What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frozen in Carbonite vs. The Sun Vanished.

Mondor

The Freak
Banned
You wake up the next morning (That being 3/23/19 for those who live in the U.S.) to find out that the Sun has completely vanished. Some of you hear gunshots but one thing is constant: There is mass rioting outside and in most places, the Sun has vanished with no sign of stars in the sky. After a few days, your TV stops working entirely and most non-wireless connections stop working. Welcome to the world of The Sun Vanished.

Rules:

1. Canon: Anything made or featured by the three canonical channels (Those being TheSunVanished, Thmadjoy, and Lost Sun News).
2. You have whatever you have available to you at the present moment.
3. Your skills and memories remain in tact barring prior knowledge. The events of TSV still happen but they start as of tomorrow instead of April 30th, 2018.
4. You would act as you would if you were in such a situation. No acting out of character.
5. For fairness sake, every user now has access to a radio, one months worth of beef jerky and a vegetable of your choice, a single 9mm pistol with 10 rounds in reserve , a butterfly knife, a large jug of water, a tent and a canteen of water.

As for who I believe would be the most likely to survive, my choices would be:

1. @Wyzilla, simply because he has some form of military training and experience IIRC and as such would be the most skilled when it comes to survival.

2. @Nurgle Tank. According to him, he and his family have a moderate sized collection of swords and his father is skilled in fencing to some degree. Although this likely wouldn't allow him or his family to fight off the "Headlights" (Or at least in large numbers anyways), it would allow them to fight off some of the people affected by the Headlights. In addition, he also seems to be well acquainted with the environment that surrounds him (Including the more dangerous parts).

3. @Rufus Shinra and @Vorpal. As the two of them are highly educated when it comes to physics, they would likely be able to use their knowledge to their advantage. This and the fact that the two would he highly sought after by survivors due to their knowledge.

Useful links:

Most likely to survive: noone.

The sudden removal of the constant influx of energy to the atmosphere and the oceans will cause environmental and climatic disasters of a level barely imaginable. See, Earth's ecological, atmospheric and oceanic equilibrium is based on receiving roughly 15,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Joules from the Sun every day, that the OP just removed. The survivors will be the ones with immediate access to nuclear-powered bunkers equipped with full life-support systems capable of producing food on a long-term basis and with enough autonomous manufacturing systems to build colonies on hostile extraterrestrial worlds.

Thus, noone.

[/thread]

We freeze to death?

It's heavily implied that the Sun isn't actually gone but blocked by something. I apologize for the confusion BTW, I recall Wyzilla saying he was a veteran of some sorts.

It's heavily implied that the Sun isn't actually gone but blocked by something. I apologize for the confusion BTW, I recall Wyzilla saying he was a veteran of some sorts.
Same thing. The sunlight stops providing, for whatever reason, 1.5 E22 Joules every day, and everybody dies.

To be honest, it's not like it even pretends to be real, I'd much prefer if Breitbart was blocked as a lot of people seem to take it more seriously.

Back
Top Bottom