What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Restored From Backup

Horton

Cat
Administrator
The forum has been restored from back up to approximately 11:00 GMT after a mishandled rm * operation as root accidentally removed vital parts of the server, forcing a reset.

The forum has been restored from back up to approximately 11:00 GMT after a mishandled rm * operation as root accidentally removed vital parts of the server, forcing a reset.
That was certainly a tense moment.

Good work on getting it fixed quickly :)

Admit it, you did make @Rufus Shinra and admin for a few minutes, and that is why a restore was needed.

You have to be very careful with Unix commands because Unix-like OSes don't give a fuck. If you tell them to, they'll start cleaning house. Any time you execute a command as root, you should chant "by the power of Grayskull, I have the power" and really stop and think about what you're doing. :ROFLMAO:

You have to be very careful with Unix commands because Unix-like OSes don't give a fuck. If you tell them to, they'll start cleaning house. Any time you execute a command as root, you should chant "by the power of Grayskull, I have the power" and really stop and think about what you're doing. :ROFLMAO:
Also, there's an old trick that's sometimes used and that's hiding in extra code using coloured text on dodgy websites, meaning that you can copy paste a virus onto your server if you're not careful. I always CP into the URL before putting it in the CLI.

Back
Top Bottom