What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frozen In Carbonite Writing Competition Thread

Best contest entry

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alias

Hello fellow popsicles! It is I Alias, your oppressor and leader of the glorious Bunny Empire with an announcement. Of course if you read the title of the thread, you know it's our first ever FiC writing contest! You will have one month(Due date is November 15th) to write and post a short story of no more than 5000 words which will then be voted on after the submission period is over by your fellow FiC users. Now you may be asking yourself why enter this contest? Well I'm going to tell you why! Well there's the bragging rights from winning. But more importantly you will receive 100 forum points, a very snazzy banner, and some of Widowmaker and Jakarta hard earned money! That's right, actual money! So use one of the following prompts and get started writing your story!

Da Prompts

1. Soldiers fighting trench warfare. Can have it set in the future or during various periods of Earth history. You can also add horror, romance and other elements to your story if you wish.

2. Write an interesting story out of your average scifi or fantasy tropes.

3. A spaceship has crashed on a planet and the surviving crew must fight to survive.

Da Rules

1.Content must be written by the submitter in whole.

2. Your submission to the contest must follow the rules of the site. I.e No NSFW, no promotion of Nazism, apologism for genocide, bigotry etc.

3. Vote trading/selling is not allowed.

4. You may not spam the forum or users of FiC by campaigning for votes. You may, however, link to your entry in your signature or on your profile.

5. Your Entry must be wholly new, or at least wholly new to the internet and FiC.

6. Your entry must be submitted before the deadline. Any entries after the deadline will be rejected.

7. Your Submission is to be posted in the Stories and Fanfcition forum.

8. Votes will be submitted to a poll that will be posted once the submission period is over.

9. If there is a tie between two or more submissions at the end of the poll voting period, a second poll will be held and the submissions that tied will be voted for again. If another tie occurs, another poll will be held and the process repeated till we have a winner.

10. Staff may not submit entries, though they can vote in the poll.

Last edited:
I.e No NSFW, no promotion of Nazism, apologism for genocide, bigotry etc.

Ah, so nothing lewd and nothing rude, that's gonna be hard for me given my recent works*... XD

Let's see what else I can pull out of my ass this time around.

*Holocaust ISOT, space nudist gynoids, I certainly have plenty of bad ideas to go around...

Last edited:
Well, cranked out my entry and posted it, hopefully it's in the right place, and hopefully I didn't fuck up on... something (though I probably did).

Now back to writing something lewd, and probably something rude...

I'm done with my submission. Though I think I went a bit too far

To be fair, with so few people hanging around in general (much less writers), it's a good idea to have something like this as inclusive as possible...
Pretty much what Poe said.

I'm trying to write something for the SB contest, so that's kind of got priority. But the wide open rules mean that maybe I'll try and finish one of the couple of stories that I've never seemed to be able to and post it here.

Or more likely, just post the one that is finished that I haven't posted on SV/SV.

... maybe doing something else would help me with the funk that I'm in right now. I'll probably get a oneshot or something later... Maybe have my Iron Harvest oneshot worked a little more...

... or just go with some stupid crazy idea about a setting where magic, tech, and magitech are used...

[not-so-serious] Oh crap... the plot bunnies are revolting again! [/not-so-serious]

Hmm, so anyone still willing to take on the challenge? we only have 2 submissions and that's boring!

Want me to advertise it on other forums?

I would like to say yes, but I also don't want you to get banned or something.

I'm basically flirting with getting banned on AH.com nowadays anyways, and I don't think QQ will mind too much of a profile post or such. ;)

Yo @Alias, what do you think? I'm leaning on no honestly.

Yo @Alias, what do you think? I'm leaning on no honestly.
I don't think anyone else will submit an entry. Though I'd like to give @Aaron Fox and @Inspector Hammer a day or two to decide if there going to post an entry. If they don't respond or post a story before the end of the month then open up voting for the two entries on November 1st.

Gee, I was going to submit something, but if November 15th suddenly means the end of October I won't bother.

Nuuuu!!! please submit. I promise I'll read it!

Gee, I was going to submit something, but if November 15th suddenly means the end of October I won't bother.
We would only close it early if we didn't get any further responses or entries.

Nuuuu!!! please submit. I promise I'll read it!
I just have things going on right now with the kids for Halloween and a bit of a family reunion, so it will take at least a few days before I can put on my writing pants and get to it.

We would only close it early if we didn't get any further responses or entries.
I can do it by the 15th, but I can't promise a day. Just not happy with the idea of shifting the closure date just because submissions aren't coming in fast enough. Set a date and keep it, or just don't bother.

Back
Top Bottom