What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

George H.W. Bush dead at 94

Eliar

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...dent-george-h-w-bush-dead-at-94-idUSKCN1O030M

(Reuters) - Former U.S. President George H.W. Bush, who presided over the end of the Cold War and routed Saddam Hussein's Iraqi army but lost a chance for a second term after breaking a no-new-taxes pledge, died on Friday at the age of 94.

Bush, the 41st president of the United States, who lived longer than any of his predecessors and possessed one of the most impressive resumes in American political history, died peacefully at his home in Houston, according to a source close to the family.
His death at 10:10 p.m. Central time (0410 GMT) was first announced in a brief statement issued by longtime spokesman Jim McGrath, who said funeral arrangements had yet to be scheduled. No further details about the circumstances of his death were immediately available.

Not that it's bad he's dead, but seriously, come on, let's get that Kissinger corpse already.

No, nothing about the tremendously horrid figure that is GHW is sacred to me. The best you can say about him is he always had worse people to compare himself to: His father was evil, his son is evil, and his beloved boss was too.

No, nothing about the tremendously horrid figure that is GHW is sacred to me. The best you can say about him is he always had worse people to compare himself to: His father was evil, his son is evil, and his beloved boss was too.

If Bush was a fraction the monster that you make him out to be the world would be glass already and assless chaps would be a permanent fashion trend.

As for hiv, this was at a very different time and not everyone had a Californian millennial mindset towards everything, and owing to medical tech at the time it practically was a death sentence.

At least you didn't ask for Henry Kissinger's dead body.

If one has nothing good to say, just say nothing. It's not that hard to do.

Only if I get a promise that The Internet Civility Defense Squad will jump into action when Maduro, Kim Jong Un, and basically any of those peeps check out

Only if I get a promise that The Internet Civility Defense Squad will jump into action when Maduro, Kim Jong Un, and basically any of those peeps check out

Fair enough. I promise I'll ask people not to act like douchebags and I won't act as a douchebag when Maduro, Kim Jong Un and their ilk dies. Once they're safely buried for some time, service may continue. You promise to do the same for Bush 41?

Fair enough. I promise I'll ask people not to act like douchebags and I won't act as a douchebag when Maduro, Kim Jong Un and their ilk dies. Once they're safely buried for some time, service may continue. You promise to do the same for Bush 41?

cub-scout-handshake-clipart-1.jpg

Okay, leftist here saying that Maduro is a lunatic who talks to birds thinking they contain his predecessor's spirit. No mourning there.

The only thing I'll regret when Kim dies is that we probably won't have run out of jokes about him yet.

At least you didn't ask for Henry Kissinger's dead body.

If one has nothing good to say, just say nothing. It's not that hard to do.
Actually it's important for war criminals to be remembered as war criminals.

Wonder if they'll ban Trump from the funeral like the McCains did.

Oh weird everything got real quiet when his crimes came up. Anyway let's see what's going on with Team Civility today

Oh weird everything got real quiet when his crimes came up. Anyway let's see what's going on with Team Civility today

This is a thread for the announcement of the man's death. Make another thread about his crimes or lack of them and you can say whatever you want for as loud as you want there. Try not to be so crass, will you?

His death is the perfect time to discuss his legacy. Don't get mad at me just because that legacy is fucking atrocious.

Back
Top Bottom