SG then raises a thin, glass like crystal shard over Gaira, held telekinetically against a crystal formation. SG raises it's blade, intending to impale Gaira through the eye.

At this point, Sanda discovers Red Ronin's discarded fusion sword and runs towards SG, whose back is turned.

Sanda tosses the blade like a spear, the momentum impaling it through SG's skull and out of it's wounded eye.

In agony, SG's intense concentration drops, stopping it's hail of shards and frees Gaira.

As Godzilla rises from a cover of debris, the badly damaged Gotengo, with it's crew evacuated, is piloted once more by its designer and current captain, Admiral Hachiro Jinguji, who activates it's Simeon generator, now ironically powered by a crystal impaled through it.

As Spacegodzilla blasts Gaira and Sanda away, the Gotengo flies directly into its shoulder crystal, destroying it and tossing SG into the air. An injured SG fires a weakened Corona Beam directly onto the Gotengo's bridge.

The Gotengo crashes. Admiral Jinguji does not survive.

Godzilla picks up a large crystal and runs at SG, impaling it. Hefting his foe up, Godzilla blasts his other shoulder crystal.

The destruction of his two power sources severely weakens SG and causes all crystal formations in the city to start receding and shattering. Battra flies into the Fukuoka Tower SG used as it's main power source, toppling it.

Now badly injured and low on power, SpaceGodzilla goes ballistic with rage. Wounded, he flies into the air. Using the crystal impaled in him as a new power source, he goes
critical in a form resembling that of a nuclear meltdown.

"Burning Spacegodzilla's" meltdown begins to warp the atmosphere above it, creating a spatial anomaly resembling a black hole.

As Military forces retreat, with Mothra and Battra using their Prism beams and Pollen to try to limit the anomalies rapid growth, Godzilla begins absorbing energy from all the remaining crystals and shards like he would with a nuclear reactor.

The crystals explode as Godzilla absorbs their remaining energy into himself, lighting up his spines with red light.

What follows is the first use of Godzilla's Spiral Ray.

SpaceGodzilla is blasted into his black hole, with the explosion sealing it.

All crystals in Japan dissolve into light particles.

Godzilla pulls a trapped Sanda out of the rubble of the Fukuoka tower before tiredly walking away.

Godzilla stumbles into the bay after this, where he falls unconscious. Mothra and Battra carry Godzilla out to sea, where he awakens and seemingly acknowledges their assistance before disappearing into the Sea of Japan.

Pollen from Mothra's wings ends up have a healing effect on those caught up and injured during the crystal storm.

The Church of the Shiisa and religious worship of Mothra increases in membership in the aftermath.

Sanda stays with an injured, barely conscious Gaira in the ruins of the city.

Both brothers are successfully relocated by KDF teams to the Monster Islands.

Notable survivors include ESP student Miki Saegusa, who activates her latent psychic abilities, saving her fellow students and professor from a falling piece of debris during the battle.

Cleanup efforts retrieve some remaining crystal shards that still contain energy. Samples taken to G-Base for study.

1987: Following the Battle of Fukuoka, the controversial Jinguji Military Act is written, which will allow volunteers over the age of 14 to join the KDF and other Kaiju focused defense agencies in a combat role after two years of training at the age of 16. However, the act has yet to be officially passed.*

*It would be passed by 1989.

-The Official Timeline (2014 Edition)

---

Speak of the devil.

Just as I finish typing my main report, I hear a tree falling down outside the window of the armored cabin. I take a peek out, and what else do I find?

Sanda strides forwards, munching on a palm tree's like he's eating a carrot. Gaira is behind him, growling and stamping his feet. He's pissed about something, I don't know what. Sanda just grabs his brother by the shoulder and pulls him along. Baragon I can see on top of a nearby hill, waving a front paw like an old neighbor.

Tamamo I can hear growling from beyond the trees as if to tell Gaira to shut up. Gaira himself doesn't resist, more or less looking like he's pouting as his brother drags him along.

That image really does not belong on the Green Demon of the Trench.

As Sanda and Gaira enter their usual sleeping cave near the center, I can appreciate their bond.

Despite vastly desperate backgrounds and violent, rocky first meetings, they get along better then most of us do with our own siblings. Perhaps that's the lesson we can take away from this.

File 20
"Ever since the discovery of Ancient Mu and the resulting technology boom three decades ago, as you all may know the biggest advancement to come was quite literally the first mecha projects. The first mecha, Red Ronin, was already pre-made in the form of a 50 meter suit of armor that was dredged up from the ocean depths. Using translated Muan manuals, we were able to slowly restore it. The same went for mecha's Chelonra, made by the UK from the remains of another reverse engineered Muan design) and the Vogeladra, which was taken from the fallen Axis following the second world war and augmented with the bones of an extinct drake species and bonded to a Muan metal in a process developed by the now defunct Phanton Task group. Another example was Steel Zeus, one who was based on the fighting style of its pilot, retired wrestler Mark Zubaz.

All four of these "First Mecha's" required massive amounts of energy to function, and the same could be said for all current mech's. Nanotitanium plating does at least give a moderate solar charge. However, using Muan reverse-engineered psionic interfaces for these mecha's came with its own problem: Only those with an extremely high psionic potential could move them. Even if dozens of trained, fit soldiers were put in the pilots seat, they wouldn't be able to move it if they did not have that rare potential. As a result, individuals with possible psionic abilities were and still are highly valued. At the same time, before methods of detecting psychic phenomena became more common in the late 1980's, these psionic pilots could only be found by trial and error. In fact, the ESP Institute was originally founded as a way to discover potential pilots for future mechs.

Another drawback is that a pilot without the proper potential could end up killing themselves through the sheer strain of trying to move mecha. Multiple safeguards almost always had to be put into place for this very reason. Even the infamous Tabane Shinonono was not exempt from these rules. After all, she was given half a week in solitary confinement after hastily pushing cadet and future General Chifuyu Orimura into the pilot seat of Red Ronin during Operation: Groundhog.

The next type of mecha's during the first mecha era includes simple AI-controlled mecha's. After the first MechaGodzilla's attack, paranoia about an AI going rogue was understandable, so Mecha AI was made to be easily controlled. Examples include Chelonra, controlled by radio signals and later by a physical remote. Similar words can be said about the Australian Kinkuto, controlled by a pilot at first before its failure at Darwin. Afterwards, Kinkuto was given an MG derived AI. It did respond to commands and did successfully kill Kamacuras, but its erratic and later violent behavior afterwards resulted in its decommissioning. However, the latter could be blamed on the use of space crystals to replace its damaged body parts.

Gandiva, the Indian Mecha still in service, is one of the few where an has worked well, with the machine obeying its controllers quite well. Currently, it is believed that the ancient energy generating material in the stone half of the mecha may be why the AI hasn't malfunctioned or gone against its masters. Due to a lack of further stone material and India's decision to hold a monopoly on similar "Mystic Gems", further research is required.

Other AI's include the Shinonono developed Mecha Raptor's, Tyrannosaur sized creations meant for dealing with infestations of lesser kaiju. So far, success in irradiated areas of Japan have been all around reported. Self destruct in case of an emergency has worked with scrap copies.

The true second generation of mecha's began with the ill-fated human built Mechagodzilla II, the first human mecha to not be derived fully from Muan tech or with a psionic interface. Instead, it was built with pieces of the original MG and through mineral converted nanotitanium. To make up for lack of a psionic interface, the machine instead had five pilots working and operating a control system from inside. To make it easier, the controls were deliberately designed like that of a tank. This meant that while the mecha was not as maneuverable as its earlier counterparts, it was able to fire multiple weapons at once and multiple characters inside to keep attention on all systems at once.

Unfortunately, with the second MG's destruction in the last days of 1995 following its first battle, we may never truly get to see just what it could have accomplished.

In light of these past events and creations, my colleagues and I would like to offer a possibility if you would let us. We have been working on a design to replace the psionic interface without sacrificing speed or pilot reflexes. This system we are working on can possibly link the minds of multiple pilots in one machine together, with the combined thoughts and memories essentially substituting for one psionic mind. This "drift" is only hypothetical, but we plan to begin tests next year. As for new mecha designs, my colleagues are currently pulling up a presentation as we speak.

In cooperation with the United States of America, I'd would like to present Projects MOGUERA and HAMMERDOWN-"

-Professor Goro Ibuki at the 2001 Kyoto Conference, in a multinational presentation on the past of anti-kaiju mecha designs and upcoming projects in the field.

Interlude VI: The Fourth Wave
"A time of Renaissance and advancement. A time of mad science and chaos. You decide. Football season isn't going to watch itself."

-Journalist Hunter S. Thompson. Statement designated September 13th, 1990.

1980:
Project: Vogeladra completed in Germany, with the resulting mecha augmented by samples taken from Cryx along with nanotitanium in its insides. Among a set of potential candidates for pilots of the Vogeladra, a professional deer hunter named Laura Bodewig shows exceptional promise.

The main frame of the mech is made from the bones of a long deceased draconic-type kaiju. Created from the plans of an old WWII axis superweapon that had previously never came to fruition, it is hoped to be a new defense weapon for Europe in the vein of Red Ronin.

-BullDozer washes up on one of the Monster Islands after a typhoon. It establishes its territory and forms a seeming camaraderie with Prospector Pete, something unusual among the normally territorial kaiju.

1981:
Jirass emerges from the Loch Ness in Scotland. Chelonra, controlled by a primitive AI instead of a human pilot, is launched against the giant Frilled Lizard. Chelonra defeats Jirass in combat.

Varan emerges from the lake too, managing to use it's greater speed and agility to knock Chelonra down in battle. Varan moves into the waters around the UK.

Vogeladra is released into battle alongside Chelonra. Vogeladra kills a reawakened Jirass before being sent into battle against Varan after it attacks Edinburgh, who is lured back to the Loch with sonar calls.

Vogeladra injures it's jaw, causing Varan to retreat back into the Loch.

Vogeladra then goes berserk due to damage inflicted on it's head unit by Varan during the fight, requiring Chelonra to fight it off before it can attack the city. End result has collateral damage within acceptable parameters, and the machine powering off mid battle with Chelonra thanks to pilot Bodewig managing to shut it off with the radio assistance of spare pilot and technician Charlotte Dunois.

An investigation of the Loch reveals an underwater passage into the ocean, explaining how Varan and Jirass got into the lake in the first place.

Investigations into the Loch Ness Channel begin.

-Crustaceous Rex attacks the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System in Alaska, USA. C-Rex attacks 3 pumping stations and swallows hundreds of gallons of oil from the pipes themselves. C-Rex is then attacked by Godzilla, with the ensuing fight starting a forest fire.

Captain Ota Murakami, a survivor of the 1954 incident, successfully uses a maser cannon to provoke Godzilla into causing an avalanche, putting out a fire that would have been far more devastating otherwise. Godzilla returns to sea and is later seen feeding on the corpse of C-Rex.

1982: Work on new mechas begins in China, Japan, and the USA.

-Barugaron. Kyrat, Selgina. First Sighting of DragonLotus, who drives off Barugaron and disappears.

1983: Grown in size since it's first appearance, Sasori remerges in Las Vegas, Nevada. Sasori was driven to the surface by Ouroboros, who also appears and engages Sasori. With most military force focused on the coastlines, Ouroboros rampages around and kills Sasori, who manages to inflict a wound on the giant snakes hood before death. Ouroboros retreats underground after eating the remains of Sasori.

Some of Ouroboros blood is found to have mutagenic properties, with various primitive snakes generating out of the blood spilled on the streets. Kaijuzoologists speculate that the Ouroboros species may in fact be the source for most modern snake species.

1984: Breakthroughs in Genetic Science allow for the possibility of increasing human lifespan by 50 years, along with the potential to clone human tissue and other genetic operations.

After a decade, Chinese scientists successfully create a Dragon with the DNA sequences of various animals and extinct dinosaurs, along with blood taken from Ouroboros as a final key, one intended to act as a guardian in lieu of an expensive mecha. Muan Tech greatly aids this process.

However, the creature, named the "Tian-Lung", proves to be as animalistic as any kaiju, and it breaks out of the laboratory it was created in before rampaging in Hong Kong on it's way to the ocean.

-OPERATION SEAGULL:

A plan to lure Godzilla into the chosen Volcano of Mt. Mihara to kill (Unlikely due to Yiemniak incident, but it should be noted he was not completely submerged in magma at that point) or contain him inside the mountain.

Outline: Godzilla will lured into the volcano by audio of the vocals of another of his species, created from spliced audio of his own roars and Tohru's. Godzilla will be lured to the top, where explosives will be detonated around the mouth of the volcano, dropping him inside of it.

Godzilla is spotted approaching Tokai, lure used. Godzilla leaves the city and is lured to the top of Mihara. Explosives detonated.

Mission Failed: Godzilla escaped within an hour with atomic breath. First demonstration of Godzilla's ability to absorb thermal energy.

Isu Oshima evacuated.

Gotengo dispatched.

Godzilla used stored thermal energy from the magma to nullify the effects of the Ice Cannon. Luckily, the fight with the Gotengo seemed to "sate" Godzilla, who returned to the bottom of the sea as usual. Red Ronin dispatched to bring the damaged Gotengo back to G-Base.

Repairs on the Gotengo are sidelined in favor of the construction of the smaller, but speedier nanotitanium armored Super X plane.

Throughout the rest of the year, sightings of Godzilla are reported through the Pacific Ocean, typically in Japanese water's as usual, but sightings near the South China Sea are reported with increasing frequency.

1985:

-
Megaguirus II attacks the Mihama Nuclear Plant, feeding on it's reactor before retreating.

-Sightings of large dragonflies and local disappearances culminate in an attack on a subway train in Tokyo, done by Meganulon drones.

-Second Battle of Tokyo

-Death of Tian-Lung and Megaguirus II

-Retirement of Red Ronin pilot Hikaru Sakimori after being wounded in battle.

-Destruction of the first Super-X

1985: During the ensuing clean up and movement of refugees from Tokyo, two infant hominid kaju later named Gaira and Sanda are found in the ruins near a hospital. They are taken to Monster Island for study, but on the ship Gaira manages to escape from personnel, injuring several guards before jumping into the sea, where it is assumed dead for months.

Sanda is taken to Monster Island, where it proves to surprisingly be far gentler then it's brother. The young kaiju, called a "Baby Bigfoot" by some more informal staff members, is raised in the facility, where it develops a close bond with staff members like KDF Engineer Tabane, Doctor Steve Martin, and Doctor Akemi Togawa. Later on, it grows quickly in size over the year, from the size of a small child to 10 meters in 1986. It later escapes it's home in the research facility and escapes into the wilderness of Monster Island. Doctor's Togawa and Martin convince KDF leadership that letting Sanda live in the wilderness will be safer then keeping it in a place that it would likely outgrow.

Sanda is then seen through surveillance to wander the island, eating plants, catching fish, and sometimes engaging in minor battles with native animal life, along with a notable territorial battle with Cope and Marsh. Sanda notably avoids Tohru and outright runs when faced with the four adult true kaiju on the island.

Despite his roaming, Sanda notably keeps a close proximity to the base he spent his youth in.

Elsewhere, around the Sea of Japan, reports of a green "Aquatic Sasquatch" are reported by divers and small fishing boat captains, along with a string of disappearances and shipwrecks at sea.

1985:
Atlantic Scourge is spotted in waters near New England. G-Force Scientists in the American G-Base HQ attempt to use a K-Repeller derived from MechaG's K-Attractor generator to mentally force the creature to leave. Instead, the machine ends up causing the creature to move inland, where it attacks the city of Boston, Massachusetts.

Notable survivors include future President Matt Damon and visiting KDF Engineer Tabane Shinonono.

Fortunately, the creature's twenty minute rampage ends when the machine is destroyed despite being shut down, per Tabane's radioed orders, and it goes back to sea.

Research on the K-Repeller put on Hiatus.

1986: After years of roaming the skies, Rodan settles down in the volcano of Isla de Mara in Mexico. He goes into a state of hibernation, and KDF set up a research station to observe him in his slumber, and to prevent any attempt to wake him up.

-Ouroboros and Megalon remerge in Machu Picchu, Peru. They fight, with the battle spilling over into Argentina. At the same time, Gigan suddenly appears at Peru and attacks Saltora, which had been sleeping in the rainforest since 1964. Gigan manages to incapacitate Saltora and is about to finish it off when it notices the bigger, more dangerous Ouroboros.

He then attacks it, with Megalon seemingly seeing Gigan as an ally, even taking an attack from Ouroboros for him. Gigan and Megalon both manage to force Ouroboros back underground after puncturing several of her venom sacks and decapitating two of her heads.

Megalon appears to attempt to embrace Gigan before falling unconscious due to bite-inflicted venom from Ouroboros. Gigan buries Megalon, before flying off into parts unknown once more.

Megalon later awakens and burrows underground once more.

Saltora, presumed dead after it's fight with Gigan, suddenly reawakens and stomps a crowd gathered around it's corpse before heading out to sea, where it washes up on the Falklands, going into a coma. UK intervention results in Chelonra being sent to acquire the kaiju.

Saltora is then transported to Monster Island.

Monster Island Headcount: Three Megafauna (Male: Marsh, Cope,) ( Female: Tohru), Four Kaiju: (Female: Prospector Pete, Tamamo) Male: (Saltora) Male and Unique: (BullDozer)

- An artifact in the form of a damaged blue humanoid statue is found in India, one that automatically generates near limitless energy from a jewel in its forehead. The Indian Ministry of Defense seizes the device for possible use in defense of the Indian subcontinent and nearby areas.

The artifacts resemblance to certain figures in Indian Mythology gives the Indian government a claim to the object, and with assistance from KDF volunteers work is put into restoring it. Nanotitanium copied from Mechagodzilla for this process ends up having a reaction to the object once applied to damaged sections, causing it to form Mechagodzilla esque weaponry in place of damaged or missing limbs. The Mystic energy emitted by the now cybernetic statue results in secret magical specialists being brought onto the project, among them alchemists from Luna Nova and a sect of jewel wielding Magi from Japan.

Project: Gandiva begins.

1987: After losing a territorial battle with Bunagi, Tyrantasaur leaves the African continent and resurfaces in Bombay, India. The herbivorous kaiju walks through the city on its way to the jungle, causing tons of property damage due to its sheer size and strength. Gandiva is activated ahead of the date of it's public unveiling, and is sent into battle with a newly installed AI to fight Tyrantasaur. In the battle that follows, Gandiva proves to be far faster then expected in movement and reaction times as one would expect, with some attributing this to it's incredible energy supply. This proves invaluable against the far bigger Tyrantasaur in a battle in the jungle where it is interrupted from a tree feast. In the battle, despite losing some chunks of itself, Gandiva makes Tyrantasaur bleed badly by shooting off one of it's horns, and the kaiju retreats back to the sea in Gandiva's first victory.

-A week later, Tyrantasaur washes up dead on Yalong Bay in the Hainan Province ofChina.

Part of it's corpse has been stripped to the bone, while other parts of it bear massive bite and claw wounds resembling those inflicted by crustaceans, especially around its neck area.

It is assumed by some members of the kaiju community that the wounded kaiju was killed by Atlantic Scourge, but others speculate that a new kaiju may have been behind the kill.

-The G War

-First appearance of Spacegodzilla (Status unknown)

-Capture of the Gargantua Brothers

-First defeat of Red Ronin

-First use of Godzilla's Spiral Ray

-Following the Battle of Fukuoka, the controversial Jinguji Military Act is written, which will allow volunteers over the age of 14 to join the KDF and other Kaiju focused defense agencies in a combat role after two years of training at the age of 16. However, the act has yet to be officially passed.

1988: Grimmgarl, a massive alligator with a resemblance to an urban legend of the same name from the 1800's, rises from the Mexican gulf and comes ashore in Mexico. It attacks Mexico City, fighting the Mexican military. A group of worshippers of Ancient Aztec rites perform a summoning ritual, dying when Grimmgarl knocks over the ancient Aztec Temple they are at.

Upon their deaths, a massive feathered serpent kaiju with four wings rapidly breaches the surface from the bottom of the of the ancient temple the worshippers were in.

It proceeds to attack Grimmgarl, and is quickly named Quetzalcoatl for its resemblance to the ancient Aztec God.

Quetzalcoatl uses mastery over wind to beat back and force Grimmgarl to retreat back into the Gulf. Q then begins to fly around Mexico, retaliating against attacks by the Mexican Airforce but otherwise not causing any harm.

It begins flying to places of worship and old settlements of the Aztec Empire, and it begins to show signs of high emotional distress when it does not find any living members of the Aztec civilizations.

It then proceeds to rapidly fly away from the Americas after more searching, managing to evade an attack by North American air forces.

Q's current location is unknown for some time.

-Macrosaurus suddenly appears in the Caribbean Sea out of a spatial anomaly. It attempts to treat the islands as it's personal buffett before being attacked by Torrentula, a massive Anomalocaris with the ability to manipulate water. Being smaller but swifter and seemingly more intelligent, she manages to hold her own with ease against the obese dinosaur. The fight ends in a draw with Torrentula going under the sea and Macrosaurus escaping into it's anomaly, but the fight nevertheless heavily damages human infrastructure on the islands.

A month later, Quetzalcoatl appears roosting on the uninhabited Antipodes Islands of New Zealand, with Torrentula also living on the volcanic islands. Torrentula has made a Lagoon for itself, and both it and Quetzalcoatl seem to interact and coexist nonviolently. A KDF declared quarantine prevents any ships from coming towards the two, who seem content to remain there.

-The Reawakened Grimmgarl proves itself to be a recurring menace to both Mexico and the nearby Caribbean. After it attacks Panama, the USA uses this opportunity to attack Grimmgarl with a LS (Large Scale) prototype railgun, one that actually manages to injure the kaiju and even blast a sizable chunk of her chest off. However, Grimmgarl quickly proceeds to attack and destroy the stationary object despite it's wound.

After it goes back to the sea, it is concluded that future railguns will require a form a quick mobility.

-Continued investigation of the Loch Ness Channel ends up leading to a new ocean deep beneath the Mediterranean Sea. Opening up a thermocline cloud in the tunnels underneath the channel reveals a lost world filled with prehistoric marine life, one called the Panthalassa Sea. However, the breach allows multiple specimens, including a massive species of armored shark named Neomegalodons and a species of Gilled Mosasaur to escape out into the open Mediterranean. The aquatic Chelonra and upgraded Vogeladra Mecha are unleashed to fight these creatures after a series of attacks on fishing vessels and small towns and beaches near the sea. This extermination campaign kills many mosasaurs and megs, but one pregnant Mosasaur and a pack of Meg's manages to escape into bigger waters through the Strait of Gibraltar, a day before a minefield was going to be planted.

A large male specimen named Louvre survives and remains in the Mediterranean till 1989.

-G-Base 02 is established in Europe after the Panthalassa Outbreak, with all entrances to the underground super ocean quarantined by Nanotitanium subs. Work on a new Super X plan begins here, along with an energy beam reflecting Fire Mirror, meant for battling Godzilla.

1989:

-Gigan appears and engages Grimmgarl at Cuba after investigating some nearby underwater ruins (later confirmed to be Muan in origin), where he manages to decapitate her. A sect of secret KDF hired mages and Voodoo experts manages to exorcise the two Loa spirits in its body, preventing Grimmgarl from resurrecting itself. Nevertheless, the damage to the island is notable, and the government of Cuba ends up selling the one half of the corpse (claiming ownership over the corpse due to it being killed in their territory) to the Soviet Union and the other to the USA to pay for the damages.

-The Jinguji Military Act is officially passed, with a large amount of the volunteers being survivors of monster attacks, among them future Mecha Pilot Chifuyu Orimura, Marksman Arthur Marston, and CQC Expert Shiro Takamachi.

In addition, the KDF recruits some volunteer's from the ESP Institute of Japan, among them Miki Saegusa.

-Biollante Incident/"Arab Spring"

-Birth of the Biollante Forest.

-First kaiju attack in the Middle East.

-First attempts to use psychc powers against a kaiju.

-Mediterranean Godzilla Crisis

-Death of Louvre

-Destruction of the first Super X2

-Destruction of the first Vlad specimens.

-First loss of Vogeladra.

-In the Middle East, the rapidly growing "Biollante forests" begin expanding and utilizing fanged vines in self defense towards flamethrower troopers sent to combat the growth. In exchange for being allowed to analyze destroyed samples, the USSR assists ME forces in fighting the forests, with additional focus being on a way to harvest the vegetable material in an edible from.

Genshiro Shiragami begins working on project ANEB, with the objective of genetically engineering a bacteria strain that feeds on radiation, intended to clean up nuclear spills, with hopes for an oil spill eating strain in the future. The KDF and other military forces hope to use it to combat both the growing Biollante forests and the kaiju, specifically nuclear ones like Godzilla.

-On May 5th, Kikiron, Urogora, and Zilla go ashore and battle in Miami, Florida. This situation is worsened by an ongoing shooting war between the Russian and Colombian mobs at the time.

Zilla quickly leaves the battle after snatching some tuna trucks, while Kikiron injures Urogora and forces it to retreat. Before further damage can be done to the city, Gigan appears overhead and, after a brief period of the two kaiju seemingly communicating with each other, they fight.

The battle takes to the sky, and eventually exits into the outer atmosphere.

While both kaiju have appeared later on, the victor of this battle remains unknown.

-Titanosaurus. Ambanja, Madagascar.

-Dragon Lotus spotted seemingly "training" with King Caesar in Okinawa.

-Baragon emerges for the first time and devastates the village of Hinamizawa, and it eats many villagers while damaging the village itself before going underground. A notable survivor includes latent psychic Rika Furude, who activates her powers and saves her friends from an out of control truck careening towards them. Furude is taken under Miki Saegusa's wing at the ESP Institute.

-Work on Prototype Anti-Nuclear Energy Bacteria is successful in decreasing reactivity of Biollante and Yiemniak samples.

-More investigation of Infant Island reveals a massive underground Permian ecosystem, with swamp like biomes, massive lakes, forested areas and even plains. Wildlife includes large insects, goronopsids, scuttosaurs, sail backed reptiles, and freshwater versions of Devonian sea life like the Dunkleosteus.

-ANEB is deployed in the Middle East with UN consent. It proves effective in combating the forest, and lowers the Biollante forests radioactivity to the point of rendering blown of fragments edible. Trade agreements over cleansed vegetable matter proves vital to repairing the damage wreaked by Godzilla's battle with Biollante and against the still growing forest.

-The Sub Sonar Radar device (SSR) is developed, and proves able to detect Baragon, who is revealed to be sleeping and occasionally moving under Hokkaido. The recent Hinamizawa incursion has proven to be major source of panic, as inland areas thought to be safe from kaiju attack are now confirmed to be just as at risk, something already observed years earlier in Ouroboros attack on Las Vegas.

Plans are made to lure Baragon to the surface with controlled demolitions.

-Continued Investigations in Infant Island's Underground reveals more prehistoric creatures, such as the Megalania lizards, a new species of Titanomyrma with a notable resemblance to Meganulon's, and dwarf variant of a species of two limbed reptilian hypervores. Larger fossils of this species have been found since then, and ancient Muan records indicates that said species (Roughly translated as "Skull Crawlers" in Muan language) was active around the Lost Muan Age.

-Three flying Meganulon attack a prison, and later a nearby KDF training camp.

Two are killed by a combined effort from the 14 year old volunteers, among them Arthur Marston.

-Off the coast of Washington, USA, Komodithrax reappears and hunts pods of dolphins, and later unintentionally saves a cruise ship being attacked by a Neomegalodon. After wandering ashore to sunbathe, it retreats back into the water, but not before getting multiple pictures taken of it and becoming something of a local celebrity.

-Operation: GROUNDHOG

-The JSDF create a massive Anti-Kaiju IED made of plasma, napalm, and some Simeom energy.

The plan is to lure Baragon to the surface, and to lure the creature to a point where it's soft belly would be right over the IED, with the lure in the form of bunker busting experimental MOAB's.

Unfortunately, the process drives the creature close to Mecha Base 01 and the populated Fuyuki City, where the new KDF recruits were on maintenance duty as part of their education.

In the ensuing chaos, Chifuyu Orimura ends up falling into the cockpit of a refurbished Red Ronin, of whom a potentially psychically inclined pilot had not been chosen.

Gotengo is sent into battle, and at the same time Orimura is revealed to coincidentally have the psychic potential needed to pilot the ancient Muan tech.

In the events that follow, as Baragon approaches the city, Orimura ends up breaking out of the hangar. With no other option, the JSDF set up defenses and set a massive saucer of cattle blood at the IED to lure in Baragon if the battle fails.

Orimura manages to get a hang of the mech, particularly with assistance from Engineer Shinonono and Major Murakami.

In the ensuing battle, the nearby forest is set aflame. Orimura, piloting RR, manages to batter Baragon harshly, but lack of the fusion blade hampers it. Baragon puts up just as good a fight, even demonstrating the ability to perform cartwheels and other gymnastic moves despite it's large size.

Even so, a blow to Baragon's neck make it vomit and blocks it's breath weapon for a while.

Orimura uses this time to rip a wound open on Baragon's face before shoving his head onto the IED. Baragon is sufficiently stunned enough for the arriving Gotengo fire it's ice cannon, lowering its body temperature enough to send him into a state of hibernation.

Baragon transported to Monster Island.

Orimura is recognized and commended for her duties, and is scheduled to be transferred to the Mecha Division when she turns sixteen in 1991.

Monster Island Head count: Three Megafauna (Male: Marsh, Cope,) ( Female: Tohru), Seven Kaiju: (Female: Prospector Pete, Tamamo) Male: (Saltora, Sanda, Gaira, Baragon) Unique (BullDozer)

A Letter of Note:

To Specialist Tabane Shinonono,

I admit, in the end getting the kid into Red Ronin worked out.

Still, the official explanation could use some work. Orimura just "Fell" into the cockpit? Like anyone's going to believe that.

Yes, your actions brought success into the mission in the long run.

No, shoving the girl into the robot because you had a "Hunch" and leaving us to come up with a bogus explanation is not as easily excusable.

Yes, you took a huge risk.

Yes, she did ultimately test high for psychic potential, a rare trait we had trouble finding with already in the retired Hikaru beforehand.

Either way, you shouldn't treat this entire situation like a game.

She had just as much a chance of burning out if she didn't have the potential to work with the psionic interface.

Enjoy your stay in Solitary.

Salutations,

Colonel William Overbeck

-Selling now edible radiation cleansed Biollante vegetables during the "Arab Spring" increases profits for the ME.

Despite this, the UN Nations sign the Kaiju Human Gene Act of 1989, one made due to the kaiju related genetic incidents of the decade, amongst them the reveal of the Tian-Lung's origin as a genetic rogue creation of the Chinese government. This highly limits genetic research in kaiju or growth related areas, to prevent future monster outbreaks.

The Middle East is allowed to continue harvesting K-Material from the B-Forest, but they can not deliberately increase the forest's growth genetically.

Thus ends the massive "Genetic Renaissance" of the 1980's.

-Sightings of Godzilla in the Pacific Ocean, along with the discovery of some burned Oodako tentacles, confirm that he has returned to Japan.

-The Official Timeline (2008 Edition)

File 21
Monarch File 21

The Monarch Leak was a heavy blow to the organization's secrecy. For a long time following it's founding in 1954, Monarch had mainly been an intelligence and monitoring organization before constantly increasing megafauna attacks and events increased its power as new responsbilities and increased amounts of funding transferred to Monarch to help control the escalation of the past century. The higher ups preferred to keep on acting like Monarch was just a group collecting intel and studying footprints and waste.

No one needed to know about the battle plans beign drafted for different individual kaiju, the meetings and negotiations with the other races of the world before 2007, or about the various kaiju based ecosystems they were studying.

So when an unknown source went an leaked dozens of revealing documents and photos, everyone from the funding council to the researchers was affected. Almost all of Monarchs secrets was out. Everything about extraspecies that had been endangered by environmental destruction and wars over the decades. About how a whole species of Fae was wiped out by atomic testing. The population of Godzillasaurs that had been living at Lagos Island and the nearby Bikini Atoll and how the US army may have been aware of them a year before Castle Bravo.

But one of the most damaging blows was the reveal that Monarch was aware of and had constructed surveillance outposts around dormant kaiju across the world. While some of the hibernating titans were believed to have been recently "created" following the beginning of the Second Age of Monsters, others are believed to have existed and slept in their current states for centuries or even thousands of years.

Until the leak, the only ones aware of the locations of the outposts were staff assigned there or by Level-4 staff members and above.

Now anyone with Internet access could look up the locatoins of known outposts and the names of kaiju contained there.

Let it be known that the Outposts typically surround one kaiju, and should not be considered a relatively self-containing area like a K-Habitat (EX: Mondo Island/Infant Island) or a K-Containment zone where multiple large creaturs roam aroun but are kept there by one obstacle or another (Monster Islands/Panthalassa Sea).

Since then, Monarch has tried to rectify the damage by going public and increasing recruitment from civillian populations, and by publishing info about contained and newly identified kaiju species more frequently.

Here is a collection of all current Monarch Outposts surrounding a dormant specimen, including ones not covered by the leak.

Have fun.

/

Outpost Key:

Regular text: Exposed in leak

Italics: Exposed post-leak by Monarch

[X] Specimen has awoken and escaped at the time of writing. Recapture has been unsuccessful.

[C] Specimen is successfully contained and has yet to awaken at the time of writing.

It should be noted that not all of Monarchs outposts are devoted to studying dormant kaiju, and there are plenty of other outposts devoted to the study of other subjects across the world. Keep this in mind in case the number disparity confuses you.

/

Monarch Outposts: 2016 update.

[C] Outpost 36. Tursacra. Hill of Tara, Ireland.

[C] Outpost 99. Jinjizu. Nenngao Mountain, Taiwan.

[C] Outpost 84. Noho-Kulkan. Emergence Hole 17, Guatemala.

[X]* Outpost 56. Rodan. Isla de Mara, Mexico.

*Specimen reemerged and escaped in 1995. First publically acknowledged outpost before the leak.

[C] Outpost 55. Scylla. Sonoran Desert, Arizona.

[C] Outpost 24. Tarasque. Provence, France.

[C] Outpost 94. Gryphon. Sinai Peninsula, Egypt.

[C] Outpost 14. Earthquake Beetle. Mt. Vesuvius, Italy.

[C] Outpost 05. Yig. Haystack Mountain, Austrailia.

[X]* Outpost 07. Tiamat. Khashm Ghudday, Kuwait.

Emerged and escaped in 2016.

[C] Outpost 33. Nosferatu/Vlad Prime. Wildspitze, Austria.

[C] Outpost 48. Vishnu Prime. Kamet, India.

[C] Outpost 25. Nidhogg. Isle of Man, United Kingdom.

[C] Outpost 10. Rokmutul. Kauai, Hawaii.

[C]. Outpost 75. Mokele-mbembe. Jebal Barkal, Sudan.

[C] Outpost 66. Ibaraki. Mt. Ooe, Japan.

[C] Outpost 54. MX-0. [CLASSIFIED], Antartica.

File 22
Monarch File 22

Today on the fourth day of July in 2016, I am on CKRF Goten-Class* flying battleship while most countrymen are at home celebrating and blowing up their backyards. The view is quite breathtaking from up here, if I must say so myself as I watch from the windows.

Below the battleship I can see mountains and sporadic forest placement alongside the eerily empty remains of old towns. For one minute, the ships pass over a ruined series of shattered buildings. The sight of a shattered, burned spire confirms my suspcisions.

I am currently over the shattered remains Pyongyang, North Korea.

I could go over to the nearby office and interview ship Commander Lee Ina. I could walk into the nearby command station and watch the operators of the various weapons and flight controls of the vessel.

But today, I stay in this hallway simply for the view.

Its a common sight around the Pacific Rim, but in a way such destruction is still chilling whenever you see it in person instead of over a screen.

*Half the size of the current Gotengo, but lacking a drill in exchange for a SXIII class shield. Over seven are in operation worldwide. Reactor Type: Plasma.

/

The Fall of North Korea began in the last days of 2012, not long after the Interspecies Homestay Program had begun in earnest.

Isolated reports of attacks on farmland soon became public despite all attempts by the local government to censor it.

On November 30th, the world finally became aware of a large 50 meter bovine kaiju with red, bumpy flesh and scales on its body as it ramped through the North Korean countryside. Like most before it, current conventional weaponry did little to stop it. An attempt to kill it with nerve gas by local military forces at Pyongyang failed when the creature simply stood up on its hind legs and rose above the dropped NG.

As the creature tore its way through the city in search of food and territory, local military support from China did little to deter it. With China's top Anti-Kaiju mecha R.O.S.I.E.* currently deployed in the Neo-Khan controlled Mongolian region, support from Level IV tech would take awhile to arrive.

In the meantime, the kaiju was finally given a name: Bulgasari after a similar figure from ancient myth.

Rumors of it's exact origin and documents often strew with typos have since exploded across certain sections of the web. Some say that it was a prehistoric superspecies awoken by nuclear tests in the country. Other sources of information both in and outside the country say that Bulgasari was a formally normal bull that was mutated into its current state by illegal K-Gene experiments. Either way, what followed left much of this truth likely lost.

*Robotic Operations Station International Exercise.

/

Proximity alarms ring aboard the ship. I can hear gears turning in the next room. Weapons are being armed.

A megafauna threat is nearby. I can't miss this.

/

After stomping its way through Pyongyang and heavily damaging the city, Bulgasari began heading towards Northwest towards what was revealed to be nuclear missile silo at Punngye-ri in the morning, likely out of attraction to the nuclear materials there. Two defense lines were destroyed by the creature before its goal was realized.

R.O.S.I.E. would have reached the country by next two mornings.

Bulgasari reached the silo at 6:30 am the day before. It is now known that upon reaching the silo, Bulgasari tore its way into a underground testing area and through either physical violence or an absorption attempt, the creature inadvertently detonated the nuclear device and four others in the silo simultaneously.

The explosion was seen as far as the DMZ.

North Korea from then on collapsed as a country afterwards in the aftermath. The heavy release of radiation alongside damage from Bulgasari's rampage has since left multiple swathes of the country uninhabitable for human occupation even with ANEB deployment.

Bulgasari itself disappeared following the explosion. It is believed to be either dormant or dead.

The aftermath involved a massive refugee crisis that continued up to 2014. Much of the surviving NK military has since then surrendered. Current leader Kim Jong-Un is believed to be dead or in hiding.

By the time R.O.S.I.E. was able to finally arrive, Godzilla himself came ashore* and later engaged the mecha in combat at the destroyed silo. The fight fortunately ended in a draw, with the mech's railgun being successful in managing to make Godzilla bleed from a scar on his chest despite having its treads crippled.

*Believed to be attracted by the massive burst of radiation.

Investigations in to the PR crater and various other irradiated areas of North Korea are ongoing.

Some of this effort has been hampered by the emergence and creation of various hostile megafauna created by the radioactive explosion.

/

Out the window, I can see it.

A massive scorpion stalks across fallen rubble, a greenish, crackling glow travelling across its body.

Sasori III. One of the first new kaiju seen after the Fall, and likely not the last.

I can hear the hum of the M-Cannon's charging up on the side of the battleship as I pull out my camera. Sasori raises its tail, and a lance of blue energy resembling a maser blast slams into the side of the ship.

The armor holds, and a volley of Full Metal Missiles slams into Sasori, engulfing it in a cloud of dust and fire. The battle has begun in earnest, and I'm not going to miss a moment if I can help it.

File 23
Monarch File 23

"You ask me, Petroleum use hit its death bell in 2011. Of course there was that giant spider* that Spectrum 7 accidentally woke up while drilling at Texas back in 2000, and then there was the Alcott Mining incident that back in '09 that drew out another giant bug**. Half of Panama City gone, geeze..."

"My point being, all these incidents add up together. Petroleum use has slowly gone down over the years because extracting new sources has become riskier and riskier every year as old, safe wells keep drying up. Plasma and Simeum reactors are replacing nuclear facilities, alongside new Plasma-Vapor gas pumps that can work in current petrol using vehicles."

"It's not going to be a sudden transition, of course. Lots of people are still set in the old ways and there are still plenty of gas stations across the world. But remember, petrol is non-renewable while Plasma and Simeum energy can be generated repeatedly with the right materials."

"Still, I'm hoping that the lessons of the past century and this will take root. After all, those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it."

-AKRP Advisor Doctor Mendel Craven from an 2015 interview at G-Fest.

*Kumonga

**Ghol-Dom

---

Indeed, non-renewable resource use has seen a considerable backlash after multiple incidents that have involved kaiju and more mundane accidents like oil spills or mine shaft collapses. As Doctor Craven said above, a majority of the current push towards renewable energy comes from the Oil Breach and ensuing Breacher Outbreak of 2011. The incident was not only a massed megafauna attack on the scale of decades earlier MechaGodzilla's first attack and the relatively recent Dagon Incursion, it was also one caused by severe human error.

Of note was that in certain areas, one could say that local humanoid and kaiju individuals were all attacked by Breacher's. In a way, this was one of the largest instances of humans and kaiju working together (however loosely) against a common foe.

---

Level I/II K-Species Profile:
Breacher

Released by the recent Deepwater Horizon Spill, the Breachers are a species of amphibious kaiju with traits of eels, crustaceans, ray-finned fish, and crocodilian species. They tend to have disproportionate limbs and various other deformities, with some specimens having no skin.

The original habitat that was broken open is notably filled with high levels of radiation and a geological pyroclastic scar. Old energy burns at the back of the caverns have long been speculated as an original place of emergence, despite there not being enough spaces in the habitats and similar Breacher nests to account for the massive amount of awoken creatures inside or for their heavy asexual reproduction, a process that is still being investigated.

DNA from fallen specimens has notable features similar to that of KNA recovered from, Dagon, Hofo Pepe, and Kikiron. Of note is the similarity of some deceased Class II Breachers towards the "Trespasser'' kaiju that came out of the Black Sea four years ago

-From K-Science Weekly Magazine (2012 Edition)

---

-Oil Breach:

In the Gulf of Mexico, a gas build up at the British Petroleum Deepwater Horizon drilling rig ends up blasting the station open, and an accidental energy overcharge created by the explosion overpowers the new plasma drill on the bottom, causing it to penetrate through and collapse numerous layers of seafloor below it.

This opens up a large crater, causing a chain reaction that makes new craters break up nearby, opening a new Megafauna habitat.

First Breacher Outbreak

The Breachers awaken from hibernation emerged from the newly created breachs into their habitats, rapidly attacking Mexico and the Southern coast of the United States, notably Florida. Panama, the Northern coast of South America, and the Carribean report Breacher attacks.

Further in the Atlantic and Pacific, attacks by Breachers follow the initial wave due to the crater opening chain reaction. Coasts of Asia, Europe, Africa, and Australia prepare for battle.

Hammerdown is deployed in New Jersey's coast. US Military and CKRF units are deployed around the coastal cities and areas of the USA, managing to take down many of the initial waves. Florida in particular incurs the largest attack by the Breachers, with many videos and photos taken by fleeing civilians and by military personnel.

Mecha-Raptors are deployed with human pilots for the first time. The new "Cybersaur" battle machine is deployed in Europe. 15 meters tall, the first unit proves effective against Class I-II Breachers in the UK alongside Chelonra, which is deployed to France and Germany to fill in for an absent Vogeladra.

The Gotengo manages to intercept and destroy multiple Breachers in the Atlantic Ocean.

Moguera is used to battle multiple Breacher's alongside the North coast of Japan, specifically around safe zones like Kyoto and Hokkaido.

Some Breachers approach Infant Island and are quickly repelled by its guardian kaiju.

King Caesar attacks Breachers that come ashore at Okinawa.

Godzilla is spotted multiple times over the year, attacking Breachers at the shores of China, Japan, and notably Vladivostok. At one point, Godzilla destroys a pack of Breacher's west of Kyoto, inadvertently saving the lives of thousands of civilian refugees.

Mogilos notably comes down from her perch to attack Breachers in South America.

Instances of other kaiju attacking Breacher's nearing their territories on islands or inland occur commonly throughout the outbreak.

In one example, an MLR spycraft at Sumatra witnesses Gorosaurus in a battle with a single Class IV Hominid-Kong Breacher.

Gorosaurus successfully kills its opponent by blowing the Breacher's spine out with his now infamous "Kangaroo Kick."

Mecha's Kinkuto and Gandiva are used to defend their respective nations.

The IS Academy comes under attack by five Class I Breacher's. Staff in Class I and II mecha's alongside an automatic missile defense grid successfully repels the attackers.

By the end of summer, most Breacher populations are fully culled. Remaining Breacher nests are sealed with ULT devices or destroyed by bunker busters. The ensuing oil spill is an environmental issue for years afterwards, but current efforts alongside the deployment of new technologies has managed to help clean up the oil spill.

British Petroleum is forced to pay massive reparations and eventually goes bankrupt two years later before breaking up. Worldwide concerns over safer, long-term replacement for non renewable fuels like petroleum take center stage in politics.

---

Recent studies from Monarch's tropical research teams alongside specialists from the Luna Nova Mage embassy are working on studying Breacher nests.

These sudies of material from Breacher nests and bodies are noted to contain particles similar to those generated by damaged areas of the Luna Nova leyline that are still undergoing repair. Research into possible use is ongoing.

File 24
[A woman in her early forties, the poised, sternly speaking Erika Shiragami is someone full of willpower even with her cane. She is quite the contrast to the young, smiling teenager I've seen in photos prior to the Biollante Crisis. Today on May 1st of 2016, she is giving a lecture in front of an audience at the second Serizawa Institute of Biology at Sapporo, Hokkaido. A prolific researcher with a heavy history involving work at the KDF, she has much to say about the dangers of research into domains regarding kaiju biology.]

"Some things should simply be left to rest. From the first monsters awoken by the atom to the current generation spawned by pollutants and war, the study of these strange beasts is always risky with rare exceptions. Not only is there a chance of catastrophic failure, anything ranging from looking at cells under a microscope to harvesting flesh from a dead monster is dangerous if not done right.

"Not only can you make something just as dangerous as your research subject, you may very well risk creating a new monster. As someone with personal experience in these matters, I know this all too well.

[Indeed. From Biollante to Orga to Bulgrasi, creating a new kaiju is all too real a risk. The first year of the 90's proved it all too well.]

1990:

-A weather-shaping device is tested on the Pacific Solgell Island, noted for its insect life. The plan is to make a prototype weather-based weapon for use against megafauna.* A science team is left on the island with a twenty five strong defense squad, among them Jin Act volunteers acting on it as a training mission.

Genshiro Shiragami is put in charge of the project.

After an overnight test to make some clouds, the next week radio contact is lost.

An KDF Team deployed by aircraft and armed with flame weaponry arrives on the island. They find it overrun with carnivorous fungi dubbed Matango. The matango are humanoid and hostile to the security forces, and in the ensuing battle both sides suffered high casualties in the fight.

The surviving forces retreat into an underground bunker. There, they encounter the surviving scientists and guards. Shiragami explains his hypothesis that the Matango were an ancient hibernating Fungi subspecies to Yiemniak who were reanimated when the Weather machine unintentionally caused the exact same moisturized conditions needed for them to live.

To stop the Matango from spreading immediately, a raid is launched by the now cooperating guards and soldiers on the main Weather processing facility, with Shiragami leading the group in the hopes of using the device to kill the Matango. A small majority of soldiers stays behind to guard the bunker.

In the raid on the now infested facility, all but five soldiers die. Shiragami himself is wounded by a Blade-Type Matango, but he manages to activate the device and change conditions by increasing oxygen to the point of incinerating the Matango from the inside. As all the Matango die off, Shiragami passes away minutes later despite attempts at resuscitation by the soldiers.

A KDF fleet arrives to pick up the survivors.

At this point, two Insectoid Kaiju appear from underground, attracted by the high oxygen content. They begin to feed on the Matango corpses and any few surviving Matango before engaging the fleet after being fired upon. The giant insects then leave after an aerial battle with some Nanotitanium Jets.

Kaiju classified as Kamacuras I and II.

-Despite some controversy over it's previous effects, a small generator derived from the weather device is added to Vogeladra in Europe to increase it's combat effectiveness.

-Erica Shiragami is put in charge of her father's previous projects.

-The Official Timeline (2008 Edition)

*Left unsaid is the possible use in human warfare.

/

[Of course, even after this incident there is one accidental kaiju creation that nearly makes the Seychelles incident look like a pillow fight. Only the Oil Breach has caused more chaos worldwide.

The artificial kaiju known as Deathla.]

/

1990:

-After being dumped into the disposal area called the Kaiju Graveyard, the remains of Hedorah, Yiemniak, and the charred Matango have a bizarre reaction to one another, causing them to fuse then reanimate, rapidly growing into a red blob-like beast with a humanoid torso and skull.

Kaiju classified as Deathla.

With nearby KDF forces on full alert, Deathla heads into the sea and displays multiple abilities, such as Hedorahs red eye beams, and the ability to split itself down into hundreds of flying locust-like drones. Deathla soundly defeats a nearby Chinese fleet and then devours the coastal town of Yao Guai. As it heads towards mainland China, Mothra appears on a flight path expected to take her to Deathla. KDF and Chinese military forces are ordered to not fire upon her. Mothra battles Deathla in Singapore. Mothra is forced to retreat after taking multiple burns but crashes into the ocean after taking an eye beam.

As Deathla approaches Mothra in the water, Godzilla rapidly breaches the surface near Deathla and tackles it away from Mothra.

As Godzilla continues fighting it, Deathla goes into it's locust forms and begins flying around Godzilla, using it's beam spam's and small size to attack and avoid him. Military forces fire on both of them. Deathla proceeds to devour nearby vehicles and smog in it's swarm form, than transforms back into it's adult form, now sporting six large tentacles on it's back, alongside improved energy weapon capabilities. As it begins to overpower Godzilla, Mothra uses her energy pollen to reflect Deathla's eye beams and new explosive acid breath back at it.

As Deathla recovers, she and Godzilla retreat.

Godzilla begins regenerating the massive amount of skin burns inflicted by Deathla as he and Mothra begin to reach Infant Island. At one point Mothra falters in mid-air and holds onto Godzilla's back for the last five minutes of the journey as both step onto Infant Island, with a KDF Jet squadron distantly watching from miles away.

After a tense stand-off between Godzilla and Battra, Godzilla sets Mothra on the sand and returns to the ocean.

Mothra proceeds to cocoon her injured body into a chrysalis in the cave below the island. Battra flies away in search of Deathla.

Deathla is seen approaching the African continent. Chelonra is deployed underwater to battle Deathla, but is forced to retreat due to acid damage. Deathla circles around Africa through the Mediterranean Sea and reemerges in Cairo, Egypt.

Dragon Lotus appears and battles Deathla, but the creature splits in half into it's swarm form and then into a crude red humanoid imitation of Dragon Lotus.

As it begins to battle Dragon Lotus, Battra appears and attacks it. As they gang up on it, Deathla's swarm form then instead imitates Battra before fusing back with it's other half, resulting in a crude imitation of Dragon Lotus with wings. It battles them both and begins to absorb nearby smog, growing in size. As Deathla begins to overwhelm the two, it is struck from behind by an atomic blast from a joining Godzilla.

As it begins to be overwhelmed from three sides, Deathla then roots into place and ignores all damage inflicted as it starts charging up a massive blast. Godzilla manages to pierce Deathla with his claws, causing it to unleash a pulse of energy from it's wound that sends Godzilla rolling into the bay.

In retaliation Battra activates an energy field around his body, one that reflects the ensuing acidic plasma beam back at Deathla, sending it out into the ocean. Battra itself takes a nasty wound to the neck in the process of deflection, and falls to the ground, only to be caught by Dragon Lotus, whom drags Battra away while Godzilla pursues Deathla into the water.

As Godzilla pursues Deathla out to sea, it assumes a more aquatic, shark like form to better match Godzilla underwater.

On Infant Island, Mothra emerges from her cocoon in a new, heavily armored form. "Armor Mothra" rapidly speeds around the world, out matching known speed records.*

Godzilla surfaces at the Strait of Gibraltar in pursuit of Deathla.

All military forces are ordered to avoid firing upon him.

Godzilla and Deathla fight right outside the Strait, with both evenly matched. The Gotengo is launched to test it's freezing weaponry against Deathla. Godzilla is blinded in the left eye in battle by Deathla's acid and even has fifty percent of the skin on his arms burned off. Deathla outright has a limb blasted off and has the back of it's head blown up yet still fights on. The Gotengo is badly damaged in the battle, with half its drill snapped off.

Godzilla manages to regenerate his left eye just as Armored Mothra flies down through the sky and impacts through Deathla, flying into its torso and breaking through the other side. Deathla sinks, and Mothra's armored form displays high aquatic maneuverability, outmatching the injured Deathla underwater. Mothra's energy blasts begin to burn Deathla's mass down, with assistance from a healing Godzilla further destroying it.

Deathla reconstitutes itself one final time in a blob with five fanged maws before Mothra unleashes a massive energy pulse at point blank range, annihilating Deathla completely.

The shockwave damages the Gotengo and causes it to start sinking.

Record Taken from Gotengo Audio-Box:

"Mayday mayday! This is the Gotengo, we have lost power and are sinking-[A large groaning noise is heard.] Wait, something's pulling us up-"

-First instance of Godzilla deliberately saving human lives.

After pulling the Gotengo to the surface and pushing it to a nearby small island, Godzilla turns to regard Mothra.

Mothra then flies out of the ocean, and her armor breaks open and dissolves into light. This "Energy Pollen" proceeds to float around the Mediterranean ocean. Godzilla's injuries are healed upon exposure to the pollen, and as expected he disappears under the waves.

Mothra's Energy Pollen proceeds to fly to all areas hit by Deathla, where the pollution damage affected by Deathla is dissolved. All injured in the conflict heal in record time after being in the same vicinity as the pollen.

Dragon Lotus, who broke an arm in the conflict, is also healed alongside Battra.

Battra and Dragon Lotus part ways after a brief period of what is believed to be communication judging by the roars and body gestures exchanged.

Mothra and Battra begin flying back to Infant Island.

Dragon Lotus once again disappears into the wilderness. Godzilla surfaces once more and seems to regard the crew of the Gotengo before returning to the ocean.

The Kaiju Graveyard is shut down, and all kaiju remains are sent to separate, far more secure facilities for study. Special Decontamination protocols are put into place to prevent yet another "Deathla Incident."

Last appearance of Godzilla for the next five years.

Five Years until Resurgence

-The Official Timeline
(2014 Edition)

*According to the Shobojin Scrolls, Mothra's species can assume this armored form "One day in a lifetime"

File 25
Monarch File 25

Infant Island remains a major location in the Kaiju community, alongside the likes of Mu and the Monster Islands. Located between China and Indonesia, the island is one of the few areas of the world where humans and kaiju have successfully coexisted for years. Aside from the "Rolisica Incident" in 1961 and a brief period of tension 1995, mainland relations with the island have been mostly positive, with unarmed expeditions to the area being allowed on occasion by permission of the native Hotua tribe. Occasionally, recent incidents like the Fourth Megaguirus Incursion, the Wagandea War, and the Oil Breach have resulted in attacks by hostile Megafauna on the island, usually requiring Mothra, Battra, and nearby allied kaiju to drive off or destroy them.

Stepping onto the island of a Monarch-boat in late in January of this year, it sure beats the cold back home. Various species of palm and elm tree steadily move in the common breezes in this area. With just a jacket, a camera, and a journal, I get to work.

Fauna:

A magnificent ecosystem exists here, one influenced in part by its proximity to the local "Rulers"*. In a tree above me, a head sized "Fairy Mothra" drops a wriggling thing, either a snake or a worm alongside some leaves into a next of branches and silk. I can easily imagine the young, brown larva eating their way through the dropped meal. Twins are the norm for the species birth rate, but more is not unheard of. The Fairy Mothra subspecies has mostly been observed in the wild, and as per the expedition agreement no specimens may be taken in captivity. Living in large flock's except when breeding, the Fairy Mothra's are notably bioluminescent in the dark like their progenitor. I've heard that its quite the sight at night.

Briefly running out of a shrub before disappearing is a creature with fur like a feline but a body like a lizard. It is a synapsid, a relic of a time long before even the Radioassic Era. Black fur with red patterns covers its body except for its head. With a yellow "crown" like that of a beared dragon, the creature lets out a hiss before darting away. I have just seen a Baparkeria.

Believed to have been derived from the same subspecies of giant moths that Battra hails from, the influence these carnivores take from the darker of the Islands "Rulers" is obvious. Their main food includes monitor lizards, turtles, and stray Fairy Mothra.

The Hotua cook them as a delicacy, and hunting the synapsids itself is considered a rite of passage among the youth.

Other notable native species includes a bone white tortoise species who calls these islands home. They have the ability to spit out a hot gas if bothered. Named the "Belvera's Tortoise" after one of the islands old rulers, either an ancient member of Mothra's species or a simple human priestess depending on who you ask.

An additional notable organism is a cat sized dwarf species of a hypervore reptile with two arms. Fierce and fast, they are rivals to the Baparkeria's the way coyotes are to wolves. Fortunately, they are nowhere near as fast breeding or as destructive as their far larger Class II relatives below Mondo Island.

The Infant Island underground ecosystem itself is a whole other world all together, acting as a holdover from as far back as the Permian period. Dwarf Gorgonopsids and Scuttosaurs live in wide areas below, and misty swamps containing large insects like centipedes and spiders are also common. At least one expedition had an encounter with a large fish in an underwater lake that resembled Dunkleosteus. Casualties are common for expeditions here, and coming here to hunt is a major past time of the Hotua.

One could compare it to the Panthalassa Sea and the Monster Islands.

*Despite what alarmists like Gen Shizuno would have you believe, this environment evolved over time according to its influences through the centuries like any other. Infant Island's fauna is NOT a screenshot of the future of every city and town that a kaiju passes through.

Natives:

The Hotua are a local tribe who calls the island home. Known for the natural white markings on sections of their bodies (initially believed to be tattoos by earlier expeditions) and for the antenna-like hairs on their foreheads, they remain one of the first examples of a true human subspecies.* They are believed to have evolved over time from their proximity to both Mothra and an ancient layer of fossilized pollen found on various areas around the island. Aside from a resistance to poisonous and toxic substances, Hotua have other notable traits. DNA and blood fluid samples are visibly and chemically comparable to known insect species, and the Hotua also have a endoskeleton layer over their bones beneath the skin that provided protection similar to that of light Kevlar.

The Hotua notably are not the original inhabitants of the island; testimony from the Elder Council and from written dialogue describes the Hotua as refugee's from a distant land, whom came to the island in wooden ships thousands of years ago to escape a catastrophe.

Judging by artistic descriptions and from the remains of old wooden ships found inside one of the islands temple areas, the original Hotua may claim descent from Africa or Polynesia.

Aside from a group of Elders who control day to day life, the Hotua are mainly lead in kaiju related matters by the Shobijin, a pair of twins born every generations said to have a telepathic connection to the current Mothra. Aside from being telepaths 95% percent of the time and telekinetic 5%, they have an ability to directly communicate with the current Mothra. They often use this ability to see visions of the past and have them recorded, with the paintings and murals Monarch have been allowed to see being a veritable treasure trove of the past. Those not classified at Level-5 include ones depicting at least five Mothra specimens (indicating that their was a sizable population on the Island before the Hotua arrived) in battle against various threats like the mythical C'Thura and the newly identified Kelbeam species.

It is stated that after coming to the island, they first made contact with Mothra. They were at first wary of the large moth and kept distance from the mountainous area where she lived, but after Mothra came to their aid against a large shelled beast named "Kamoebas" or "Ganmines", they began to coexist with and later worship her, naming Mothra a "Queen of Monsters." Despite their isolation and seeming primitiveness, the modern day Hotua are actually rather advanced in several respects. They are known for their high blacksmithing skill, with custom made self-defense weapons like spears, swords, and arrows alongside statues and armors made for ceremonial rituals. Hunting and smithing themselves are highly valued skills in the society.

The Hotua are quite martial when it comes to hunting and self-defense, but otherwise are rather peaceful if wary of outsiders they do not know long-term. Fortunately, current relations (mostly with Monarch) are rather peaceful for now. The Hotua mostly have a doctrine of doing no harm to one another except for pre-arranged authority based battles. Control over ones emotion and survival are long term goals alongside ceremonial worship of Mothra.

*Connections between known liminal species and possible kaiju progenitors is currently being investigated by relevant authorities.

/

With the assistance of local guide Malak Su, I take a makeshift lift down to the Hotua's grand underground temple, one area just above the Permian ecosystem area. As part of a rare opportunity, I have an opportunity to film one of the tribes rituals. It's a long walk from here.

/

The Church of Mothra (or Mothraism. The Hotua themselves just call what they do "worship") has been on the rise since the 1960's, one massively helped by Mothra's existence as a physical being who acts across the world and whom interacts personally with its followers. Preaching tolerance and love (sometimes more then the actual Hotua themselves), converts to the church tend to increase by the thousands whenever Mothra or Battra leave to fight a kaiju. Notably, the two tend to leave the island to find almost always if the kaiju they are hunting is extraterrestrial or supernatural in nature, as seen with Spacegodzilla and Kelbeam.

Notable on the island is how both Mothra and Battra are worshipped by the inhabitants. Where Mothra is seen as a both a life giver and a protector, Battra is only seen as violent. Considering that Battra first appeared as a larva in Hokkaido in in 1969 before growing to adult size, and has shown a much lower regard for human lives compared to the current Mothra, an elderly specimen with an age in centuries.

Whereas Mothra is commonly prayed for in strength in childbirth, trials, and festivities, the more wrathful Battra rarely interacts with his followers except for times of crisis, though in recent years it has appeared during daylight hours around the island more often. Battra is usually prayed to for luck in hunting or in battle.

There is evidence of worship of Mothra as far back as the so-called "Golden Age" an eon ago, where it is known that some liminal species worshipped Mothra, and the recent Wagandea War revealed that some "hidden" institutions like the Luna Nova Academy not only cooperated with ancient specimens to deal with Megafauna threats as far back as the first Age of Monsters, but that they also had pollen and bone samples down in vaults across the world.

Its even possible that ancient Mu worshipped the Titanus Mosura species, though admitably the only evidence of this is mention of an unnamed "Winged Life Goddess" mentioned in the same recovered waterproof scrolls that went into detail about other Muan deities like Manda and the Kilaak-

Religion in the Titan's World (2016 English Translation) by Hans Bruner

/

Titanus Mosura likely started off as a holdover from the Carboniferous period that managed to survive to the end of the Cretaceous. While it may have not likely been bigger then a cat or dog, enough specimens must have survived the KT impact long enough to adapt to the resulting radiation and slowly grow in size alongside other surviving species, resulting in the first proto-kaiju. Like the Godzillasaurus's atomic breath, Mosura's reflecting pollen and antenna plasma likely started as a way of venting excess heating and radiation.

Of additional note is the Titanus Battra subspecies. While some hypotheses believe that Battra is a male member of Mothra's race, with the horns evolving for duels over mating rights, this has been mostly disproven officially. The horns are curved backwards instead of forwards, making them inpractical for dueling. They are likely a different subspecies, similar to the difference between an alligator and a crocodile, or a hawk and an eagle.

Like most Radioassic species that would later become known as todays kaiju, Titanus Mosura and Battra went into a deep hibernation to survive after either a recession of surface radiation or a mass extinction.

Fossils of deceased Mothra specimens have been found in mines of the Phillipines and in a temple in China, with the dead skull of an adult Battra being found at an ancient altar in Australia recently.

Today, only one surviving specimen from each exists on Infant Island: An elderly Mosura specimen named Mothra and a Battra* that grew to adult size in the 1960's. Both live on the same island and coexist alongside each other remarkably well, indicating that both sub-species may have gotten along symbiotically since the Radioassic.

Notably, the K-Radiation of both specimens has proven to be harmless to humans, while the tribes living near them have notably gained no negative mutations in the long run, but have gained notable beneficial adaptions instead.

The same can not be said for giants like Godzilla or the heat generating Rodan, however.

Speculative Evolution of the Titans (2014) by Douglas Henshall

*KNA analysis confirms the current Battra to be male.

/

I finally reach the ceremony grounds. Stripping myself of certain items as per local custom, I head in with only my notes.

Hotua, in ceremonial dress and some without, sit in circles on logs and wooden sets all around a circular zone. At the center, there lies a group of Hotua youths armed with spears and shields. One of them goes without either and wields a pair of scimitar like blades. Whatever expressions could be on their faces is blocked by the wooden faceplates they wear. Golden, almost hay like flecks of pollen drift off their bodies.

Behind the pit, another group of Hotua wearing white faceplates begins smacking drums and chanting; they are soon answered by hisses.

Dwarf skullcrawlers and gorgonopsids, drawn up to begin the third and final rite of passage.

All of this is minor to me as I look above the pit.

There is a hole leading outside. One large enough to fit a building in.

I finally see her. Perched on ledge of big enough to fit her entire body on top own, the chosen Shobojin sitting on her head.

Mothra, Queen of the Monsters. Her wings are a vibrant shade of yellow and orange. Under the moonlight however, they glow blue thanks to her unique bioluminescence. White fur shifts across her body. Bright blue eyes shift along the crowd, and for a second they almost settle on me.

Abover her I see a red flash from another entity staring down: Battra, likely making sure no one interferes with the ritual. Almost like brother and sister.

The fight is over quickly.

Five youths have passed the rite of passage, and I got to see it all, along with the Goddess.

It may seem odd that a entity associated with peace would preside over such a ritual, but there is a simple explanation.

If you seek peace, prepare for war.

Interlude VII: Fifth Wave I
"History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man."

-Blue Oyster Cult's Godzilla.
Also the 90's in a nutshell.

1990:

-The year starts with the local expedition team on Infant Island witnessing and filming the sight of Godzilla emerging from the sea and heading for the central island, with current speculations being that he was looking for Mothra.

Upon nearing the island, Godzilla is confronted by Battra. After a period of aggressive communication, both proceed to attack one another. The following fight is captured on film, going from the sea to one the shores of a nearby jungle. Battra manages to cut Godzilla's throat while in turn Godzilla manages to slice a tear in his right wing with his dorsal spines.

Before the fight can continue, Mothra finally intervenes and reflects both monsters energy attacks back at one another before engaging them in a series of insectoid chirping and shrieks, while fanning the flames started by the jungle fight while seeming to point a wing at a nearby battle-damaged reef.

Following this, Godzilla heads away from the island and returns to the ocean without incident, while Battra goes back to his solitary mountain lair on the central island. According to the local Hotua tribe, Battra saw Godzilla as an "Abomination against Mother Earth" due to his status as a nuclear mutation.

Despite technically allying with Godzilla during the second Cryx Incident/G War, Battra apparently saw his arrival at Infant Island as a provokement and insult.

Mothra, by contrast has consistently seen Godzilla as ally. Her exact thoughts on the kaiju himself are "secrets the Shobijin only know." in the words of the Hotua.

-Due to brain damage inflicted by getting face-planted into a plasma IED by Chifuyu Orimura, Baragon is noted to be rather docile and even playful on Monster Island compared to the savagery and determination shown in previous conflicts. It even manages to become somewhat close to the nocturnal, solitary Tamamo, whom let's Baragon sleep at the entrance of her cave during the day.

-Monster Island Runic Barrier is set up. Tests using venom gas from Ouroborus successfully wards Saltora and Baragon back.

-Texts from the last days of the sunken civilization of Mu are discovered. Said texts describe a comet bearing a high "Biological heat" heading for the planet. The rest of the text describes "Impact Preparations", which include preservation of technology, "Safe Cities" built underground, and the start of a ritual to "Invoke Manda",* a Sea Goddess in Muan Theology. The text dates to about 70,000-75,000 years ago.

*It should be noted that Manda has a resemblance to a massive, burned serpentine skeleton found in the ruins of an underwater Muan city in the 1970's.

-Gandiva battles against Atlantic Scourge II, whom is notably bigger than the first Scourge at 110 Meters and displays the ability to vomit out an acidic fluid in Mumbai, India. Going by known Crustacean growth, this Scourge is believed to be female. As they fight, Gandiva takes advantage of it's relatively sluggish movement on land to repeatedly pummel it with its Shredder Guns and mystical energy attacks.

As it begins to start cracking the kaiju armor, Atlantic Scourge I rapidly breaches the water and charges towards Gandiva, seemingly in defense of its female counterpart. Distracted, Gandiva is promptly pummeled by both kaiju to the point of losing a limb and a Shredder Gun.

Minutes later, DragonLotus appears, somehow undetected within the city. It attacks the Scourges and assists Gandiva, taking advantage of it's smaller, yet speedier form to wear the kaiju down and attack as they become exhausted.

With DL's assistance, the Gandiva Mech rebounds and together they manage to combine their energy attacks to create a powerful blast that cracks Atlantic Scourge I's armor. A second blast tears into the hole and causes it to bleed excessively from it's chest and mouth. The first Scourge falls, and Atlantic Scourge II, recovering from a facial burn, picks up it's body and rapidly retreats into the sea.

DragonLotus quickly leaves into the wilderness and manages to avoid pursuit by the military.

Gandiva is then brought in for repairs, and Atlantic Scourge II swims away into the Bay of Bengal, and is last seen feeding on the still twitching male.

-Sergeant Douglas Gordon is promoted to the rank of Captain for his efforts in Operation: TBTS (Take Back the Sea), which involved use of submersible vehicles to battle Oodako, Mosasaur, and Neomegalodon outbreaks.

-Zilla battles C-Rex II in Jamaica and drives it off. Continued sightings around the islands waters confirm that the kaiju considers Jamaica to be his territory. The Gotengo is outfitted with new weaponry and the Sonar device used to detect Baragon a year early to prevent ambushes from all sides. The Gotengo is then deployed into the Caribbean Sea.

It pursues Zilla in an extended chase, with the kaiju managing to use his speed to avoid the Gotengo's new laser batteries and Freeze cannon, but nevertheless is unable to get close to it due to it's barrage of ranged weaponry.

In the end, Zilla manages to "detonate" an undersea volcano by diving out of the way of a missile barrage launched at it from underneath the Gotengo, providing a smokescreen that allows it to escape.

Nevertheless, the Gotengo's crew managed to drive it out of the Caribbean Sea.

Mission Accomplished.

-Mineral-Based kaiju Obsidius appears from and erupts out of Mount St. Helens and heads towards Seattle. (Notably, Mount St. Helens was impacted by one of Space Godzilla's crystal storms in 1987.) After proving resistant to laser weaponry, desperate KDF branch officers turn on a secret second K-Attractor device derived from Mechagodzilla in the hopes of luring another kaiju, perhaps even Godzilla himself, to fight the lava monster.

The machine instead attracts Varan, who emerges from the sea and fights Obsidius. Contrary to expectations, after a rough start to the fight the smaller Varan manages to gain the upper hand against Obsidius with his speed and ability to glide. Eventually, Varan manges to use his Sonic Howls to detonate the magma in various joints on Obsidius, causing it to begin falling apart. The collapsing kaiju manages to charge and grab Varan, only for both to fall into the sea. With its body prolifically leaking magma, Obsidius begins rapidly cooling in the ocean water. Varan manages to push Obsidius further into the water, where it finally becomes still after cooling fully. Varan decapitates Obsidius with his tail before leaving into the the deeper remains of Obsidius are taken by the US Government for study.

-Solgell Island Incident. Death of Genshiro Shiragami. First Matango Outbreak. First Appearance of Kamacuras I and II.

-Despite some controversy over it's previous effects, a small generator derived from the weather device is added to Vogeladra in Europe to increase it's combat effectiveness.

-Erica Shiragami is put in charge of her father's previous projects.

-Deathla Incidident. First instance of Godzilla deliberately saving human lives.

The Kaiju Graveyard is shut down, and all kaiju remains are sent to separate, far more secure facilities for study. Special Decontamination protocols are put into place to prevent yet another "Deathla Incident."

Last appearance of Godzilla for the next five years.

Five Years until Resurgence

1991:

-Chifuyu Orimura, now 16, officially begins training to pilot Red Ronin.

-At the ESP Institute, a breakthrough is made when student Rika Furude manages to create a horned projection that she calls "Hanyu", after a spirit worshipped in her hometown of Hinamizawa before it's destruction.

- Green Kamacuras/Kamacuras III. Yokohama, Japan. Kamacuras successfully driven off by Red Ronin after losing a limb. Blood analysis determines that it is not the same as either of the individuals that first appeared on Solgell Island.

-Kamacuras I and II appear at Infant Island. Mothra and Battra fight them and kill Kamacuras I. Kamacuras II retreats. Afterwards, the Hotua proceed to dismantle the corpse, using it's chitin to fashion various structure and weapons. It's flesh is either eaten at a feast or taken underground.

-A twenty five strong Meganulon nest menaces Chile and Argentina. Local military and KDF forces are deployed into the recently discovered canyon nest. The ensuing fight is interrupted by Kagiza, who proceeds to eat the surviving members of the horde before retreating once more into the jungle. It is believed that Kagiza was the reason why the horde was so small in the first place. Afterwards, the KDF and local governments decide to leave Kagiza alone in the hopes that he will kill all remaining Meganulon on the continent.

-Tornaq is spotted roaming the North Pole.

-Brutusk awakens from hibernation and territorially battles an invading Macrosaurus in Moscow, Russia.

The ensuing damage to the city and military forces of the USSR results in severe economic damage, and the eventual collapse of the Union a month later. The USSR's remaining Kaiju-Science organizations either join the KDF and go underground.

-The ESP Institute makes another attempt to study Kaiju Minds after the failed attempt to divert Godzilla's path in 1989.

To prevent another failure, the plan is to have Miki Saegusa, their foremost expert, make contact with a sleeping kaiju, in this case Rodan.

After taking a trip to Mexico near the Volcano where Rodan sleeps, the experiment begins.

Mike Saegusa successfully makes contact with Rodans dreams while it sleeps.

She manages to experience a vision of Rodan flying over a prehistoric landscape and then a mid air battle over Chile with Megaguirus I from a first person point of view. Experiment declared a success.

To prevent a possible awakening from Rodan, the experiment is halted after an hour. It is hoped that in the future more psychic testing could allow for the detection of hostile megafauna months in advance.

-Analysis of Mt. Kaidra years after it's eruption in the 70's reveals that 75% of it is made of stone-like organic fossil material. Radical hypotheses claim that it may be formed around the corpse of a dead monster.

-Sarcosteon. Fuyuki City, Japan.

An attempt by the ESP Institute to psychically influence schools of fish out at sea with a long reaching Psychic Amplifying Device (PAD) has the unintentional consequence of drawing the attention of Sarcosteon, who was in an underwater hollow space at the time.

Sarcosteon successfully driven off after having an oil tanker smashed into it's face by Red Ronin. RR severely damaged in battle.

Four Years until Resurgence.

1992:

-KDF Engineer Tabane Shinonono begins working on designs for a set of flight-capable combat exoskeletons.

-Gabara. Hiroshima, Japan. Kaiju successfully killed in battle by Red Ronin.

-Kraken II appears in the Mediterranean Sea and attacks refugee ships from the Middle East. It is successfully killed near Greece by Chelonra, armed with a new tracking system and remote command device. It's remains prove safe for human consumption.

-Titanosaurus. Cape Town, South Africa.

-The North American Mecha Steel Zeus is half complete. Plans are to have it be activated from afar by a psionic interface and a screen. Professional wrestler Zubaz is chosen among a selection of pilots during a mass volunteer test.

-Engineer Tabane requests access to the Mechagodzilla AI Core for research purposes (Exoskeleton AI). Request denied.

-Kamacuras I, III, IV, and V attack Okinawa, Japan. Red Ronin is deployed and initially overwhelmed before being assisted by a reawakened King Caesar. Kamacuras III, IV, and V are killed while I escapes, albeit by using V as a living shield before flying away..

-Tabane begins work on the "Scrap Kaiju", robots with primitive AI in the shape of dinosaurs that are meant to be "practice" dummies for Mecha pilots to battle against.

The first tests prove successful. Four Scrap "Megalosaurs" are created. Two are kept in Japan, one sent to Europe, and the other to the USA for use in training simulations by KDF pilots and foot soldiers by the end of the year.

-A Serpentine Kaiju later named Kiyohime appears out of the Hidaka riverbank in Hokkaido. It rampages around the prefecture, attacking several towns before Red Ronin can be deployed. In the ensuing battle at the port-town of Nemuro, Kiyohime is stabbed through the side with Red Ronin's sword before it retreats into the ocean.

-MechaGodzilla AI core is pulled out of storage, and Tabane is put to work alongside several other professionals in attempt to analyze it's alien data once more. This time, four video files are pulled from it's head onto a screen, videos shown to only 20 individuals at the time.

To prevent public panic, this information is redacted until 2014.

Three Years until Resurgence:

1993:

-The exosuit project, now codenamed IS, begins to go into further production. Prototypes are expected with current technology by 1996.

-Project MG2 Begins. The aim is to use Nanotitanium to create a new MechaGodzilla, one piloted by humans. Instead of being piloted by psionic control, the new MechaGodzilla is planned to feature a large four person crew in it's cockpit instead of one pilot. Construction begins at Adonoa Island.

-At the top of Mt. Fuji, a mineral-laden egg is found by a KDF Psychic operation. It is believed to have been laid by Taligon prior to it's death at Godzilla's claws in 1974.

-Sasori II and Vishnu III appear at Rhode Island, USA. Sasori and Vishnu attack and eat multiple civilians before being engaged by Steel Zeus in its first deployment. Sasori is killed in battle while an injured Vishnu is taken out by a bunker buster bomb while trying to flee.

-Plasma based missile weaponry is tested by the USA.

-After three years of little K-Activity, peace in Europe is shattered when Dogora, an extraterrestrial kaiju resembling an amoeba appears. Dogora first attacks old coal mines and factories across the UK and Germany in order to gorge itself on its alien Carbon based diet. Dogora proves to be highly corrosive and has a resistance to heat-based weapons like Maser Cannons.

Dogora then heads to Manchester, battling the RAF in the process.

Vogeladra is deployed with it's new weather device to Manchester after Dogora reaches the city. Vogeladra manages to blast Dogora in half, on for the two halves to both become smaller separate copies of Dogora.

Pilot Bodewig then activates the weather device, resulting in the creation of highly acidic rainstorm. Dogora's alien biology unexpectedly proves to be highly allergic to the crimson rain, causing both creatures to rapidly dissolve.

Dogora is destroyed, but the damage to Manchester is immense both due to the acid storm and Dogora's attack. Repairs and clean up take until 1997.

-Vishnu IV and V, both adolescent, appear in western Russia during out of a recently reopened coal mine. They break out of the border into Poland, and it soon becomes clear that the two are actually fleeing from another, larger monster, one believed to be their natural underground predator.

Gudon, a kaiju with whip like arms, breaks out of a nearby decommissioned mine and advances in the direction of the two smaller kaiju.

Most military focus is placed on combating Gudon, with Vogeladra being prepared for battle at this point.

The Vishnu's split up before going on to attack and eat multiple civilians across Poland as Gudon pursues them. Vogeladra is finally deployed, arriving in time to kill Vishnu IV as it attempts to enter the city of Cracow.

Vogeladra then heads to Warsaw, where Gudon corners and kills the last giant centipede. As Gudon feeds on the corpse, Vogeldra takes advantage of it's distraction to launch the first blow.

In the ensuing battle at Warsaw, Vogeladra successfully decapitates Gudon.

-Gigan, missing since 1989, crashlands into Tunguska, Russia. Gigan is missing an arm and it's sail is torn amongst other notable injuries. The newly organized Russian government (headed by Vladimir Putin in the aftermath of Brutusk's rampage in 1991.) organizes the military to bring down the wounded Gigan both to get rid of a kaiju and to acquire the cybernetics in its body.

Despite its wounds, Gigan puts up a fight against the Russian Military. As Gigan makes its way to the heart of Russia, it's movements begin to slow despite it's continued attempts to fight.

Five days after Gigan's landing, Megalon appears underground near Gigan's location. Megalon then pulls a limping, half-conscious Gigan underground. Megalon and Gigan proceed to disappear from radar.

-A distress signal from the Underground Megafauna Habitat Expedition is discovered by KDF-Asia*, from survivor William Randa Jr. A rescue mission is launched at M-Habitat 003, with Red Ronin being on standby in case of Megafauna attack due to the nature of the transmission.

William Randa Jr. recovered as only survivor. Skullcrawler A1 Hades destroyed in battle with RR. "Underworld Tapes" taken by Monarch.

-Megalon emerges in West Africa, where he attacks the the Nigerian Nanotitanium research facility. Megalon rips into the facilities storehouses, in the process stealing twenty large crates of solid Nanotitanium and tossing them into his entrance hole before retreating.

-Vagnosaurus attacks Oceanview, Guam. She eats multiple civilians and attacks a fishing trawler before retreating.

-An attempt by the KDF to replicate the ritual that awoke Quetzalcoatl is done in Greece near the foot of Mt. Olympus. Said ritual coincides with Urogora, previously having attacked Miami in her last appearance, suddenly appearing from under mountain despite no K-Activity in it beforehand. Urogora proceeds to run rampant, crushing the unprepared team in the process.

As Urogora advances through Greece, Vogeladra and Chelonra are deployed to take her down. Chelonra is also equipped with a new chest-mounted Prototype Cryonic Cannon.

Urogora is intercepted at Greece. In the ensuing battle, Chelonra's Cryonic Cannon is deployed against the giant Salamander, heavily weakening it. However, Urogora simultaneously enters an enraged state, and it quickly manages to heavily damage Chelonra, tearing off a limb and nearly cleaving the Mecha in half before Vogeladra is able to attack it from behind, scoring a critical hit to the back of it's head.

In the last phase of the fight, pilot Bodewig activates the Mech's weather device to cause a lightning storm and charge her fists with said lightning. Vogeladra manages to beat Urogora into unconsciousness at the cost of both the Mecha's arm's literally falling apart.

UK technicians remotely restore slight functionality to Chelonra, and manage to use the last of it's power to freeze Urogora.

Despite Pilot Bodewig's misgivings, an attempt is made to take Urogora to Monster Island. Despite being frozen beforehand, Urogora's internal heat reserves cause it to awaken and unfreeze mid-transport. Urogora escapes into an underwater volcanic vent, triggering a small underwater Earthquake in the process.

All future "Summon Ritual" tests are put on indefinite hiatus following this incident.

-Hofo-Pepe, a kaju resembling and soon named after a creature from ancient Chinese legends, emerges out of Mt. Maoyi at the Woo Wei Islands near China. It does not cause any damages at first, only flying around the sky before it nears India, resulting in Gandiva being pre-emptively deployed to fight it.

After a brief battle, Hofo-Pepe tears off one of Gandiva gun's, but it retreats into the ocean after taking a blast of mystic energy to it's blinded right eye*.

*According to the legend, Hofo-Pepe lost it's right eye in an avalanche. The creature here had an identical scar after emerging.

-Zilla is spotted in the English Channel.

-Years after it's initial attack in France, Gorosaurus remerges in Trifas, Romania, where it attacks a nearby cattle farm. KDF Europe is placed on high alert.

-Kamacuras I. Brisbane, Australia. After attacking multiple civilians, it escapes over the open sea's just as the military arrives.

KDF-Australia established. Construction on Mecha-Kinkuto established. KDF Head Engineer Shinonono is sent to help in construction with Project: Kinkuto.

Two years until Resurgence

1994:

-
A battle between Titanosaurus and Atlantic Scourge II results in both kaiju breaking a hidden cavern ceiling before falling into the Atlantic Mer Kingdom of Brine.

Multiple buildings are destroyed, and the Mer species living in the kingdom suffer massive casualties in the battle between the two monsters.

Titanosaurus retreats after having it's sail torn, and Atlantic Scourge II causes more damage as it exits the cavernous city, briefly engaging a passing Gotengo in the process.

First Level-4 confirmed encounter between extraspecies and kaiju post-1954.

-The American ESP Institute is formally established in Atlanta, Georgia.

-Work on the second Gotengo for Project: Titanomachy begins.

-Sarcosteon emerges at Tampa, Florida, and advances towards Georgia.

It is engaged and driven back by Steel Zeus, albeit with the mech itself being severely damaged.

*Notably, American military forces focus almost exclusively on evacuation and pre-emptive warnings to those in the kaiju path instead of battle. This decision has alternatively been praised and condemned by various groups since then. Some argue that doing so spared lives that would have been lost trying to fight it with conventional weaponry. Others argue that the US Military could have at least slowed it down, and that the government simply wanted to demonstrate Steel Zeus in action against a Tier 3 Kaiju at full strength.

Either way, this incursion would mark a change in military kaiju strategies.

-
As part of Op: Titanomachy, the initial drafts for Operation: G-Crusher are made in the event of Godzilla reappearing. In the event that Godzilla is successfully destroyed, the KDF plans to use this as an impetus to rally campaign to hunt down and terminate the known hostile megafauna species.

-A Simeum power plant based on schematics from MechaGodzilla's reactor is finally put into place in Tokai, Japan. On the same day it is officially activated, an injured cephalopod kaiju named Gezora comes ashore and wanders into the nearby village. Red Ronin is deployed to fight it. Kiyohime later emerges at the same area. Pilot Orimura deduces that Kiyohime was hunting Gezora and was the one responsible for injuring it.

After herding Gezora towards Kiyohime, she allows her to subdue and carry a quickly incapacitated Gezora back into the sea for consumption, thus preventing what could have been a devastating three way fight.

-Megaguirus III. Bangkok, Thailand. The adolescent kaiju and her brood attack the city, later raiding several settlements in Cambodia in the process and engaging local military forces over the rest of the year.

-Zilla makes landfall in Ireland before returning to sea. He attacks several ships and fights Chelonra before avoiding further detection for awhile.

-Sub-Sonar devices show Gorosaurus moving underground across the Balkans and Eastern Europe, with KDF-E teams preparing to engage should it emerge.

-Varan. Qingdao, China. As he moves towards the center of China, the Chinese Mecha Robotic Operations Station International Exercise (R.O.S.I.E.) is sent to combat it less then a week after being completed.

An international effort, the Mecha is equipped with a railgun improved by German Engineers, a kinetic American missile system, and a single claw developed by India.

It's weapons manage to force Varan into retreat, tearing open a wing membrane.

In the aftermath however, the current ruling city state controversially uses it to threaten ensuing riots from the Sons of Varan cult into compliance. However, the sheer energy costs of deploying such a large mech render further use impractical in normal warfare, in addition to it's slow moving tank treads which made it take days to catch up with Varan in the first place.

-Zilla and Gorosaurus. France.

An electrical error in a Sub-Sonar device causes the local KDF to lose track of Gorosaurus, only for it to reappear from underground in the city of La Rochelle, locked in battle with Zilla. Both kaiju fight brutally, with Zilla becoming the victor thanks to its superior speed. Before Zilla can feed on it's downed opponent, the arrival of Vogeladra and the French Military forces it to retreat into the Atlantic. In a state of torpor, Gorosaurus is then transported to the Monster Islands.

-A series of events results in several members of the ESP Institute whom were on break at the time, along with some colleagues outside of the institute coming across and foiling a plot by members of the Aum Shinrikyo cult to release deadly sarin gas in the Kaichi Heights area of Matsumoto, happening to hear the thoughts of the passing cultists nearby.

After the initial culprits are caught, their quick confession results in a massive police raid on Aum's headquarters, with numerous members being arrested along with the cult leader Shoko Asahara. The discovery of multiple sarin stockpiles, alongside documents and statements pertaining to a planned attack on Tokyo in 1995 that would have resulted in dozens or even hundreds of deaths, ensues multiple decade long sentences for the cult members involved.

-Kinkuto is completed in Australia. Made from nanotitanium and with built in programming resembling that of the UK's Chelonra, it proves to be a very complex machine.

-First Kamacuras Outbreak.

-Megaguirus III. Vietnam. After Megaguirus leads a night raid on Saigon, an agreement is brokered between the governments of Vietnam and Japan to prevent an outbreak on the level of Australia from occurring. In exchange for assistance, Japan will fund any reconstruction efforts in the aftermath of the battles against the massive dragonfly. Red Ronin is transported to Vietnam quickly using a powerful jetpack, one derived from MG's thrusters.

Red Ronin lands and with the assistance of the Gotengo, most of the Meganulon swarm is quickly destroyed. Megaguirus loses a claw and a stinger before finally being killed after a week long campaign.

While RR is being returned home by aircraft carrier due to damage inflicted on the jetpack by the insects, Barugaron emerges from the sea near Tokyo, only to turn away from the city and rapidly retreats into the deeper ocean.

A heavy radiation signature is detected near the place of its emergence.

-A joint KDF-ESP Institute contact experiment is done with a captive meganulon drone, with Miki Saegusa and several other psychic volunteers working together to peer into its mind.

The creature proves to be rather primitive, with the psychic volunteers gathering simple feelings and images indicating hunger and little else from it.

Afterwards, experiments done on Monster Island with Baragon, the Godzillasaurs, and the Gargantua Brothers provide a far more vivid picture, with the volunteers seeing memories and even dreams from the creatures perspective.

The final experiment of the year is done with the mammalian kaiju Tamamo, only for the attempt to make mental contact with it fail and cause two volunteers to fall into an unconscious state for four days.

During that time, Tamamo is noted to get into more fights than usual amongst her fellow "inmates", as well as displaying a more guarded attitude overall.

Upon awakening, the volunteers, describe being "forced out" for lack of a better term when they tried to see into her mind, similar to the failed attempt to influence Godzilla in 1989.

It is now believed that the larger a kaiju is, the more complex it's mental state will be.

-A breakthrough in K-Biology is made in a mainland Japanese KDF Laboratory, specifically in the study of regenerating cells, among them the cells of Godzilla, Biollante, and Macrosaurus. Future study is inhibited by the Gene Act of 1989, but for the currently secret Operation: G-Crusher, the Japanese government began negotiations with the UN to temporarily exempt the law for this instance.

Resurgence begins next year

-The Official Timeline (2006 Edition)

Falling Down: Resurgence
1995:

Year of the Resurgence

-MechaGodzilla II is completed at G-Base 01 on Adonoa Island and proves to be the most advanced KDF Mecha since Red Ronin's creation. Lacking a Muan Psychic control interface unlike other mech's, it requires a team of five pilots to operate it.

This new system, crafted by Mecha Specialist Tabane Shinonono, was made to avoid an over reliance on psychics.

This multinational pilot team consists of expert tank and helicopter operators. Despite it's incredibly high energy requirements and lack of CQC options compared to other mecha's, MG2's Simeum reactor and many onboard weapons, including a reflective diamond coating that can convert energy attacks into a "Plasma Grenade" and a selection of laser cannons and missile launchers copied from the original MG prove to be highly successful in live-fire exhibitions against "Scrap Kaiju" dummies.

-An egg is discovered at the base of Mt. Fuji, believed to have been laid by Taligon before it's death by Godzilla in 1974. The egg is taken to G-Base 01 and kept in cold storage.

-Neronga, a subspecies of Baragon, emerges from a collapsed silver mine in the Hubei province of China. The bioelectric kaiju begins attacking power plants to feed itself and recharge its ability to become invisible. R.O.S.I.E. is deployed to fight it from Beijing. At the same time, Hofo Pepe reappears from the ocean, raiding the Xiangerist controlled city of Qingdao before heading towards the same path as Neronga. Both kaiju reach Badaling, where a fight is first to break out between Hofo Pepe and R.O.S.I.E. Neronga watches the battle before burrowing underground, using it's invisibility to avoid a barrage of heat seeking missiles from the mecha.

In the ensuing battle, part of the Great Wall is broken before R.O.S.I.E. rends Hofo Pepe tangible with it's Kinetic Kill Weapon, causing the injured kaiju to retreat under a heavy barrage of military bombardment.

Moments after Pepe's retreat, Neronga finished digging through the ground directly under R.O.S.I.E., causing it to fall down through the new hole almost immediately. With it's tank treads and one manipulator arm, the Mecha is unable to quickly dig itself out. Neronga remerges nearby and then attacks the trapped machine, ripping off several missile pods and severely damaging the KKW. Neronga then leaves the badly damaged mecha before heading westwards to the Xinjiang province.

DragonLotus appears once more and battles Neronga when it approaches nearby settlements. Neronga is wounded and attempts to retreat before being cut down by the entity.

DragonLotus then escapes into the wilderness despite the deployment of advanced and heavy tracking systems and campaigns.

-Kikiron emerges from the ocean at Santa Cruz, California after it's disappearance in Miami. It wanders aimlessly, nevertheless causing destruction idly through its size. Steel Zeus is deployed and intercepts the kaiju at the border between Texas and New Mexico. Combat begins.

A Super X is deployed into battle alongside Steel Zeus. Steel Zeus's armor proves to be slightly resistant to Kikiron's talon's, but the creature quickly figures out how to attack it's unarmored joints. Steel's Zeus's left leg is collapsed while it's right arm is severed, rapidly turning the fights direction around. Steel Zeus's reactor is badly damaged, forcing the pilot to eject in a prototype escaped pod.

Steel Zeus explodes, creating a five mile crater. Kikiron digs its way out ten minutes later, with its feather's visibly singed.

Zubaz is picked up by the Super X aircraft. Kikiron begins flying away towards the Pacific Ocean, battling the US and KDF-America Airforce's taking advantage of it's wounded state.

Kikiron is engaged by the Gotengo over the Pacific Ocean, where it is frozen by a direct hit down its throat from the Gotengo's AZ Cannon. Kikiron rapidly sinks 2,000 miles away from Mexico and is declared dormant.

-After ten years of dormancy, Rodan violently emerges from the volcano it had been hibernating in at Isla de Mara. Rodan has massively grown in size, with volcanic material being fused into chest and wings. Rodan flies around Mexico and is spotted many times, and it flies over the Pacific Ocean after a brief battle with the local KDF air force, which it trounces. Rodan then manages to escape over the open sea and is later witnessed flying over Hawaii.

-Attacks on fishing vessels in the Bering Sea by large crustaceans results in the deployment of the Gotengo. A second entrance to the Panthalassa Sea is discovered deep in a trench. To combat a dozens strong population of the crustaceans (Now named Ganimes) and a duo of giant frilled sharks that have escaped into the modern ocean from the breach.

Chelonra is deployed alongside the Gotengo from KDF Europe to help combat the infestation. Both machines manage to fight off the escaped megafauna and seal the hole with the Gotengo's AZ cannon, but the Gotengo itself is heavily damaged after getting rushed by attacking Ganimes and frilled sharks.

Most of the population escaped for one Ganimes is destroyed. Gotengo is brought in for repairs after suffering a severe water leakage. Chelonra is returned to KDF-E.

-The last escaped Ganimes washes up on the shores of Vladivostok, Russia dead with all it's flesh gone and it's shell bleached white. Cause of death was determined to be oxygen deprivation.

-Gotengo II complete. Gotengo I placed in storage while the second undersea battleship is given a test run across the Atlantic Ocean.

-The recent project into Godzilla's biology is moved to Area 51 in Nevada, and then to Canada.

-A plasma rocket launch in Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia coincides with the awakening of a large heavily armored kaiju named Salamandora, or "Russian Godzilla" as it would informally be called.

Salamandora walks across Russia and inflicts heavy damage to all in it's path, which is headed straight for a dormant Brutusk, whom had been hibernating near Moscow after his battle with Macrosaurus in 1991.

To prevent a possible awakening, Vogeladra is deployed for the first time in a year. Due to Laura Bodewig being injured during a terrorist attack on KDF-Europe headquarters by the underground "Cult of G"*, spare pilot and engineer Charlotte Dunois is deployed in her stead.

*Injured in the line of duty while taking a bullet for a superior officer AND for personally taking out ten armed attackers with a knife and a cup of hot coffee.

Dunois is deployed by rocket above Russia, touching down near Salamandora eighteen hours later at the town of Serov.

Engagement begins five minutes later. Salamandora's armor proves to be highly resistant to Vogeladra's magical and energy based attacks, and it's flame breath also manages to badly damage 50% of the mecha's body. However, use of the weather device summons down a rainstorm that draws attention to an unarmored and highly sensitive organ directly on it's throat. Vogeladra's bladed feathers manage to puncture it, and a blast of lightning down into the wound heavily distracts the kaiju with pain. Emergency use of the back generator empowers Vogeladra, and in an on the spot plan pilot Dunois reaches into the wound and uses it as leverage to tear off Salamondora's head and part of its spine.

Target terminated. The remains of Salamandora are buried near the town where it was defeated. The torn out "Throat pouch" begins slowly growing in size on Vogeladra's fists, and is speculated to be a regeneration organ. Organ is placed in cold storage and Vogeladra in temporary quarantine. Pilot Dunois is awarded the KDF Medal of Honor and official co-pilot status.

-The last of the crystal shard's growing in the Kinkuto mecha are removed. A day later, Titanosaurus makes landfall at Brisbane. Kinkuto is deployed and manages to force Titanosaurus back to sea after wounding it's neck with it's chainsaw, but suffers a blow to it's CPU in the process. Kinkuto enters a non-responsive "Berserk" state in which it ignores all orders and head towards Queensland, where it killed Kamacuras a year ago. Kinkuto digs its way deep into the ground before entering a hunched position. After attacking a KDF convoy sent to retrieve it, Kinkuto is finally powered down. Kinkuto is declared unfit for further combat and sent into storage.

First instance of "Krystallak Syndrome".

-Headed by Tabane Shinonono, the IS project gets its first real success in the form of four bipedal mecha's. Shaped like a Tyrannosaur but with legs like that of a dromaeosaur, these bus sized mech's are meant to cause bleeding wounds on a kaiju with their teeth and motor powered sickle toed feet that can be targeted by bigger mech's to inflict crippling damage. Piloted by AI, they are planned to be a precursor to future machines.

-Resurgence Day: On April 27th, in the Pacific Ocean, a Toho funded K-Watch crew consisting of multiple patrol boats is investigating a drop off in dolphin populations. East of Japan at the center of the drop offs, the patrol is attacked by Barugaron, believed to have been a possible culprit after multiple previous sightings. After destroying most of the boats, Barugaron pursues the last remaining ship, one SS Calico. As Barugaron begins to overtake the ship, the next event was captured on camera by one Carl Majors.

Godzilla rapidly breaches the surface after being undetected due to the ship's sonar breaking during the chase. Godzilla aggressively attacks Barugaron, inadvertently knocking it away from the ship. Godzilla then pulls Barugaron under the surface and tears off it's right arm in the minute long battle that ensues. Barugaron retreats, bleeding heavily while Godzilla begins swimming westwards, notably sparing the Calico a glance before submerging.

First appearance of Godzilla in five years.

-International Alert declared. KDF tracker teams and psychic division organized to search for Godzilla's current location. Operation: G-Crusher receives a 50% funding increase.

---

"We should have left him alone. How many lives could have been saved if we didn't strike the first blow?

On Lagos, we were the ones to shoot him before he attacked. Then we nuked him. Reduced him to a skeleton.

And today, now, because of what we've done, he won't stop with Japan.

He's going to continue marching onwards until every last one of us is stricken from the surface of the Earth. I know what's coming, and I'm not going to bother running. Good luck to those of you who decide to try."

-CEO Yasuaki Shindo in a final phone call to an evacuating partner, shortly before the Fall of Tokyo. Shindo has been declared KIA. No remains have been or are expected to be found.

Falling Down: Last Days
1995:

Year of the Resurgence

-MechaGodzilla II is completed at G-Base 01 on Adonoa Island and proves to be the most advanced KDF Mecha since Red Ronin's creation. Lacking a Muan Psychic control interface unlike other mech's, it requires a team of five pilots to operate it.

This new system, crafted by Mecha Specialist Tabane Shinonono, was made to avoid an over reliance on psychics.

This multinational pilot team consists of expert tank and helicopter operators. Despite it's incredibly high energy requirements and lack of CQC options compared to other mecha's, MG2's Simeum reactor and many onboard weapons, including a reflective diamond coating that can convert energy attacks into a "Plasma Grenade" and a selection of laser cannons and missile launchers copied from the original MG prove to be highly successful in live-fire exhibitions against "Scrap Kaiju" dummies.

-An egg is discovered at the base of Mt. Fuji, believed to have been laid by Taligon before it's death by Godzilla in 1974. The egg is taken to G-Base 01 and kept in cold storage.

-Neronga, a subspecies of Baragon, emerges from a collapsed silver mine in the Hubei province of China. The bioelectric kaiju begins attacking power plants to feed itself and recharge its ability to become invisible. R.O.S.I.E. is deployed to fight it from Beijing. At the same time, Hofo Pepe reappears from the ocean, raiding the Xiangerist controlled city of Qingdao before heading towards the same path as Neronga. Both kaiju reach Badaling, where a fight is first to break out between Hofo Pepe and R.O.S.I.E. Neronga watches the battle before burrowing underground, using it's invisibility to avoid a barrage of heat seeking missiles from the mecha.

In the ensuing battle, part of the Great Wall is broken before R.O.S.I.E. rends Hofo Pepe tangible with it's Kinetic Kill Weapon, causing the injured kaiju to retreat under a heavy barrage of military bombardment.

Moments after Pepe's retreat, Neronga finished digging through the ground directly under R.O.S.I.E., causing it to fall down through the new hole almost immediately. With it's tank treads and one manipulator arm, the Mecha is unable to quickly dig itself out. Neronga remerges nearby and then attacks the trapped machine, ripping off several missile pods and severely damaging the KKW. Neronga then leaves the badly damaged mecha before heading westwards to the Xinjiang province.

DragonLotus appears once more and battles Neronga when it approaches nearby settlements. Neronga is wounded and attempts to retreat before being cut down by the entity.

DragonLotus then escapes into the wilderness despite the deployment of advanced and heavy tracking systems and campaigns.

-Kikiron emerges from the ocean at Santa Cruz, California after it's disappearance in Miami. It wanders aimlessly, nevertheless causing destruction idly through its size. Steel Zeus is deployed and intercepts the kaiju at the border between Texas and New Mexico. Combat begins.

A Super X is deployed into battle alongside Steel Zeus. Steel Zeus's armor proves to be slightly resistant to Kikiron's talon's, but the creature quickly figures out how to attack it's unarmored joints. Steel's Zeus's left leg is collapsed while it's right arm is severed, rapidly turning the fights direction around. Steel Zeus's reactor is badly damaged, forcing the pilot to eject in a prototype escaped pod.

Steel Zeus explodes, creating a five mile crater. Kikiron digs its way out ten minutes later, with its feather's visibly singed.

Zubaz is picked up by the Super X aircraft. Kikiron begins flying away towards the Pacific Ocean, battling the US and KDF-America Airforce's taking advantage of it's wounded state.

Kikiron is engaged by the Gotengo over the Pacific Ocean, where it is frozen by a direct hit down its throat from the Gotengo's AZ Cannon. Kikiron rapidly sinks 2,000 miles away from Mexico and is declared dormant.

-After ten years of dormancy, Rodan violently emerges from the volcano it had been hibernating in at Isla de Mara. Rodan has massively grown in size, with volcanic material being fused into chest and wings. Rodan flies around Mexico and is spotted many times, and it flies over the Pacific Ocean after a brief battle with the local KDF air force, which it trounces. Rodan then manages to escape over the open sea and is later witnessed flying over Hawaii.

-Attacks on fishing vessels in the Bering Sea by large crustaceans results in the deployment of the Gotengo. A second entrance to the Panthalassa Sea is discovered deep in a trench. To combat a dozens strong population of the crustaceans (Now named Ganimes) and a duo of giant frilled sharks that have escaped into the modern ocean from the breach.

Chelonra is deployed alongside the Gotengo from KDF Europe to help combat the infestation. Both machines manage to fight off the escaped megafauna and seal the hole with the Gotengo's AZ cannon, but the Gotengo itself is heavily damaged after getting rushed by attacking Ganimes and frilled sharks.

Most of the population escaped for one Ganimes is destroyed. Gotengo is brought in for repairs after suffering a severe water leakage. Chelonra is returned to KDF-E.

-The last escaped Ganimes washes up on the shores of Vladivostok, Russia dead with all it's flesh gone and it's shell bleached white. Cause of death was determined to be oxygen deprivation.

-Gotengo II complete. Gotengo I placed in storage while the second undersea battleship is given a test run across the Atlantic Ocean.

-The recent project into Godzilla's biology is moved to Area 51 in Nevada, and then to Canada.

-A plasma rocket launch in Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia coincides with the awakening of a large heavily armored kaiju named Salamandora, or "Russian Godzilla" as it would informally be called.

Salamandora walks across Russia and inflicts heavy damage to all in it's path, which is headed straight for a dormant Brutusk, whom had been hibernating near Moscow after his battle with Macrosaurus in 1991.

To prevent a possible awakening, Vogeladra is deployed for the first time in a year. Due to Laura Bodewig being injured during a terrorist attack on KDF-Europe headquarters by the underground "Cult of G"*, spare pilot and engineer Charlotte Dunois is deployed in her stead.

*Injured in the line of duty while taking a bullet for a superior officer AND for personally taking out ten armed attackers with a knife and a cup of hot coffee.

Dunois is deployed by rocket above Russia, touching down near Salamandora eighteen hours later at the town of Serov.

Engagement begins five minutes later. Salamandora's armor proves to be highly resistant to Vogeladra's magical and energy based attacks, and it's flame breath also manages to badly damage 50% of the mecha's body. However, use of the weather device summons down a rainstorm that draws attention to an unarmored and highly sensitive organ directly on it's throat. Vogeladra's bladed feathers manage to puncture it, and a blast of lightning down into the wound heavily distracts the kaiju with pain. Emergency use of the back generator empowers Vogeladra, and in an on the spot plan pilot Dunois reaches into the wound and uses it as leverage to tear off Salamondora's head and part of its spine.

Target terminated. The remains of Salamandora are buried near the town where it was defeated. The torn out "Throat pouch" begins slowly growing in size on Vogeladra's fists, and is speculated to be a regeneration organ. Organ is placed in cold storage and Vogeladra in temporary quarantine. Pilot Dunois is awarded the KDF Medal of Honor and official co-pilot status.

-The last of the crystal shard's growing in the Kinkuto mecha are removed. A day later, Titanosaurus makes landfall at Brisbane. Kinkuto is deployed and manages to force Titanosaurus back to sea after wounding it's neck with it's chainsaw, but suffers a blow to it's CPU in the process. Kinkuto enters a non-responsive "Berserk" state in which it ignores all orders and head towards Queensland, where it killed Kamacuras a year ago. Kinkuto digs its way deep into the ground before entering a hunched position. After attacking a KDF convoy sent to retrieve it, Kinkuto is finally powered down. Kinkuto is declared unfit for further combat and sent into storage.

First instance of "Krystallak Syndrome".

-Headed by Tabane Shinonono, the IS project gets its first real success in the form of four bipedal mecha's. Shaped like a Tyrannosaur but with legs like that of a dromaeosaur, these bus sized mech's are meant to cause bleeding wounds on a kaiju with their teeth and motor powered sickle toed feet that can be targeted by bigger mech's to inflict crippling damage. Piloted by AI, they are planned to be a precursor to future machines.

-Resurgence Day: On April 27th, in the Pacific Ocean, a Toho funded K-Watch crew consisting of multiple patrol boats is investigating a drop off in dolphin populations. East of Japan at the center of the drop offs, the patrol is attacked by Barugaron, believed to have been a possible culprit after multiple previous sightings. After destroying most of the boats, Barugaron pursues the last remaining ship, one SS Calico. As Barugaron begins to overtake the ship, the next event was captured on camera by one Carl Majors.

Godzilla rapidly breaches the surface after being undetected due to the ship's sonar breaking during the chase. Godzilla aggressively attacks Barugaron, inadvertently knocking it away from the ship. Godzilla then pulls Barugaron under the surface and tears off it's right arm in the minute long battle that ensues. Barugaron retreats, bleeding heavily while Godzilla begins swimming westwards, notably sparing the Calico a glance before submerging.

First appearance of Godzilla in five years.

-International Alert declared. KDF tracker teams and psychic division organized to search for Godzilla's current location. Operation: G-Crusher receives a 50% funding increase.

---

"We should have left him alone. How many lives could have been saved if we didn't strike the first blow?

On Lagos, we were the ones to shoot him before he attacked. Then we nuked him. Reduced him to a skeleton.

And today, now, because of what we've done, he won't stop with Japan.

He's going to continue marching onwards until every last one of us is stricken from the surface of the Earth. I know what's coming, and I'm not going to bother running. Good luck to those of you who decide to try."

-CEO Yasuaki Shindo in a final phone call to an evacuating partner, shortly before the Fall of Tokyo. Shindo has been declared KIA. No remains have been or are expected to be found.

Falling Down: Titanomachy
Operation: Titanomachy

The G-Crusher air fleet is launched.

An illegal operation by some KDF and guest personnel, including Miki Saegusa, Meru Ozawa, and Sgt. Koji Ando, sneaks into a psychic amplifier in an attempt to contact Godzilla one last time. Exactly what the personnel were trying to do varies; Official KDF sources claim they were trying to "warn" Godzilla, while members of the "rogue" group claim they were trying to learn just what Godzilla was protecting on the island in the hopes that revealing it would delay the action.

Either way, before security personnel can break in, Saegusa manages to temporarily contact what she believes is Godzilla on Birth Island.*

Note: Godzilla was still at sea at this point.

The contacted entity living in the middle of the island jungle reacts with surprise and alarm to Saegusa's presence.

By minute five contact is broken. Security forces manage to break into the room just as Godzilla comes ashore on Birth Island.

The fleet manages to reach the island. Godzilla spots the fleet.

Payload is delivered.

Birth Island is bombarded with hundreds of plasma, cadmium, and voltage missiles, triggering multiple small scale eruptions and an island wide fires. KDF forces lose sight of Godzilla in the smoke and flame, but high radioactive signatures are detected at the islands center.

Four Minutes after bombing:

A high 300+ degree energy buildup is detected by nearby geiger counters.

A red spiral ray is fired from below the fleet at 1.5 seconds. 10% of fleet destroyed.

Godzilla emerges near the shore 7.0 seconds later, still alive and covered in glowing soot and debris, but otherwise unimpaired. Small wounds are visibly regenerating across his body.

Godzilla fires a second spiral ray.

20% of fleet destroyed. Energy pulse from Godzilla's ray causes a failure in EMP shielding on 50% of the Super X squadron.

Godzilla proceeds to emit the loudest known kaiju roar on record; three nearby plasma bombers experience engine failure.

Third spiral ray fired.

Godzilla simultaneously releases a nuclear pulse of energy from his spines. 59% of fleet destroyed. Second volley attempted by remaining aircraft.

Fourth spiral ray fired. 75% of bombs destroyed. 81% of fleet destroyed by a Class IV Nuclear Pulse. Godzilla is now waist deep in the ocean.

Mission Failed

Fleet ordered to retreat back to G-Base 01 at Adonona Island.

Godzilla immediately begins heading westwards.

Godzilla's current path is straight towards Tokyo.

-Back at G-Base, security personnel remove a nearly catatonic Saegusa from the amplifier. Before slipping into an unconscious state, Saegusa manages to speak the following recorded line.

"He's [INTERFERENCE] never going to stop now. What we've done- now he will never stop until all of us are gone. It hurts- [VOCALS CEASE.]

---

That day at the base, watching him destroy everything he touched again, I could only remember that line. From one of the men who helped to make the atom bomb-

"Now we are all sons of bitches."

It was the worst day of my life. Millions would go on to say the same.

-Shiro Takamachi, KDF Captain (Retired) on the Fall of Tokyo.

Mechagodzilla II is immediately prepared for launch.

Tokyo is reinforced by the JSDF and KDF. USA troops to arrive by the morning.

2,014 miles outside of Tokyo, Godzilla rapidly changes direction in the water.

New destination: G-Base 01.

Highest ranking scientific personnel are transferred alongside the first MechaGodzilla's AI core to Mech Base near Fuyuki.

Godzilla reaches the island 45 minutes later.

-Official Timeline (2014 Edition)

Falling Down: Berserker
Evacuation begins at G-Base 01.

MechaGodzilla II deployed as Godzilla approaches the islands main fortress from the sea. First column of military defense is destroyed within ten minutes.

Godzilla begins rapidly advancing Eastwards, with steam beginning to rise across various patches on his body due to repeated usage of his spiral ray.

MG II lands and starts combat with a barrage of ocular lasers and torso missiles.

Recording retrieved from remains of MG Cockpit Blackbox.

Pilot I:
Damn, he's moving real fast, I never saw him run so quickly!

P II: Must be pissed that we blew up his vacation home-shit he's jumping-

P III: He just grabbed us we're going down oh god oh fu-

[Alarms and sparking are heard in the background]

P II:
Mayday, mayday, we are on the ground he's on top of us God-

P IV: I've lost visuals, something's happening to the reactor core-

[Skip in audio]

P V:
-Grenade out of commission-

P I: Something's pounding all over us-

[Sound of groaning metal]

P III:
The cockpit's being torn open-Oh God he sees us-

[Screams from pilots are heard alongside distant explosions. Godzilla roars audibly. Energy charging sounds are briefly audible]

[Sound cuts out afterwards]

Combat Time: Min 10/Sec 93

Godzilla charges through the initial volley and proceeds to tackle MG II as it hovers 15 meters above ground.

Godzilla violently assaults MG II with his claws, feet, and teeth before tearing out and feeding on it's reactor.

With the mecha now defenseless, Godzilla further tears it apart and exposes the cockpit.

Godzilla fires a burst of atomic fire directly into the exposed machinery, killing all five pilots and destroying the body of MG II.

Godzilla abandons the burning remains and heads directly towards G-Base. Godzilla tosses the now drained reactor of MG II into the base, flattening several personnel, structures, and vehicles.

Evacuation 97% complete.

Godzilla assaults the main base, destroying multiple military and scientific buildings and research sites.

-Prototype IS core systems (7) destroyed. Prototype IS exosuit (7) destroyed. Absolute Zero mobile cannon prototype (3) destroyed. Cadmium laser prototype (14) destroyed. Maser 2.0 Vehicles (20) destroyed.

-Personnel killed: Military (1,000), civilian (950)

After destroying G-Base, Godzilla immediately heads back to sea before making a direct course towards Japan.

-Red Ronin prepared for deployment at the front lines in Tokyo.

-In Mech Base, safety restrictions on MG's AI core are removed. Nanotitanium production is ordered to go into 50% overdrive.

File 26: MechaGodzilla Part Two
Monarch File 26: (Mechagodzilla Part Two)

Six hours after the destruction of G-Base 001

-At Mech Base 01 near Fuyuki City, nanotitanium production undergoes a severe malfunction. 95% of production outright stops while 5% begins to draw itself towards the center where the AI core has been placed. Attempts to deactivate it fail. AI teams, alongside Tabane Shinonono, try to deactivate it.

A system check shows that MechaGodzilla I's AI has been infiltrating nearby computer systems since 1992.

MechaGodzilla's AI core then proceeds to cause a blackout in the base and seal the doors to it's cell as it draws the nanotitanium into itself once more. The liquid metal takes on the form of many tendrils as it slides through vents and floors to get to the core. When power is restored, security footage in the core room shows the animated metal shifting around the core. Multiple tendrils begin to draw machinery and material from nearby walls and rooms into the AI core.

Within ten minutes, the extraterrestrial AI has formed a seven foot tall version of it's old body in the room.

Code Red M alarm declared. The reformed Mechagodzilla storms through the facility, killing dozens of personnel with its claws, by firing shrapnel from its body, and through an assimilated flamethrower in its throat. Attempts to take it down by hacking fail while the mecha begins to assimilate more of its surroundings. 30 minutes later, it reaches the main production room and begins rapidly assimilating more material into its body. Evacuation is mostly complete at this point.

Mechagodzilla grows in size rapidly. By the time surviving personnel escape in the facility (Thanks to Tabane activating the four IS "Mecha Raptor" prototypes and having them clear a way for the escape vehicles), MG has reformed it's old body near completely, albeit with many exposed synthetic muscles wiring patches on its arms and legs.

Moments after it emerges from the remains of the facility, MG undergoes a catastrophic malfunction in it's repair protocols*

Speculations are that the earlier hacking attempts either deactivated what restraints it had or that the machine deliberately sent it's repair controls into overdrive.

MG begins to absorb nearby minerals metal from buildings surrounding the main base. Due to all the excess material it has absorbed, MG begins rapidly growing in size beyond its previous height of 85 meters.

The excess mass begins manifesting outside of its body as extra limbs and metallic tendrils, while it's lower body takes on a liquid metal consistency. MG grows dozens of turret systems and mechanical jaws across its body, which it stuffs with any metal it grabs.
1573095641010.png

Sketch taken from eyewitness accounts. Credit goes to Toho Co Ltd's team and the film "Fuyuki's Fate: Zero Hour"

MG immediately attacks Fuyuki City, causing massive damage across the western side.

50% of Fuyuki City is destroyed totally.

Gotengo II is sent into battle against the newly named "Metal Berserker."

The ships AZ cannon manages to stop some of the citywide burning. M-Berserker takes a hit from the cannon, but it simply sheds it's damaged excess mass. Gotengo II is grabbed by M-Berserker's tendrils and nearly assimilated before it escapes. The ship is badly damaged afterwards and is ordered to retreat.

Metal Berserker immediately stops its assault on Fuyuki and begins heading East towards Tokyo by 2:00 PM.

Falling Down: Burning Skies
-At 4:45 am, Godzilla emerges from Tokyo Bay ten miles away from his projected landing location. Red Ronin is sent to intercept with new radiation resistant armor. Godzilla destroys a massive turret encampment and goes ashore into the Minato ward, now turned into a major evacuation zone.

Godzilla ignores repeated military volleys and air attacks, and instead begins killing as many visible humans as possible.

Godzilla brings down 15% of the buildings and military arsenal in the city by the time Red Ronin reaches him. Godzilla's body temperature increases by 200+, resulting in heat damage to nearby structures from his presence. Red Ronin is mostly protected by it's heat-resisting armor.

Red Ronin battles Godzilla. 45% of the city is in rubble by 6:00 am.

-M-Berserker takes control of Mech Base 00 and attacks Fuyuki City, damaging Gotengo II.

M-Berserker begins immediately heading towards Tokyo after burning down 50% of the city.

-Godzilla continues battling Red Ronin. Increased temperature diffusion from Godzilla's spines cause an intense heat wave behind Godzilla, necessitating face-to-face confrontation. By Noon, RR is the last remaining Class-S military weapon remaining in the city, with most aircraft and maser cannon's being destroyed or rendered unusable by Godzilla. RR begins to resort to collapsing the supports of large buildings in order to create temporary barricades between it and Godzilla. 66% of Tokyo is in flames.

-By 6:00 PM, Metal-Berserker reaches Tokyo. It begins shedding excess mass in order to move faster. This results in the formation of three 44 meter unarmored copies of the original Mechagodzilla. The Child-MG's reach the main chaos zone of the city. Godzilla and Red Ronin briefly stop their fight to deal with them.

Godzilla destroys the first two by beating one with the body of the other until both cease function.

RR terminates the last one by stabbing it through the exposed reactor with a fusion blade.

M-Berserker is attacked by Godzilla on sight; in response it begins forming more tendrils and transforms several of its limbs into large energy cannon's.

M-Berserker rapidly repairs and grows by absorbing more surrounding materials from the city, and the high energy levels being released by all combatants begins to trigger magma eruptions and quakes across a burning Tokyo.

-Red Ronin is badly damaged by a reactor vent from M-Berserker and a nuclear pulse from Godzilla, both of which disable and melt its fusion blade and Gatling laser, alongside its own inner power cells, which begins to go critical from sustained battle damage.

After losing its legs to escape a massive jaw growing on the bottom of M-Berserker, Red Ronin autonomously activates a head-built built escape pod after losing major CPU function at 12:14 AM. Pilot Orimura is ejected over the city limits and rescued by KDF forces outside the city. RR is last seen sinking into magma under a shower of building debris.

RR declared DIB*

Destroyed in battle.

-Godzilla and M-Berserker begin fighting, with the latter continuing to repair after suffering the loss of 50% of its mass. 75% of city destroyed by 6:30 AM. M-Berserker uses its multiple cannon's to create a 50 meter crater in the ground, briefly dropping Godzilla into a pool of magma while it charges up more of its energy weapons.

-4:00 AM. Using a broken out flight capable Jaguar-class hazmat exo suit prototype, Senior Engineer Shinonono manages to reach the sky above the city with a recently (Two hours ago) made concoction made from G-Cells and Nanotitanium and a prototype electric railgun rifle. Shinonono manages to remain midair and relays a single message stating her responsibility to destroy M-Berserker due to her role in its inadvertent creation.

Shinonono injects herself with the concoction; the Nanotitanium allows her to get into close contact with the Berserker without being assimilated, while the G-Cells constantly regenerate her flesh to prevent self-assimilation and poisoning from the metal. Despite the tremendous amount of pain likely involved after injection, Shinonono manages to fly into a small crack in M-Berserker's central head, one housing the main AI core while it fires upon Godzilla. Inside the head, Shinonono relays a final message.

"This feels new-[INTERRUPTION] Can you hear me old metal? You've been torn apart before [ROAR FROM GODZILLA AUDIBLE BELOW]-Now he's going to tear you apart again. And there's nothing you can do to stop it.

I don't know where your masters are, but if they can hear us, let this be a lesson on what happens when you mess with our world. [RIFLE BEGINS CHARGING UP] There is so much I would like to have done, but this is fine. In a way, we are both complete geniuses when it comes to machinery. I only wish we had more time to chat, but you know how things are. [INTERRUPTION] -Bill, take care of Houki for me. Orimura, make sure to find the gift I left for ya-"

An explosion in the AI core blows off the top of the central head. Metal Berserker goes into a seizure, many of its bodily extensions flailing wildly and twisting as it begins to lose control of its mass.

Godzilla rises from the magma flood and rapidly absorbs the nearby thermal energy before firing four spirals rays into M-Berserker's body.

M-Berserker begins melting into a liquid state and loses 85% of its mass. A fourth blast completely destroys it and by proxy Mechagodzilla I completely. As the machine explodes and releases a wave of energy, a badly damaged Gotengo II fires its Absolute Zero cannon from above into the burning combat zone out of desperation.

The energy collisions cause a brief reality warp, freezing an area 216 meters wide.

End of Day 2: Tokyo 90% uninhabitable. Quarantine declared.

Falling Down: Truth
Around 7:00 AM in the following morning, a HAZMAT equipped expedition to the center of the burned out Birth Island finds the remains of a 15 meter juvenile Godzillasaurus.

Mothra appears overhead over the island and hovers for the rest of the hour before flying back to Infant Island. All attempts at communication towards her from ground human forces and later dignitaries are ignored.

Operation: Titanomachy put on hiatus.

8:30 AM in Tokyo. The center of the ice formation explodes in a burst of heavy radiation.

Godzilla emerges from the side, melting his way out of it. Steam still radiates from his dorsal plates and various wounds, but Godzilla's body temperature is nowhere near as massive as beforehand.

Godzilla proceeds through the devastated city before coming to the outskirts near the open sea.

Godzilla pauses in place for fifty seconds before immediately turning and walking towards the nearest human settlement.

"Worst part was, he didn't roar or anything. He didn't scream. He just kept burning and killing and stomping without a sound.

"He was just...staring ahead. Like he was there but he wasn't."

-Attributed to a wounded English-speaking KDF soldier following the Battle of Chiba.

-The "Persecution of the Masses" begins.

Falling Down: Persecution of the Masses
-Battle of Chiba. City successfully evacuated 91%. Gotengo II destroyed by Godzilla in a last stand during the evacuation. 55% of crew survives.

-Godzilla enters Tokyo Bay and remerges at Kawasaki, Kanagawa.

Operation: Mental Out.

With Saegusa still in a coma but exhibiting signs of heavy brain activity, the KDF launches an offensive with its full psychic military (sixteen qualified agents in all) division in an attempt to repel Godzilla mentally. Within minutes after Godzilla's initial incursion into Kawasaki, the agents involved begin suffering the effects of heavy psychic backlash when they collectively try to initiate mental contact.

Godzilla's attack is not halted.

Mission Failed:

All agents begin going into seizures and exhibit psychosomatic symptoms resembling those experienced by victims high radiation poisoning; legible auditory responses from those still able to talk indicate that Godzilla has forced them to relive a heavily traumatic event.

75% of KDF psychic division goes into a coma. 25% violently attack nearby personnel after losing self-control and are restrained but do not survive the next week.

KDF-Psychic division 01 decommissioned: [LACK OF PERSONNEL]

Kawasaki is left 68% devastated.

-Yokohama successfully evacuated. Three of Tabane's Mecha-Raptors are sent against Godzilla, with the fourth remaining behind to be copied in safety. The M-Raptors are destroyed but hold of Godzilla long enough for evacuations to be continued.

Amercian stealth bombing with bunker busters attempted at night. Godzilla survives.

-Sagamihara. Raided on Thanksgiving Day.

-Godzilla raids the Aichi Prefecture.

India lends the Gandiva mecha to assist in the ongoing efforts by remaining military forces. Gandiva battles Godzilla at Hamamatsu in the first week of December, but is forced to retreat after losing half its head and a limb alongside its guns. Wishing to avoid the loss of their own valuble mecha's, the UN keeps Chelonra and Vogeladra on standby.

-Nagoya raided. Remaining Super-X's taken down in battle.

-Mass abandonment of prisons during the evacuations results in a majority of prisoners dying of starvation, fire, and/or megafauna attacks.

-Nara and Osaka regions attacked.

Serizawa Institute of Biology and Cromartie College destroyed.

Underground tunnels dug by ancient youkai species allow half of the local population to hide during Godzilla's assault, but a large majority do not survive or end up having to retreat further inland.

-Hyogo prefecture raided. Godzilla briefly uses the Seto Inland Sea to move ahead.

-Island of Shikoku raided over the course of a week.

Colonel William Overbeck assumes control of remaining US forces in Japan following the resignations and suicides of several military leaders involved in Titanomachy.

First reports of Shockirus lice packs attacking refugees; maser rifle prototypes deployed to infantry.

-Majority of Kyuushu attacked: However, refugees in Nagasaki use its many ports to flee towards South Korea and China. Due to a scattered lack of human presence, Godzilla mostly ignores the Nagasaki area.

-Shockirus packs reproduce wildly around incinerated areas, spreading across Honshu and the surrounding areas. Infantry deployments worldwide requested as Godzilla continues his rampage.

-The DragonLotus appears once more after Godzilla attacks Yamaguchi, battling him at Hiroshima while generating tornado-like winds. However, DL is eventually grabbed by the leg and swung into multiple structures before having her facial armor and visor cracked open by Godzilla.

Intrusion by Megalon and Gigan follows: Gigan attacks Godzilla from above, strafing him while Megalon pulls a dropped DL underground. Gigan retreats after this, incurring a burn on its torso in the process.

-DL remerges in Okinawa before going into a hibernating state near King Caesar's territory.

-Godzilla follows surviving human refugee's from the Chūgoku region towards Kyoto, destroying a military convoy and turret line in the process. Remaining JSDF and assorted military forces hunker down in Kyoto and Hokkaido. Infestations of Shockirus 50% destroyed.

-On the week of Christmas, Godzilla reaches the surviving refugee convoys as they manage to enter Kyoto, with Godzilla in pursuit ten miles away.

Military defense lines are drawn.

Surviving forces prepare for a last stand on Christmas Eve of 1995.

-Mothra and Battra, after a month long period of silence, rapidly began flying towards Kyoto from Infant Island.

-The Official Timeline (2004 Edition)

Falling Down: Stand
-On Christmas Eve, Godzilla reaches the Kyoto Defense Line as surviving refugees enter the city.

As Godzilla walks within twenty four miles outside the city, Battra and Mothra reappear over Japan and engage in combat with Godzilla at 6:30 pm.

Mothra and Battra attempt to communicate with Godzilla, who shows little response after minutes of battle.

Godzilla then manages to run between the two of them instead of continuing to fight, managing to enter Kyoto by 6:54.

Within a minute, Godzilla manages to corner a large crowd of refugees only to freeze in place. After a period of inactivity, Godzilla turns around and exits the city at 7:00.

Kyoto casualties: 0.0.

Godzilla heads back towards his previous path, occasionally pausing to draw in sources of radiation.

Mothra and Battra fly around affected areas, exterminating Shockirus as needed. Fallen pollen scales from Mothra's wings are quickly collected by survivors.

Godzilla enters the North Pacific Sea and disappears from radar on December 31st.

Aftermath:

-KDF suffers 50% loss in personnel and requires a radical reorganization to replace lost mecha's and vehicles.

-G-Crusher documents released to the public. Court-Martials and firing of surviving leading personnel and political council members put into place.

-Mothra scales and cleansed Biollante cells authorized for use in restoring environment.

-Capital of Japan moved to Kyoto.

-Due to mass refugee movements and territory destruction, Youkai species become an open secret in Kyoto, often helping fellow refugees adjust or moving in with them as needed for survival due to lowered amounts of living space.

-Miki Seagusa is among the few in the KDF Kyoto hospital's "Psychic ward" to awaken following the "Miracle at Kyoto."

Post-1995 Map of Japan
1573096348433.png

Green Zones: Fully livable and secure. Little to no radiation.

Brown Zones: Moderately irradiated. Lone Class I megafauna may live in more wild areas.

Black Zones: Full on quarantined areas with high radiation levels. Large packs of Class I-II G-Cell mutations are common. Security to and from the black zones is heavily restricted.

Falling Down: Rise
"It's always been a struggle. Long before that fateful day in 1954, we as a nation have always been strugglers since history began. But, we have endured. It was not just discipline or power that have brought us back from the brink every time a monster came ashore or from under the ground. It has always been, from the very start, our ability to endure damage, from both giant monsters to pain from our fellow men. We endured the bomb. Godzilla. The entire Age of Monsters since then.

Our endurance and ability to adapt is what has lead Japan to continue on and keep fighting no matter what happens. As long as we endure, we can heal. We can change. We can survive.

We can overcome."

-Prime Minister Takaki Aso on April 6th (G-Day) 2003 on the forty-ninth anniversary of Godzilla's first attack.

ends with the KDF suffering a 50% loss in personnel and requires a radical reorganization to replace lost mecha's and vehicles.

G-Crusher documents are released to the public. Court-Martials of surviving leading personnel and political council members are put into place.

Mothra scales and cleansed Biollante cells authorized for use in restoring environment.

The capital of Japan is moved to Kyoto, and vast swathes of the country remain highly radioactive. Raids from Class I megafauna remain common.

Due to mass refugee movements and territory destruction, Youkai species become an open secret in Kyoto, often helping fellow refugees adjust or moving in with them as needed for survival due to lowered amounts of living space.

Miki Seagusa is among the few in the KDF Kyoto hospital's "Psychic ward" to awaken following the "Miracle at Kyoto." She survives today as the Chief of the Kyoto ESP Institute.

1996:

-After a month of relative peace following the Resurgence, Iracundas emerges in South Africa and attacks a herd of elephants and the Nigerian city of Lagos. More kaiju attacks become common.

-In the ruins of G-Base 01, Taligon's egg is found and accidentally exposed to sunlight by a salvage team. It hatches, and the resulting creature escapes and is labeled Taligon II.

1997:

-Using prototype laser weaponry, a KDF platoon in Osaka manages to take down a massive radioactive rat later named Deutalios.

-Over the course of the following years, squads of professional Monster Kill Crews [MKC's] composed of veterans of the Resurgence Conflict are used to fight packs of Shockirus and other mutated animals across the irradiated territories in Japan.

Thanks to the first large scale usage of Anti-Nuclear Energy Bacteria (previously held back due to fears of what would happen if it came into contact with Godzilla's highly malleable DNA), radiation levels begin to go down across quarantined areas. However, the most devastated regions like Tokyo remain quarantined.

-Titanosaurus reappears after chasing a shoal of frilled sharks into Okinawa, Japan. JSDF/KDF forces arrive just as he is driven off by a King Caesar and DragonLotus in concert with one another.

DragonLotus heads into the ocean, presumably in pursuit of Titanosaurus or another threat. Due to her previous actions, no official military action is taken against the DragonLotus.

-Godzilla reappears at Birth Island. All attempts to follow except for aerial filming are firmly denied and refused. After reaching the center, Godzilla proceeds to dig out the skeletal remains of the juvenile specimen from 1995. Godzilla carries the body back to sea.

The incident is filmed from a distance at sea by a boat crew led by journalist and veteran kaiju watcher Steve Martin.

Further pursuit by KDF forces are denied for safety reasons.

File 27
Monarch Files 27

"Godzilla has turned the heart of Tokyo into a sea of fire. Beneath the flames, thousands lie dead or dying. Nothing can save the city now."

-Journalist Steven Martin reporting on the scene during the First Battle of Tokyo.

---

Steve Martin (1917-1997) is a major figure in the history of megazoology. A journalist and World News Network correspondent who tape-recorded Godzilla's first raid on Tokyo in one of the first examples of well-preserved footage of a kaiju attack alongside fellow survivors Ishiro Honda and Tomoyuki Tanaka, Martin was a witness to many other major events in the Age of Monsters, such as Godzilla's return in 1963 and the Accra Outbreak.

Following the events of 1954, Martin would go on to film and write articles of further kaiju attacks, with the intent of educating the populace on the kaiju themselves and on the circumstances behind each attack. After leading a long career that sent him across continents and lead to a brief stint with Monarch as a Class-3 agent, Martin would later go back to independent journalism during the last years of his life.

---

Following his death, Steve Martin's house was later turned into a memorial site for survivors of kaiju attacks. Entering the building on a summer day, I find candles and photos recently left behind in front of a stone wall of names.

Silently exiting the room after I pay my own respects, I head upstairs to my main destination: the photo room.

In a way, it is a chronicle of Martin's career. All four walls are lined with photo's, starting off black and white before gaining color gradually.

The first set begins in 1954 and continues on through the century.

Godzilla swinging a train around in his mouth. His tail slamming through a building. Godzilla tearing his way through power lines as tanks and mortars fire upon him. A melted tank after being victim to the first use of Godzilla's atomic breath.

Rodan flying above Manila, his bright form lighting up the night sky.

Mothra carrying the Shobojin back to Infant Island after a failed attempt to abduct them by Rolisica.

Godzilla blasting Vishnu in Osaka on the day of his first return, then a photo of Godzilla slamming the creature through a pagoda.

Godzilla stomping through a mud pit in Vietnam, with Rodan's shadow visible above him.

The severed tentacle of an Oodako being hauled out of the Thames in London.

Zilla bursting out from the sand at Honolulu.

Over a dozen kaiju tearing Ghana and each other apart as the KDF deploys in force around them, MechaGodzilla I flying above the city. Then, Godzilla taking command of the kaiju hoard as they tear MechaGodzilla I apart.

Devastated cities like Barcelona, Shanghai, and Fukuoka (with crystal shards protruding from rubble.)

Acid damage from Dogora's attack on buildings in Manchester.

Godzilla moving through the Arabian desert during a sandstorm. Rapid flower and tree growth in Iraq following Biollante's physical destruction.

Armor Mothra diving like a torpedo into the Mediterranean Sea to defeat Deathla.

Tokyo burning from a distance.

Godzilla turning away from Kyoto moments after entering the city, and then the final image.

Godzilla returning to the Pacific with the body of the younger specimen.

If Martin was still alive today, one could only imagine what his thoughts on recent events like the reveal of extra species and magi in 2007, or the Oil Breach and Dagon War could have been.

I know I would love to hear what he'd have to say.

---

"Ever since the day he loomed over the hills of Odo Island, Godzilla has been on our minds for decades.

I have seen him in the streets of Tokyo, the jungles of Vietnam, and the sands of the Middle East. I have seen him step onto beaches all across the Earth. I have seen in his eyes emotions beyond that of a mere beast. From a distance, I have seen his face contort in a purposeful grimace, rage, surprise, and even shock.

But today, on the earth of what was once Birth Island, I saw something far different when he carried the bones with a tenderness I've never seen before.

Godzilla was not here to destroy buildings or fight rivals. Today, he is not a terrible king of monsters, but a father suffering an event that no parent should have to go through.

Some may call it poetic justice, having Godzilla experience the loss he has inflicted on countless families. But I don't see it that way. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a child for a child does nothing to improve the Earth. Hatred and revenge are not power.

They are where those who can't confront their own demons go to hide."

"-as he walked back into the water, cradling the skeleton, I saw Godzilla briefly glance at our ship.

In his eyes, I saw something other then rage or a spirit of fire.

I saw regret.

Then he was gone, beneath the waves just like that morning in Tokyo Bay a lifetime ago.

If Godzilla can change, perhaps there is still hope for humanity. Peace between us and the giants of the world may be possible yet.

Whether Godzilla returns or not, or whether he shall never surface again in front of human eyes, the things he has taught to us remain.

-An excerpt from Steve Martin's last article, published in Time on September first in 1997.

Martin would pass away in his sleep a week later.

Back
Top Bottom