What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From the Creators of 'This War of Mine'; Frostpunk: the Post-Apocalyptic City Simulator

Aaron Fox

SB's Minor Junker Descendant and Hunter of Nazis
Author

So... who else has gotten this game? From what I can tell it's pretty fun if you like city-builders and This War of Mine.

Also, if you guys have a spare copy, I would like one because I can't wait to play it but I'm out of free cash right now. Steam tag is aarongamemister.

I've finished the main 3 and finishing up the DLC.
Always got the bad ending
:)

My senses tingle and tell me this is "hard men make hard choices": the game.
The game calls you out for horrible things you do at the end. Even if you did not do morally dubious actions during your gameplay.
The ending will find something to call you out for. From propaganda and executions to soup.

The game calls you out for horrible things you do at the end. Even if you did not do morally dubious actions during your gameplay.
The ending will find something to call you out for. From propaganda and executions to soup.
That's humanity in general, they can call you out for the simplest of things just because they assume that they can do better. :rolleyes:

Well, I've just got this game yesterday and... boy is it a doozy. It does not pull any punches, at all.
Remember, you if you sign the law for cemeteries, your people get happier but if you sign the law for mass graves, you could potentially use dead people for not only organs(good bonus) and fertillizer(Only good if you have hothouses with plants) but also cannibalism(If you end up doing this, something HORRIBLE went wrong with your city).

Last edited:
Remember, you if you sign the law for cemeteries, your people get happier but if you sign the law for mass graves, you could potentially use dead people for not only organs(good bonus) and fertillizer(Only good if you have hothouses with plants) but also cannibalism(If you end up doing this, something HORRIBLE went wrong with your city).
If we get a new game in the universe, I would love to see an Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom style city builder just on a grand scale...

I'm not a fan of management games but I loved Frostpunk. His universe, the atmosphere, the soundtrack just beautiful ...
The game is simple, some resources to manage, some buildings, improvements, a search system ... Very pleasantly surprised by this game !

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a fan of management games but I loved Frostpunk. His universe, the atmosphere, the soundtrack just beautiful ...
The game is simple, some resources to manage, some buildings, improvements, a search system ... Very pleasantly surprised by this game !
Yeah, it feels more like an old-fashioned Impression Games city builders, just with far less crazy logistic chains. I hope that the devs will allow further entries into the world, perhaps a Impression Games city builder style game with more production chains (like producing steam cores), trade with other cities, and military action with many of the mechanics of the game itself. Perhaps widening the tech tree further to show the adaptation to this new world that humanity finds itself in...

It is a super city builder level immersion and renewal. We are constantly fighting to survive, the stress is present. here no question of spending long minutes watching his little town bloom. You have to move to not finish frozen. Graphically and artistically superb, the cold apocalypse aspect is perfectly rendered, (you will be cold for your people). Where it hits hard is the management side of a society, you have to take care of the problems brought by the cataclysm on pain of seeing the people revolt. It is therefore a race against the elements but also a simulation of leader.

Back
Top Bottom