What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frozen In Carbonite Writing Competition Thread

Best contest entry

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Started making an outline for my plot. Realized that I was probably looking at more than 5,000 words. Didn't want to compromise the story with many edits. Scrapped.

Formulated alternate idea. Wrote preamble chapter with 692 words. Pretty sure I can do this. Will move on to first chapter presently (though interruptions are expected). Still, good to be more certain of finishing than of just hoping to put something together.

---

Yes, I have a problem with the "short" part of "short story". Blame my old man rambling ways if you must.

A reminder that you have till the end of the 15th to submit your story.

Okay. I'm done with my story.

But I'm confused about where to put this. Could we have a specific subforum for this, like SB's CrW has an Original Fiction subforum?

Or perhaps prefix a submission like [FiC Contest]?

Anyone posted their story yet? What did you do to make it look different from any regular fic?

Okay. I'm done with my story.

But I'm confused about where to put this. Could we have a specific subforum for this, like SB's CrW has an Original Fiction subforum?

Or perhaps prefix a submission like [FiC Contest]?

Anyone posted their story yet? What did you do to make it look different from any regular fic?
It's to be posted in the creative writing, I've put FiC Writing Contest Entry in the title, and just to be sure I've pinged Alias and Jakarta. Also, it isn't different than any other fic other than the word count and being either sci-fi or fantasy.

It's to be posted in the creative writing, I've put FiC Writing Contest Entry in the title, and just to be sure I've pinged Alias and Jakarta. Also, it isn't different than any other fic other than the word count and being either sci-fi or fantasy.
Ah, ok, I see we're doing (postfixes) instead.

Ahh shite, I missed that it was supposed to be no more than 5000 words. This rule really should have been in the numbered list. @Alias , please have mercy on us with poor eyesight and attention spans next time.

Ahh shite, I missed that it was supposed to be no more than 5000 words. This rule really should have been in the numbered list. @Alias , please have mercy on us with poor eyesight and attention spans next time.
I the Bunny Emperor shall show mercy as it's only 500 words over the limit and allow it this time. Though next time read carefully. : P

My first draft was just under 9,000 words!

I don't think I would have got a pass. :p

I the Bunny Emperor shall show mercy as it's only 500 words over the limit and allow it this time. Though next time read carefully. : P
Thank you. I mostly meant that all necessary rules and requirements really should be in the list next time because sometimes we glaze over the introductory paragraph on re-read. :)

My first draft was just under 9,000 words!

I don't think I would have got a pass. :p
Eheheh. Impressive.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I'm averaging 10k words on my GATE fic...
I think the impressive part is that I shaved of nearly 4,00 words and the entire thing didn't fall apart.

In my opinion. Barely anyone has viewed that page, so maybe people are spreading rumors that I suck.

Or, more likely, that this whole thing is RIGGED! Sick!

I think the impressive part is that I shaved of nearly 4,00 words and the entire thing didn't fall apart.

In my opinion. Barely anyone has viewed that page, so maybe people are spreading rumors that I suck.

Or, more likely, that this whole thing is RIGGED! Sick!
Please save accusations of rigging and conspiracies until after the vote is held and concluded. :p

Last edited:
For anybody still working on a story to submit, you got about 24 hours left.

Submissions period is over. Voting shall now begin. Links below to our six contestant's stories.

Back
Top Bottom