What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frozen In Carbonite Writing Competition Thread

Best contest entry

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe someone could change the banner to say that voting is open, and direct it to the post with links to individual stories?

And can I start the conspiracies yet? Public vote might tear the forum apart, and who would want to ally themselves with the senile old coot!? Certainly there are more popular individuals around, and you want to hang out with the cool kids, not grampa!

---

Also a reminder to everyone that I would not accept any prize money, and I am doing this only for bragging rights. In case anyone was potentially weighing their votes on who deserves the prize instead of solely on the stories themselves.

Maybe someone could change the banner to say that voting is open, and direct it to the post with links to individual stories?

And can I start the conspiracies yet? Public vote might tear the forum apart, and who would want to ally themselves with the senile old coot!? Certainly there are more popular individuals around, and you want to hang out with the cool kids, not grampa!

---

Also a reminder to everyone that I would not accept any prize money, and I am doing this only for bragging rights. In case anyone was potentially weighing their votes on who deserves the prize instead of solely on the stories themselves.

Well, It's been quite a while since anyone responded to this, but I understand the reasons. Welp, sure, start with the conspiracies! just make sure it follows forum rules and you should be fine.

Stop with the conspiracy and make with the overt bribery.

The more bragging rights I have, the more wild stories I tell!

That is a good thing!

So do you guys want to move onto a second round of voting as laid out in the rules or wait for more votes?

So with a tie we are doing the second round of voting. Cast your vote for one of the two remaining entries.

Last edited:
We literally need one tie breaker vote. And we can hand out the results.

I wonder who will cast the tie breaker...

Alright. We got our tie breaker and closing the poll. Pest Control wins with 5 votes to 4 votes for The Ninth Legion.

Last edited:
I didn't see the final tallies before it went to the runoff, but the count I remember had two votes for @Mark Poe and two votes for @Lerticus. Except one of the Lerticus votes was Lerticus himself. Which means that Mark Poe was the winner by default. So that's who I voted for.

Now, I'll admit, I might have missed it if Ninth Legion garnered a second non-Lerticus vote. If it did, I'm not going to retract my vote here, but I will literally eat my hat.

(Fortunately for me, I don't wear a hat.)

Back
Top Bottom